Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy - So we understand it 15:40 - Aug 14 with 11158 viewsAl_Bundy

For 5 weeks we have valued Siggy at £50M

Everton have put a bid in for £40M then £40M with add ons?

So this is a game of Everton calling our bluff to see if we cave in on the final day of the window and get Siggy on the cheap and us waiting on Everton to pay up hoping they will pay £50M and get their man.

Either way we are stuffed here.. if this goes to the final day we i'm sceptical we will have 2 or 3 signings waiting in the wings.

So the likelihood is we'll get £45M as an undisclosed fee or one unhappy Siggy on our books going into September also without any further signings to our lean squad.

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:59 - Aug 15 with 1189 viewsPegojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:55 - Aug 15 by Landore_Jack

Daily Mail stating that WBA want 25M for Chadli. F*cking crazy if true.

This.

Sounds like we're going to compound our useless handling of this saga by squandering the Everton money we get.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:00 - Aug 15 with 1183 viewsnantywatcher

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:41 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

Other than being obvious that we want to sell, is the rest of your post fact, or just rumours ?

Well said. Talk about fake news. Within a couple of hours Lisa's "rumour" will be fact.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:02 - Aug 15 with 1173 viewsMeraki

West Brom only paid about £15m last year? He's a year older now
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:06 - Aug 15 with 1149 viewsraynor94

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:00 - Aug 15 by nantywatcher

Well said. Talk about fake news. Within a couple of hours Lisa's "rumour" will be fact.

Well he couldn't be bothered to take his tracky bottoms off at the open training session, and his body language spoke volumes, hopefully we will know the truth about this saga one day

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:07 - Aug 15 with 1136 viewsMeraki

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:06 - Aug 15 by raynor94

Well he couldn't be bothered to take his tracky bottoms off at the open training session, and his body language spoke volumes, hopefully we will know the truth about this saga one day

I'd be a bit pissed off if I was told that we want to ship you out
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:12 - Aug 15 with 1106 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:00 - Aug 15 by nantywatcher

Even though I actually said in my post that it was rumoured?

Flash and yourself have ignored that bit.

There are many rumours out there, not least that we have moved the goalposts on the fee on more than one occasion. The rumour of a sticking point being Siggy's own percentage is a rumour, described as such. The bits about kit for example are a statement of fact - look at the pictures if you don't believe it. The bit about his agent dealing with Everton without agrement from the club is fact. It's a fact that he didn't go on tour, hasn't played in any games since. It's a fact that Clement himself referred to only wanting to discuss players that want to stay and work hard - who do you think he was referring to?

The amount of slack some are giving Siggy is unbelievable. If it was Gomis or Ki people's attitude would be completely different.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:13 - Aug 15 with 1099 viewsraynor94

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:07 - Aug 15 by Meraki

With a big signing on fee, plus a big increase in wages, I really understand his pain!

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:14 - Aug 15 with 1088 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:07 - Aug 15 by Meraki

What part of 'he wants to go' are people struggling with?
Login to get fewer ads

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 1089 viewsFlashberryjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:57 - Aug 15 by Landore_Jack

Or his agent

I don't think he has one, maybe wrong though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 1078 viewsBobbyBacala

Siggy - So we understand it on 10:05 - Aug 15 by Pegojack

Spot on, Lisa, the club have handled this incredibly badly. Contrast how we've dealt with it compared to Southampton's handling of the Van Dijk affair.

We should have insisted that Siggy carry on as normal, as a member of the squad who needed to train, and who needed to be available to play in all the pre season fixtures, and at Southampton. We've backed ourselves into a corner. Absolutely pathetic.

The best thing we can do now is to give Everton one final message - sign the deal on our terms by 5.00pm Thursday or it's all off, he remains our player and gets on with making a vital contribution to our Premier League season. If Siggy doesn't like it and plays up, he doesn't get paid because he's in breach of contract and he can sit in the stand until he changes his mind.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 10:11]

Out of interest, what was so good about the way Southampton dealt with the situation? I didn't see van Dijk playing for them on Saturday.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:16 - Aug 15 with 1073 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:15 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

I don't think he has one, maybe wrong though.

You don't think Siggy has an agent?

Lol.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:22 - Aug 15 with 1039 viewsMeraki

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:14 - Aug 15 by londonlisa2001

And we want to sell him.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:22 - Aug 15 with 1034 viewsWhiterockin

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:22 - Aug 15 by Meraki

And we want to sell him.

And Everton want to buy him.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:23 - Aug 15 with 1027 viewslondonlisa2001

And we want to sell him.

Of course we do.

The two are not mutually incompatible.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:24 - Aug 15 with 1016 viewsFlashberryjack

Every player in our squad would want to go if another club came in with such an inflated offer for them, and Siggy is no different.

Hello

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:27 - Aug 15 with 997 viewsraynor94

And we want to sell him.

Who has ever said we didn't? We'd have been bonkers not to when we were talking in excess of £40 million, but to make out he doesn't want to go is daft

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:29 - Aug 15 with 980 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:24 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

Every player in our squad would want to go if another club came in with such an inflated offer for them, and Siggy is no different.

Of course they would. I've said loads of times I don't blame him in the slightest for wanting to go to Everton, but spare us the whole 'he's totally professional and happy to stay with us' when that is just not true.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:33 - Aug 15 with 966 viewsPegojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:15 - Aug 15 by BobbyBacala

Out of interest, what was so good about the way Southampton dealt with the situation? I didn't see van Dijk playing for them on Saturday.

He was tapped up illegally by the Scousers, he wanted to go but had signed a new six year contract in 2016. Liverpool were considering a £50 million bid. Saints said we don't want to sell, player got uppity, Saints said you're going nowhere and you can sit in the stands until you change your attitude. Player submitted a transfer request. Liverpool say they have ended their interest. Saints manager says he wants him back training and in the team. Now Chelsea and Man City are rumoured to be interested and Saints are willing to consider £70 million.
Siggy - So we understand it on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 959 viewsFlashberryjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:16 - Aug 15 by londonlisa2001

You don't think Siggy has an agent?

Lol.

Sorry! I thought I'd read somewhere that when he joined us he negotiated his own deal without the aid of an agent.

I was obviously wrong.

Lol ?

Hello

Siggy - So we understand it on 14:00 - Aug 15 with 863 viewsjack247

Plenty of Swans fans still seem to think Santa exists
Siggy - So we understand it on 14:02 - Aug 15 with 856 viewsBobbyBacala

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:33 - Aug 15 by Pegojack

He was tapped up illegally by the Scousers, he wanted to go but had signed a new six year contract in 2016. Liverpool were considering a £50 million bid. Saints said we don't want to sell, player got uppity, Saints said you're going nowhere and you can sit in the stands until you change your attitude. Player submitted a transfer request. Liverpool say they have ended their interest. Saints manager says he wants him back training and in the team. Now Chelsea and Man City are rumoured to be interested and Saints are willing to consider £70 million.

Fair enough but not sure I totally agree - they're still in the same position as us with a question mark hanging over an unhappy player who isn't playing for them. I suppose the main difference is that Southampton have managed to force him into submitting a transfer request, which is one of my main bugbears about 'wantaway' players who aren't willing to forego their loyalty bonuses.

Thanks for the reply.
Siggy - So we understand it on 14:06 - Aug 15 with 836 viewsE20Jack

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:35 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

Sorry! I thought I'd read somewhere that when he joined us he negotiated his own deal without the aid of an agent.

I was obviously wrong.

Lol ?

You are correct in the fact that he used to represent himself, he was one of the few top flight players that did. He is now under the management of a family member, Dad I believe.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy - So we understand it on 14:06 - Aug 15 with 836 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy - So we understand it on 13:35 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

I was obviously wrong.

Lol ?

The 'lol' was because you questioned whether he had an agent when his agent couldn't have been more active in the past few weeks.
Siggy - So we understand it on 14:06 - Aug 15 with 834 viewsSwanjaxs

Kill me now!!! Just fùck off Sigurdsson! Personally I'd give the kunt away! It's doing my fùckin nut in!!! 😠😠😠

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Siggy - So we understand it on 14:07 - Aug 15 with 825 viewsFlashberryjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 14:00 - Aug 15 by jack247

Plenty of Swans fans still seem to think Santa exists

I bet there are, great for the kids.

There are also plenty of Swans fans that think their opinions become facts, if they repeat them often enough.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024