Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real problem is the players 19:31 - Aug 14 with 2386 viewsLoyal

And their salaries that they receive.
Blame who you want but this is the issue. That's why there is little available for transfers, and not just at Swansea. Newcastle have openly stated the same. I also believe the yanks have creamed a lot off the top but this is the problem.
Football is eating itself, and we should stand back and laugh.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The real problem is the players on 21:14 - Aug 14 with 498 viewsawayjack

The real problem is the players on 20:20 - Aug 14 by theloneranger

Interesting the Swans revenue to wages is approx 85%

The top 6 revenue is far higher, but their wages to revenue is so much lower

Man Utd Revenue £515m. Wages to Revenue 47%
Man City Revenue £393m. Wages to Revenue 50%
Arsenal Revenue £350m. Wages to Revenue 56%
Chelsea Revenue £335m. Wages to Revenue 69%
Liverpool Revenue 302m. Wages to Revenue 69%
Spurs Revenue £209m. Wages to Revenue 50%

Figures are for 2015/2016 Season

That's quite scary and shows extent of our old incompetent Board. Number inflated by 'free signings' wages and frankly a long list of old players that should've been moved on and a dozen or so on high salaries with 'potential' like Grimes and Barrow. One good thing the yanks have done is moved these on so I suspect our wages will fall materially this year and our Sky money / commercial income increases. Easy to see a turnaround from loss last year to £20m+ operating profit, plus naturally profit from selling our assets / players.

If I'm honest I love watching us / football but the general greed of owners, players and agents sickens me. Not something we can control in a bubble.
The real problem is the players on 21:16 - Aug 14 with 487 viewslonglostjack

The real problem is the players on 20:57 - Aug 14 by Swans777

OF course they are. They are premier league players.
I just don't understand some Swansea fans. Here we have the club playing in the premier league, with the whole city benefiting from the exposure that brings, and yet we have some fans moaning about something or other.

The players earn huge salaries, so what, that's the nature of the beast. You have no choice.

"We have some fans moaning about something or other."
You don't get it do you or perhaps you do?
Do you think we're going to the next level? What's your take on Bobbly's appointment? What's your take on the supposed interest in Joey now, when he was available at less than half the price last year? Fans just "moaning" are they? Seems to be the "in" word these days to rubbish legitimate concerns. You're bad my friend, very bad.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 21:17]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The real problem is the players on 21:43 - Aug 14 with 454 viewsgiantstoneater

Sooner or later the players have to look at the obscene money they are on or the game will implode and clubs need to channel more money into local and grass roots Football improve local coaches and do more charity work. I would like players to do more for local projects especially involving kids they need to keep in touch with reality I believe this is what the game is losing and they shouldn't.
The real problem is the players on 21:44 - Aug 14 with 451 viewsLoyal

The real problem is the players on 20:57 - Aug 14 by Swans777

OF course they are. They are premier league players.
I just don't understand some Swansea fans. Here we have the club playing in the premier league, with the whole city benefiting from the exposure that brings, and yet we have some fans moaning about something or other.

The players earn huge salaries, so what, that's the nature of the beast. You have no choice.

I have loads of choices, this is a debate not an argument.
Have a think.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The real problem is the players on 21:47 - Aug 14 with 448 viewsLoyal

The real problem is the players on 21:13 - Aug 14 by Flashberryjack

The real problem are the parasitic, blood sucking agents, the money grabbing bast*rds should be cleansed from the game.

Huw employs agents every month of the year though.
Football can't have it both ways.

The real problem is the players on 01:54 - Aug 15 with 369 viewsdameedna

Sit back and laugh.
Let it go.
It is up to our club to build other sources of revenue with merchandising if we cant afford wages.
The real problem is the players on 03:29 - Aug 15 with 351 viewsjasper_T

The real problem is the players on 21:05 - Aug 14 by awayjack

I may be out of date but thought we were £20m+ in debt on accounts for 2016.

There is always going to be debt shown on accounts related to cashflow etc. It doesn't actually mean much wrt profit & loss.
The real problem is the players on 05:48 - Aug 15 with 327 viewsLeonWasGod

Correct.

We get ~£110-120m a year. Think about that. £110-120 every single year. Club staff cost us bit (not much, I know soeone whoworksin finance and is paid a pittance for a fairly senior role), but the vast majority goes on player wages.

A 'low' wage is what? £20k per week? That's not much is it; senior pros here will get double to tripple that; more at several other clubs. That 'low' wage of 'only' £20 k per week is MORE THAN £1m per year.

You know it's obscene when they state wages per week, rather than a year like the rest if us.

It stinks and we're mugs. Actually the clubs are mugs as it can bankrupt them but they daren't stand up to it.

And don't start me on the leech f*ckers that are agents 😡
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024