Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread 20:16 - Aug 15 with 27263 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 9:37]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:31 - Aug 19 with 1174 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 15:29 - Aug 19 by jackportis

A 100% failure rate this season at home

Clement out
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 15:39]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 16:26 - Aug 19 with 1071 viewssully49

Why did he take Bartley off?
A massive improvement on last Saturday's performance, although their keeper didn't have a save to make. We didn't deserve to go down by 4 though.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 16:32 - Aug 19 with 1062 viewsWarwickHunt

We weren't going to score. Clement gambled for a point - pity about the shite cards he's been dealt.
The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 16:35 - Aug 19 with 1055 viewsgiantstoneater

Two poor mistakes from Fer and TC and the floodgates opened heads went down, why he changed the system I don`t know but the lack of quality on the bench might have had something to do with that. We lack true pace up front and in truth were we really expecting a 19 year old to cause their back line any real problems although Tammy ran himself into the ground we have gone into a season with Olly as our third striker FRIGHTENING! Ayeuw doesn`t look comfortable in central areas and got in the way a couple of times, one cracking ball in from Ayeuw in the first half just needed a touch. Lot of work to do in the window and it has to be quality just has to be.
The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 17:13 - Aug 19 with 1002 viewsKerouac

Fabianski - 4
Not good, not good at all. Coming for balls he was always second favourite for, poor distribution (lump it in Tammy's general direction every time I get it seems to be the motto). What the f*ck was he doing for Pogba's goal? He comes rushing out but instead of making himself as big as he can and getting his hands up he goes down on his knees and leans back so he is practically limbo dancing...easiest dink over the top of a keeper I can imagine.
Sh*t.

Naughton - 4
Can't buy a yard and cross. Can't hit a ball first time, he ALWAYS traps it before crossing (giving the defender an extra second to get to him and block it). Can't pass it 5 yards, preferring to lump it up the line usually...and most seriously, CAN'T FECKING DEFEND. Today's highlight; For the 2nd goal he gets sucked in to the centre to try and win a ball he is never likely to win. Loses out, but instead of making any effort to get back into position (FAO one Kyle Naughton, you play RIGHT-BACK) he has another fecking go at chasing the dribbler for a 2nd bite at the cherry...he ends up sat on his arse watching as the Utd player roles it to Lukaku (who has moved into the space that Naughton is supposed to defend) for a tap in.
Sh*t.

Olsson - 6
Decent enough.

Fernandez - 7
Had a good game.

Bartley - 7
Had his best game for the Swans (he will have to put in a string of these to talk me around though)

Mawson - 6
Did some good things, did some bad things...I don't think he did enough at the corner for the 1st goal, and could have done better with the 3rd....also, he likes the long diagonal ball a bit too much, but then the movement in midfield is shite so he doesn't always have a good option)

Mesa - 6
Difficult start to Premier League life, a real baptism of fire but definitely grew into the game and will be a good player for us I am sure.

Fer - 5
Didn't play well at all. Wanted too long on the ball. Made poor decisions re: passing. Defensively unsound.

Carroll - 6
I really like this boy and is always trying to do the right thing but it wasn't his best game. Needs to be more confident in the final 3rd.

Ayew - 5
Not good, not good at all. Gives the ball away far too easily. Poor strength, shite passer, tries things that are not really on...but sometimes it comes off (which is why I haven't scored him a 4).
As well as infuriating me he also hit the bar, fired in a good low cross for Abraham, actually beat his man and swung in a good cross from the right (he's about the only one who seems to do that these days) and got in positions where he could have scored.
Schizophrenic.

Abraham - 5
Obviously a talent. A good touch and ability to spin his man. Good pace. Plays with confidence....but too much confidence today I'm afraid.
On many, many occasions the correct option for the team was to lay it off using a simple pass, or once he'd spun away from his man the next touch should have been a pass....but he looked like he wanted to beat them all on his own and lost the ball far, far, too much for my tastes.
The good news is that he will score goals for this team, of that I am certain

Subs

Routledge - passes it nice. Not enough pace to play wide these days. Needs to be the playmaker behind the striker for me.

Narsingh - Totally ineffectual, a waste of time.

McBurnie - Ditto

Clement - 6
Would have been a higher score for having the guts to go 3 at the back (which is the way to go up against teams playing 1 up front IMO. You need 2 CMs screening them though and the wing-backs need to be WING-backs...Naughton is not Clement's fault though. The personnel is what it is.) but his subs undid his good work. In midfield it was Fer that should have been hooked and Routledge played in the hole behind the 2 strikers....once we had a flat back 4 screened by Fer and Carroll we were asking for trouble and we found it.

Hope.

------------------ Abraham ---------------------- Llorente / Target man B -----------
------------------------------- Attacking Mid /Winger -----------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------- Carroll --------------------------------- Fer -------------------------------
---------------------------------------- Mesa ------------------------------------------------
Olsson ---------------------------------------------------------------------- New Signing
----------------------- Mawson ----------------- Fernandez -----------------------------
-------------------------------------- Fabianski ----------------------------------------------

Bench; Bartley, Naughton, Leon, Ki (but I'd rather sell him and replace with better), Routledge, Ayew, Llorente / Target Man B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 20:14 - Aug 19 with 913 viewsbuilthjack

Fabianski
Not going to blame him. Lack of movement when he had the ball meant he had to pump it forward countless times. It's not rocket science for our players to move and pull the opposition about, so as to create space for Fab to roll it out. 6/10

Naughton
Didn't do good or bad. The usual 5/10. Not the best full back and won't improve much.

Ollson
Did ok but had one of his poorer games. Not helped today by Carroll having a poor game. 6/10

Mawson
Decent first half but rolled over second half. Still has a huge amount to learn, especially positioning. 5/10

Fernandez
Had a very good first half, but faded late on. 6/10

Bartley
Decent game, made some good tackles. A mistake to take him off. 7/10

Mesa
Still not at the races. But will come good. 6/10

Carroll
Poor game. Didn't turn up today. 5/10

Fer
Lazy, not good enough to be a regular starter. 4/10

Abraham
The press have bigged him up. Another glaring miss with his head. He has to bury those. 2 weeks running now. Lacks vision. Llorente is badly needed. 5/10

Ayew
Tries hard. But sometimes looks like he's in a primary school playground and wants those extra touches. Did that today. Won't as good as his brother by a long chalk. 5/10

Subs.
Routledge
Offered nothing. 3/10

Narsingh
Time to pack his bags. Can't beat a man, he is supposed to be a winger. 3/10

McBurnie
Not going to make it. 3/10

We need at least 3, probably 4 good signings. Not your average players, but good players. As well as a fit Llorente and a fit Leon.
Utd were not particularly good. We made them look it.

Time for action Yanks and Jenkins. Or Clement could walk.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 20:50]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 20:27 - Aug 19 with 891 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 20:14 - Aug 19 by builthjack

Fabianski
Not going to blame him. Lack of movement when he had the ball meant he had to pump it forward countless times. It's not rocket science for our players to move and pull the opposition about, so as to create space for Fab to roll it out. 6/10

Naughton
Didn't do good or bad. The usual 5/10. Not the best full back and won't improve much.

Ollson
Did ok but had one of his poorer games. Not helped today by Carroll having a poor game. 6/10

Mawson
Decent first half but rolled over second half. Still has a huge amount to learn, especially positioning. 5/10

Fernandez
Had a very good first half, but faded late on. 6/10

Bartley
Decent game, made some good tackles. A mistake to take him off. 7/10

Mesa
Still not at the races. But will come good. 6/10

Carroll
Poor game. Didn't turn up today. 5/10

Fer
Lazy, not good enough to be a regular starter. 4/10

Abraham
The press have bigged him up. Another glaring miss with his head. He has to bury those. 2 weeks running now. Lacks vision. Llorente is badly needed. 5/10

Ayew
Tries hard. But sometimes looks like he's in a primary school playground and wants those extra touches. Did that today. Won't as good as his brother by a long chalk. 5/10

Subs.
Routledge
Offered nothing. 3/10

Narsingh
Time to pack his bags. Can't beat a man, he is supposed to be a winger. 3/10

McBurnie
Not going to make it. 3/10

We need at least 3, probably 4 good signings. Not your average players, but good players. As well as a fit Llorente and a fit Leon.
Utd were not particularly good. We made them look it.

Time for action Yanks and Jenkins. Or Clement could walk.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 20:50]

Can you do that every week Builth?
Watching on a bloody stream isn't the same.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 22:24 - Aug 19 with 843 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 17:13 - Aug 19 by Kerouac

Fabianski - 4
Not good, not good at all. Coming for balls he was always second favourite for, poor distribution (lump it in Tammy's general direction every time I get it seems to be the motto). What the f*ck was he doing for Pogba's goal? He comes rushing out but instead of making himself as big as he can and getting his hands up he goes down on his knees and leans back so he is practically limbo dancing...easiest dink over the top of a keeper I can imagine.
Sh*t.

Naughton - 4
Can't buy a yard and cross. Can't hit a ball first time, he ALWAYS traps it before crossing (giving the defender an extra second to get to him and block it). Can't pass it 5 yards, preferring to lump it up the line usually...and most seriously, CAN'T FECKING DEFEND. Today's highlight; For the 2nd goal he gets sucked in to the centre to try and win a ball he is never likely to win. Loses out, but instead of making any effort to get back into position (FAO one Kyle Naughton, you play RIGHT-BACK) he has another fecking go at chasing the dribbler for a 2nd bite at the cherry...he ends up sat on his arse watching as the Utd player roles it to Lukaku (who has moved into the space that Naughton is supposed to defend) for a tap in.
Sh*t.

Olsson - 6
Decent enough.

Fernandez - 7
Had a good game.

Bartley - 7
Had his best game for the Swans (he will have to put in a string of these to talk me around though)

Mawson - 6
Did some good things, did some bad things...I don't think he did enough at the corner for the 1st goal, and could have done better with the 3rd....also, he likes the long diagonal ball a bit too much, but then the movement in midfield is shite so he doesn't always have a good option)

Mesa - 6
Difficult start to Premier League life, a real baptism of fire but definitely grew into the game and will be a good player for us I am sure.

Fer - 5
Didn't play well at all. Wanted too long on the ball. Made poor decisions re: passing. Defensively unsound.

Carroll - 6
I really like this boy and is always trying to do the right thing but it wasn't his best game. Needs to be more confident in the final 3rd.

Ayew - 5
Not good, not good at all. Gives the ball away far too easily. Poor strength, shite passer, tries things that are not really on...but sometimes it comes off (which is why I haven't scored him a 4).
As well as infuriating me he also hit the bar, fired in a good low cross for Abraham, actually beat his man and swung in a good cross from the right (he's about the only one who seems to do that these days) and got in positions where he could have scored.
Schizophrenic.

Abraham - 5
Obviously a talent. A good touch and ability to spin his man. Good pace. Plays with confidence....but too much confidence today I'm afraid.
On many, many occasions the correct option for the team was to lay it off using a simple pass, or once he'd spun away from his man the next touch should have been a pass....but he looked like he wanted to beat them all on his own and lost the ball far, far, too much for my tastes.
The good news is that he will score goals for this team, of that I am certain

Subs

Routledge - passes it nice. Not enough pace to play wide these days. Needs to be the playmaker behind the striker for me.

Narsingh - Totally ineffectual, a waste of time.

McBurnie - Ditto

Clement - 6
Would have been a higher score for having the guts to go 3 at the back (which is the way to go up against teams playing 1 up front IMO. You need 2 CMs screening them though and the wing-backs need to be WING-backs...Naughton is not Clement's fault though. The personnel is what it is.) but his subs undid his good work. In midfield it was Fer that should have been hooked and Routledge played in the hole behind the 2 strikers....once we had a flat back 4 screened by Fer and Carroll we were asking for trouble and we found it.

Hope.

------------------ Abraham ---------------------- Llorente / Target man B -----------
------------------------------- Attacking Mid /Winger -----------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------- Carroll --------------------------------- Fer -------------------------------
---------------------------------------- Mesa ------------------------------------------------
Olsson ---------------------------------------------------------------------- New Signing
----------------------- Mawson ----------------- Fernandez -----------------------------
-------------------------------------- Fabianski ----------------------------------------------

Bench; Bartley, Naughton, Leon, Ki (but I'd rather sell him and replace with better), Routledge, Ayew, Llorente / Target Man B

So blind Naughton played a good Me today ....made several header to clear form Man U corners,linked well down the right.....people see things in different ways ...weakest link today Ayew, gave the ball away far to many times

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 23:56 - Aug 20 with 690 viewsKerouac

The Official Swansea City Vs Man U Premier League Match Preview and Thread on 22:24 - Aug 19 by vetchonian

So blind Naughton played a good Me today ....made several header to clear form Man U corners,linked well down the right.....people see things in different ways ...weakest link today Ayew, gave the ball away far to many times

Re: Naughton
Just seen it on MOTD2 now and I stand by my reading of the second goal. Naughton got himself way, way, out of position...because he makes bad decisions, consistently.

Re: What you said about Ayew
I said the same about Ayew AND I criticised Abraham for it...Clement has said the same thing today about the pair of them.
They let the team (who worked so hard to win the ball back) down often by overplaying it when the simple option was available.
This is why they were isolated, because they did not offer the platform the midfield needed to get forward.
Abraham in particular looked like he was playing for himself...trying to get himself some headlines against Man Utd...rather than the team.
He does have ability though and will come good.
On the other hand Ayew's performances are always going to be up and down for me.
Good option coming off the bench though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024