Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wedding speeches 21:22 - Aug 15 with 3541 viewsdickythorpe

What are some of the best gags, one liners, anecdotes you've heard?

A mate of mine is an usher soon and has been asked to make a brief speech as due to a bereavement there isn't a best man or father of the bride sadly.

I've been a best man once and have given him some advice like to compliment the bride, but not to get to bogged down in silly stories of piss ups etc.

A good gag I heard was when the best man gave 12 blank keys to 12 male guests....half way through the speech he said the bride had a special request, and that was she had lost her front door key somewhere and could anyone that has found it just come forward during the day....well within seconds all 12 came forward waving their key!!!
( I suppose you had to be there)

Groucho Marx was once a best man and said " never laugh at your wife 's choices....you are one of them!"
Wedding speeches on 22:23 - Aug 15 with 3482 viewsBanosswan

He probably just needs to thank all the usual people, trying to be funny if it's in an unusual situation probably won't be best. 90% of the people there want the speeches to be over asap anyway.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Wedding speeches on 09:41 - Aug 16 with 3330 viewsDr_Winston

The best man at a wedding I once went to make a joke about the groom ordering his new bride breakfast the morning after consisting of lettuce, carrots and cabbage because he wanted to see if she ate like a rabbit as well.

The bride's mother was not amused.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wedding speeches on 09:48 - Aug 16 with 3315 viewsMo_Wives

Wedding speeches on 09:41 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

The best man at a wedding I once went to make a joke about the groom ordering his new bride breakfast the morning after consisting of lettuce, carrots and cabbage because he wanted to see if she ate like a rabbit as well.

The bride's mother was not amused.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Wedding speeches on 12:36 - Aug 16 with 3225 viewsstevethejack

At my wedding, my speech started "On behalf of my first wife and I....."
Wedding speeches on 12:43 - Aug 16 with 3207 viewsowainglyndwr

Enjoy your honeymoon in North Wales.
It is North Wales were you are to spend your honeymoon.

Well because you said that you was going to Bang her/Bangor for two weeks
Wedding speeches on 12:48 - Aug 16 with 3194 viewsMo_Wives

I hope the bride and groom are happy with the whole thing...well, the groom happy with the hole and the bride happy with the thing.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Wedding speeches on 13:14 - Aug 16 with 3159 viewssquarebear

Wedding speeches on 22:23 - Aug 15 by Banosswan

He probably just needs to thank all the usual people, trying to be funny if it's in an unusual situation probably won't be best. 90% of the people there want the speeches to be over asap anyway.

That's only true if the speeches are rubbish. A good speech is something to be savoured.
Wedding speeches on 13:33 - Aug 16 with 3120 viewsDyfnant

I know the groom can't wait to get the bride like the table in his old nans house, on all fours with no drawers

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Wedding speeches on 14:17 - Aug 16 with 3060 viewsphilswansfan

It's been an emotional day. Even the cake's in tiers
Wedding speeches on 10:59 - Aug 17 with 2828 viewsOnslow

Best one I heard was "They say blood is thicker than water. Sadly my brother is thicker than both" - the groom about his best man brother

She keeps passin' me by...

Wedding speeches on 12:10 - Aug 17 with 2776 viewsNatterjack

My best man speech was going down like a lead balloon a few years ago due to me consuming far too much Stella Artois and my crudeness in front of half a room full of welsh speaking chapel-goers from the brides family.

Having thought naively things couldn't get much worse, I proceeded to tell the children present to f*ck up, frisbieed the 'Greek' cards written in Welsh and put my kilt over the brides mothers head asking her 'what do you think of that then?'

Funnily enough, I've not seen much of my mate and the brides family since. The speech has gone down in folklore to the ones that appreciated it though!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 12:19]
Wedding speeches on 16:43 - Aug 17 with 2681 viewsmacthejack

I'll now do my best to give *groom* the most uncomfortable 5 minutes of his life, and he'll be giving *bride* the most uncomfortable 5 minutes of her life later this evening.
Wedding speeches on 22:04 - Aug 17 with 2561 viewssherpajacob

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Mitch-Murrays-One-liners-Weddings-Speeches-Murr

Invaluable advice on how to construct a wedding speech.

I used it for a,best man speech and as groom.

Both speeches are still spoken about more than 10 years later.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024