Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days 05:53 - Aug 16 with 11037 viewsSPboy

Whatever anyone thinks about Siggy he has played his part in some of the best away days of recent years during his 2 spells with us.

Especially the away day goals that will always remain in my memory, some
of the best away days ever:

-Fulham away 0-3 masterclass, the most complete performance I have ever witnessed by a Swansea side
-Wigan away , kept us safe & condemned Wigan
-WBA away - goals in the snow & the orange jerseys
-Villa Park - what a free kick
-Old Trafford - first ever league win, set up Ki then scored the winning goal -
not the start Van Gaal was expecting
-Anfield - the winning goal & history our first league win
-Old Trafford free kick, vital draw last season

Probably many more, these are just the games that I went to that I can remember

Not to mention the goals at home especially v Arsenal, Villa ... never missed a penalty either
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 06:03 - Aug 16 with 5985 viewsSwansNZ

He's a very good player, no doubt about it.

Not worth £45 million, but if someone wants to pay that, then great for us.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 07:28 - Aug 16 with 5877 viewsWhiterockin

Thanks for the good times.
Thanks for the money.
Now shut the door on the way out.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 07:50 - Aug 16 with 5809 viewsAngelRangelQS

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 06:03 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

He's a very good player, no doubt about it.

Not worth £45 million, but if someone wants to pay that, then great for us.

Not worth £45m? Yet been pretty much the reason we've bagged £100m in each of the last two seasons. Given the market, £45m is probably about right
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:15 - Aug 16 with 5756 viewsYossarian

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 07:50 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

Not worth £45m? Yet been pretty much the reason we've bagged £100m in each of the last two seasons. Given the market, £45m is probably about right

Absolutely. If anyone thinks we would have survived without Siggy is having a laugh. He saved us vital points with his set pieces (think of Old Trafford last season for starters) and his character and determination galvanised some of the flimsier characters in the squad. As yet another from the good times leaves, the numbers who knew of our rise, what it took to get to the EPL and survive, gets smaller. Apart from the loss of his ability, there is the question of the strength of character of this squad- those who won't quit when the going gets tough. That's my biggest worry now- thanks to Jenkins we recruit journeymen from abroad rather than young, hungry players from the lower leagues who got us here in the first place. It should be a vital part of our template for continuing success- but, apart from Alfie, it seems to have been lost.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:19 - Aug 16 with 5733 viewsSwansNZ

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:15 - Aug 16 by Yossarian

Absolutely. If anyone thinks we would have survived without Siggy is having a laugh. He saved us vital points with his set pieces (think of Old Trafford last season for starters) and his character and determination galvanised some of the flimsier characters in the squad. As yet another from the good times leaves, the numbers who knew of our rise, what it took to get to the EPL and survive, gets smaller. Apart from the loss of his ability, there is the question of the strength of character of this squad- those who won't quit when the going gets tough. That's my biggest worry now- thanks to Jenkins we recruit journeymen from abroad rather than young, hungry players from the lower leagues who got us here in the first place. It should be a vital part of our template for continuing success- but, apart from Alfie, it seems to have been lost.

Gylfi had feck all to do with us getting to the PL

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:22 - Aug 16 with 5720 viewsSwansNZ

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 07:50 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

His contribution to our survival was vital, but as a player, I'd not value him at £45 million. Everton obviously think he is, and that's all the matters.

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:23 - Aug 16 with 5713 viewsSheffieldjack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:19 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

Gylfi had feck all to do with us getting to the PL

He's had something to do with us staying in it though......
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:25 - Aug 16 with 5703 viewsSwansNZ

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:23 - Aug 16 by Sheffieldjack

He's had something to do with us staying in it though......

Of course he did

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:28 - Aug 16 with 5683 viewsPrivate_Partz

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:15 - Aug 16 by Yossarian

I would prefer young hungry players from abroad than ditto from our lower leagues. All that will do is bolster the u23 side. Alfie Mawson is a rarity.
Our success has been based on 26 yr olds who play in the top flights abroad.
The problem for me is I have serious doubts about Jenkins and the recruitment team finding that quality of even finding anyone regardless.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:36 - Aug 16 with 5644 viewsplasmarljack

Siggy, A perfect professional and a real Gentleman. Don't think you would call him a leader or a dominant force but thanks very much for the memories Gylfi. Good luck at neverton,
Step up to the plate Rocke and make a name for yourself.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:44 - Aug 16 with 5589 viewsPegojack

I've got to say I'm gutted, we can't afford to lose players of that class, but in the modern era where money talks, it was inevitable.

I have very little confidence in the club using the money well to bolster our league survival, and if it wasn't for the Clement factor, I'd say we were nailed on for relegation. As it is, I'd say it's 50/50.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:48 - Aug 16 with 5562 viewsFerrieBodde

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:44 - Aug 16 by Pegojack

I've got to say I'm gutted, we can't afford to lose players of that class, but in the modern era where money talks, it was inevitable.

I have very little confidence in the club using the money well to bolster our league survival, and if it wasn't for the Clement factor, I'd say we were nailed on for relegation. As it is, I'd say it's 50/50.

I agree wholeheartedly. Our current leadership can hardly be relied upon to invest the money, much less invest it in decent players ffs.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:50 - Aug 16 with 5549 viewsepaul

Yes and the "professional " attitude he displayed once he'd been tapped up was commendable, fuk him and when he's fuked off he can fuk off some more, good luck siggy with your move to a "bigger" team, hope works out well like it has for all the others that have left for bigger and better

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:53 - Aug 16 with 5536 viewsDarran

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:50 - Aug 16 by epaul

Yes and the "professional " attitude he displayed once he'd been tapped up was commendable, fuk him and when he's fuked off he can fuk off some more, good luck siggy with your move to a "bigger" team, hope works out well like it has for all the others that have left for bigger and better

The perfect professional mind Paul.

I despair at many of our fans these days I really do.

Fuçk him I hope he rots on their bench.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:58 - Aug 16 with 5507 viewspencoedjack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:44 - Aug 16 by Pegojack

I agree with all of this post
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 09:05 - Aug 16 with 5460 viewsSTID2017

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:53 - Aug 16 by Darran

The perfect professional mind Paul.

I despair at many of our fans these days I really do.

Fuçk him I hope he rots on their bench.

Guaranteed you'd be along with your signature send off
Personally I'm grateful for all he has done for us in the past, but the whole business has been badly handled over the summer

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 09:32 - Aug 16 with 5364 viewsSPboy

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:50 - Aug 16 by epaul

I hope he fails spectacularly too just like Sinclair & Bony, Everton ffs
Somehow I think he is better equipped than those. Some stats and what Pat Nevin thinks on BBC website ...

7 - Since his Premier League debut, Sigurdsson has scored more free-kicks than any other player
8 - Sigurdsson provided more assists last season from dead ball situations than any other player in the Premier League
34 - With 34 goals Sigurdsson is Swansea's top scorer in the Premier League
29 - With 29 assists Sigurdsson is Swansea's most prolific creator of goals in the Premier League
433 - Sigurdsson covered more distance (kilometres) in the Premier League than any other player last season

Former Everton and Scotland winger Pat Nevin on BBC Radio 5 live

"There's a few of us out there that think this guy's extra special and can give you that one thing, that one piece of class that you need to make yourself different from the rest.
"Sigurdsson gets a game wherever he goes and looks perfectly good in any team you put him in, he's a fabulous player and I think he single-handedly kept his club up last season."
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 10:13]
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 09:52 - Aug 16 with 5286 viewsawayjack

Yes made a huge contribution but we can be more dynamic if we replace him with right signings. See most of the pundits consigning us to relation without him. Clowns - I hope.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 09:55 - Aug 16 with 5269 viewsJohnw102

All the talk about him saving us last season, think people are forgetting the one real legend who was called back into the team and made it happen.

LEON LEON LEON

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:03 - Aug 16 with 5241 viewsSPboy

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 09:52 - Aug 16 by awayjack

Yes made a huge contribution but we can be more dynamic if we replace him with right signings. See most of the pundits consigning us to relation without him. Clowns - I hope.

For a change I'm inclined to agree with them. I just can't see anything but a struggle. There was always a chance of a goal with Siggy on the field, he gave us that X factor until teams sussed him out and closed him down. We just haven't got the goals in our squad and we don't have enough (any ?)creativity
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:04 - Aug 16 with 5238 viewsAngelRangelQS

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 09:52 - Aug 16 by awayjack

That's the key though, isn't it.

IMO we need a better Fer and a better Routledge at the very least.

I'm a fan of Bony but not sure why we would go for him unless Llorente goes.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:08 - Aug 16 with 5215 viewsDafyddHuw

Who's gonna keep us up now that he's gone?

If we go down cos of no Gylfi, £45M is gonna look like peanuts.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 10:12]
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:12 - Aug 16 with 5190 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Hubert's north of the border as we speak

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:21 - Aug 16 with 5140 viewsraynor94

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:03 - Aug 16 by SPboy

For a change I'm inclined to agree with them. I just can't see anything but a struggle. There was always a chance of a goal with Siggy on the field, he gave us that X factor until teams sussed him out and closed him down. We just haven't got the goals in our squad and we don't have enough (any ?)creativity

So one game in you are condemning us to struggle, before anyone has been brought in, let's at least wait until the window closes before writing the season off

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:24 - Aug 16 with 5117 viewsraynor94

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:08 - Aug 16 by DafyddHuw

Who's gonna keep us up now that he's gone?

If we go down cos of no Gylfi, £45M is gonna look like peanuts.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 10:12]

But he didn't want to be here, and if it is £45 million, it's an excellent deal

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024