Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days 05:53 - Aug 16 with 10972 viewsSPboy

Whatever anyone thinks about Siggy he has played his part in some of the best away days of recent years during his 2 spells with us.

Especially the away day goals that will always remain in my memory, some
of the best away days ever:

-Fulham away 0-3 masterclass, the most complete performance I have ever witnessed by a Swansea side
-Wigan away , kept us safe & condemned Wigan
-WBA away - goals in the snow & the orange jerseys
-Villa Park - what a free kick
-Old Trafford - first ever league win, set up Ki then scored the winning goal -
not the start Van Gaal was expecting
-Anfield - the winning goal & history our first league win
-Old Trafford free kick, vital draw last season

Probably many more, these are just the games that I went to that I can remember

Not to mention the goals at home especially v Arsenal, Villa ... never missed a penalty either
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:37 - Aug 16 with 1709 viewsEasternJack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:24 - Aug 16 by raynor94

But he didn't want to be here, and if it is £45 million, it's an excellent deal

£45m is a good deal, but at the same time we're going to struggle to replace his contribution.

From PC's demenor in recent press conferences along with the whole Mesa issue, it looks like HJ is making the decisions on player acquisition. With his 50% hit rate we better start praying we get another Michu and not another Baston/Franck.

In Siggy, I get that he's moving by on, but don't quite understand the hatred. I challenge anyone here to honestly say that they would stay loyal to their current employer if they knew they could more than double their wages by going elsewhere. It's just a job for these guys.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:43 - Aug 16 with 1689 viewspencoedjack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:37 - Aug 16 by EasternJack

£45m is a good deal, but at the same time we're going to struggle to replace his contribution.

From PC's demenor in recent press conferences along with the whole Mesa issue, it looks like HJ is making the decisions on player acquisition. With his 50% hit rate we better start praying we get another Michu and not another Baston/Franck.

In Siggy, I get that he's moving by on, but don't quite understand the hatred. I challenge anyone here to honestly say that they would stay loyal to their current employer if they knew they could more than double their wages by going elsewhere. It's just a job for these guys.

In a few months Gylfi will be back in the majority of posters best ever Swans team

We are a fickle lot
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:44 - Aug 16 with 1687 viewsJoe_bradshaw

£45M is only a good deal to us supporters if the overwhelming majority of it is invested wisely with a clear game plan in mind.

Is it a good for the American "investors" or is it a good deal for us supporters?

Can it be a good deal for both?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:46 - Aug 16 with 1679 viewsSTID2017

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 09:55 - Aug 16 by Johnw102

All the talk about him saving us last season, think people are forgetting the one real legend who was called back into the team and made it happen.

LEON LEON LEON

It was a mixture of things that saved us last season.
Quite a few players made a massive contribution, but Siggy's and Llorente's were over and above.
Without their goals and assists we'd have been sunk, with all the best will in the world from Leon and co.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:49 - Aug 16 with 1667 viewsJackSomething

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:37 - Aug 16 by EasternJack

There's been lots of talk (not least from Res) about how selling Gylfi and Llorente will facilitate the move back towards our 'identity'. The January signings would seem to support that as Carroll, Olsson and Ayew all fit that style of football, being comfortable on the ball.

You would hope that the club have identified a Gylfi replacement who also fits the bill, I have my doubts that there is no better option out there than Chadli.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:05 - Aug 16 with 1622 viewsAngelRangelQS

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:44 - Aug 16 by Joe_bradshaw

£45M is only a good deal to us supporters if the overwhelming majority of it is invested wisely with a clear game plan in mind.

Is it a good for the American "investors" or is it a good deal for us supporters?

Can it be a good deal for both?

I suppose the "good deal for both" is that we keep some of that Siggy money to pay off any debt/towards stadium upgrades etc. (i.e. "sensible" spending that we'll potentially benefit from in years to come), then spend the rest on 2 or 3 players who do the job on the pitch So we stay in the PL (and keep getting the TV money). If in time, we can make a profit on at least one of those 3 players, then mores the better.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:07 - Aug 16 with 1617 viewsplasmarljack

Darren, Please don't get desperate on my account. I say it like it is my friend. I'm just as prepared to say f..k him as the rest of us but can't deny
he's been great for our club. As I said, He was no leader.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:22 - Aug 16 with 1577 viewsSPboy

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:21 - Aug 16 by raynor94

So one game in you are condemning us to struggle, before anyone has been brought in, let's at least wait until the window closes before writing the season off

Do you really see anything but a struggle ? I can't see it. We have somehow defied the odds on many occasions but they have stacked up massively with this too good to turn down bit of " good business ". I hope we can defy the odds, again

Do you have faith in the club replacing Siggy & improving the match day squad THIS season ? - I can't see it, again I hope I am wrong

Do I think getting the likes of Chadli and Bony on board will make us stronger ? No I don't see them improving what we had

15 days, the clock is ticking ...
Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:36 - Aug 16 with 1564 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:24 - Aug 16 by raynor94

But he didn't want to be here, and if it is £45 million, it's an excellent deal

Only if the money is spent wisely, if it could be a very bad deal indeed.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:37 - Aug 16 with 1562 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I agree with the OP, thanks for your past efforts Sigi and goodbye.

Obviously bound to score against us when we play Everton, especially at home.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:42 - Aug 16 with 1548 viewsplasjack

Will miss the Icelandic chant, au revoir.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:52 - Aug 16 with 1520 viewsTreforys_Jack

We are probably less than 50% successful in the transfer market bolstered largely by January's window. The wrong choices will see us relegated no doubt as the current squad will not keep us up imo.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:58 - Aug 16 with 1503 viewsSTID2017

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:52 - Aug 16 by Treforys_Jack

We are probably less than 50% successful in the transfer market bolstered largely by January's window. The wrong choices will see us relegated no doubt as the current squad will not keep us up imo.

When will you learn ?
We are a stronger team without Gylfi. We just need Llorente to go and we''ll be the Welsh Barca.
Don't you read anything that The Res posts mun ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 12:02 - Aug 16 with 1492 viewsTreforys_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:58 - Aug 16 by STID2017

When will you learn ?
We are a stronger team without Gylfi. We just need Llorente to go and we''ll be the Welsh Barca.
Don't you read anything that The Res posts mun ?

The res is alright mun just extremely single minded. Other opinions are available.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 12:13]
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 12:06 - Aug 16 with 1475 viewsMrSwerve

'The saga' isn't over yet for me. The money we have got for Gylfi is great, but will mean nothing unless a decent chunk of it is reinvested. We need 2/3 players at the minimum before the window closes.

The cynic in me says that we will bring in 1 player (Chadli?) and miss out on the other targets.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 12:20 - Aug 16 with 1450 viewsEasternJack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 12:06 - Aug 16 by MrSwerve

'The saga' isn't over yet for me. The money we have got for Gylfi is great, but will mean nothing unless a decent chunk of it is reinvested. We need 2/3 players at the minimum before the window closes.

The cynic in me says that we will bring in 1 player (Chadli?) and miss out on the other targets.

I hear you. Hopefully this is not the case or this place will go into meltdown.

Joey
Bony
Chadli
Wilshire

I think we will land 2 of those. 3 if we're lucky

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 12:55 - Aug 16 with 1403 viewsRobert

Gylfi Sigurdsson's Premier League record for Swansea:

124 games
256 chances created
34 goals
28 assists
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 13:27 - Aug 16 with 1358 viewsYossarian

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:19 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

Gylfi had feck all to do with us getting to the PL

No shit? And your point is.....oh, you don't have one. I've been watching the Swans since before you were born....obviously.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 13:29 - Aug 16 with 1354 viewsYossarian

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:28 - Aug 16 by Private_Partz

I would prefer young hungry players from abroad than ditto from our lower leagues. All that will do is bolster the u23 side. Alfie Mawson is a rarity.
Our success has been based on 26 yr olds who play in the top flights abroad.
The problem for me is I have serious doubts about Jenkins and the recruitment team finding that quality of even finding anyone regardless.

Fair point- Rangel, Bodde, etc played a massive part in the journey.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 13:30 - Aug 16 with 1350 viewsMrSwerve

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:22 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

His contribution to our survival was vital, but as a player, I'd not value him at £45 million. Everton obviously think he is, and that's all the matters.

Is Lukaku 'worth' £90 million?

That's the football market for you.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:08 - Aug 16 with 1299 viewsEasternJack

Keoman Press conference.

Siggy has passed his medical.

"I have seen him in blue but I don't know if all the paperwork is done,"

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:11 - Aug 16 with 1287 viewsCooperman

Don't burn your bridges chaps.

We'll be resigning him in July 2019 after is becomes clear that he can't cut it out wide on the Everton left. Huwbert will sanction a break of the £6m barrier (£5m will have been increased to £6m by then) and we'll shell out £12m for him. He'll then see out a full three year term before blissfully retiring on Gower.

We will all live happily ever after.
The end.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:14 - Aug 16 with 1280 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I'm not suprised he's gone we are a basket case of a club.

good luck Sig & thanks ,

may you fall flat on your face

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:19 - Aug 16 with 1268 viewspencoedjack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:08 - Aug 16 by EasternJack

Keoman Press conference.

Siggy has passed his medical.

"I have seen him in blue but I don't know if all the paperwork is done,"

Will he be doing that cringe-worthy video 'once your touched by Everton' that Ash done

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:31 - Aug 16 with 1250 viewsEasternJack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:11 - Aug 16 by Cooperman

Don't burn your bridges chaps.

We'll be resigning him in July 2019 after is becomes clear that he can't cut it out wide on the Everton left. Huwbert will sanction a break of the £6m barrier (£5m will have been increased to £6m by then) and we'll shell out £12m for him. He'll then see out a full three year term before blissfully retiring on Gower.

We will all live happily ever after.
The end.

Gower better get himself back in shape first

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024