Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days 05:53 - Aug 16 with 10707 viewsSPboy

Whatever anyone thinks about Siggy he has played his part in some of the best away days of recent years during his 2 spells with us.

Especially the away day goals that will always remain in my memory, some
of the best away days ever:

-Fulham away 0-3 masterclass, the most complete performance I have ever witnessed by a Swansea side
-Wigan away , kept us safe & condemned Wigan
-WBA away - goals in the snow & the orange jerseys
-Villa Park - what a free kick
-Old Trafford - first ever league win, set up Ki then scored the winning goal -
not the start Van Gaal was expecting
-Anfield - the winning goal & history our first league win
-Old Trafford free kick, vital draw last season

Probably many more, these are just the games that I went to that I can remember

Not to mention the goals at home especially v Arsenal, Villa ... never missed a penalty either
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:33 - Aug 17 with 1237 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:23 - Aug 17 by Oldjack

2-3 players to replace one ? How's that gonna work ? ffs he's a footballer , not a god
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 17:51]

Alan. Sense at last

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:40 - Aug 17 with 1232 viewsraynor94

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 16:54 - Aug 17 by SPboy

Curtis, Robbie & Leighton played for us a different era. They were all local boys so may be you are looking back with the rose tinted ones on. Siggy has been every bit as good as any of those over a longer period.

Michu was a one season wonder who wanted out as soon as Laudrup was axed.

Siggy is up there with our best ever and the transfer fee we got for him backs that up.

I cant wait to see us playing this new fast dynamic game without him with Carroll, Ayew, Fer, Mesa, banging them in and creating chances for Abrahams.

We need to recruit 2-3 players just to replace what Siggy gave us

Absolutely laughable, you were obviously not old enough to have seen that trinity, Gylfi was very good for us and we were good for him, but come on 2 or three to replace him!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:41 - Aug 17 with 1227 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:40 - Aug 17 by raynor94

Absolutely laughable, you were obviously not old enough to have seen that trinity, Gylfi was very good for us and we were good for him, but come on 2 or three to replace him!

I think he must be aged between ten and sixteen

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 20:21 - Aug 17 with 1179 viewsSPboy

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:16 - Aug 17 by Brynmill_Jack

So let me get this straight. Siggurdson has played for the Swans for 3 seasons and Robbie for 12 and Curtis for 10. But yet Siggurdson has played for us over a longer period?

No rose tinted specs from me. Robbie played up front, across the midfield and even qt full back in his latter years. He had a shot like a rapier , was a hard physical player who could tackle and could read the game superbly.

Michu may have been a one season wonder but had more impact than Gylfi in any of his three seasons here.

And by the way, he's been itching to leave since he got it into his hread that he was a top four player. Which he most certainly isn't.

As a matter of interest, were you born at the time when Robbie and Curtis playyed for us? Did you ever see them in their heyday?

You forgotten how long Toshack's team played at the top level ?
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 20:28 - Aug 17 with 1168 viewsSTID2017

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 19:43 - Aug 16 by londonlisa2001

With respect, you can only possibly say that if you've been watching the Swans for a relatively short time as he is genuinely nowhere near the quality of players like Robbie or Curtis or Leighton. Nowhere near.

I personally don't think he is anywhere near the player that Michu was.

The older generation would say that none of them could ever get near Ivor, or Cliffy.

I agree that he's been a great player for us by the way. I also think £45m for him is good business for a club of our size, with the proviso that we spend it rather than keep it.

Curtis has always been my favourite player of all time and IMO he'd have walked into any First DIvision team of his era.
As much I really enjoyed watching Gylfi and personally I wish he hadn't gone, I don't feel the same is true of him. To say he needs three players replacing him is crazy.
We need players in a few different positions to improve the squad, one of which should be a replacement for Siggy

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 20:30 - Aug 17 with 1165 viewsraynor94

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 20:21 - Aug 17 by SPboy

What, you think Curt and Robbie only played for the Swans in the first division

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 00:11 - Aug 18 with 1119 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 20:21 - Aug 17 by SPboy

Nope. I was there watching it.

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 00:12 - Aug 18 with 1115 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 20:30 - Aug 17 by raynor94

What, you think Curt and Robbie only played for the Swans in the first division

Or didn't play for any other clubs at the top level

Both played for seven seasons each at the top level.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 0:17]

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:31 - Aug 18 with 1062 viewsSPboy

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 00:12 - Aug 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Or didn't play for any other clubs at the top level

Both played for seven seasons each at the top level.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 0:17]

But only 2 seasons at the top level for the Swans. One of those a hopeless relegation season - age affecting your memory ?

Sigurdsson has had 6 already and a contract for a few more seasons yet in a much more competitive era
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:42 - Aug 18 with 1046 viewsraynor94

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:31 - Aug 18 by SPboy

But only 2 seasons at the top level for the Swans. One of those a hopeless relegation season - age affecting your memory ?

Sigurdsson has had 6 already and a contract for a few more seasons yet in a much more competitive era

Did you actually see Curt and Robbie in their prime?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:43 - Aug 18 with 1000 viewsSPboy

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 11:42 - Aug 18 by raynor94

Did you actually see Curt and Robbie in their prime?

Indeed I did sir. From the 4th to the 1st and back again. I can remember being devastated when Curtis left us for Leeds. Just the same as I feel gutted that a player has left us now due to the lack of ambition shown by the club.

I think we were promoted without Curt to Div 1. Will we survive without our latest sale? The manager says we need 2-3 players. Will we get them?

As I said I can't wait to see us play this new fast dynamic game with all of our midfielders chipping with goals & assists ... but I will not be holding my breath
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:54 - Aug 18 with 993 viewsraynor94

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:43 - Aug 18 by SPboy

Indeed I did sir. From the 4th to the 1st and back again. I can remember being devastated when Curtis left us for Leeds. Just the same as I feel gutted that a player has left us now due to the lack of ambition shown by the club.

I think we were promoted without Curt to Div 1. Will we survive without our latest sale? The manager says we need 2-3 players. Will we get them?

As I said I can't wait to see us play this new fast dynamic game with all of our midfielders chipping with goals & assists ... but I will not be holding my breath

In fairness, I don't think this is a lack of ambition by the club, Gylfi has had a massive pay rise, and will be playing in Europe, and also in a new 50.000 stadium, we just can't compete with them.

He was good for us, but we were good for him, and also this is the second time he has snubbed us

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 19:25 - Aug 18 with 964 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:43 - Aug 18 by SPboy

You don't remember the 2012-2013 season then when we not only won the league cup but had goals coming from midfield by the bucket load? And not a Gylfi in sight.

And Raynor is right. This is the second time he's f*cked off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024