Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea 11:54 - Aug 16 with 6939 viewsowainglyndwr

I know we have a lot of Swans support in Cardiff and surrounding areas, mostly due to the fact that people from West Wales etc have moved into cardiff for work.
What I cannot understand is why someone from Neath or Port Talbot or even Gorseinon would support them.
So is it a old rugby tribal thing where their fathers and Grand Father's were AntI Swansea and past on through the family
I know with the Steel works years ago that a lot of English and Irish moved in and supported a very English cardiff rather than a Welsh Swansea and West Wales within the works.
This is from the opening of the steel works
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:33 - Aug 16 with 6878 viewsUppa_Swans

Who in Gorseinon supports Cardiff?!
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 6863 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:33 - Aug 16 by Uppa_Swans

There are one or 2.
I am not naming someone but he has a Blueturd Tattoo
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:50 - Aug 16 with 6837 viewsAguycalledJack

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:38 - Aug 16 by owainglyndwr

There are one or 2.
I am not naming someone but he has a Blueturd Tattoo

I know of 3.

all related.
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 13:09 - Aug 16 with 6795 viewsGowerjack

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:50 - Aug 16 by AguycalledJack

I know of 3.

all related.

Shallow gene pool...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 13:09 - Aug 16 with 6793 viewsawayjack

I've spent a lot of time in Cardiff in recent years as a couple of family members moved there. To be honest aside from minor issue valley boys, found locals OK. I was surprised how many actually wanted us to stay in PL for good of Welsh football etc.. Family members wear swans stuff around the City without any issues. Having said that they are big lads and do MMA stuff, so perhaps usual story Cardiff lads only start with soft targets. Or maybe it's the next generation see rivalry as OK versus the toxic and violent history.
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 13:25 - Aug 16 with 6753 viewsYossarian

Pointless post.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 13:45 - Aug 16 with 6715 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 13:25 - Aug 16 by Yossarian

Pointless post.

What's so pointless that you needed to reply
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 19:11 - Aug 16 with 6462 viewsbyron

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 13:09 - Aug 16 by awayjack

I've spent a lot of time in Cardiff in recent years as a couple of family members moved there. To be honest aside from minor issue valley boys, found locals OK. I was surprised how many actually wanted us to stay in PL for good of Welsh football etc.. Family members wear swans stuff around the City without any issues. Having said that they are big lads and do MMA stuff, so perhaps usual story Cardiff lads only start with soft targets. Or maybe it's the next generation see rivalry as OK versus the toxic and violent history.

Lived in Cardiff for 25 years or more got plenty of mates here who follow all sorts but mainly Cardiff. Things have changed a lot in that time including there support base which is now normal folk just like us and other clubs, when I first got here it was keep your head down big time.
Most have never gone on about the swans much to be honest less we are in the same league and wish me well.....

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 19:44 - Aug 16 with 6402 viewsAl_Bundy

The Steel and dock industry going back to the sixties is the reason Neath and Port Talbot have a Cardiff footprint. Shedloads of them moved to the area for work and since settled passing down their allegiances down their families through the decades.

The 70's and 80's they has a large support in Port Talbot. I remember seeing loads of them on Port Talbot station going to Cardiff to matches.

Not sure whether it still applies in 2017.
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 22:01 - Aug 16 with 6267 viewsBigPhilG

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:33 - Aug 16 by Uppa_Swans

No one. Gorseinon and everywhere around it are Swans strongholds
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 22:28 - Aug 16 with 6234 viewsYossarian

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 13:25 - Aug 16 by Yossarian

Pointless post.

I was trying to be kind to you. Never mind.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 22:33 - Aug 16 with 6222 viewsLoyal

A few in Port Talbot are mainly bald and over 50.
Irrelevant.
Get over to Barry, Llantwit, Merthyr etc. Oozing young swans fans. East of Cardiff huge Swans support.
They'll never be blue.
Same question posed in 20 years time and the only answer why most of Wales follows the swans ?
Success !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 22:56 - Aug 16 with 6177 viewsSwanjaxs

Used to work in Holyhead a few years ago, the scum had a bunch of neanderthals following them, about 15 in total, proper nasty lot they were too... would often seek us out (only 3 of us) and offer us a square go! Wonder if they're still going?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 23:22 - Aug 16 with 6141 viewsawayjack

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 22:28 - Aug 16 by Yossarian

I was trying to be kind to you. Never mind.

Why are you replying to your own posts? Pointless.
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 18:11 - Aug 17 with 5994 viewsbyron

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 22:33 - Aug 16 by Loyal

A few in Port Talbot are mainly bald and over 50.
Irrelevant.
Get over to Barry, Llantwit, Merthyr etc. Oozing young swans fans. East of Cardiff huge Swans support.
They'll never be blue.
Same question posed in 20 years time and the only answer why most of Wales follows the swans ?
Success !

I know some of the port talbot ones, they are not all old at all, quite a few have kids who follow them. Never met any jacks from towns around Cardiff, one or 2 from Barry and the odd one from Caerphilly. Not sure about east of Cardiff, they have lots if support in Newport/Cwmbran etc. I'm not sure if we do. It's all bollocks anyway, if we go down they will all disappear these mythical new fans.....

Benny

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 00:13 - Aug 18 with 5853 viewsLoyal

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 18:11 - Aug 17 by byron

I know some of the port talbot ones, they are not all old at all, quite a few have kids who follow them. Never met any jacks from towns around Cardiff, one or 2 from Barry and the odd one from Caerphilly. Not sure about east of Cardiff, they have lots if support in Newport/Cwmbran etc. I'm not sure if we do. It's all bollocks anyway, if we go down they will all disappear these mythical new fans.....

That's the old days your on about mun, the last seven years has seen a huge change in the demographic. Bullying a few of your kids is not going to help them either.
East of Cardiff is ours.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 11:34 - Aug 18 with 5770 viewsUppa_Swans

I've said elsewhere that people think Cardiff's support stretches far because many of their headers come from Port Talbot (few from Neath, not much anymore). The majority of their support within the city of Cardiff are scarfers. We're the opposite. All our headers are from the city but people from Neath, PT, Aberdare and out West are overlooked as they're the quieter ones.
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 15:07 - Aug 18 with 5702 viewsbyron

My wife's 2 bothers live in Cwmbran and Monmouth and they don't know of any jacks fans of note, the odd one or 2 but I'm afraid that's it loyal.....a few kids who follow Man Utd or Liverpool and Swansea on match of the day don't really count.....

Benny

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 21:04 - Aug 18 with 5599 viewsBigPhilG

Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 11:34 - Aug 18 by Uppa_Swans

I've said elsewhere that people think Cardiff's support stretches far because many of their headers come from Port Talbot (few from Neath, not much anymore). The majority of their support within the city of Cardiff are scarfers. We're the opposite. All our headers are from the city but people from Neath, PT, Aberdare and out West are overlooked as they're the quieter ones.

It was a bus load on a jolly from Gorseinon that gave Cardiff fans a pasting at the races a few years ago, pretty sure it was Gorseinon rugby club and they shoved Leigh Halfpenny on the bus out of the way of it
Cardiff supporters or Anti Swansea on 12:54 - Aug 20 with 5447 viewsbyron

That group at the races were some of cardiffs main crew, to be fair they had a go against a rugby team and in the end it was our lot who had to back off despite people on both sides being knocked out. It's the valleys lot that are the main scarfers, I know as come in to contact with them in my trade all the time. There main firm was from the city, mainly the docks, grangetiown, Canton and the big estates.

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024