Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
102 People out of work 17:15 - Aug 16 with 1279 viewsmax936

due to Contract Services pulling the plug, I was told today, anyone heard the same ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

102 People out of work on 18:01 - Aug 16 with 1196 viewsNeath_Jack

You were told you lost your job there? It was on the news yesterday about it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

102 People out of work on 18:10 - Aug 16 with 1175 viewsmax936

102 People out of work on 18:01 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

You were told you lost your job there? It was on the news yesterday about it.

No not me, I've never worked for them, I was told by someone who has worked for them.

I didn't see the news to be honest I try my best to avoid most of it, was up the garden after work yday trying to level up a concrete slab ready for a new shed fing nightmare and ongoing they're arriving with the shed on the 29th and I'm away for a week come Saturday

102 People out of work on 18:22 - Aug 16 with 1147 viewsNeath_Jack

102 People out of work on 18:10 - Aug 16 by max936

No not me, I've never worked for them, I was told by someone who has worked for them.

I didn't see the news to be honest I try my best to avoid most of it, was up the garden after work yday trying to level up a concrete slab ready for a new shed fing nightmare and ongoing they're arriving with the shed on the 29th and I'm away for a week come Saturday

Yeah it was on the news last night and in the post today. Don't know much about them to be honest, shit times for those employed there though.

I'm sure Darran will go up there and supervise the delivery for you

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

102 People out of work on 19:51 - Aug 16 with 1036 viewsmax936

102 People out of work on 18:22 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

Yeah it was on the news last night and in the post today. Don't know much about them to be honest, shit times for those employed there though.

I'm sure Darran will go up there and supervise the delivery for you

Yep doesn't seem to be a lot of work around either, not round here anyway, my Nephew just called down to give me advise on it and he's flat out with work all up in Cardiff.

I'm home in time for the shed delivery just struggling for time to prepare for it even after spending fecking hours on it, this weather ain't helping.

102 People out of work on 20:16 - Aug 16 with 993 viewsBanosswan

102 People out of work on 19:51 - Aug 16 by max936

Yep doesn't seem to be a lot of work around either, not round here anyway, my Nephew just called down to give me advise on it and he's flat out with work all up in Cardiff.

I'm home in time for the shed delivery just struggling for time to prepare for it even after spending fecking hours on it, this weather ain't helping.

Darran can bring some lovely plant cuttings to help you decorate/demolish it if you like.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

102 People out of work on 20:47 - Aug 16 with 934 viewsmax936

102 People out of work on 20:16 - Aug 16 by Banosswan

Darran can bring some lovely plant cuttings to help you decorate/demolish it if you like.

I hate gardening, I'm slowly but surely eliminating all the grass

102 People out of work on 21:29 - Aug 16 with 886 viewsPacemaker

102 People out of work on 20:47 - Aug 16 by max936

I hate gardening, I'm slowly but surely eliminating all the grass

Bit of a sad story with Contract services Max the owner died relatively young a few years back from cancer. Really nice guy and good worker. They lost a few contracts and that was it.

Tough for the guys involved a lot of boys in Baglan were employed by them.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

102 People out of work on 22:13 - Aug 16 with 816 viewsmax936

102 People out of work on 21:29 - Aug 16 by Pacemaker

Bit of a sad story with Contract services Max the owner died relatively young a few years back from cancer. Really nice guy and good worker. They lost a few contracts and that was it.

Tough for the guys involved a lot of boys in Baglan were employed by them.

Saw one of their vans in Vernon St safternoon, seen it there before as well so perhaps they're just keeping a small team going for now at least.

I was told that most of their work was for Gwalia Housing etc and whereas Contract Services always did their work, Gwalia had decided to invite Tenders for their work, so maybe Contract Services have missed out, how true that is I don't know though.

Login to get fewer ads

102 People out of work on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 812 viewspremierjack

The news coverage didn't tell the full story. 102 were made redundant but there was over 50 more that left in the last couple of weeks because they hadn't been paid and could see the way it was going.

They had loads of work on, multi million pound contracts, the office staff, managers, directors were all over paid and did a terrible job.

The owner knew for a month what day he was closing his doors but pretended it was all ok to make sure he had everyone working for nothing until the end. They owe a small fortune in unpaid wages and even more to wholesalers where they have been on stop for the last 12 months on and off! They owe small companies tens of thousands of pounds which will probability put them out if buisiness too but the people at the top didn't care about anyone asking as they got their wages.

Most of the tradesmen I know that worked there are straight back into work, hopefully they will be able to claim their wages back.

As for the owner and all the overpaid office staff that destroyed a company with an annual turnover of over 10 million... fuk them!!!
102 People out of work on 22:31 - Aug 16 with 791 viewsmax936

102 People out of work on 22:14 - Aug 16 by premierjack

The news coverage didn't tell the full story. 102 were made redundant but there was over 50 more that left in the last couple of weeks because they hadn't been paid and could see the way it was going.

They had loads of work on, multi million pound contracts, the office staff, managers, directors were all over paid and did a terrible job.

The owner knew for a month what day he was closing his doors but pretended it was all ok to make sure he had everyone working for nothing until the end. They owe a small fortune in unpaid wages and even more to wholesalers where they have been on stop for the last 12 months on and off! They owe small companies tens of thousands of pounds which will probability put them out if buisiness too but the people at the top didn't care about anyone asking as they got their wages.

Most of the tradesmen I know that worked there are straight back into work, hopefully they will be able to claim their wages back.

As for the owner and all the overpaid office staff that destroyed a company with an annual turnover of over 10 million... fuk them!!!

That's awful, I applied for a job with them about this time last year after I finished in Steel Works [worked for a contractor] but I never had a reply, I'm notsure if they had vacancies at the time though I was just trying my luck, I had a few rumours about how they treated their staff, but you can't go on hearsay.

102 People out of work on 08:09 - Aug 17 with 670 viewspremierjack

I was there for a good few years and could write a book on it! If you were young or quiet, it was their way or no way. There was a high turnover of staff, if you questioned something you would be move to price work and put on terrible jobs so you couldn't make any money and quit.

We always believed that the owner didn't know about any of it but in the last 12 months he was told but chose to ignore it and look what's happened. He was always in social media bragging about awards and contracts when the truth was that his workers were owed a months pay.

The final thing for me was when all the boys didn't get paid at the end of the month, the office staff did and while we were worrying about how to pay our bills the directors and mangers had an all expenses night out and slap up meal in the celtic manor.

Everyone is still owed money now but it's the national insurance fund that will pay us so the owner doesn't lose anything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024