Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy 07:28 - Aug 17 with 3456 viewsSTID2017

Kevin Radcliffe thinks he's a brilliant signing for Everton, but a massive loss for Swansea.
Ian Walsh thinks he is "Irreplaceable"
Meanwhile The Res maintains he is / was a waste of a shirt and is dreaming of the day when Llorente goes as well so his plan to see Swans become a great team again really starts taking shape.
You just can't make it up.
It's great having a solid defence that can come through in a backs to the wall performance.
However our major single creative outlet has left and needs replacing urgently, otherwise goals for will be as rare as hen's teeth this season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 07:56 - Aug 17 with 2582 viewsDr_Winston

Kevin Ratcliffe remains the only manager to have relegated two sides out of the football league. Any opinion he expresses about football should be taken with the appropriate caution.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:13 - Aug 17 with 2501 viewsSmellyplumz

Siggy stats speak for them selves, massive loss.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:22 - Aug 17 with 2448 viewsraynor94

Kevin Radcliffe? A dyed in the wool Evertonian, I am shocked, and Walsh for a former player surprisingly doesn't have a lot of good things to say about us.

He's gone, time to move on, let's at least wait ad see who comes in before we write the season off!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:25 - Aug 17 with 2428 viewsItchySphincter

F*cking hell, players move all the time! I know what it means to love the club but the emotional attachment that some grown men form with club employees is bewildering.

No guarantees but sense says that we have to use the windfall actually to get better.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:26 - Aug 17 with 2418 viewsEasternJack

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:22 - Aug 17 by raynor94

Kevin Radcliffe? A dyed in the wool Evertonian, I am shocked, and Walsh for a former player surprisingly doesn't have a lot of good things to say about us.

He's gone, time to move on, let's at least wait ad see who comes in before we write the season off!

Kevin ratcliffe. The Welsh Paul Merson.

Interestingly, we messed up his managerial career as well.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:28 - Aug 17 with 2394 viewsSwanzay

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 07:56 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Kevin Ratcliffe remains the only manager to have relegated two sides out of the football league. Any opinion he expresses about football should be taken with the appropriate caution.

The crazy thing is that BBC Wales always pay these guys for sound bites and then dress it up as news.....
Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:37 - Aug 17 with 2345 viewsraynor94

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:28 - Aug 17 by Swanzay

The crazy thing is that BBC Wales always pay these guys for sound bites and then dress it up as news.....

Exactly, for some strange reason BBC Wales never tire in trying to bring us down

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:45 - Aug 17 with 2284 viewscostalotta

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:37 - Aug 17 by raynor94

Exactly, for some strange reason BBC Wales never tire in trying to bring us down

You don't still watch that channel and the dross it shoves out? Personally I gave up on all Welsh media a long time ago. It's irrelevant these days, it's a waste of public money, it's an embarrassment to Wales and soundly ignored by most people I know.
Login to get fewer ads

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:52 - Aug 17 with 2243 viewsvetchonian

And so Koeman is barking mad too then? Did you hear his interview yesterday?
Funny how Everton are more than happy to make this player a record signing!
We each all have opinions.
Koeman discussed in his interview abiut repalacing Lukakus goals....how are we going to replace those of Gylfi plus his assists?
Lots has been said on here re how the goals will come form the team as a result of losing this player who is causing us so many problems in our game...the real issue is we will not replace it with the same quality that is departing....and when we start to look at the team where do people see the goals. Tammy is unoriven at this level...Ayew though impresseive at times hardly set the world alight at Villa,Routs is Routs.
But the main gist of this OP is funny how this player is "crap" but yet those "professionals" think otherwise

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:00 - Aug 17 with 2192 viewsraynor94

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:52 - Aug 17 by vetchonian

Koeman discussed in his interview abiut repalacing Lukakus goals....how are we going to replace those of Gylfi plus his assists?
Lots has been said on here re how the goals will come form the team as a result of losing this player who is causing us so many problems in our game...the real issue is we will not replace it with the same quality that is departing....and when we start to look at the team where do people see the goals. Tammy is unoriven at this level...Ayew though impresseive at times hardly set the world alight at Villa,Routs is Routs.
But the main gist of this OP is funny how this player is "crap" but yet those "professionals" think otherwise

As you say we all have opinions, and Gylfi is a good player who did well for us, but only two teams came in for him, none of the big six were remotely interested, I sincerely hope he does well there, except against us

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:01 - Aug 17 with 2181 viewsNeath_Jack

Another car crash of a thread in the making

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:17 - Aug 17 with 2085 viewsSTID2017

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:01 - Aug 17 by Neath_Jack

Another car crash of a thread in the making

Hardly a car crash Neathie.
Seems you do like to have a pop at me on here after all.
All I have said, as many others have on this forum, is that I fully appreciate the massive contribution Siggy has made to our club, I wish him the best for the future, many people who have played football at the top level (including the two I cited) view him as a great signing for Everton and a massive loss for us.
Even in these days of ridiculous transfer fee, the amount of money paid for him shows the faith Everton have in him.
I also stated (based on our only performance so far this season) that the defence seems fairly tight (although I feel there are far sterner tests ahead) but we need to find a creative force to replace Siggy.
Instead of just coming back with a one liner, please tell me what from all that is
incorrect ?
For example where do you see the 25 + goals coming from that Siggy scored or created last season ?

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:22 - Aug 17 with 2061 viewsraynor94

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:17 - Aug 17 by STID2017

All I have said, as many others have on this forum, is that I fully appreciate the massive contribution Siggy has made to our club, I wish him the best for the future, many people who have played football at the top level (including the two I cited) view him as a great signing for Everton and a massive loss for us.
Even in these days of ridiculous transfer fee, the amount of money paid for him shows the faith Everton have in him.
I also stated (based on our only performance so far this season) that the defence seems fairly tight (although I feel there are far sterner tests ahead) but we need to find a creative force to replace Siggy.
Instead of just coming back with a one liner, please tell me what from all that is
incorrect ?
For example where do you see the 25 + goals coming from that Siggy scored or created last season ?

At least wait until the window closes, all I hope is we are not going to get pining for Gylfi posts throughout the season

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:25 - Aug 17 with 2049 viewslifelong

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:45 - Aug 17 by costalotta

You don't still watch that channel and the dross it shoves out? Personally I gave up on all Welsh media a long time ago. It's irrelevant these days, it's a waste of public money, it's an embarrassment to Wales and soundly ignored by most people I know.

Agree, so bias it has become unwatchable, even Derek the weatherman can't give a forecast without mentioning Cardiff as being the capital.
Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:40 - Aug 17 with 1962 viewsE20Jack

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 08:52 - Aug 17 by vetchonian

A team like Everton is exactly who should be buying someone like Siggy. They have bigger players than him so wont be tempted to play everything through him.

He most certainly will score less and assist less than he did for us last season. Does that mean he has gone worse? Of course not. He just won't be the focal point of attscks for them.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:43 - Aug 17 with 1940 viewsSTID2017

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:22 - Aug 17 by raynor94

At least wait until the window closes, all I hope is we are not going to get pining for Gylfi posts throughout the season

No player is bigger than the club, we've had "heroes" before, none bigger probably than Curt or Ivor, the club has survived in the long run (with quite a few bumps along the way)
Same with Gylfi, and every other player who has been a success for us.
It's nice to look back whether it's to last season or the 1970's and remember the enjoyment past players have given us.
The most important thing now is that we replace Gylfi with players who give us goals and flair to build on what we (eventually) achieved last season.
I'm not "pining" for Gylfi, any more than I wish we had Michu or any of the others in the team today.
It's up to the class of 2017 - 18 to make this a great season and it's up to the board to get behind PC and his coaches to give them the tools to do it.

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:44 - Aug 17 with 1930 viewsjohnlangy

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:25 - Aug 17 by lifelong

Agree, so bias it has become unwatchable, even Derek the weatherman can't give a forecast without mentioning Cardiff as being the capital.

Cringeworthy.
Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:45 - Aug 17 with 1927 viewsEasternJack

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:17 - Aug 17 by STID2017

incorrect ?

Don't disagree with the opinion. Just the chosen sources.

You went Kevin Ratcliffe. You never go full Ratcliffe.

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:48 - Aug 17 with 1910 viewsSTID2017

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:45 - Aug 17 by EasternJack

Don't disagree with the opinion. Just the chosen sources.

You went Kevin Ratcliffe. You never go full Ratcliffe.

Probably not the best source, true.

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:58 - Aug 17 with 1843 viewsJango

Get over him mun. Stats don't lie but don't always tell the full story. there's not many teams where one player hogs every single free kick, corner and penalty. He certainly won't get that at Everton with the likes of Rooney and baines. Time will tell but I highly doubt he'll get anywhere near the same stats at Everton
Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 11:13 - Aug 17 with 1551 viewsJackSkellington

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:58 - Aug 17 by Jango

Get over him mun. Stats don't lie but don't always tell the full story. there's not many teams where one player hogs every single free kick, corner and penalty. He certainly won't get that at Everton with the likes of Rooney and baines. Time will tell but I highly doubt he'll get anywhere near the same stats at Everton

We rarely ever scored from his corners. Did puzzle me slightly how he could be so accurate and dangerous with free kicks yet his corners were so uninspiring.
Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 11:38 - Aug 17 with 1475 viewsjojaca

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 11:13 - Aug 17 by JackSkellington

We rarely ever scored from his corners. Did puzzle me slightly how he could be so accurate and dangerous with free kicks yet his corners were so uninspiring.

Were you watching the same corners as me last season, it was the first time in my thirty years in watching the Swans that we looked dangerous from every set piece.

Even when you know, you never know?

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 11:53 - Aug 17 with 1445 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Not sure I would call Radcliffe or Walsh football experts. Neither of them have any involvement with football clubs and have ended up with Radio Wales.
Radcliffe has always been ant Swansea.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 12:11 - Aug 17 with 1393 viewsEasternJack

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 11:53 - Aug 17 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure I would call Radcliffe or Walsh football experts. Neither of them have any involvement with football clubs and have ended up with Radio Wales.
Radcliffe has always been ant Swansea.

He's still sore after that playoff semis spanking we gave him.

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 13:43 - Aug 17 with 1216 viewsdickythorpe

Funny What Real Footballers Think About Siggy on 09:43 - Aug 17 by STID2017

No player is bigger than the club, we've had "heroes" before, none bigger probably than Curt or Ivor, the club has survived in the long run (with quite a few bumps along the way)
Same with Gylfi, and every other player who has been a success for us.
It's nice to look back whether it's to last season or the 1970's and remember the enjoyment past players have given us.
The most important thing now is that we replace Gylfi with players who give us goals and flair to build on what we (eventually) achieved last season.
I'm not "pining" for Gylfi, any more than I wish we had Michu or any of the others in the team today.
It's up to the class of 2017 - 18 to make this a great season and it's up to the board to get behind PC and his coaches to give them the tools to do it.

Great post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024