Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour 12:44 - Aug 17 with 5666 viewsCopperJack

Their continuous neglect is putting people out of work

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/award-winning-restaurant-closes-sud

Funny how they manage to get enough money to spend £20m pa on maintaining Cardiff Bay, and the hundreds of millions they found for Callaghan Sq isn't it?

Honestly, some people would vote for this contemptible bunch even if they personally evicted them from their home. Thatcherism to its very core. Centralise wealth in the capital. Close healthcare facilities in other towns to relocate to capital. Unless you live in the capital, your health and wellbeing means f*ck all.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 14:08 - Aug 17 with 5576 viewsMeraki

This was a nice place, there seems to be a lot of businesses and restaurants doing well in SA1 though, so not sure whats happened here.
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 19:34 - Aug 17 with 5408 viewsjack2jack

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 14:08 - Aug 17 by Meraki

This was a nice place, there seems to be a lot of businesses and restaurants doing well in SA1 though, so not sure whats happened here.

It is sad as it was a nice place,the missus went there a lot,and spoke to the owner regularly,nice fella.Swansea and it businesses are crying out for help,sadly it's falling on deaf ears.
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 5317 viewsAguycalledJack

Personally I didn't think it was up to scratch, hence the reason it failed.
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 23:03 - Aug 17 with 5308 viewsMillJack

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 22:55 - Aug 17 by AguycalledJack

Personally I didn't think it was up to scratch, hence the reason it failed.

Sadly I have to agree with this.

It was, in all honesty, more of an expensive cafe than a restaurant. Sometimes you need to adapt to your environment as opposed to complaining that things aren't how you want them to be.

They had one of Swansea's largest employers directly opposite them, as well as a huge amount of other business and commercial properties but they n very once adapted their lunch menu to bring people through the door on a regular basis. Charging £6 for a jacket potato + filling isn't great business sense in a place like Swansea!
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 23:05 - Aug 17 with 5296 viewsDarran

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 23:03 - Aug 17 by MillJack

Sadly I have to agree with this.

It was, in all honesty, more of an expensive cafe than a restaurant. Sometimes you need to adapt to your environment as opposed to complaining that things aren't how you want them to be.

They had one of Swansea's largest employers directly opposite them, as well as a huge amount of other business and commercial properties but they n very once adapted their lunch menu to bring people through the door on a regular basis. Charging £6 for a jacket potato + filling isn't great business sense in a place like Swansea!

Cooked breakfast was steep and wasn't worth it in there either.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 23:10 - Aug 17 with 5292 viewsAguycalledJack

All people want when they go out for lunch or a meal is good food and value for money, which unfortunately, was not the case with this establishment.
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 23:56 - Aug 17 with 5267 viewsMeraki

That 360 cafe is a ripoff - went in there with my mate the other day I paid something like £7.50 for jacket potato and a teaspoon of cheap beans!

Think my mate payed £8 odd for a fvcking fish finger sandwich!

On top of that its a pay and display car park!!
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 12:51 - Aug 18 with 5135 viewsAguycalledJack

I've learnt that in many places you are paying for the environment and the surroundings of the place rather than the quality of food.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 13:23 - Aug 18 with 5108 viewsraynor94

Charging restaurant prices on cafe food

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 14:02 - Aug 18 with 5071 viewsswanforthemoney

We used to go in the evenings. We had some good meals their, but have to admit to not going recently. The place didnt seem to kick-on from its initial success.

I stand in the North Stand

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:35 - Aug 21 with 4867 viewsfelixstowe_jack

(t would have helped if people were allowed to park on Kings Road after 6pm and at weekends. It is a wide road with very little traffic as it is a cul de sac.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:49 - Aug 21 with 4847 viewsNogginthenog

I don't think it was value for money either, Oh and parking on SA1 is far too expensive, I don't think Swansea Council want tourism.

The lack of development and provision of eateries and cafes along the sea front begggars belief, this bay of ours is a jewel and could be a South wales Torquay with the right investment.
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:55 - Aug 21 with 4839 viewsMeraki

Hope they don't ruin the bay with restaurants and hotels.
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:58 - Aug 21 with 4834 viewsjack2jack

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:55 - Aug 21 by Meraki

Hope they don't ruin the bay with restaurants and hotels.

Innit we'd have bloody tourist spending money and improving the local economy
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:59 - Aug 21 with 4832 viewsYossarian

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:35 - Aug 21 by felixstowe_jack

(t would have helped if people were allowed to park on Kings Road after 6pm and at weekends. It is a wide road with very little traffic as it is a cul de sac.

Swansea Council recently objected to plans submitted to build a 500 room student residence for Trinity St David's at the junction of Fabian Way and Kings Road. However, this objection was over-ruled by the WAG as Trinity St Davids has bought huge chunks of land opposite the South Quay and Altima flats. This is going to be used to build a library and academic buildings( all under construction). Effectively this will make Kings Road a main thoroughfare for students and the area where this place was, and La Parilla etc will become part of student land. This isn't what SA1 was envisaged for. I bet the business community aren't too happy about it. People will inevitably choose to go out for a meal and drinks in the new development in the Mumbles and the SA1 area will eventually cater for students drinking cheap bottled bladder wash (weak lager) and alcopops. The openers of the venues are all renting businesses and will move elsewhere. Feel sorry for the fledgling business community that the City needed to prosper. It's effectively going to be strangled- by students, hence the bitterness of the owners who claimed they were given promises that weren't kept. For those of you who liked the SA1 social scene- enjoy it while it lasts, coz it's not going to be around for very much longer methinks.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 19:06 - Aug 21 with 4820 viewsjack2jack

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:59 - Aug 21 by Yossarian

Swansea Council recently objected to plans submitted to build a 500 room student residence for Trinity St David's at the junction of Fabian Way and Kings Road. However, this objection was over-ruled by the WAG as Trinity St Davids has bought huge chunks of land opposite the South Quay and Altima flats. This is going to be used to build a library and academic buildings( all under construction). Effectively this will make Kings Road a main thoroughfare for students and the area where this place was, and La Parilla etc will become part of student land. This isn't what SA1 was envisaged for. I bet the business community aren't too happy about it. People will inevitably choose to go out for a meal and drinks in the new development in the Mumbles and the SA1 area will eventually cater for students drinking cheap bottled bladder wash (weak lager) and alcopops. The openers of the venues are all renting businesses and will move elsewhere. Feel sorry for the fledgling business community that the City needed to prosper. It's effectively going to be strangled- by students, hence the bitterness of the owners who claimed they were given promises that weren't kept. For those of you who liked the SA1 social scene- enjoy it while it lasts, coz it's not going to be around for very much longer methinks.

Spot on Yoss
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 19:36 - Aug 21 with 4789 viewsSlugster664

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:49 - Aug 21 by Nogginthenog

I don't think it was value for money either, Oh and parking on SA1 is far too expensive, I don't think Swansea Council want tourism.

The lack of development and provision of eateries and cafes along the sea front begggars belief, this bay of ours is a jewel and could be a South wales Torquay with the right investment.

The parking 'companies' were put in place by the WAG...I had quite a few tickets whilst living there and was informed of this whilst appealing said tickets

STID

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 19:38 - Aug 21 with 4786 viewsDr_Winston

You look at the developments on Bristol's harbourside and SA1 looks like a massively missed opportunity in comparison.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 14:28 - Aug 22 with 4638 viewsCopperJack

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 18:59 - Aug 21 by Yossarian

Exactly. They promised they'd turn the area into a business district. They promised to spend £17m to create a second marina. Funnily enough, they spent that money, wonder where?

Amazing they find money to always fund new ventures in Cardiff. Had it become the up-market area they originally promised, then Cafe TwoCann would've survived. SA1 has been such a wasted opportunity, if only we had a government that didn't take an active part in watching the city flounder.

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 15:48 - Aug 22 with 4597 viewsnice_to_michu

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 14:28 - Aug 22 by CopperJack

Exactly. They promised they'd turn the area into a business district. They promised to spend £17m to create a second marina. Funnily enough, they spent that money, wonder where?

Amazing they find money to always fund new ventures in Cardiff. Had it become the up-market area they originally promised, then Cafe TwoCann would've survived. SA1 has been such a wasted opportunity, if only we had a government that didn't take an active part in watching the city flounder.

1. There are many businesses next to Cafe Two Can that are doing well. A new Chinese place opened there a few months ago and is getting rave reviews. But I suppose they are stupid to have moved to the area if Cafe Two Can couldn't succeed?

2. Lots of people have said that they used to like Cafe Two Can in previous years, but it simply wasn't up to scratch in the last few years. Given that the marina development you constantly reference has never actually been there, how is the lack of it got anything to do with the fact that cafe's popularity decreased over time? There is an Italian cafe a stone's throw away which is constantly busy, too.

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to minimize the efforts of whoever owned Cafe Two Can, running a small business like that would be tough regardless of the circumstances. But, on this occasion, I don't think you're seeing the whole story.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 16:15]
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 15:52 - Aug 22 with 4585 viewsraynor94

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 14:28 - Aug 22 by CopperJack

Cafe TwoCann closed because people stopped going there nothing to do with the WAG

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 08:26 - Aug 23 with 4475 viewsCopperJack

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 15:48 - Aug 22 by nice_to_michu

1. There are many businesses next to Cafe Two Can that are doing well. A new Chinese place opened there a few months ago and is getting rave reviews. But I suppose they are stupid to have moved to the area if Cafe Two Can couldn't succeed?

2. Lots of people have said that they used to like Cafe Two Can in previous years, but it simply wasn't up to scratch in the last few years. Given that the marina development you constantly reference has never actually been there, how is the lack of it got anything to do with the fact that cafe's popularity decreased over time? There is an Italian cafe a stone's throw away which is constantly busy, too.

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to minimize the efforts of whoever owned Cafe Two Can, running a small business like that would be tough regardless of the circumstances. But, on this occasion, I don't think you're seeing the whole story.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 16:15]

Let's be honest, you'd find any reason not to blame your beloved Welsh Labour who broke their promise to create a second marina. Sold the land and spent the money elsewhere. No doubt you fully support the move.

Cafe Twocann also got rave reviews, they recently won awards etc., but footfall was struggling in the area. It never became the 'Business District' they promised, therefore, when other areas got popular (like Oyster Wharf), it took their tourism and reduced the amount of passing trade. Simple as, your beloved government should actually care about Swansea for a change, and invest here. Found hundreds of millions to invest in Callaghan Sq didn't they? But 20m for a lock gate? Waaaayyy too much.

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 11:26 - Aug 23 with 4420 viewsnice_to_michu

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 08:26 - Aug 23 by CopperJack

Let's be honest, you'd find any reason not to blame your beloved Welsh Labour who broke their promise to create a second marina. Sold the land and spent the money elsewhere. No doubt you fully support the move.

Cafe Twocann also got rave reviews, they recently won awards etc., but footfall was struggling in the area. It never became the 'Business District' they promised, therefore, when other areas got popular (like Oyster Wharf), it took their tourism and reduced the amount of passing trade. Simple as, your beloved government should actually care about Swansea for a change, and invest here. Found hundreds of millions to invest in Callaghan Sq didn't they? But 20m for a lock gate? Waaaayyy too much.

Please see my previous points.
Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 22:28 - Aug 23 with 4316 viewsYossarian

Swansea business closes because of Welsh Labour on 11:26 - Aug 23 by nice_to_michu

Please see my previous points.

Which said feck all about the real issue which is the idiocy of WAG in over-ruling the local council who objected to the 500 bed student accommodation right on Fabian Way and the fact that Trinity St Davids ( Swansea 'Met' or the old teacher training college if you're old enough) are eating up development land on SA1 like Pacman.
SA1 will die because of the student encroachment that will encourage cheap bars and fast food outlets to cater for that market. That's free market economics with the market influenced by WAG. Get a grip and get some experience of the real world- you may not like reality and you may be in denial- but there it is.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024