Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is renewing trust membership? 20:27 - Aug 17 with 11894 viewsSgorioFruit

Who is renewing trust membership?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Who is renewing trust membership? on 22:44 - Aug 17 with 1441 viewsGaryjack

Who is renewing trust membership? on 22:27 - Aug 17 by Swanseajill

No Gary, I may not post on here very often, but I read most threads. Some of the post are so off the wall but it's pointless arguing with people when they are stating "facts"

Yes some posters are excellent at making some very good points. But others, who are not, or have never been members are happy to tear The Trust to pieces.

At the meetings, the facts are laid out and I've always found that the board are prepared to answer questions that members put to them.

xxx
Who is renewing trust membership? on 00:02 - Aug 18 with 1396 viewsMeraki

Who is renewing trust membership? on 22:27 - Aug 17 by Swanseajill

No Gary, I may not post on here very often, but I read most threads. Some of the post are so off the wall but it's pointless arguing with people when they are stating "facts"

Yes some posters are excellent at making some very good points. But others, who are not, or have never been members are happy to tear The Trust to pieces.

At the meetings, the facts are laid out and I've always found that the board are prepared to answer questions that members put to them.

Who is renewing trust membership? on 00:06 - Aug 18 with 1392 viewsLoyal

Who is renewing trust membership? on 20:28 - Aug 17 by SgorioFruit

A sad sign of the times.
The start of the end of the trust.

I am not renewing my membership.

I was going to rejoin based on a positive outcome, their back bones have gone.
And so have I.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who is renewing trust membership? on 00:16 - Aug 18 with 1379 viewswaynekerr55

I have and decided to regardless of the result

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Who is renewing trust membership? on 00:18 - Aug 18 with 1374 viewsawayjack

The Trust is too passive and seems to have agenda that doesn't represent views of fans. I won't be renewing unless there is a huge change in the people and agenda.
Who is renewing trust membership? on 08:04 - Aug 18 with 1318 viewsSmellyplumz

The trust are the rent boys for the owners, gutless and powerless and in collusion with the sellers /owners.... Huw Cooze, Hola.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Who is renewing trust membership? on 08:07 - Aug 18 with 1310 viewsMattG

I've renewed my membership but would have done so regardless of the vote so neither of the poll options apply.
Who is renewing trust membership? on 08:55 - Aug 18 with 1269 viewsWitneyjack

Who is renewing trust membership? on 08:07 - Aug 18 by MattG

I've renewed my membership but would have done so regardless of the vote so neither of the poll options apply.

Me too ........
Login to get fewer ads

Who is renewing trust membership? on 08:59 - Aug 18 with 1255 viewsItchySphincter

I'll be renewing again, nothing to do with the result. You never know what the future holds. I actually believe that the trust could do with more of these kind of objectors on board, not less.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who is renewing trust membership? on 09:10 - Aug 18 with 1238 viewsPegojack

Who is renewing trust membership? on 08:59 - Aug 18 by ItchySphincter

I'll be renewing again, nothing to do with the result. You never know what the future holds. I actually believe that the trust could do with more of these kind of objectors on board, not less.

I agree.

There's more to come in this story, the next fight will be that the owners will be asking the Trust to divi up the cash for stadium expansion. NO WAY.

I respect the views of all those who are saying in this thread that they are not renewing, but remember, boys and girls, you are walking away, so please don't come on here moaning in the future, the people who remain to carry on the fight are not interested in the views of those carping from the sidelines.
Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:08 - Aug 18 with 1186 viewscostalotta

Who is renewing trust membership? on 09:10 - Aug 18 by Pegojack

I agree.

There's more to come in this story, the next fight will be that the owners will be asking the Trust to divi up the cash for stadium expansion. NO WAY.

I respect the views of all those who are saying in this thread that they are not renewing, but remember, boys and girls, you are walking away, so please don't come on here moaning in the future, the people who remain to carry on the fight are not interested in the views of those carping from the sidelines.

I doubt there is much to come to be honest.

Like you, i respect the views and positions of those whether they remain members or not. Its a personal choice.

However, I am interested in your 'carry on the fight' statement. In what way have the Trust fought, say over the last few years and in particular with all thats happened regarding the sale, sackings and appointments made , pretty much everything since 2015? And, how or perhaps what do the members and trust board do in the next round of this 'fighting' you refer to? Genuinely interested?
Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:10 - Aug 18 with 1186 viewslonglostjack

I agree.

Good point. I suppose I''ll grit my teeth, renew and wait patiently for the next Board elections.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:18 - Aug 18 with 1169 viewsDafyddHuw

I agree.

Shadwell, I luvs you man(welll, your posts anyway).

But "the people who remain to carry on the fight".
Come on - it's like being led into battle by a very stoned Sooty, Sweep and Soo.
It's lions led by donkeys, and not just based on the recent vote.

What did you think of the recent (re)election of Trust board members? Yoiu know, the one where the candidates wouldn't tell us anything about their ideas regarding how they saw the Trust going forward in the future, what their attitude to our owners, our sellout directors,our purchase of the stadium was. Did you find that acceptable?
Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:20 - Aug 18 with 1166 viewsheadcleaner

This notion that if you're not a member of the trust then you're somehow not entitled to complain is crazy.

I was a member up until this latest fiasco and won't renew but the people who never paid up have just as much rites to complain or criticize. Blind allegiance is fine but if/when the brown stuff hits the fan it won't just be the trust members that stick up for SCFC but anyone who gives a toss.

Is it so difficult to see how hurt and betrayed people have been recently?
Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:30 - Aug 18 with 1150 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:20 - Aug 18 by headcleaner

This notion that if you're not a member of the trust then you're somehow not entitled to complain is crazy.

I was a member up until this latest fiasco and won't renew but the people who never paid up have just as much rites to complain or criticize. Blind allegiance is fine but if/when the brown stuff hits the fan it won't just be the trust members that stick up for SCFC but anyone who gives a toss.

Is it so difficult to see how hurt and betrayed people have been recently?

Anyone can complain about anything but ultimately non members' opinions are not as important as members' opinions for the simple reason that members get a vote and non members don't.

I see e result is about 2 to 1 not renewing but as we know, PS posters are not representative of Trust members.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:42 - Aug 18 with 1134 viewsPegojack

Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:18 - Aug 18 by DafyddHuw

Shadwell, I luvs you man(welll, your posts anyway).

But "the people who remain to carry on the fight".
Come on - it's like being led into battle by a very stoned Sooty, Sweep and Soo.
It's lions led by donkeys, and not just based on the recent vote.

What did you think of the recent (re)election of Trust board members? Yoiu know, the one where the candidates wouldn't tell us anything about their ideas regarding how they saw the Trust going forward in the future, what their attitude to our owners, our sellout directors,our purchase of the stadium was. Did you find that acceptable?

No, you're right, I don't find it acceptable.

But they only way to change it is from the inside, as a member with a voice.

I'm retiring next year and might become more active in the Trust, although I live 80 miles away. If I put myself up as a Trust Board candidate on a 'feck the Americans' ticket, I'll let you know well in advance.
Who is renewing trust membership? on 11:08 - Aug 18 with 1118 viewsLondonJack

I'm really undecided. I voted to maintain the status quo and see what happens. I think it's a big mistake to sell the Trust's shares, even if there's a cash windfall.

I think there's been a real crisis of confidence within the Trust and obviously from people across the spectrum on here and elsewhere.

I think there is a real need for an effective voice for the supporters and a strong and transparent vehicle to hold the club to account on behalf of the fans. The Trust is the obvious vehicle to do this and has been a force for good in the past.

Times change and with success and progress come very different challenges in both scale and complexity. The Trust looks like a cottage industry compared to the way the business of football is conducted in reality.

I think there needs to be a full and frank review of what the Trust's objectives actually are. There needs to be a widening participation strategy to get more people to take the Trust seriously and motivate people to get involved.

I don't doubt the motivation and hard work the people involved in the Trust have put in. But from the 'outside' the events of the last year or so and the response haven't been up to the job in my opinion. It's easy to criticise from a distance, but I'm seriously worried about how the Trust can progress and make a meaningful, effective contribution to the turbulence to come. STID.
Who is renewing trust membership? on 11:11 - Aug 18 with 1111 viewsDafyddHuw

Who is renewing trust membership? on 10:42 - Aug 18 by Pegojack

No, you're right, I don't find it acceptable.

But they only way to change it is from the inside, as a member with a voice.

I'm retiring next year and might become more active in the Trust, although I live 80 miles away. If I put myself up as a Trust Board candidate on a 'feck the Americans' ticket, I'll let you know well in advance.

Good for you. And I'll second your proposal.
Who is renewing trust membership? on 12:27 - Aug 18 with 1064 viewsUxbridge

Who is renewing trust membership? on 11:08 - Aug 18 by LondonJack

I'm really undecided. I voted to maintain the status quo and see what happens. I think it's a big mistake to sell the Trust's shares, even if there's a cash windfall.

I think there's been a real crisis of confidence within the Trust and obviously from people across the spectrum on here and elsewhere.

I think there is a real need for an effective voice for the supporters and a strong and transparent vehicle to hold the club to account on behalf of the fans. The Trust is the obvious vehicle to do this and has been a force for good in the past.

Times change and with success and progress come very different challenges in both scale and complexity. The Trust looks like a cottage industry compared to the way the business of football is conducted in reality.

I think there needs to be a full and frank review of what the Trust's objectives actually are. There needs to be a widening participation strategy to get more people to take the Trust seriously and motivate people to get involved.

I don't doubt the motivation and hard work the people involved in the Trust have put in. But from the 'outside' the events of the last year or so and the response haven't been up to the job in my opinion. It's easy to criticise from a distance, but I'm seriously worried about how the Trust can progress and make a meaningful, effective contribution to the turbulence to come. STID.

Several threads I could have replied to after reading the posts of the last few days (and anyone expecting people to post on here ahead of spending time on holidays with their families needs a word with themselves), but this one is as good as any.

Must admit I'm rather surprised by the election result. On here, the mood was almost unanimously in favour of legal action. Offline, the mood was very much the opposite on legal action but questioning why the Trust would sell any of its shares.

Afraid I can't take the gripes about a rigged election seriously - the Trust board is always going to express its view of the options, as most of its members would expect, but it also provided a very fair breakdown of all the potential options with associated pros and cons. Detail wasn't an issue - in fact I suspect the volume of detail partly explains the disappointing turnout %. As for the election itself, the Trust had zero involvement in the count - that was entirely managed by the independent scrutineer, who also manages the council elections.

This election was always going to be divisive, and it's no shock that many of those disappointed in the result are choosing not to renew (although I'm very much of the Wayne school on this ... renewal for me was completely independent on whether the vote went the way I wanted or not ... a lot of comment was made about how those elected to the board shouldn't go off and resign if the vote went against it, well that works both ways). A vote in favour of legal action would have had the same result on that score I suspect, or a vote for the status quo.

There's been a fair few comments that have annoyed me. Leaving aside the increasingly personal nature of some things, the one thing that I really can't agree with is this argument that if you've not gone with the tide on here, and not agreed with some often well thought out arguments in favour of legal action, it's because you simply don't understand the information or question. That, I'm afraid, is a load of balls. Everyone has their own list of priorities and interests in terms of how they voted ... some wanted to give the Yanks and Jenkins a bloody nose above all else, some just wanted peace in our time, some asked themselves what was best for the Trust financially (and on that question some people deviated on what the decision was). To suggest that voting in one direction means you're somehow more intelligent than others is the sort of arrogant nonsense that cost the Brexit election.

As for what happens next, that's the important question. In terms of the deal on the table, that now needs to be progressed. As has been outlined many times, if the details of the deal don't stack up to the heads of terms then we may well be back to the members. I'm certainly not going to agree with an unenforceable tag clause for example, or a drag clause that provides no protections to the Trust for example. It's now up to the Americans to pull their fingers out and progress this.

The Trust, with potentially £6m in the bank (an interesting side note that has come to light in recent weeks as we've discussed scenarios with our financial advisors, is that upcoming legislation will mean that, if passed, a part sale will be exempt from CGT whereas a full sale would not), could become a very different organisation. How those funds are used, or at least the interest, will be a source of considerable debate. I rather like the idea of someone being employed to make the Trust more efficient and responsive for example.

There's a paragraph in the below which really struck home for me ..."I think there needs to be a full and frank review of what the Trust's objectives actually are. There needs to be a widening participation strategy to get more people to take the Trust seriously and motivate people to get involved. ". I couldn't agree more. One thing the Trust board discussed in its last monthly meeting was the concept of engaging with "volunteers" to participate in the various sub groups that get formed to look into certain issues. So, as an example, for any group formed to look at usage of funds, or the Trusts aims etc, then that could be formed by elected members, co-opted members and also any other member that demonstrates an interest and also ideally has the relevant skills and experience. Election to the board isn't for everyone, often for reasons of logistics and lack of time, but there are Trust members with considerable experience ... and one good thing about this ballot is that many of those have made themselves known to the Trust and have been involved in helping to shape the decisions and actions of the Trust board.

Tough times ahead, I don't doubt, and lots of work for the Trust on many fronts.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:40 - Aug 18 with 986 viewsswanforthemoney

I am happy with the current Trust Board and have renewed on that basis.
Onward and upward.
I like the concept of various subgroups to progress various issues.
My main thought is that everyone has to be careful that the money is not lost in some disastrous investments.

I stand in the North Stand

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:43 - Aug 18 with 979 viewsSmellyplumz

Who is renewing trust membership? on 12:27 - Aug 18 by Uxbridge

Several threads I could have replied to after reading the posts of the last few days (and anyone expecting people to post on here ahead of spending time on holidays with their families needs a word with themselves), but this one is as good as any.

Must admit I'm rather surprised by the election result. On here, the mood was almost unanimously in favour of legal action. Offline, the mood was very much the opposite on legal action but questioning why the Trust would sell any of its shares.

Afraid I can't take the gripes about a rigged election seriously - the Trust board is always going to express its view of the options, as most of its members would expect, but it also provided a very fair breakdown of all the potential options with associated pros and cons. Detail wasn't an issue - in fact I suspect the volume of detail partly explains the disappointing turnout %. As for the election itself, the Trust had zero involvement in the count - that was entirely managed by the independent scrutineer, who also manages the council elections.

This election was always going to be divisive, and it's no shock that many of those disappointed in the result are choosing not to renew (although I'm very much of the Wayne school on this ... renewal for me was completely independent on whether the vote went the way I wanted or not ... a lot of comment was made about how those elected to the board shouldn't go off and resign if the vote went against it, well that works both ways). A vote in favour of legal action would have had the same result on that score I suspect, or a vote for the status quo.

There's been a fair few comments that have annoyed me. Leaving aside the increasingly personal nature of some things, the one thing that I really can't agree with is this argument that if you've not gone with the tide on here, and not agreed with some often well thought out arguments in favour of legal action, it's because you simply don't understand the information or question. That, I'm afraid, is a load of balls. Everyone has their own list of priorities and interests in terms of how they voted ... some wanted to give the Yanks and Jenkins a bloody nose above all else, some just wanted peace in our time, some asked themselves what was best for the Trust financially (and on that question some people deviated on what the decision was). To suggest that voting in one direction means you're somehow more intelligent than others is the sort of arrogant nonsense that cost the Brexit election.

As for what happens next, that's the important question. In terms of the deal on the table, that now needs to be progressed. As has been outlined many times, if the details of the deal don't stack up to the heads of terms then we may well be back to the members. I'm certainly not going to agree with an unenforceable tag clause for example, or a drag clause that provides no protections to the Trust for example. It's now up to the Americans to pull their fingers out and progress this.

The Trust, with potentially £6m in the bank (an interesting side note that has come to light in recent weeks as we've discussed scenarios with our financial advisors, is that upcoming legislation will mean that, if passed, a part sale will be exempt from CGT whereas a full sale would not), could become a very different organisation. How those funds are used, or at least the interest, will be a source of considerable debate. I rather like the idea of someone being employed to make the Trust more efficient and responsive for example.

There's a paragraph in the below which really struck home for me ..."I think there needs to be a full and frank review of what the Trust's objectives actually are. There needs to be a widening participation strategy to get more people to take the Trust seriously and motivate people to get involved. ". I couldn't agree more. One thing the Trust board discussed in its last monthly meeting was the concept of engaging with "volunteers" to participate in the various sub groups that get formed to look into certain issues. So, as an example, for any group formed to look at usage of funds, or the Trusts aims etc, then that could be formed by elected members, co-opted members and also any other member that demonstrates an interest and also ideally has the relevant skills and experience. Election to the board isn't for everyone, often for reasons of logistics and lack of time, but there are Trust members with considerable experience ... and one good thing about this ballot is that many of those have made themselves known to the Trust and have been involved in helping to shape the decisions and actions of the Trust board.

Tough times ahead, I don't doubt, and lots of work for the Trust on many fronts.

Surprised, don't make me laugh, the trust never had any intention of going legal, all one big sharade. Be interesting to see the official renewal figures for the trust. A lot of peeps are totally fked off with the trust for good reason. I wish you good luck with over turning that.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:46 - Aug 18 with 970 viewsDarran

Who is renewing trust membership? on 12:27 - Aug 18 by Uxbridge

Thank you for the reply Andrew hope you're enjoying your holibibs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:54 - Aug 18 with 948 viewsswanforthemoney

Anyone who really cared would re-join and fight their corner. Those who dont renew just because vote went against them wont be much of a loss, will they ?

I stand in the North Stand

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:57 - Aug 18 with 943 viewsDarran

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:54 - Aug 18 by swanforthemoney

Anyone who really cared would re-join and fight their corner. Those who dont renew just because vote went against them wont be much of a loss, will they ?

It's become the norm these days to throw a hissy fit when a democratic vote doesn't go your way.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:57 - Aug 18 with 942 viewsSmellyplumz

Who is renewing trust membership? on 13:54 - Aug 18 by swanforthemoney

Not just because of the vote though is it and well you know it. Much of a loss? So if the trust only had a hundred members after this renewal are they representing the fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024