Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... 00:51 - Aug 18 with 3954 viewsE20Jack

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10993370/gylfi-sigurdsson-decided-t

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 01:08 - Aug 18 with 3479 viewsEasternJack

Interesting stuff - apart from the author confusing Barnsley with Barnet. Also puts to bed the notion that some believe that PC didn't rate/want Siggy.

Anyway... from PC:

"I made it clear to Gylfi at the end of last season and conversations I had via texts with him over the summer that I would like him to stay,"

"His view was that he would like the opportunity to potentially embark on another challenge.

"I was aware of that from the end of last season. The conversations were open and frank, but you still hope there might be a change of mind."

"I said to Gylfi my opinion was that he should still come to America," he added.

"It could have potentially fallen through. He was confident it wouldn't and he decided to stay.

"It has gone on longer than we would have liked, but sometimes these deals are complicated

"It was probably more awkward for him than me when he came back and trained with us," Clement said.

"He continued to train with us and he was one of the hardest working players in the group, even during that period.

"It is disappointing, but we were realistic that a club investing who are above us means you can lose them."
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 1:14]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:00 - Aug 18 with 3289 viewsAguycalledJack

I don't believe they will finish far above us this season. I have a feeling this move will come back and bite siggy on the ass.
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:13 - Aug 18 with 3236 viewsGroo

It pisses me off when the player states he wants to leave but that is not regarded a transfer request

Groo does what Groo does best

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:22 - Aug 18 with 3209 viewsMeraki

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:13 - Aug 18 by Groo

It pisses me off when the player states he wants to leave but that is not regarded a transfer request

I know what you mean, but the club were prepared to sell him from day 1 so no need to hand in a transfer request really.
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:40 - Aug 18 with 3132 viewsshandyjack

So that puts to bed any notion that he was told not to travel to US, what a rat

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:54 - Aug 18 with 3063 viewsjojaca

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:40 - Aug 18 by shandyjack

So that puts to bed any notion that he was told not to travel to US, what a rat

Take away that halo, take away the best ever player at club accolade and cancel the sculptors on building his statue.

Even when you know, you never know?

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 08:10 - Aug 18 with 2994 viewsswan65split

yes hes gone down in my estimation, took our money, and looks like he hung out for more, causing us issues and of course will get his lumper.
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 08:17 - Aug 18 with 2952 viewsLoyal

Gylfi no different to all of the others.
They don't care, never have, never will.

He refused to go to the USA, effectively going on strike.
I thought we handled it well, I would have hung the cnt out to dry and stopped his wages.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 09:35 - Aug 18 with 2746 viewsmax936

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 08:17 - Aug 18 by Loyal

Gylfi no different to all of the others.
They don't care, never have, never will.

He refused to go to the USA, effectively going on strike.
I thought we handled it well, I would have hung the cnt out to dry and stopped his wages.

He refused to go on a club tour, effectively withdrawing his service, his wages should have been withheld or at least fined, much like you said, just why the Club didn't l don't know.
On the players lap of honour at the end of the season one of the younger players pushed towards the North East corner and it seemed obvious then that he knew he'd be off, also seems like Williams went some way to engineer the move to.
Club Legend my arse.
Anyway fukem both.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 09:53 - Aug 18 with 2684 viewsRuDeMan1970

...and at the end of season awards night didn't he proclaim to be happy here and it was down to the club only if he wasn't to be here for the next season?
TRUST NO-ONE.
BELIEVE NOTHING.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 2631 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 09:53 - Aug 18 by RuDeMan1970

...and at the end of season awards night didn't he proclaim to be happy here and it was down to the club only if he wasn't to be here for the next season?
TRUST NO-ONE.
BELIEVE NOTHING.

That's what grates me.

How can he stand up there and say that, when his manager is sitting in the audience, looking at him knowing he's lying through his teeth.
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 10:52 - Aug 18 with 2538 viewsvetchonian

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 10:04 - Aug 18 by 34dfgdf54

That's what grates me.

How can he stand up there and say that, when his manager is sitting in the audience, looking at him knowing he's lying through his teeth.

Somwhere between all reports lies the truth but for me now he has gone...lets move on...We now need to worry about what new personnel we are getting .Like all players he was an employee just like us

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 11:47 - Aug 18 with 2438 viewsgiantstoneater

It's one of the things that has hacked me off about the whole affair knowing that he wanted to go and doing nothing to get a few deals lined up before the fee was known now it's going to be hard to get the right players in for the right price I can picture HI playing an organ and laughing an evil laugh somewhere.
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 11:58 - Aug 18 with 2414 viewsraynor94

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 10:52 - Aug 18 by vetchonian

Somwhere between all reports lies the truth but for me now he has gone...lets move on...We now need to worry about what new personnel we are getting .Like all players he was an employee just like us

The truth lies in what Clement just told you!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 12:42 - Aug 18 with 2329 viewsJBG

Time i had my say
No sour grapes here, but he was shit in a 50/50 tackle, lost the ball no end,run around like a headless chicken, not worth 45 mil
In my humble opinion watching him week in week out

Great passer of the ball
great dead ball taker
there said it
fire away
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:14 - Aug 18 with 2111 viewsmax936

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 09:53 - Aug 18 by RuDeMan1970

TRUST NO-ONE.
BELIEVE NOTHING.

Here's one that I've often been told, "Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" I've rarely adhered to it myself though mind

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:21 - Aug 18 with 2091 viewsmax936

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 12:42 - Aug 18 by JBG

Time i had my say
No sour grapes here, but he was shit in a 50/50 tackle, lost the ball no end,run around like a headless chicken, not worth 45 mil

Great passer of the ball
great dead ball taker
there said it
fire away

He couldn't lace Iniesta's boots Kev

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:23 - Aug 18 with 2085 viewssnork44

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:14 - Aug 18 by max936

Here's one that I've often been told, "Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" I've rarely adhered to it myself though mind

Why sign a four year contract ,if you didn't want to be here then? Well good luck trying displace Rooney,Klasson and Barkley when you either get injured or dropped. I like Sigurdsson, but twice he has treated this club like shit, he may not get a third chance when his career goes tits up!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:40 - Aug 18 with 2028 viewsmax936

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:23 - Aug 18 by snork44

Why sign a four year contract ,if you didn't want to be here then? Well good luck trying displace Rooney,Klasson and Barkley when you either get injured or dropped. I like Sigurdsson, but twice he has treated this club like shit, he may not get a third chance when his career goes tits up!

You'll have to ask him, I haven't got a clue, except a guess that his head was turned after his chat with our ex joking Leg-end, that said a long contract does protect the club as well as the player if a player gets a bad injury he knows he's still getting his monthly/weekly wedge and the club can sort of name their price in any transfer deal.

Don't know why you quoted me though mind

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 16:32 - Aug 18 with 1931 viewssnork44

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:40 - Aug 18 by max936

You'll have to ask him, I haven't got a clue, except a guess that his head was turned after his chat with our ex joking Leg-end, that said a long contract does protect the club as well as the player if a player gets a bad injury he knows he's still getting his monthly/weekly wedge and the club can sort of name their price in any transfer deal.

Don't know why you quoted me though mind

I quoted you because you do talk a lot of sense, cue incoming from Darran any second now ! As for Williams ,my respect for that self absorbed twaat went when he did that video ' once he was touched by Everton, he'd never be the same' , yes and he was a die hard Liverpool fan, tosser !!!!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 17:03 - Aug 18 with 1883 viewsmax936

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 16:32 - Aug 18 by snork44

I quoted you because you do talk a lot of sense, cue incoming from Darran any second now ! As for Williams ,my respect for that self absorbed twaat went when he did that video ' once he was touched by Everton, he'd never be the same' , yes and he was a die hard Liverpool fan, tosser !!!!

notsure about the sense bit mind.

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 17:15 - Aug 18 with 1854 viewsOldjack

i don't give a fuk what anyone says about Spurs or whatever ,we put this boy in the limelight ,thanks for the millions and i hope you're arse gets full of splinters over the coming season

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:20 - Aug 19 with 1614 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 15:23 - Aug 18 by snork44

Probably because as a club we have zero ambition.

I don't blame him for wanting out, I wouldn't blame Clement for looking for a new job even now, even without a full season with us. But it's the lying that does my head in.

On to the next
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 08:11 - Aug 19 with 1554 viewsnantywatcher

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 07:20 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Probably because as a club we have zero ambition.

I don't blame him for wanting out, I wouldn't blame Clement for looking for a new job even now, even without a full season with us. But it's the lying that does my head in.

On to the next

That's the worry, if the owners don't up their "game" the more valuable of our players are going to want gone pretty damn quickly (I'm particularly thinking of Alfie)
Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 08:17 - Aug 19 with 1550 viewsWhiterockin

Gylfi told the club he wanted to leave last season... on 12:42 - Aug 18 by JBG

Time i had my say

Great passer of the ball
great dead ball taker
there said it
fire away

It will be really interesting if he is wide with his first two direct free kicks. Rooney and Baines will be pounced ready to take over and the Everton supporters will be wondering what they wasted their money on. We always remember the ones he scored for us, rarely the great number he missed. I could not tell you his success percentage to get the two he scored last season. On corners and indirect free kicks I believe Carrroll can deliver a ball just as well if not better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024