Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. 22:42 - Aug 18 with 1577 viewsSwanzay

Matt. I also respect your point of view, but in my opinion and as I've said on a number of occasions, the number one aim of the Trust was to guarantee the permanent existence of a professional football club in Swansea.

The only way of doing that is (a) to own enough shares that the club can be protected from the worst excesses of the owners or (b) have enough money in the bank to purchase enough of the club in the future to achieve (a).

The worst excesses of the owners include the dilution and debt raising mentioned, they can now dilute the trust and raise debt in the club and the Trust can't prevent it.

In addition, the club can be sold to whoever and the Trust will not only be unable to prevent the sale, but will also be unable to prevent the sale of the Trust shares so that there will be no oversight over what anyone may do.

Forgive me, I completely respect the time given by you and others, time that I have not given, but I don't believe it's disingenuous to mention these things. I do believe it may be somewhat disingenuous to say that just because dividends were not declared last year, nor debt raised as yet, nor Trust shares diluted that somehow the aims stated have been achieved since the majority owners could do all three tomorrow and there's sod all the Trust could do about it.
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 22:50 - Aug 18 with 1538 viewslondonlisa2001

Do you know what swanzay. I really don't think it does.

The vote has happened. The Trust provided a lot of information, and people voted accordingly.

My view is just one view. It may well be bollox.

It's time to move on.

The only reason I made the post was as a response to Uxbridge s post suggesting that people were not renewing either because they didn't like the result or because they wanted revenge. He also had a dig at people who thought they were more informed when I haven't seen anyone say that. I thought that was a little dismissive to be honest. But I'm sure he's fed up and that's come through in the post. It is what it is, and we need to avoid some sort of rerun.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 22:52]
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 22:54 - Aug 18 with 1498 viewsItchySphincter

Uxbridge is a poor mouthpiece for the trust on here. Terribly arrogant and glib.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:00 - Aug 18 with 1462 viewsSwanzay

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 22:50 - Aug 18 by londonlisa2001

The vote has happened. The Trust provided a lot of information, and people voted accordingly.

It's time to move on.

The only reason I made the post was as a response to Uxbridge s post suggesting that people were not renewing either because they didn't like the result or because they wanted revenge. He also had a dig at people who thought they were more informed when I haven't seen anyone say that. I thought that was a little dismissive to be honest. But I'm sure he's fed up and that's come through in the post. It is what it is, and we need to avoid some sort of rerun.

Im totally with the decision made and that the vote was the vote and a decision has been made! That democracy.

But to me your post perfectly highlights the future implications of said vote and as you and I both posted last night, hope no repercussions happen in years to come.

Sorry If you felt uncomfortable with my headlining, but your message in my mind needs to be said, quite happy for mods to delete, if you feel uncomfortable with this in any way!
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:05 - Aug 18 with 1422 viewslondonlisa2001

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:00 - Aug 18 by Swanzay

Im totally with the decision made and that the vote was the vote and a decision has been made! That democracy.

But to me your post perfectly highlights the future implications of said vote and as you and I both posted last night, hope no repercussions happen in years to come.

Sorry If you felt uncomfortable with my headlining, but your message in my mind needs to be said, quite happy for mods to delete, if you feel uncomfortable with this in any way!

No, not at all.

I'm just think that any discussion is going to be dismissed as sour grapes at this point.

There have already been references to Brexit (the implication being remoaners), and there comes a point where it's a case of what's done is done and let's just enjoy (or not!!) the football.
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:06 - Aug 18 with 1420 viewsUxbridge

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 22:50 - Aug 18 by londonlisa2001

It's time to move on.

Oh plenty have Lisa. See garyjacks post to Lorr at
Who is renewing trust membership? by SgorioFruit 17 Aug 2017 20:27
[poll_1799]

as one example. There are others.

And are we really arguing that some people are not renewing because the vote went against their wishes? Its pretty obvious some are. Not all by any means.

You're right, I'm fed up. Who wouldn't be with every comment jumped upon and every intention questioned. It gets old quickly.

As you say, the vote has happened and we move on.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:06 - Aug 18 with 1404 viewsJackfath

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 22:54 - Aug 18 by ItchySphincter

Uxbridge is a poor mouthpiece for the trust on here. Terribly arrogant and glib.

He's had one of the biggest 'mares I've ever seen on here tonight.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:09 - Aug 18 with 1386 viewsDarran

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:06 - Aug 18 by Jackfath

He's had one of the biggest 'mares I've ever seen on here tonight.

I concur.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:11 - Aug 18 with 1363 viewsbonymine

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:09 - Aug 18 by Darran

I concur.

Not surprised at all.

The apathy and misguidance of the 'Trust' is embarrassing ... All too cozy (or is that Cooze 😂) for my liking ....

???????????????????????

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:14 - Aug 18 with 1337 viewsSwanzay

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:06 - Aug 18 by Uxbridge

[poll_1799]

And are we really arguing that some people are not renewing because the vote went against their wishes? Its pretty obvious some are. Not all by any means.

You're right, I'm fed up. Who wouldn't be with every comment jumped upon and every intention questioned. It gets old quickly.

My argument was simply why should people pay to renew, when the Trust will soon be cash rich?

You simply cant ask for a membership fee, with that sort of dosh in the bank, simples!
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:21 - Aug 18 with 1302 viewsGaryjack

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:06 - Aug 18 by Uxbridge

[poll_1799]

You are so having a disaster of a night here Andrew! Wtf was wrong with that post to Lorraine? I've known her for well over 30 years you daft tvvat! You've lost the plot man! This isn't even funny!
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:26 - Aug 18 with 1279 viewsUxbridge

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 23:21 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

You are so having a disaster of a night here Andrew! Wtf was wrong with that post to Lorraine? I've known her for well over 30 years you daft tvvat! You've lost the plot man! This isn't even funny!

Aye. In your own words, love you to bits but you're so wrong.

One thing we can agree on is that Lorr is great.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 01:32 - Aug 19 with 1120 viewswhiterock

[poll_1799]

Stick at it Ux,tough at the top, tougher at the bottom
I think this post by Lisa, need a thread of its own. on 07:50 - Aug 19 with 948 viewsTreforys_Jack

Awful lot of shite stirring going on here tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024