Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McDonald's workers to strike! 08:34 - Aug 19 with 10635 viewsjackportis

Want £10 per hour. Not bad for a spotty teenager or immigrant for flipping greasy burgers.JP suggests looking for a job that pays this not demand from your current employer.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:11 - Aug 19 with 1730 viewsNeath_Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:09 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

And the civil service. Obvs.

That's what i meant to type but it came out as cocaine smugglers.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:12 - Aug 19 with 1722 viewsNeath_Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:10 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

Its not about them being worth more as people, its about the job being worth more. If Mother Teresa was alive and decided to work in McDonalds I still dont think she should be getting 21k a year and more than Ambulance drivers and paramedic assistants.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 22:11]

Just because another occupation is on fairly low wages, that does not mean that they are a yard stick for other occupations. It's up to those other industries to rally and get their wages improved.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:13 - Aug 19 with 1719 viewsexiledclaseboy

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:11 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

That's what i meant to type but it came out as cocaine smugglers.

Well we like to dabble and the international travel helps chivvy things along.

Poll: Tory leader

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 1714 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:07 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

Just because someone is at the bottom of the ladder, and actually enjoy doing that job, and take pride in doing that job, does not mean they cannot ask for extra money. If they believe they are worth more, then it's also their right to strike. It's that simple.

Asking for a pay rise, absolutely. I'd guess most of us have done that at some point.

Striking, no chance. It's not as if they are nurses or firefighters performing an important public duty. I'm sure there are plenty of unemployed people who would be willing to work for £7-8 an hour and are capable of doing the job.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 1712 viewsE20Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:12 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

Just because another occupation is on fairly low wages, that does not mean that they are a yard stick for other occupations. It's up to those other industries to rally and get their wages improved.

But that is my point, this strike is not company specific, there would be a knock on effect. Fast food workers will ALWAYS be among the lowest paid jobs due to the nature of the job and the lack of skill. It just cannot be argued.

So if that is the case then everyone would end up getting a pay rise. So the pay rises essentially are worthless, it just means our money means less. Before you know it we will have a currency like Thailand where you need 100,000 GBP to buy a loaf of bread

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:17 - Aug 19 with 1705 viewsjack2jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:11 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

Fancy starting a strike? I'll bring the 45 gallon drums.

Do you think they'll miss us if we do
McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:19 - Aug 19 with 1696 viewsHighjack

Aren't McDonalds restaurants mainly all franchised and not part of the company itself? Wouldn't it be fairly difficult to have all franchises conform to the £10 wage?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:23 - Aug 19 with 1678 viewsDarran

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:59 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

Opposite Midlands bank?

Yes just down a few shops.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:28 - Aug 19 with 1660 viewsexiledclaseboy

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:19 - Aug 19 by Highjack

Aren't McDonalds restaurants mainly all franchised and not part of the company itself? Wouldn't it be fairly difficult to have all franchises conform to the £10 wage?

This non story is relate to two branches, one in Cambridge and one in London. Guaranteed hours are an issue aswell, not just money. The issue of union membership is also a problem as McDonald's apparently don't recognise trades unions.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 00:26 - Aug 20 with 1606 viewsjackportis

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:28 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

This non story is relate to two branches, one in Cambridge and one in London. Guaranteed hours are an issue aswell, not just money. The issue of union membership is also a problem as McDonald's apparently don't recognise trades unions.

And not recognising a mctrade union is why McDonald's is so successful.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 01:26 - Aug 20 with 1594 viewsscottishjack

You've pretty much got it to a tee. I spent a good few years (too long...) working for McDonalds. Great company to work for, very fair with workers rights as far as I was concerned, and as has been mentioned in the thread, they took pride in the fact that they engaged with employees, but then saw that as a reason to skip any unions.

As it became more of a franchise model, I guess that in some areas those principles may have been lost? In my fairly brief experience of the switch to a franchise in Swansea, the company and guy taking the reigns from the main company was excellent, I had just reached the end of my time there.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:43 - Aug 20 with 1559 viewsexiledclaseboy

McDonald's workers to strike! on 00:26 - Aug 20 by jackportis

And not recognising a mctrade union is why McDonald's is so successful.

No it isn't. Stupid JP.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:48 - Aug 20 with 1552 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:43 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

No it isn't. Stupid JP.

Yes. I was thinking it was because they have an incredibly popular, ubiquitous product, that they market the hell out of and sell at very profitable but easily affordable prices.

Then again, maybe they sell millions of burgers because they don't have a trade union.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 1515 viewsNeath_Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 22:23 - Aug 19 by Darran

Yes just down a few shops.

Strange little operation from that place.

I done a few Sunday rounds from there, but they were f*cking huge and had about 3 sack fulls of papers/magazines.

F*ck that.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:09 - Aug 20 with 1434 viewsphact0rri

hopefully the strike will force them to close up shop.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

McDonald's workers to strike! on 03:39 - Aug 21 with 1383 viewscontroversial_jack

I'm sure they have to by law in this country
McDonald's workers to strike! on 05:49 - Aug 21 with 1373 viewsBirchgrovejack

I worked in mcd's as a youngster for something like 3.40 an hour. it was hard work let me tell you, its one of the reasons i went and learned my trade and got my degree in electrical engineering ( and the fact that they once offered me a 4p and hour pay rise). I didn't want to be working that hard for such little money.
However i don't agree with giving all the staff £10 an hour, That's above average wage for the area isn't it? for a job you can literally walk into!
Firstly it'll never give anyone the need or reason to better themselves and secondly mc'ds will be a lot more picky in who they employ and will reduce employee numbers. it'll close the doors for a job for a lot of youngsters i think.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:11 - Aug 21 with 1332 viewsValerie

4 pages on something that has no chance of happening in the next 10 years obviously some very bored people on this site.
The majority of its workers only use it for a stepping stone whilst in education but some are happy to stick to the stress free no responsibility type work and would not expect the pay higher level jobs would pay.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 10:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024