Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McDonald's workers to strike! 08:34 - Aug 19 with 10649 viewsjackportis

Want £10 per hour. Not bad for a spotty teenager or immigrant for flipping greasy burgers.JP suggests looking for a job that pays this not demand from your current employer.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:39 - Aug 19 with 5175 viewsMo_Wives

Do they want fries with that, JP?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:41 - Aug 19 with 5170 viewsjackportis

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:39 - Aug 19 by Mo_Wives

Do they want fries with that, JP?

It could be part of their pay deal perhaps. One could call it a mcstrike

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:48 - Aug 19 with 5151 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:49 - Aug 19 with 5145 viewsicecoldjack

Good for them, a lot more of this kind of thing is needed, hope people support them.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:49 - Aug 19 with 5145 viewsMo_Wives

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:41 - Aug 19 by jackportis

It could be part of their pay deal perhaps. One could call it a mcstrike

Warra bunch of McNuggets.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:50 - Aug 19 with 5142 viewsFieryJack

McDonalds can afford it - tightwads, they are.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:06 - Aug 19 with 5112 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 08:49 - Aug 19 by icecoldjack

Good for them, a lot more of this kind of thing is needed, hope people support them.

Or, work hard to get promoted, or look for jobs outside of McDonlads.

No offence to anyone, but what sets McDonalds staff apart from any other unskilled workers on minimum wage?
McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:12 - Aug 19 with 5098 viewsSoberBaker

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:06 - Aug 19 by jack247

No offence to anyone, but what sets McDonalds staff apart from any other unskilled workers on minimum wage?

I think it's their attention to detail when building a burger - They look just like the photos at the counter.

AMOW

Login to get fewer ads

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:16 - Aug 19 with 5088 viewsE20Jack

I certainly don't support it.

If granted, it will undermine more skilled/harder work that is undoubtedly paying less. They should be lobbying government to increase the minimum wage rather than strike for a company specific payrise.

It is minimum wage work, essentially. If people want to improve themselves then strive for better work instead of working in a place like that and expecting the payscale of jobs that people have worked hard to get or earned qualifications for.

Yes £10 an hour isn't a lot, but it is besides the point.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:21 - Aug 19 with 5077 viewsLoyal

Bloke I know was sacked at McDonald's for w@king in the mayo.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:30 - Aug 19 with 5055 viewsicecoldjack

Disagree. I don't know if there is any kind of Union involved here but people need to start fighting back no matter what sector their in.

When the McDonalds folk fight back it will then hopefully show the way for other industries/sectors etc .

As for what sets them apart from other "unskilled" workers, well it seems getting organised and sticking together for starters!

We must remember that corporations/governments are only scared of one thing, and thats people sticking together and fighting back, never let them try and divide and rule, you've just given a perfect example of it yourself. "why should they " well, why shouldn't they is what we should be thinking ?
McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:32 - Aug 19 with 5052 viewsdailew

Good for them.

About time the private sector got more unionised.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:36 - Aug 19 with 5044 viewsWarwickHunt

The owner would have to be a clown to pay that.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:41 - Aug 19 with 5030 viewsE20Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:36 - Aug 19 by WarwickHunt

The owner would have to be a clown to pay that.

Bravo

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:48 - Aug 19 with 5022 viewsnice_to_michu

Ah yes, the old "service industry should only be a stepping stone" argument. There are loads of people who aren't capable (for many reasons not including laziness) to become middle-management or above. Should they all be condemned to a life of being the "working poor" who may even require in-work benefits to make ends meet?

Would you have said that miners should just "get promoted" instead of working for crap wages until they retire?

What unites McDonald's workers with other low-skilled sectors is their low-pay, but there isn',t a whole lot someone flipping burgers can do about increasing the wages of someone picking up our bins in the street, unless of course they are members of the same union for some reason.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:51 - Aug 19 with 5017 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:30 - Aug 19 by icecoldjack

Disagree. I don't know if there is any kind of Union involved here but people need to start fighting back no matter what sector their in.

When the McDonalds folk fight back it will then hopefully show the way for other industries/sectors etc .

As for what sets them apart from other "unskilled" workers, well it seems getting organised and sticking together for starters!

We must remember that corporations/governments are only scared of one thing, and thats people sticking together and fighting back, never let them try and divide and rule, you've just given a perfect example of it yourself. "why should they " well, why shouldn't they is what we should be thinking ?

Yeah, perfect.

Then you've got the totally unsustainable situation where minimum wage is effectively increased to £10 an hour. A spike in unemployment and people who currently earn that dumbing down their jobs because they can get as much in McDonalds.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:56 - Aug 19 with 5007 viewsjojaca

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:16 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

I certainly don't support it.

If granted, it will undermine more skilled/harder work that is undoubtedly paying less. They should be lobbying government to increase the minimum wage rather than strike for a company specific payrise.

It is minimum wage work, essentially. If people want to improve themselves then strive for better work instead of working in a place like that and expecting the payscale of jobs that people have worked hard to get or earned qualifications for.

Yes £10 an hour isn't a lot, but it is besides the point.

I am not a lover of McDonalds, but went to a Carmarthen branch last week and had a seat where you could view the kitchen clearly. Flipping burgers or not, it's hard work and staff are on the go constant. I told my wife this is one place I could never work in. These staff deserve £10 per hour and more.

Even when you know, you never know?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:05 - Aug 19 with 4993 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:48 - Aug 19 by nice_to_michu

Ah yes, the old "service industry should only be a stepping stone" argument. There are loads of people who aren't capable (for many reasons not including laziness) to become middle-management or above. Should they all be condemned to a life of being the "working poor" who may even require in-work benefits to make ends meet?

Would you have said that miners should just "get promoted" instead of working for crap wages until they retire?

What unites McDonald's workers with other low-skilled sectors is their low-pay, but there isn',t a whole lot someone flipping burgers can do about increasing the wages of someone picking up our bins in the street, unless of course they are members of the same union for some reason.

Ah yes, the old "these people aren't capable of doing anything else so let's just pay them as much as or more than more qualified people" argument.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 4980 viewsNeath_Jack

Good for them, I love nothing more than to see people stand up for something that they believe in.

And in this scenario, you'll get all the educated snobs, who will be against it. So that's another plus for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:11 - Aug 19 with 4974 viewsHighjack

Oh well I'll just go to KFC instead.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:12 - Aug 19 with 4969 viewsFieryJack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:05 - Aug 19 by jack247

Ah yes, the old "these people aren't capable of doing anything else so let's just pay them as much as or more than more qualified people" argument.

Prick
McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:14 - Aug 19 with 4961 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:12 - Aug 19 by FieryJack

Prick

Cheers.

You have anything to contribute to the discussion?
McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:24 - Aug 19 with 4934 viewsE20Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:56 - Aug 19 by jojaca

I am not a lover of McDonalds, but went to a Carmarthen branch last week and had a seat where you could view the kitchen clearly. Flipping burgers or not, it's hard work and staff are on the go constant. I told my wife this is one place I could never work in. These staff deserve £10 per hour and more.

Being "on the go" should be a minimum requirement of any job and doesn't really constitute hard work. They are in a dry and warm kitchen putting pre made food into timed contraptions, lets not pretend it is anything else.. On the current pay scale this country is in, they certainly don't deserve to be paid the same as an on call developing fire fighter thats for sure. In fact, it would be utterly disgraceful if so.

The only way McDonalds staff should be paid more is if the nations payscale increases aswell in comparison. But then there isn't much point in the rise in the first place.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 10:30]

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:56 - Aug 19 with 4880 viewsLoyal

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:14 - Aug 19 by jack247

Cheers.

You have anything to contribute to the discussion?

Too busy w@nking in his own mayo - great taste Fiery boy, add chilli for extra hoof.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

McDonald's workers to strike! on 11:03 - Aug 19 with 4868 viewsjackportis

Jp also advises that when one applies for a job check the pay first! In the event it doesn't meet your needs either don't do it or look elsewhere. The tail does not wag the dog.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024