Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new way of playing 13:56 - Aug 19 with 5503 viewsE20Jack

Regardless of result. That is one of the most positive, encouraging and exciting displays for a long time, against one of the best Man United sides for years. And it is a formation and style they are still adapting to.

Pace in the pass, fluid movement and organisation at the back.

With a few signings we will be fine.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 1:52]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Our new way of playing on 14:11 - Aug 19 with 3987 viewsswan65split

0-4
Our new way of playing on 14:13 - Aug 19 with 3966 viewsE20Jack

Well since I pressed submit we conceded 3 in 5 minutes.

I take full responsibility for this scoreline

Sentiment stands though for the way we played for the first 80 mins.

Our new way of playing on 14:15 - Aug 19 with 3944 viewsMo_Wives

Our new way of playing on 14:13 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

Well since I pressed submit we conceded 3 in 5 minutes.

I take full responsibility for this scoreline

Sentiment stands though for the way we played for the first 80 mins.

Always the way, innit. Have an up vote.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Our new way of playing on 14:15 - Aug 19 with 3935 viewsicecoldjack

0-4 at home ?

Clement dropped a major bllck in making his subs. While its clear we needed a goal it was also clear Man utd had pace to burn and were always gonna destroy us on the break.

The players getting sloppy and giving up when the 2 nd one went in was IMO hard to take, they un did a lot of good work there.
Clement fooked up big time . Took off 2 players that were starting to thrive on the battle field. Dissapointing but plenty to build on providing we make the right signings.
Our new way of playing on 14:30 - Aug 19 with 3797 viewsRobert

Our new way of playing on 14:30 - Aug 19 with 3783 viewsJajess

I can't see where the goals should come from. Same team as struggled last year. Now just without the most important player
Our new way of playing on 14:33 - Aug 19 with 3741 viewsAnotherJohn

It looks to me that in the weeks to come we will see how ridiculously wide of the mark the OP and one or two others have been.
Our new way of playing on 14:34 - Aug 19 with 3728 viewsJokeren1943

Swansea do not have to compare itself to United.

Swansea did extremely well today

Need to fix minor issues like having more players in the box and the defense still need fine-tuning
Login to get fewer ads

Our new way of playing on 14:36 - Aug 19 with 3701 viewsAngelRangelQS

Defensively solid yes but other than that what game were you watching??

Created very little, no attacking intent. Looked crap.
Our new way of playing on 14:36 - Aug 19 with 3683 viewsE20Jack

Our new way of playing on 14:33 - Aug 19 by AnotherJohn

It looks to me that in the weeks to come we will see how ridiculously wide of the mark the OP and one or two others have been.

Dont let the last 10 minutes cloud your view.

I will happily request this to be bookmarked. We are a far better side than we were last year. We went with our new formation against what looks like the best side in the country by some distance. I have not felt this positive after a performance for a long long time.

Our new way of playing on 14:39 - Aug 19 with 3648 viewsAngelRangelQS

Our new way of playing on 14:30 - Aug 19 by Jajess

I can't see where the goals should come from. Same team as struggled last year. Now just without the most important player

Well absolutely
Our new way of playing on 14:45 - Aug 19 with 3581 viewsicecoldjack

Our new way of playing on 14:36 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

I will happily request this to be bookmarked. We are a far better side than we were last year. We went with our new formation against what looks like the best side in the country by some distance. I have not felt this positive after a performance for a long long time.

I don't disagree . I feel the same way actually, was heartened bythat first 75 mins , the problem is how and where we strengthen.

Tammy is not ready for this level yet, debatable if he will get up to speed before his confidence ebbs away .
Carol flatters to deceive, needs to improve.
Fer, just an enigma .
Ayew, lacks confidence to shoot but probably our best player today..

So siging players in the right areas is going to be critical, Llorente would have scored 2 of the chances Tammy spurned but Tammy is going to play a part, it's going to be very difficult for clement who i think was spot on with selcetion but blew it all with his change of subs and formation .

I think this was a good test at the right time so no complacency should set in .
Our new way of playing on 14:52 - Aug 19 with 3517 viewsRunning_Man

"Clement is moving this team in the right direction away from the set piece rubbish we have become accustomed to"

You mean scoring from set pieces? Can we keep that "piece of rubbish" please?
Our new way of playing on 14:52 - Aug 19 with 3517 viewsFieryJack

Our new way of playing on 14:36 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

Agree.

Man U have tonked 2 clubs in their first two games - and they'll do it to a fair few more before the season is done. They have a large number of powerful, muscular, skillfull players. We don't - we can't afford them. So we did brilliantly to hold them for 80 mins.

Get in 2 or 3 decent players and carry on with the passing game and we'll compete well with most teams in this division. We'll probably get a hiding from the likes of Man City and Spurs, but I'm confident we won't be in a relegation battle this season.
Our new way of playing on 14:54 - Aug 19 with 3506 viewsMo_Wives

Our new way of playing on 14:45 - Aug 19 by icecoldjack

I don't disagree . I feel the same way actually, was heartened bythat first 75 mins , the problem is how and where we strengthen.

Tammy is not ready for this level yet, debatable if he will get up to speed before his confidence ebbs away .
Carol flatters to deceive, needs to improve.
Fer, just an enigma .
Ayew, lacks confidence to shoot but probably our best player today..

So siging players in the right areas is going to be critical, Llorente would have scored 2 of the chances Tammy spurned but Tammy is going to play a part, it's going to be very difficult for clement who i think was spot on with selcetion but blew it all with his change of subs and formation .

I think this was a good test at the right time so no complacency should set in .

Leroy Fer is to midfielders, what LSD is to narcotics.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Our new way of playing on 14:54 - Aug 19 with 3499 viewsTheResurrection

Our new way of playing on 14:33 - Aug 19 by AnotherJohn

You will see the total opposite and clueless fools like you will disappear from radar once again.

With 3 record signings still to come we can look at top 10.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our new way of playing on 14:55 - Aug 19 with 3481 viewsJackflack

Our new way of playing on 14:30 - Aug 19 by Jajess

Jack Cork?

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Our new way of playing on 15:33 - Aug 19 with 3330 viewsRunning_Man

Our new way of playing on 14:54 - Aug 19 by TheResurrection

You will see the total opposite and clueless fools like you will disappear from radar once again.

What will this fool do with his time now Siggy´s gone?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 15:34]
Our new way of playing on 15:34 - Aug 19 with 3319 viewsMo_Wives

Our new way of playing on 15:33 - Aug 19 by Running_Man

Siggy has gone

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Our new way of playing on 15:37 - Aug 19 with 3281 viewswobbly

Last year we were a poor side, dependent on set pieces and the quality of Siggy and Llorente to drag us over the line. Now we are just a poor side.

Big couple of weeks ahead for the board.
Our new way of playing on 15:38 - Aug 19 with 3262 viewsMo_Wives

Our new way of playing on 15:33 - Aug 19 by Running_Man

Sharp edit.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Our new way of playing on 15:45 - Aug 19 with 3191 viewsTheResurrection

Our new way of playing on 15:37 - Aug 19 by wobbly

Last year we were a poor side, dependent on set pieces and the quality of Siggy and Llorente to drag us over the line. Now we are just a poor side.

Big couple of weeks ahead for the board.

We already look better side, even without spending the money yet.

That game was more than encouraging and anyone that's not seen that today never will. Yeah United were better and arguably good for 2 nil, but the gap has got bigger between the very top and the rest the last couple of seasons and this will show throughout the season. They've got it all it seems and we'll mop up the tears around us when these players finally arrive.

Bony would've been perfect today, so many times did we need that type of player to hold it up as he does so well.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our new way of playing on 15:46 - Aug 19 with 3184 viewsSPboy

Our new way of playing on 14:54 - Aug 19 by TheResurrection

I was waiting all game to see this fast dynamic game of ours develop. I thought it'll probably happen after about 70 minutes when the opposition tire. Then the manager turned to the bench & brought on Routledge. That was the end of that.

Still, with 3 record signings & a 50-50 success rate that should make us competitive ... with the likes of Burnley, Huddersfield, BHA.

No goals or creativity in the squad ... no pace ... no fast dynamic football either ... but at least there's a few quid in the coffers
Our new way of playing on 15:53 - Aug 19 with 3098 viewswobbly

Our new way of playing on 15:45 - Aug 19 by TheResurrection

We already look better side, even without spending the money yet.

That game was more than encouraging and anyone that's not seen that today never will. Yeah United were better and arguably good for 2 nil, but the gap has got bigger between the very top and the rest the last couple of seasons and this will show throughout the season. They've got it all it seems and we'll mop up the tears around us when these players finally arrive.

Bony would've been perfect today, so many times did we need that type of player to hold it up as he does so well.

I hope you're right but I came away from watching the game today, and last week, and I haven't seen a lot to encourage me yet.

Toothless.
Our new way of playing on 16:08 - Aug 19 with 2986 viewsTheResurrection

Our new way of playing on 15:53 - Aug 19 by wobbly

I hope you're right but I came away from watching the game today, and last week, and I haven't seen a lot to encourage me yet.

Toothless.

Yeah but you do realise we haven't spent the money yet.

We let ourselves down from a corner at the worst time but the first half was bloody good. And let's face it, being honest now, how do you rate them? Because I felt they were really impressive.

This SP Boy is way off. Not a thinker of the beautiful game, probably watches it from the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024