Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mesa 14:09 - Aug 19 with 10744 views34dfgdf54

To think some on here were slagging his performance off. Absolutely clueless.
Mesa on 21:13 - Aug 19 with 2435 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa on 17:35 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

You mentioned him in a thread about Mesa lol! You do have a strange obsession with him as a player.

PM Phil, he could sort out a signed shirt.

In all seriousness, in my eyes, Routs is completely done. Great player for the club, cracking signing, but he brings nothing to the games at this level.

Everyone knows Routs is a couple of seasons overdue replacing but that really isn't his fault. The club should really have sorted this out.

What do you want him to do? Tell Clement "Sorry, I'm too shite to go on boss, half of the planet swans f*ckwits say so"?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mesa on 21:34 - Aug 19 with 2402 views34dfgdf54

Mesa on 21:13 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Everyone knows Routs is a couple of seasons overdue replacing but that really isn't his fault. The club should really have sorted this out.

What do you want him to do? Tell Clement "Sorry, I'm too shite to go on boss, half of the planet swans f*ckwits say so"?

Definitely not his fault, like I said, brilliant signing for the club and I don't begrudge him his pay check.

The blame lies completely at the sell outs, mainly Jenkins
Mesa on 21:46 - Aug 19 with 2359 viewsFlashberryjack

It's a football forum mun.........f*ckwits ? yeah there are a few.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mesa on 22:00 - Aug 19 with 2337 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa on 21:46 - Aug 19 by Flashberryjack

It's a football forum mun.........f*ckwits ? yeah there are a few.

The point I'm making is that it's not his fault, or McBurnie's that they are our current bench but moaning about how sh*t they are isn't really helping matters, be it on a football forum or not.

If you really want to moan turn your attention to the turds that sold out and weakened the playing staff for their sake of their own social status and greed

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mesa on 22:51 - Aug 19 with 2273 viewsjack247

Just seen it back on MOTD. I thought Mesa played Rashford through, it wasn't, it was Lukaku.

Pogba could easily have got a second yellow
Mesa on 23:16 - Aug 19 with 2220 viewsJackSkellington

And that's where I'm seeing Chadli fitting into things, as the long awaited upgrade on Routledge rather than a 'Siggy replacement'. And he is a massive upgrade on Routledge.
Mesa on 01:34 - Aug 20 with 2149 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Mesa on 15:01 - Aug 19 by jack247

I never thought I'd say it, but the goals were due to the fact we brought Bartley off, and yes, that the back 4 didn't have the screen the back 5 did.

Don't really blame Clement for doing it, we had to go for it at some point, though 60 odd minutes did seem a little early. Also highlighted the lack of options we have and the need for strengthening. Routledge and Narsingh are decent in an open game, but they were never going to breakdown a well drilled United team protecting a 1-0 lead.

Couldn't agree more. This was the result of chasing a point when the game was slipping away. This is the best United have looked in a long time, so I am not going to lose too much sleep. As we all know there are effectively two leagues in the Premier League, the Champions League clubs, and the rest. We are firmly in the rest, about halfway in my reckoning, we won't get punished like that by the Rest.
Mesa on 07:16 - Aug 22 with 1939 viewsNirvana

Superb performance, especially for his first game in the PL. Best player on the pitch for us, by a good distance, when he went off. There is a reason Man U didn't create anything until after he was subbed. He sat in the middle of our 3-5-2, pressing all over the pitch, consistently in the right place at the right time. Some observations:

- broke up play
- shielded the backline
- busted his ass getting back to prevent numerous dangerous counterattacks
- provided a pivot for everyone to run off and balance to our formation
- kept the ball moving with quick passes, several superb first-touch passes mixed in
- spread the pitch with positioning (i.e. he was everywhere) and passing
- excellent workrate and decisionmaking in his pressing, stepped up and dropped off at correct moments, several times even pushing up where lazy Fer should've been
- had Rashford in particular in his pocket, stopped him at least four times on counters
- whipped in excellent free kick, far post header from Bartley wide
- took a couple good tactical fouls for the team
- appeared to injure hip/knee in a 30' collision with Rashford preventing counterattack, then again in 62'
Login to get fewer ads

Mesa on 07:26 - Aug 22 with 1909 viewsTheResurrection

Mesa on 07:16 - Aug 22 by Nirvana

Superb performance, especially for his first game in the PL. Best player on the pitch for us, by a good distance, when he went off. There is a reason Man U didn't create anything until after he was subbed. He sat in the middle of our 3-5-2, pressing all over the pitch, consistently in the right place at the right time. Some observations:

- broke up play
- shielded the backline
- kept the ball moving with quick passes, several superb first-touch passes mixed in
- excellent workrate and decisionmaking in his pressing, stepped up and dropped off at correct moments, several times even pushing up where lazy Fer should've been
- had Rashford in particular in his pocket, stopped him at least four times on counters
- appeared to injure hip/knee in a 30' collision with Rashford preventing counterattack, then again in 62'

Wow just wow.

Only his mother or boyfriend could describe his performance like that.

He did OK in patches and made some very poor mistakes.
The fact it was his first game which lasted only an hour is where the story is. Not your Enid Blyton bollox above.

Mesa needs to sort himself out. Make sure he shows why we've paid £11m for him. Train hard, cut out the mistakes, lose a bit of weight and arrogance.

There's a player in there that's clear but it means nothing without the above. A bit like your posts really.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Mesa on 07:31 - Aug 22 with 1897 viewsNirvana

Mesa on 07:26 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

Wow just wow.

Only his mother or boyfriend could describe his performance like that.

He did OK in patches and made some very poor mistakes.
The fact it was his first game which lasted only an hour is where the story is. Not your Enid Blyton bollox above.

Mesa needs to sort himself out. Make sure he shows why we've paid £11m for him. Train hard, cut out the mistakes, lose a bit of weight and arrogance.

There's a player in there that's clear but it means nothing without the above. A bit like your posts really.

Talk football or move along.

Also, your last paragraph doesn't make any sense.

For the last time, final edit, then press "add reply".
Mesa on 08:25 - Aug 22 with 1857 viewsnantywatcher

Mesa on 07:16 - Aug 22 by Nirvana

- broke up play
- shielded the backline

Please don't tell me that is anything other than a wind up
. Superb performance - what!!!
Mesa on 08:30 - Aug 22 with 1842 viewsNirvana

Mesa on 08:25 - Aug 22 by nantywatcher

Please don't tell me that is anything other than a wind up
. Superb performance - what!!!

Watch the game back, with a close eye on Mesa.

I did, and I wrote down what I saw.

He was the best player on the pitch for us when he went off, and aside from one poor backpass didn't put a foot wrong.

It wasn't a coincidence Man U attacked right down the middle, to great effect, once it was just Fer/Carroll in midfield.

Not a wind up, just the facts.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 8:48]
Mesa on 08:49 - Aug 22 with 1805 viewsMorfa_Same

It was a 'settling in' performance from Mesa. Neat and tidy but not standout.

It was his first match playing in a new team and new country. He'll gain in confidence once he settles in so let's just see how it goes over the next few months before rushing to judge him.

I'd have left him on for 90 minutes to help build his confidence and understanding with his team-mates. I just hope Clement is willing to give him a run in the side.
Mesa on 08:53 - Aug 22 with 1792 viewsawayjack

Mesa on 08:49 - Aug 22 by Morfa_Same

It was his first match playing in a new team and new country. He'll gain in confidence once he settles in so let's just see how it goes over the next few months before rushing to judge him.

I'd have left him on for 90 minutes to help build his confidence and understanding with his team-mates. I just hope Clement is willing to give him a run in the side.

Balanced summary. Thought Mesa showed some promise but hardly 'superb'. Also looked a little tired and slight limp just before subbed. Enough to see potential of him coming good.
Mesa on 08:56 - Aug 22 with 1784 viewsNirvana

Mesa on 08:49 - Aug 22 by Morfa_Same

Neat and tidy from that position (and in that game) was the standout though, Morfa.

As others said, if it was Leon everyone would've raved about the performance. That is true.

I have said from before we signed him we need to be patient with him and support him through the eventual mistakes he will make. That hasn't changed.

But he is quality, I've seen it many times with my own eyes, and anyone saying otherwise is flat-out wrong. Not saying you are.

I'm pretty confident Clement views him highly, he's only ever said really positive things about Mesa.

I have very high hopes for him and us, and we'll just have to see if it comes to fruition.
Mesa on 09:10 - Aug 22 with 1752 viewsdameedna

Been put off my sride by the last series of comments now feel shy about praising Mesa's performance. Very good intro and seriously good player. Nailed on starter for me was blowing out of his a rse but hardly a crticism. One of his passes to Ayew had me purring.
Mesa on 09:26 - Aug 22 with 1726 viewsNirvana

Mesa on 09:10 - Aug 22 by dameedna

Been put off my sride by the last series of comments now feel shy about praising Mesa's performance. Very good intro and seriously good player. Nailed on starter for me was blowing out of his a rse but hardly a crticism. One of his passes to Ayew had me purring.

He's quality, Dameedna.

We need not worry about him this season, I'm sure.

Some of his touches and passes were exceptional, and I would've loved to have seen him go fhe full 90 too.

But I think he took a few knocks throughout the match, and that's why he came off.

C'est la vie, Palace on Saturday, hopefully he's healthy enough to start.
Mesa on 12:15 - Aug 22 with 1650 viewsjack247

A 'settling in' debut was a good way to put it. One nightmare pass aside, he did pretty well. He wasn't quite up to speed, but I don't think many were expecting him to be. Looked like he will be an asset for us when he has got used to the league.

It certainly wasn't a debut to purr over and contrary to what some have said, I think if Leon played like that, we would be calling it an off game. I remember half this board wetting themselves over Grimes' 5 minute cameo debut. Think they were seeing what they wanted to see, maybe the same could be said of Mesa on Saturday.
Mesa on 12:26 - Aug 22 with 1619 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The point was he had a very experienced Bartley to assist him and they worked well as a partnership.
Once they went off we were too light weight in the centre to hold the talent that ManU have spent £100M+ on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024