Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totally undeserved scoreline 14:12 - Aug 19 with 4037 viewsMrSwerve

In my opinion. We passed the ball well and defended well for much of the game.

What it does show though is how threadbare our bench is.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:14 - Aug 19 with 3443 viewsmacthejack

Agree completely. Still gives people a good chance to cry for a week.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:14 - Aug 19 with 3443 views34dfgdf54

Really, really poor substitutions by Clement today.

He said we wouldn't be getting tonked 3 / 4 nil under his management, but his changes caused this today. He'll learn though.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:17 - Aug 19 with 3427 viewsMrSwerve

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:14 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Really, really poor substitutions by Clement today.

He said we wouldn't be getting tonked 3 / 4 nil under his management, but his changes caused this today. He'll learn though.

I don't think he can win in this situation. He made changes to chase the game. It's the personnel that he had available to bring on is what the problem is in my opinion.

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:19 - Aug 19 with 3392 views34dfgdf54

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:17 - Aug 19 by MrSwerve

I don't think he can win in this situation. He made changes to chase the game. It's the personnel that he had available to bring on is what the problem is in my opinion.

Took off the wrong players though. Fer has had an absolute nightmare and his mistake killed the game.

Maybe Mesa could only last 60 though.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:28 - Aug 19 with 3259 viewsRobert

Ball possession 40-60
Shots 6-17
Shots on target 1-8
Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:29 - Aug 19 with 3255 viewsdobjack2

Can't legislate for Fer having a brainfart for the second and carroll's assist for the third either.

Adding llorente and ki to that squad still leaves us well short of quality and legs in midfield.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:32 - Aug 19 with 3223 viewsawayjack

Marginally better than Soton, but we just don't have enough quality in the starting 11 let alone the bench. I'm not sure what else PC could do, albiet Routs lost the ball 5 times out of 7 and McBurnie almost feel over unopposed on I think only touch. Our squad is the weakest v peers since we've been in PL. The performance was better than Soton but we still give Utd huge amounts of space and complete MF control in 2nd half. They took their chances unlike Soton but I'm not sure why it's an unfair score. They have quality strikers / AM who also missed quite a few chances. Two easier games on paper, so let's see how we perform. Llorente should give us more control holding ball up and naturally ability to head crosses on target.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:38 - Aug 19 with 3180 viewsDr_Winston

Substitute Kyle Bartley at your own risk...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:42 - Aug 19 with 3152 viewsmagicdaps10

Undeserved or not....the scoreline is reality.

Our squad is painfully lacking in depth of quality. We need players in defence, midfield and attack as it stands.

We have lost Siggy, not scored in 2 games with only 1 shot on target.........a big defeat today. A lot of opposition fans will be looking at us and thinking that we could be going down.

Big week and a half for the club........its going to be busy thats for sure.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:48 - Aug 19 with 3108 viewsNeath_Jack

Blame this result firmly at the Yanks door.

We were crying out for quality additions, but we've dithered whilst waiting for Golden Bollocks fee to be agreed. They should have dipped into their own pot 6 f*cking weeks ago.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:51 - Aug 19 with 3089 viewsNeathJack

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:48 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

We were crying out for quality additions, but we've dithered whilst waiting for Golden Bollocks fee to be agreed. They should have dipped into their own pot 6 f*cking weeks ago.

Absolutely this.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:53 - Aug 19 with 3053 viewsMrSwerve

Indeed.

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:56 - Aug 19 with 3022 viewsunion_jack

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:42 - Aug 19 by magicdaps10

Undeserved or not....the scoreline is reality.

Our squad is painfully lacking in depth of quality. We need players in defence, midfield and attack as it stands.

We have lost Siggy, not scored in 2 games with only 1 shot on target.........a big defeat today. A lot of opposition fans will be looking at us and thinking that we could be going down.

Big week and a half for the club........its going to be busy thats for sure.

Don't necessarily agree with that. Other sides will know this `Utd side have few weaknesses in their game. They'll also see that e=we'd kept them down to one goal for then great majority of the game and that our dubs changed our structure allowing Utd moire freedom.

And I'll say this. The score wouldn't have been that much different if Siggy and Llorente were on imo. We can't say if it wasn't for Siggy leaving.......!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Totally undeserved scoreline on 15:00 - Aug 19 with 2987 viewsmagicdaps10

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:56 - Aug 19 by union_jack

Don't necessarily agree with that. Other sides will know this `Utd side have few weaknesses in their game. They'll also see that e=we'd kept them down to one goal for then great majority of the game and that our dubs changed our structure allowing Utd moire freedom.

And I'll say this. The score wouldn't have been that much different if Siggy and Llorente were on imo. We can't say if it wasn't for Siggy leaving.......!

Thats the issue, we didnt have Siggy or Llorente.

The squad has no depth. As stated further back, one or two extra additions should have been brought in before we sold Siggy.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Totally undeserved scoreline on 15:22 - Aug 19 with 2888 viewsjack2jack

Exactly what I said to the missus on the way back,thought the scoreline at the end was a little harsh on us,I'm not saying we don't have issues,but harsh non the less.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 15:22 - Aug 19 with 2884 viewssomersetsimon

What pot is this? We know the owners have never said they would put extra money in to buy players.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 15:24 - Aug 19 with 2853 viewsSmellyplumz

Totally undeserved scoreline on 14:38 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Substitute Kyle Bartley at your own risk...

Never thought I'd read that sentence.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Totally undeserved scoreline on 15:25 - Aug 19 with 2832 viewssP7qupUf

Spot on.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 16:18 - Aug 19 with 2648 viewsNeath_Jack

Totally undeserved scoreline on 15:22 - Aug 19 by somersetsimon

What pot is this? We know the owners have never said they would put extra money in to buy players.

They are very wealthy chaps, one would assume, so they could, and should have dipped into their own pot. They could have been reimbursed once the golden bollocks deal went through.

Please don't mistake me as being one of the divs that thought that the sell out was an investment, you're barking up the wrong tree if you are.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Totally undeserved scoreline on 16:30 - Aug 19 with 2592 viewsDr_Winston

If holding out to the later stages of the window and using the funds from Gylfi#s sale means we don't end up in any kind of debt to the Americans, no matter how short term, then that's what needs to happen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Totally undeserved scoreline on 16:36 - Aug 19 with 2554 viewsheadcleaner

both mesa and fer were blowing out of their backsides before 60 minutes and united were bypassing our midfield at will. Gutted with the score line and hate losing but if it helps the board to spend a bit then I'll take a defeat to man you
Totally undeserved scoreline on 16:51 - Aug 19 with 2493 viewsJack_Kass

I don't know when it startrd but there is an air of over pretentious, self entitlement from our fanbase recently

'Scoring goals from set pieces is rubbish' - well we havent scored a goal from anywhere yet, so ill take rubbish at the moment

'Didn't deserve to lose by 4' - what else do you deserve when the other team sticks it in your net 4 times?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Totally undeserved scoreline on 17:50 - Aug 19 with 2346 viewsBytholWyn

It's strange, but considering the scoreline I don't feel that disheartened. Mesa showed enough defensively for me to suggest he will be an asset. The wing-back system worked very well considering that we've hardly ever played with 5 at the back during our entire tenure in the Premier League. That says a lot about Clement's coaching ability.

Clement went for broke with the change to a 4-4-2 without a holding midfielder. It ultimately cost us, but leading up to the crucial second we looked threatening at times. He probably should have delayed the change for a further 10 minutes or so.

Yes, we obviously need to strengthen, and today re-inforces that. But that would have been the case even if we'd miraculously won. We also have Llorente, Britton and Ki to come back.

The main thing that gives me confidence for the season ahead is that I have confidence in Clement's competence. We should be comfortable with a few decent additions to the squad.
Totally undeserved scoreline on 17:58 - Aug 19 with 2311 viewslonglostjack

Totally undeserved scoreline on 17:50 - Aug 19 by BytholWyn

It's strange, but considering the scoreline I don't feel that disheartened. Mesa showed enough defensively for me to suggest he will be an asset. The wing-back system worked very well considering that we've hardly ever played with 5 at the back during our entire tenure in the Premier League. That says a lot about Clement's coaching ability.

Clement went for broke with the change to a 4-4-2 without a holding midfielder. It ultimately cost us, but leading up to the crucial second we looked threatening at times. He probably should have delayed the change for a further 10 minutes or so.

Yes, we obviously need to strengthen, and today re-inforces that. But that would have been the case even if we'd miraculously won. We also have Llorente, Britton and Ki to come back.

The main thing that gives me confidence for the season ahead is that I have confidence in Clement's competence. We should be comfortable with a few decent additions to the squad.

Bang on.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Totally undeserved scoreline on 17:58 - Aug 19 with 2306 viewsjack247

I don't think they've got much of a pot and even if they do, I wouldn't want them lending the club money, which I assume is the only way to do it while they aren't sole owners?

Agree with the gist of your post though. What they should have done is sold Siggy 6 weeks ago, or at least shortly after the initial bid.

Also agree with blaming them for the state of the squad. I thought they started this transfer window really well, moving out Gomis, Tabanou, Amat and Borja. Then we signed Mesa and recouped most of it via Cork. They've really fcked up from that point on though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024