Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was quite encouraged by today. 16:51 - Aug 19 with 5363 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yeah the result doesn't look good but for 75 minutes we competed well and after last week that was encouraging. The formation worked while we kept it but things fell apart when Clement made the subs. But he had to try something as we were chasing the game. I'd like to see Llorente up top with Abrahams doing what Ayew absolutely failed to do today. The obvious main worry is where the goals are coming from. It wasn't a 4/0 game today.

Poll: Tory leader

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:52 - Aug 19 with 2870 viewsJackfath

I agree with you my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:54 - Aug 19 with 2860 viewsunion_jack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:52 - Aug 19 by Jackfath

I agree with you my friend.

And so do I.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:56 - Aug 19 with 2851 viewsWandererJack

I was a lot more concerned leaving St Mary's last week than I was leaving the Liberty today.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 2802 viewsawayjack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:54 - Aug 19 by union_jack

And so do I.

Whilst we looked better in patches than last week, we lost 4-0 and had 1 shot on target. We've beaten ManU in 3 of our last 6 matches. Have our expectations fallen so low, we're satisfied after being outclassed and losing 4-0 at home. Each to their own I suppose if it makes you feel better.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 2799 viewsrob

It was a 0 - 4 game though.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 2797 viewsSwanzay

Ditto!
I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 2793 viewsJack_Kass

How was it not a 0-4 game? Im curious as to why this line is being trotted out.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:00 - Aug 19 with 2784 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:59 - Aug 19 by awayjack

Whilst we looked better in patches than last week, we lost 4-0 and had 1 shot on target. We've beaten ManU in 3 of our last 6 matches. Have our expectations fallen so low, we're satisfied after being outclassed and losing 4-0 at home. Each to their own I suppose if it makes you feel better.

I said I was encouraged, not satisfied. No one is going to be satisfied after losing, 4-0 or otherwise.

Login to get fewer ads

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:01 - Aug 19 with 2768 viewscontroversial_jack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:59 - Aug 19 by awayjack

A solid performance until the goals went in, but there's not a lot of quality
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:03 - Aug 19 with 2748 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:59 - Aug 19 by Jack_Kass

How was it not a 0-4 game? Im curious as to why this line is being trotted out.

It's a figure of speech, a comment on how the game panned out for the most part until United scored three in four minutes. It's not meant as a literal statement of fact. Obviously.

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:04 - Aug 19 with 2726 viewsrob

I get what you are saying btw.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:04 - Aug 19 with 2726 viewsJBT95

Their first goal came at a bad time and it was a bit of luck.

Pogba could've walked 50mins before they scored their second.

We gave up at 2-0 sadly and don't think the change of shape helped with that.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 17:14]
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:05 - Aug 19 with 2722 viewsRancid

Quite encouraged after a 4-0 home defeat and to a side we always compete with and quite often beat? It's ridiculous to think we're doomed after 2 games, I fully understand but still feel it.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:05 - Aug 19 with 2719 viewsLoyal

We were majestic at times, very well organised, Bartley was excellent, Mesa too.
Against weaker sides we will get results.
But we need two more attacking players in.

No disgrace, Man Utd done us in five minutes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:05 - Aug 19 with 2721 viewsPrivate_Partz

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:00 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

I said I was encouraged, not satisfied. No one is going to be satisfied after losing, 4-0 or otherwise.

I feel the same. We played them far better than WHU did and only a tactical error by Clem let them run riot.
We have the basis of a decent team but we need to strengthen our threadbare squad. 4 or 5 players I would say now we have layed so many off.
Trouble is for me is that Jenkins is in charge of this and I have no faith in him whatsoever. Whilst encouraged by the performance the alarm bells are ringing neverthelessfor me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:07 - Aug 19 with 2698 viewsDr_Winston

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:05 - Aug 19 by Private_Partz

I feel the same. We played them far better than WHU did and only a tactical error by Clem let them run riot.
We have the basis of a decent team but we need to strengthen our threadbare squad. 4 or 5 players I would say now we have layed so many off.
Trouble is for me is that Jenkins is in charge of this and I have no faith in him whatsoever. Whilst encouraged by the performance the alarm bells are ringing neverthelessfor me.

I don't see us having a season anything like as bad as the last one even if we don't sign any more players, but there's no doubt that three quality additions would make a comfortable mid table finish far more likely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:10 - Aug 19 with 2671 viewsgiantstoneater

Bartley surprised me he played quite well and I thought Fernandes played really well and was our pick Mesa improved after a slow start but I think he lacked options further up so all too often had to move it sideways, we really do lack a playmaker and someone who can play off Tammy. Naughton looked a lot happier in that system but lack of quality off the bench was our undoing and a back tactical choice from the manager. There is no doubt we need fresh blood lets see if the board can deliver.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:11 - Aug 19 with 2661 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:05 - Aug 19 by Rancid

Quite encouraged after a 4-0 home defeat and to a side we always compete with and quite often beat? It's ridiculous to think we're doomed after 2 games, I fully understand but still feel it.

It's like you've agreed and disagreed with me in two sentences.

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:13 - Aug 19 with 2633 viewsRancid

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:11 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

It's like you've agreed and disagreed with me in two sentences.

I can't see where but you're cleverer than me so I'll take it on the chin.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:23 - Aug 19 with 2581 viewsOldjack

that scoreline flattered them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 2554 viewslifelong

I was still concerned how many times we gave the ball away today.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:26 - Aug 19 with 2549 views34dfgdf54

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:07 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

I don't see us having a season anything like as bad as the last one even if we don't sign any more players, but there's no doubt that three quality additions would make a comfortable mid table finish far more likely.

I do, nowhere near enough goals in the current side. Our performances haven't been bad, but when you're in a rout it is difficult to get out of in this league.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:35 - Aug 19 with 2472 viewslondonlisa2001

Bit of a curate's egg for me.

Mesa did quite well until he ran out of steam a bit, FF and Naughton did well on our right, Bartley was surprisingly impressive, Mawson was the weakest of our centre backs i thought - he made a few silly mistakes, although his distribution is generally good.

For me the weakest links were Fer and Carroll. Need a strong, powerful midefield in that formation, and there were a few times where they just got brushed off the ball and they lost too many 50:50 challenges. Upfront Ayew is a willing runner, but little end product today, and Tammy looked like he needs quite a few 20 minute cameos for a while rather than a starting position, for all I think he's hugely talented.

Off the bench though - dear me. Narsingh is another of our wunderkind wingers isn't he - all fur coat and no knickers, whereas Routs today had neither his coat nor his knickers as far as I could see. McBurnie - out of his depth, by a mile.

Liked the formation - both Olsson and Naughton suit the wing back role and it circumvents our less than talented wide players. Hoping we shift out Montero and possibly Dyer to create more room in wage bill.

I think we need 1 x centre midfield (Ki also to come back) if we are going to play 3 at the back, 1 x forward (McBurnie to go on loan), 1 x creative / wide midfielder. Ideally we also need another right back, but just can't see that many players coming in.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 17:37]
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:35 - Aug 19 with 2469 viewsHighjack

Very concerning we've played around 190 minutes of football and barely got out of our own half, let alone look like scoring.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:36 - Aug 19 with 2455 viewssP7qupUf

I was quite encouraged by today. on 16:56 - Aug 19 by WandererJack

I was a lot more concerned leaving St Mary's last week than I was leaving the Liberty today.

So was I.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024