Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was quite encouraged by today. 16:51 - Aug 19 with 5365 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yeah the result doesn't look good but for 75 minutes we competed well and after last week that was encouraging. The formation worked while we kept it but things fell apart when Clement made the subs. But he had to try something as we were chasing the game. I'd like to see Llorente up top with Abrahams doing what Ayew absolutely failed to do today. The obvious main worry is where the goals are coming from. It wasn't a 4/0 game today.

Poll: Tory leader

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:37 - Aug 19 with 1445 viewsE20Jack

You would like to see Llorente up front with Abraham's what, ECB?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 17:37]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:37 - Aug 19 with 1445 viewslonglostjack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:25 - Aug 19 by lifelong

I was still concerned how many times we gave the ball away today.

That's true. But on the whole with a couple of good signings and providing Llorente stays we should have more options and be OK. Feel more confident this week than after the game last week.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:41 - Aug 19 with 1426 viewsPrivate_Partz

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:07 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

I don't see us having a season anything like as bad as the last one even if we don't sign any more players, but there's no doubt that three quality additions would make a comfortable mid table finish far more likely.

Hope you are right Doc. Sounds a tad optimistic to me. We would have to avoid injuries as well....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:45 - Aug 19 with 1416 viewsDr_Winston

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:41 - Aug 19 by Private_Partz

Hope you are right Doc. Sounds a tad optimistic to me. We would have to avoid injuries as well....

Maybe I am.

Just saw enough improvement in the performances in the second half of last season to suggest that Clement is capable of getting 40 points out of them, and that's without the additions of Abraham and Mesa. Yes we've lost Siggy, but moving away from a dependence on set pieces isn't a bad thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:50 - Aug 19 with 1408 viewsZZoric

great to see an upbeat positive thread

can see Joe Allen adding some much needed nous, dynamism and creativity in front of that structured back-line
I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:54 - Aug 19 with 1398 viewsEilian

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:50 - Aug 19 by ZZoric

can see Joe Allen adding some much needed nous, dynamism and creativity in front of that structured back-line

yeah, but £££

I don't think we will splash that amount of cash. Anyway, Its goals and someone to create chances we really need.

I wish we could just buy the players tonight. Flip foot ball is frustrating sometimes.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:03 - Aug 19 with 1374 viewsjack247

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:50 - Aug 19 by ZZoric

Are we signing Joe Allen again now? Or is it Bony, or Chadli, or all of them? I kind of lose track.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:05 - Aug 19 with 1361 viewsZZoric

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:54 - Aug 19 by Eilian

yeah, but £££

I don't think we will splash that amount of cash. Anyway, Its goals and someone to create chances we really need.

I wish we could just buy the players tonight. Flip foot ball is frustrating sometimes.

yeah, but.....
in the last 7 mins Allen's driven thru the heart of the arsenal midfield from deep - to create a series of opportunities; and as i write chased down a lost cause, beaten 2 players and earned a free kick on the edge of the box

plenty of "chance creation"
Login to get fewer ads

I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:05 - Aug 19 with 1356 viewsHighjack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:54 - Aug 19 by Eilian

yeah, but £££

We'll drag it out til the very last minute of deadline day then victoriously announce enner Valencia again.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:12 - Aug 19 with 1331 views3swan

Not sure if encouraged is the word I would use, but I know where you’re coming from.
At the start of last season I thought it would end in relegation. I did see enough today that doesn’t make me feel the same this season. Obviously the squad is bare and signings are needed, but until the subs I thought our performance was solid. OK we weren’t taking the game to them, but did look a good unit. Let’s not forget the amount of money United have paid to put their squad together.
Players were tiring but imo to make 2 subs and change the formation was a mistake. Maybe Fulton for Messa?
Early days but we must hope that the right players are brought in and only squad players going out.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:35 - Aug 19 with 1299 viewsunion_jack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:12 - Aug 19 by 3swan

Not sure if encouraged is the word I would use, but I know where you’re coming from.
At the start of last season I thought it would end in relegation. I did see enough today that doesn’t make me feel the same this season. Obviously the squad is bare and signings are needed, but until the subs I thought our performance was solid. OK we weren’t taking the game to them, but did look a good unit. Let’s not forget the amount of money United have paid to put their squad together.
Players were tiring but imo to make 2 subs and change the formation was a mistake. Maybe Fulton for Messa?
Early days but we must hope that the right players are brought in and only squad players going out.

Excellently put. My thoughts exactly.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:37 - Aug 19 with 1295 viewsJBG

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:05 - Aug 19 by Loyal

We were majestic at times, very well organised, Bartley was excellent, Mesa too.
Against weaker sides we will get results.
But we need two more attacking players in.

No disgrace, Man Utd done us in five minutes.

No Clement done us, stupid subs we where doing OK with a chance of a break away goal
I was quite encouraged by today. on 18:42 - Aug 19 with 1284 viewsawayjack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 17:00 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

I said I was encouraged, not satisfied. No one is going to be satisfied after losing, 4-0 or otherwise.

Fair enough. I know it's Man U but our peers seem far more competitive against too teams re Burlet at Chelsea etc.. I'm losing track on who are PL peers are. It used to be Stoke, Soto, WBA etc. Now we've been overtaken by likes of Palace, Watford and Bournemouth in terms of appetite/ability to recruit players. I guess it's Burnley and new boys like Huddersfield and Brighton but even they are spending more than us. I now it's no surprise with our Board, but I don't understand why so many fans don't seem to care.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 19:06 - Aug 19 with 1253 viewssherpajacob

The BBC sport feed 70-80 minutes, we were well in the game.

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
78 mins
The Swansea fans trying to rouse their troops for the final 12 minutes.

"Paul Clement's barmy army," they sing.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
77 mins
Romelu Lukaku has not had a sniff today.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
76 mins
Phil Jones rushed into a clearance by Tammy Abraham as Swansea look to build pressure again.

Can they nick one late on?
Get Involved
#bbcfootball

SUBSTITUTION
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
74 mins
Changes for United.

Marcus Rashford, roundly booed, and Juan Mata make way for Marouane Fellaini and Anthony Martial.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
73 mins
Paul Pogba smacks his free-kick narrowly over.

Close.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
73 mins
Paul Pogba is over the free kick...
YELLOW CARD
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
72 mins
Daley Blind smacks a first time drive over from 25 yards out.

On the follow up, Leroy Fer catches the left-back and gets booked.
CLOSE!
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
70 mins
Tom Carroll swings in nicely shaped corner, which comes off Nemanja Matic for another...

...and the next one should be in the back of the net, but two Swansea players both miss their kicks from six yards out.

Jordan Ayew and Tammy Abraham are the guilty duo.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
69 mins
Swansea are not out of this and just need a ball to drop nicely to them inside the area.

Maybe it will from this corner...

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 19:44 - Aug 19 with 1212 viewsmahoss

All today showed was how brittle the confidence is in this team at the moment.
We are in desperate need of some quality,a game changer,we don't have any
because they cost.
We need 3-4 quality players I'm afraid.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 20:13 - Aug 19 with 1167 viewsphact0rri

For me it didn't feel so much that are confidence was sapped. because after we switched off for those three goals we seemed to get back into it, and shifted back on those last minutes even though we'd already lost the match. and that too felt a positive to me.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

I was quite encouraged by today. on 20:21 - Aug 19 with 1157 viewsmahoss

I was quite encouraged by today. on 20:13 - Aug 19 by phact0rri

For me it didn't feel so much that are confidence was sapped. because after we switched off for those three goals we seemed to get back into it, and shifted back on those last minutes even though we'd already lost the match. and that too felt a positive to me.

I'm not saying there weren't any positives from today,
but it's painfully obvious that we haven't got enough
at the moment,and the players heads dropped after number 2.
There's only so many misplaced passes and mistakes that we can
get away with before it starts hurting us.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 20:38 - Aug 19 with 1128 viewsJonTheJack

I understand the overall sentiment of the OP, and I too felt it somewhat. But that is only due to how shite we are generally. Our squad needs serious work. I think we may scrape through again this year playing drawball under a very competent manager.

I really can't see how people can say Fernandez had a good game. What the living feck was he doing for the first goal. Just do something. I'd rathe see him put it into his own net trying to deal with it compared to the absolute apathy he showed. He also went walkies again for the second dealing with something that was Mawson's job leaving Lukaku completely free. And he was named captain to top it off.

I will say I was impressed by Naughton today; I thought he had a very good game and looks like he could be an asset when we play with wing backs.

TLDR; FECKING INVEST IN THE SQUAD
I was quite encouraged by today. on 20:43 - Aug 19 with 1124 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 19:06 - Aug 19 by sherpajacob

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
78 mins

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
77 mins
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
76 mins
Phil Jones rushed into a clearance by Tammy Abraham as Swansea look to build pressure again.

Get Involved
#bbcfootball

SUBSTITUTION
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
74 mins
Changes for United.

Marcus Rashford, roundly booed, and Juan Mata make way for Marouane Fellaini and Anthony Martial.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
73 mins

Close.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
73 mins
YELLOW CARD
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
72 mins

CLOSE!
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
70 mins
Tom Carroll swings in nicely shaped corner, which comes off Nemanja Matic for another...

...and the next one should be in the back of the net, but two Swansea players both miss their kicks from six yards out.

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
69 mins
Swansea are not out of this and just need a ball to drop nicely to them inside the area.

Amazingly like the Spurs game last season. There we ran out of steam after constant Spurs pressure but today it was all down to us madly changing shape and tactics.

I actually thought we were bizarrely getting the upper hand between 70 and 80 minutes.
No need to panic at all, Mesa though admittedly after a slow start slowly grew into the game and with better options in front of him would have had even more impact on the game. For all I've criticized Fernandez over the last couple of years his performance today was outstanding. Mawson maybe not so but maybe playing three at the back confused him a bit. We have some good players but after the deadwood cull we need 4 or 5 more to fill the gaps on the field and the bench. More creativity is a must at AM though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I was quite encouraged by today. on 21:38 - Aug 19 with 1063 viewsvetchonian

I was quite encouraged by today. on 19:06 - Aug 19 by sherpajacob

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
78 mins

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
77 mins
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
76 mins

Get Involved
#bbcfootball

SUBSTITUTION
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
74 mins
Changes for United.

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
73 mins

Close.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
73 mins
YELLOW CARD
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
72 mins

CLOSE!
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
70 mins

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd
Posted at
69 mins

So our best chances for scoring are from set pieces

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

I was quite encouraged by today. on 21:44 - Aug 19 with 1050 viewsBytholWyn

"I actually thought we were bizarrely getting the upper hand between 70 and 80 minutes." I thought the same way - and that was after the double substitution on 67 minutes. So, Clement's change wasn't entirely wrong-headed. He should have just made it a bit later (perhaps on 75 minutes rather than 67) - we only needed a goal after all.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 21:48 - Aug 19 with 1042 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I was quite encouraged by today. on 21:38 - Aug 19 by vetchonian

So our best chances for scoring are from set pieces

I thought our best two chances came from open play

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I was quite encouraged by today. on 22:00 - Aug 19 with 1014 viewsQJumpingJack

There is no spine to the team.
New players are needed this week as we need to get something at Palace.
I was quite encouraged by today. on 22:19 - Aug 19 with 980 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was quite encouraged by today. on 22:00 - Aug 19 by QJumpingJack

There is no spine to the team.
New players are needed this week as we need to get something at Palace.

Well said, Chiswick.

Poll: Tory leader

I was quite encouraged by today. on 22:33 - Aug 19 with 940 viewsLoyal

There is no room for Routledge in this side.
A simple narsingh switch today with Mesa would have been more fruitful with Bartley staying on or moving up to midfield.
Oh fck, I don't know.
It was never a 4-0.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024