Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need two number 10s to replace Siggy 21:39 - Aug 19 with 2531 viewsBytholWyn

Quite apart from Siggy's obvious quality one of the things we will miss with his departure is his availability. We simply haven't needed an alternative number 10, simply because, like Williams before him, he hardly ever got injured or suspended and played practically every game for us.

We cannot assume that we will have such good fortune with Siggy's replacement. On that basis we should be looking to bring in two replacements, not one. I very much doubt that the board shares my thinking, but there we go.

My suggestion for a budget squad no 10 would be Jonny Williams - who isn't getting any game time under De Boer, in spite of just signing a two-year contract extension. He should be available for a few million tops (perhaps with generous add-ons). He would be a bit of a gamble with his injury woes - but he has the quality.
We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 21:40 - Aug 19 with 2524 viewsHighjack

As opposed to ten number twos which is what we have at the moment.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 21:46 - Aug 19 with 2486 viewsBytholWyn

We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 21:40 - Aug 19 by Highjack

We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 21:46 - Aug 19 with 2486 viewsZZoric

10 number twos is overdoing it - we're not that sh*t
We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 22:00 - Aug 19 with 2444 viewsBytholWyn

Whether or not you agree with my suggestion of Jonny Williams as a squad number 10, do you not agree that we need two players for the number 10 role. I can see Clement being tempted to use any of Routledge, Ki, Fer, Abraham, Ayew or Carroll for the role - but I'm not convinced that any of these could stand in for whoever we get in to replace Siggy. Perhaps Abraham could play off Bony, or possibly Llorente - but he will need to up the defensive side of his game.
We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 22:01 - Aug 19 with 2427 viewsNeath_Jack

We all dream of a team of number 10's, a team of number 10's....

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

We need two number 10s to replace Siggy (n/t) on 22:22 - Aug 19 with 2351 viewsjack247

We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 22:25 - Aug 19 with 2335 viewsjack247

We don't necessarily need someone to play behind the striker threading balls through. Doesn't have to be a traditional #10. We definitely do need more creativity though, whether it comes from a #10, deeper midfielders or wide players.
We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 22:41 - Aug 19 with 2289 viewsLoyal

Worthy 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

We need two number 10s to replace Siggy on 22:48 - Aug 19 with 2258 viewsNeathJack

Will one number 20 do?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024