Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blatant statement or failed gamble? 23:38 - Aug 19 with 2614 viewsYossarian

Were Clement's substitutions simply a gamble that didn't come off or another clear statement to the clueless kents in the West Stand that the squad is painfully short of genuine PL standard? Apparently Mourinho called for our Board to back the Manager with cash- so was Clement moaning to Jose as well?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 23:42 - Aug 19 with 2587 viewsDarran

You are The Res on crack and I claim my five pounds.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 23:45 - Aug 19 with 2569 viewsYossarian

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 23:42 - Aug 19 by Darran

Interesting concept....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 02:32 - Aug 20 with 2481 viewsDJack

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 23:42 - Aug 19 by Darran

...and you are Huw and I claim my 5 million.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Blatant statement or failed gamble? (n/t) on 04:39 - Aug 20 with 2420 viewsJethroJack

Maybe losing 0-4 will turn out to be a blessing in disguise?
Hope so.
If we'd lost 0-1 or managed a late 1-1 draw, its not hard to imagine the clowns on the board taking the simplistic view that the squad was strong enough.
Buy some quality players asap FFS.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 4:51]
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 07:52 - Aug 20 with 2237 viewsjack247

I think it was a bit of both to be honest.

He was going to have to do something, as although we were competing, they looked pretty comfortable at 1-0 against a team with an isolated centre forward and 5 at the back.

I thought it came a bit sooner than I expected and to be fair, Mesa looked like he was tiring. Everyone knew it wasn't going to work though and coupled with the changes last week, it certainly sends a message about squad depth.
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 07:55 - Aug 20 with 2231 viewskarnataka

At 0-1 after 70 minutes, we were obviously still in the game and Lukaku had barely been involved. Maybe Clement thought that by being a bit more positive, we could get a point. Bartley had had a decent game and the 3 at the back plan was working although it meant we were short of numbers up front. Once Bartley had gone off, we conceded 3 within 10 minutes. Makes you wonder what the score might have been if we'd started with a conventional back 4. Failed gamble for me.
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 2062 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 07:55 - Aug 20 by karnataka

At 0-1 after 70 minutes, we were obviously still in the game and Lukaku had barely been involved. Maybe Clement thought that by being a bit more positive, we could get a point. Bartley had had a decent game and the 3 at the back plan was working although it meant we were short of numbers up front. Once Bartley had gone off, we conceded 3 within 10 minutes. Makes you wonder what the score might have been if we'd started with a conventional back 4. Failed gamble for me.

What does it say about our squad when the Player ratings make Kyle Bartley Man Of the Match?
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:26 - Aug 20 with 2047 viewsexiledclaseboy

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:24 - Aug 20 by A_Fans_Dad

What does it say about our squad when the Player ratings make Kyle Bartley Man Of the Match?

I think it means that Kyle Bartley played very well yesterday.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:29 - Aug 20 with 2030 viewsraynor94

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:24 - Aug 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Bartley was excellent yesterday, I can't see what point you trying to make

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:46 - Aug 20 with 1953 viewsdobjack2

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:29 - Aug 20 by raynor94

Bartley was excellent yesterday, I can't see what point you trying to make

I suspect that the poster doesn't rate Bartley therefore if he was our best player it says a lot about the way the others played.
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:47 - Aug 20 with 1950 viewsPegojack

You can't knock the manager for wanting to do more up front by taking a gamble and changing the formation, but with the benefit of hindsight, I think the best option would have been to stick with the same formation and sub Mesa if he was getting leggy. Our best chance of getting something from the game at 1-0 down was to keep it tight and try and nick something from a set piece.

Having said that, who did we have to bring on in place of Mesa in that formation? Fulton, presumably, which doesn't fill me with enthusiasm, despite the lad being a hard worker.

The bench yesterday highlighted the total lack of strength in depth and if we don't spend the Siggy cash wisely in the next ten days, I fear this year it's us for the trapdoor. Watching MOTD this morning, it was noticeable how well several of our rivals in the second tier of the Prem have strengthened their squads. Watford look full of pace and flair up front, and Stoke seem to have signed a gem on loan in Jese, who played a huge part in beating the Arse.

The only teams who look at our level or worse so far are Brighton, Palace, Newcastle and Bournemouth. West Ham also look a bit dishevelled, but they have the resources to do better. Worrying times.
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:53 - Aug 20 with 1928 viewsraynor94

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:46 - Aug 20 by dobjack2

I suspect that the poster doesn't rate Bartley therefore if he was our best player it says a lot about the way the others played.

I think that's blatantly obvious, but why judge him on the Bartley of the season before last, I wasn't his greatest fan, but he was excellent yesterday, so why such a negative remark

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:58 - Aug 20 with 1905 viewsmagicdaps10

I dont think Clement would be that silly to make a statement with substitutions, this is a multi million pound business not a lower league throw your toys out of the pram......every point is gold here.

One thing I have noticed over the last few weeks us that Clement is not happy at all with the situation.....thatis blatantly obvious.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 10:03 - Aug 20 with 1879 viewsLoyal

Clement has already admitted blame for the switch.
Move on.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 10:11 - Aug 20 with 1839 viewsjackrabbit

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 07:55 - Aug 20 by karnataka

I think the problem was that Mawson and Fernandez didn't notice that Bartley (who was excellent) had gone off, and there was a big hole where he'd been.
Lukaku was suddenly freed up as was Pogba and we know the rest. Whatever the manager's motive it couldn't have sent a starker message to the Board.

They can send on Fellaini and Martial. We send on Narsingh and McBurnie.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 10:13]
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 10:34 - Aug 20 with 1783 viewsBillyChong

To be fair Clement is dealing with the cards he's been dealt. Mesa, not ready for the league last week yet started yesterday. McBurnie off the bench. Abraham up top again unproven at this level.
And as above Routledge and Narsingh to try and mix things up. The lack of investment is clear
To all.
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 10:49 - Aug 20 with 1744 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 09:53 - Aug 20 by raynor94

I think that's blatantly obvious, but why judge him on the Bartley of the season before last, I wasn't his greatest fan, but he was excellent yesterday, so why such a negative remark

No it is not "blatantly obvious", because I have always rated Bartley, I was having a dig at all the fans on here who blamed him for our losses when others in the team were contributing far less to the team effort 2 seasons back.
They couldn't wait to off load him to Leeds and didn't want him back, where he showed just how good he can be in both defense and attack.
It was a fact that PC didn't seem to appreciate, instead of subbing him he should have told him to defend in the middle but that he also had a free rein to atttack as often as possible.
It was a point I made to my son yesterday.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 10:50]
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 11:08 - Aug 20 with 1698 viewsDewi1jack

A lot of reasonable players making up a pretty good team, were dismantled by 1 manager and the sellout scum allowing him to do so.

Since then we've seen the likes of Tabafatty, NGog et al rock up, pick up a wage packet for being a total bag of sh1te- not their fault, as anyone can see why.
There's not one out there who if offered would turn down £20K + a week for doing sweet FA

Now we appear to have a reasonable manager again, Capt Beaky needs to listen to him and get him players off his list.
Get players in, (without spending the likes of £20 million on Chadli, or however much on Bony,) who can help for a season or 2, just until the squad is rebuilt.
Would rather 4 or 5 hungry for a big move young players in at £8 to £10 mill each than some of our ex players we're constantly linked with

The Yanks need to listen to PC/ Claude even Curt not go with a list of a tw@ who gets it off some football manager game the c**t plays in the bar of another sellout no mark.
Yes the b'stard helped us get to the top by astute moves for managers, but now he's apparently trying his hardest to ensure we go down to rock bottom again.

Maybe him and his no mark buddies are planning to buy the club in the future when we hit L1- Trust won't have enough members or cash in the bank now (let alone in the future) to stop that from happening. Stranger things have happened, even to us!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 14:25 - Aug 20 with 1593 viewsawayjack

Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 11:08 - Aug 20 by Dewi1jack

A lot of reasonable players making up a pretty good team, were dismantled by 1 manager and the sellout scum allowing him to do so.

Since then we've seen the likes of Tabafatty, NGog et al rock up, pick up a wage packet for being a total bag of sh1te- not their fault, as anyone can see why.
There's not one out there who if offered would turn down £20K + a week for doing sweet FA

Now we appear to have a reasonable manager again, Capt Beaky needs to listen to him and get him players off his list.
Get players in, (without spending the likes of £20 million on Chadli, or however much on Bony,) who can help for a season or 2, just until the squad is rebuilt.
Would rather 4 or 5 hungry for a big move young players in at £8 to £10 mill each than some of our ex players we're constantly linked with

The Yanks need to listen to PC/ Claude even Curt not go with a list of a tw@ who gets it off some football manager game the c**t plays in the bar of another sellout no mark.
Yes the b'stard helped us get to the top by astute moves for managers, but now he's apparently trying his hardest to ensure we go down to rock bottom again.

Maybe him and his no mark buddies are planning to buy the club in the future when we hit L1- Trust won't have enough members or cash in the bank now (let alone in the future) to stop that from happening. Stranger things have happened, even to us!

Yup issue is Board haven't listened to PC request for early signings to bed down pre/ season. We knew Siggy was leaving in May, so why wait until a week before window closes. Are Board really saying we're broke, so before Siggy windfall, no plan to recruit aside from 'swaps' like Mesa / Cork. If we're that broke then get some decent loans in like others already have. Shambles like last Summer - excuse then was sell-out deal, excuse now is Siggy sale. Clearly Huw to thick to multi-task.
Blatant statement or failed gamble? on 21:47 - Aug 20 with 1313 viewsYossarian

I think Clement realises they're taking the piss out of the fans- and also out of him. This may not end well. I hope I'm wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024