Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Narsingh 00:12 - Aug 20 with 2230 viewsYossarian

How did this guy show enough to actually play for Holland?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Narsingh on 00:30 - Aug 20 with 2202 viewsSwansNZ

They picked Tiendalli not so long back too.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Narsingh on 00:35 - Aug 20 with 2185 viewsjack_lord

While it was a better Manyoo side I was astounded by the lack of effort/ability in him trying to get past the last defender and finding position. Holland re not the wonderful team of the past but they still have options and on that performance, he is not an option for them and for us.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Narsingh on 00:44 - Aug 20 with 2157 viewsveng9

He had 8 goals and 22 assists a few years ago. Might even be a Dutch league record for assists. Not sure what happened since then. I think he had some injury problems after.
Narsingh on 07:04 - Aug 20 with 2041 viewsjack247

Because Holland aren't as good as they used to be.

He is an ok option from the bench for us, but yes, he didn't impose himself at all yesterday. I didn't expect him to be able to against that team.
Narsingh on 08:55 - Aug 20 with 1824 viewsnantywatcher

Narsingh on 07:04 - Aug 20 by jack247

Because Holland aren't as good as they used to be.

He is an ok option from the bench for us, but yes, he didn't impose himself at all yesterday. I didn't expect him to be able to against that team.

League 1 standard at best, I cannot imagine any Championship clubs showing any interest in him. Maybe best to keep PC away from player recruitment???
Narsingh on 08:56 - Aug 20 with 1809 viewsjack247

Narsingh on 08:55 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

League 1 standard at best, I cannot imagine any Championship clubs showing any interest in him. Maybe best to keep PC away from player recruitment???

I think we're already doing that
Narsingh on 08:58 - Aug 20 with 1803 viewsnantywatcher

Narsingh on 08:56 - Aug 20 by jack247

I think we're already doing that

He made it clear at the time that he approved the signing, which does worry me.
Narsingh on 09:01 - Aug 20 with 1782 viewsjack247

Narsingh on 08:58 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

In two weeks time, he'll be saying he is happy with the squad, no matter who we sign.
Login to get fewer ads

Narsingh on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 1768 viewscostalotta

Narsingh on 08:55 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

Same as quite a few of our signings over the last few years. Same as Grimes and mcburnie for example.
Narsingh on 09:05 - Aug 20 with 1763 viewsDr_Winston

Did anyone impose themselves after the tactical switch?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Narsingh on 09:09 - Aug 20 with 1736 viewsSwansNZ

Narsingh on 09:05 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

Man. Utd.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Narsingh on 09:12 - Aug 20 with 1730 viewsnantywatcher

Narsingh on 09:05 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

PC seems to have escaped the fans wrath today, but too many woeful decisions like yesterday's substitutions and things could turn ugly on here.
Narsingh on 09:16 - Aug 20 with 1711 viewsDr_Winston

Narsingh on 09:12 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

PC seems to have escaped the fans wrath today, but too many woeful decisions like yesterday's substitutions and things could turn ugly on here.

Plenty have pointed out that Clement's changes changed the game. Problem is he'd probably also be getting it in the neck if he hadn't changed anything and the game had petered out at 1-0. No doubt there'd be more than a few slagging him for not making offensive changes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Narsingh on 09:22 - Aug 20 with 1685 viewsnantywatcher

Narsingh on 09:16 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

Plenty have pointed out that Clement's changes changed the game. Problem is he'd probably also be getting it in the neck if he hadn't changed anything and the game had petered out at 1-0. No doubt there'd be more than a few slagging him for not making offensive changes.

I thought we looked very comfortable before the substitutions, and they made no sense to me, but I understand what you are saying.
Narsingh on 09:23 - Aug 20 with 1681 viewsNogginthenog

Man U were frighteningly quick at breaking things up in midfield and transitioning to attack, they have skill, pace and power, most of the things we lack in our attack.
Narsingh on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 1667 viewsjack247

Narsingh on 09:16 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

Of course there would. He'd have been slated if we'd gone the entire second half losing 1-0 with three centre backs on. He had to try something, he just didn't have any game changers on the bench.
Narsingh on 09:33 - Aug 20 with 1629 viewsJinxy

The only other factor was the timing of the subs. 67 mins may have been too early - maybe IF the score would have been the same at 75-80 mins then Man U perhaps would have been uncomfortable. All pure conjecture though, and at least he tried something with limited resources, as opposed to boro home last season.
Narsingh on 09:35 - Aug 20 with 1623 viewsicecoldjack

Narsingh on 08:58 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

It always surprises me that people believe the official line in things like this, no way is clement going to say he was a player previously linked and he just nodded my head as he was desperate for anyone !

What they say in the press and what actually goes on is often 2 different things. Narsingh looks a dissapointing player for me,but on the other hand what did we expect for £5m in the inflated January market ?

I can see clement looking to jump ship for sure if he manages to maintain our prem status this season, there seem to be far too many variables involved for him to truly carry out his work.
This has been the case with the following

Bradley(but in fairness Huw probably knew more)
FG
Monk
Laudrup

Now i never rated the appointment of monk purely because it was too much too soon but there have been some decent coaches in there including Garry who have maybe struggled a bit to progress when not having full control of player recruitment.

Whats that saying, " A Camel is a Horse designed by a Committee " I think thats a real problem at the Swans and has been for a while.
Narsingh on 09:38 - Aug 20 with 1605 viewsnantywatcher

Narsingh on 09:35 - Aug 20 by icecoldjack

It always surprises me that people believe the official line in things like this, no way is clement going to say he was a player previously linked and he just nodded my head as he was desperate for anyone !

What they say in the press and what actually goes on is often 2 different things. Narsingh looks a dissapointing player for me,but on the other hand what did we expect for £5m in the inflated January market ?

I can see clement looking to jump ship for sure if he manages to maintain our prem status this season, there seem to be far too many variables involved for him to truly carry out his work.
This has been the case with the following

Bradley(but in fairness Huw probably knew more)
FG
Monk
Laudrup

Now i never rated the appointment of monk purely because it was too much too soon but there have been some decent coaches in there including Garry who have maybe struggled a bit to progress when not having full control of player recruitment.

Whats that saying, " A Camel is a Horse designed by a Committee " I think thats a real problem at the Swans and has been for a while.

"on the other hand what did we expect for £5m in the inflated January market ? "
Someone ten times better than Narsingh
Narsingh on 09:43 - Aug 20 with 1581 viewsdobjack2

Narsingh on 09:24 - Aug 20 by jack247

Of course there would. He'd have been slated if we'd gone the entire second half losing 1-0 with three centre backs on. He had to try something, he just didn't have any game changers on the bench.

They were more than comfortable and likely to get a second.

Damned if he changed it damned if he didn't. I would'nt just concentrate on the manager though.

What the feck were Mawson and Fernandez doing for the opener. Lost concentration just before half time - changed dynamic of game as we were going to have to chase it sometime against a team that was fast on the counter.

What the feck was fer trying to do for the second? Asked for trouble and we got it.

Who was leading on the pitch after the second went in? Heads dropped poor pass by Carroll and its 3.

You could argue that with feck all on the bench of any use he should have kept it tight and hoped for a lucky break or set piece. That is what we would have probably done at the end of last season.

The substitutions and individual errors highlighted the lack of quality in the squad - the bench was horrific, some that started are better suited to the bench and the lack of leadership on the pitch.
Narsingh on 09:45 - Aug 20 with 1568 viewsjojaca

Narsingh on 09:43 - Aug 20 by dobjack2

They were more than comfortable and likely to get a second.

Damned if he changed it damned if he didn't. I would'nt just concentrate on the manager though.

What the feck were Mawson and Fernandez doing for the opener. Lost concentration just before half time - changed dynamic of game as we were going to have to chase it sometime against a team that was fast on the counter.

What the feck was fer trying to do for the second? Asked for trouble and we got it.

Who was leading on the pitch after the second went in? Heads dropped poor pass by Carroll and its 3.

You could argue that with feck all on the bench of any use he should have kept it tight and hoped for a lucky break or set piece. That is what we would have probably done at the end of last season.

The substitutions and individual errors highlighted the lack of quality in the squad - the bench was horrific, some that started are better suited to the bench and the lack of leadership on the pitch.

In defense of this guy, every footballer needs a run of games. When was the last time we gave him 90 minutes.

Even when you know, you never know?

Narsingh on 09:47 - Aug 20 with 1564 viewsawayjack

Agree he doesn't look PL quality but he's not had much chance. Routs was woeful again when he came on yesterday. I counted he lost the ball 8 times in his short cameo. Is Narsingh a better option that Routs who seems to have lost and pace and control. Let's see who we sign but our recent record with wingers is crap and most of our wingers would struggle in Championship. I guess policy of buying several with risky potential over quality.
Narsingh on 09:50 - Aug 20 with 1555 viewsdobjack2

Narsingh on 09:45 - Aug 20 by jojaca

In defense of this guy, every footballer needs a run of games. When was the last time we gave him 90 minutes.

True but Is that because the systems we are playing don't suit him or because the coaching team don't rate him?
Narsingh on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 1544 viewsicecoldjack

Narsingh on 09:12 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

Well not by me !

Clement dropped a Bollk. by icecoldjack 19 Aug 2017 14:28
Major m.istake by him i thought, Mesa and Bartly were growing into the game and while we were only ever going to hope for a bit of luck to equalize the team was solid and functional . Very dissapointing to see the heads drop after the 2nd went in too.

A quick run down on the players.

. Fab, did well
Naughton - i thought he had a superb game myself, played his position very well and made the right passes.
FF- Still a poor mans Chico, some nice defending still a liability with the ball at his feet.
Bartley- Not a fan but did well today, looks to have improved after being on loan.
Mawson- cost us the first goal by ball watching, still on a learning curve but will improve.
Carrol - crap, with and without the ball, we need to strengthen this area IMO.Far too patchy
Fer- Hmm, sometimes looks a real player but mostly just ineffective and 1 step behind.
Mesa- Thankfully looks like he can do a job, when he knows who likes it to feet and who likes it to space will be a real asset for us, missed him when he got subbed.
Ayew- worked his socks off and probably one of our best players today, lacks the confidence to shoot and needs to be more selfish instead of trying to play Tammy in all the time.
Tammy- He is what he is, 19 yr old learning the game, not good enough at this level yet, Llorente would have bagged 2 of his chances today, thats the difference in this league, hopefully he learns before his confidence ebbs away.

Overall i think we are heading the right direction and with decent signings we will do ok, dissapointede that clement changed it, he should have kept it more nip and tuck IMO. Hopefully he learns, his formation almost got him a result, clear to see he has talent as a coach. hard luck to him but he got it wrong today.

I thought he took a risk he didnt need to take, 0-1 and 25 mins left to play where they were having problems with out set piece, was crazy to change formation and bring on an aging Routs and innafective Narsingh.

My only thinking is that maybe Clement needed to keep Mesa / Bartley fresh for the next game or they were getting tired and he needed to protect them from injury, clement is however a smart coach and he got his set up spot on for me, if he had a stronger bench then it may have been different.

Llorente scores one of those chances yesterday by the way, but a bench with players like Foulton and McBurnie is the dreams of L1 or championship not premier league, the manager needs proper support and fast !
Narsingh on 10:33 - Aug 20 with 1464 viewsYossarian

Some on here believe that he needs a run of games and that we haven't seen the best of him because of that. It's a fair point, but it can also be said that he had plenty of chances to impress in trading and force his way into the side. He has a chance every day in that sense. With his pedigree he should easily be able to do that. He did actually get a start but was so crap he got dropped. When he arrived I was all for giving the lad a bit of time to adapt and settle , but my patience went after an ineffectual ore-season. He was bought to help us avoid the drop and he went missing- giving us nothing. He's had a full pre-season and he's been a bit part player. He's clearly on big wages and for me he's yet another catastrophic error of judgement- lacking confidence, lacking pace, lazy n tracking back and getting a foot in, awful first touch, weak on the ball and easily dispossessed. Ffs- what is he doing here other than bluffing a rich living out of us. Get rid and get him off the wage bill- I'd rather have a cardboard cutout on the bench.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024