Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias 10:18 - Aug 20 with 10017 viewscastlejack

Sign him up? Spurs and Chelsea also interested in the 25 year old Colombian international.

Fee in region of £12 mill

Sounds encouraging

Poll: Next Swans manager

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 15:25 - Aug 20 with 4510 viewsDr_Winston

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 14:54 - Aug 20 by macthejack

Whilst I'm in the same boat as you Doc, thinking Naughton gets some undeserved stick and that he's been very capable defensively he just doesn't offer enough going forward.

We're really going to need attacking width from our fullbacks especially as it looks like we're going to be playing without wingers this season. A few times yesterday I found myself wishing we had a right sided version of Olsson (although yesterday wasn't his best game going forward.)

I'm the other way around. I think Naughton is generally better on the front foot than the back, although he has improved defensively under Clement. I'm not averse to a bit of competition either as Rangel is getting too long in the tooth to be relied upon for long periods.

I just find it strange that so many still see RB as a priority even given the problems we've had in attack so far this season. Sure, if we've added the pace and creativity we need and there's money left for another then fine.

Yesterday was just a bad day attacking wise full stop.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 15:27 - Aug 20 with 4491 viewscostalotta

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:45 - Aug 20 by castlejack

Definitely a bad move to sell LLORENTE so close to transfer deadline with no realistic chance to replace him.At some point the club need to adopt the same stance as Stoke and Liverpool and put up a ....

NOT For sale in this transfer window

There's one thing to be a selling club, but another to keep
1. Selling and pocketing the cash
2. Trying to replace with loan signings and much cheaper replacements.

And ...

3 . Rejects from Kettering and Coventry along with the laughable scouting of the Aberdeen, st mirren and Morton failure.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 15:39 - Aug 20 with 4422 viewsKingBony

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 11:36 - Aug 20 by bermudajack

Could we ever see this?

fab

Fred. Bartley. Mawson

Arias. Messa. Clucas

Chadli Carrol

Abraham

Llorente

I'll get my coat & jacket 😳

When you get your coat can you take every reference to "Fred" with you please, that's not his name mun.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 18:01]

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 16:04 - Aug 20 with 4327 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:45 - Aug 20 by castlejack

Definitely a bad move to sell LLORENTE so close to transfer deadline with no realistic chance to replace him.At some point the club need to adopt the same stance as Stoke and Liverpool and put up a ....

NOT For sale in this transfer window

There's one thing to be a selling club, but another to keep
1. Selling and pocketing the cash
2. Trying to replace with loan signings and much cheaper replacements.

Excellent advice. Let's hope the clubs The Ditherer is currently speaking to don't have the same policy. This is what he is up against now by effing about over the Siggy transfer.i am of course assuming he is talking to other clubs which may not be the case.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 4236 viewsairedale

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 11:23 - Aug 20 by MrSwerve

I'd be happy with him and Arias.

Boom boom.

V good, and I bet it won't be long before some joker starts calling him Hairyarse too.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 18:44 - Aug 20 with 4090 viewscastlejack

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 14:54 - Aug 20 by macthejack

Whilst I'm in the same boat as you Doc, thinking Naughton gets some undeserved stick and that he's been very capable defensively he just doesn't offer enough going forward.

We're really going to need attacking width from our fullbacks especially as it looks like we're going to be playing without wingers this season. A few times yesterday I found myself wishing we had a right sided version of Olsson (although yesterday wasn't his best game going forward.)

I agree, definitely need more forward runs and crosses from the full backs to get the ball in the middle for the big guys

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 19:56 - Aug 20 with 3964 viewscastlejack

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:37 - Aug 20 by PawelAbbott

Looks a very attacking fullback. Would give us a much better option if we are going to continue playing wing backs

Swans need to get a move on for Santiago Arias, half the premier league seem to be linked to him, but suprisingky we are favourites to sign him....

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 21:06 - Aug 20 with 3868 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 13:35 - Aug 20 by castlejack

Rumoured we have made a £12 million offer today for Santiago Arias

Chinese whispers.

It's £5m for Harry Arse. 'Boro reserves.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 21:42 - Aug 20 with 3796 viewsSwansea93

He played today for PSV.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 21:43]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 22:17 - Aug 20 with 3708 viewsCooperman

How about £8m plus Narsingh and a strongly worded fax from Huw telling PSV not to attempt another scam.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 12:29 - Aug 21 with 3451 viewscastlejack

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 21:42 - Aug 20 by Swansea93

He played today for PSV.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 21:43]

Was he any good

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 15:05 - Aug 21 with 3309 viewsmalagajack

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/88112/Show/Santiago-Arias
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 17:42 - Aug 21 with 3134 viewsawayjack

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 15:25 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

I'm the other way around. I think Naughton is generally better on the front foot than the back, although he has improved defensively under Clement. I'm not averse to a bit of competition either as Rangel is getting too long in the tooth to be relied upon for long periods.

I just find it strange that so many still see RB as a priority even given the problems we've had in attack so far this season. Sure, if we've added the pace and creativity we need and there's money left for another then fine.

That's key to our problem. We are desperate for pace, control, creativity and set-play finisher from AM and/or new Winger, but we also lack squad depth to cover injury or loss of form. Agree Rangel legs can't do more than cameo cover, so if Naugton gets injured - we'll end up with Fer at RB again. Hopefully Arias rumours are real. I'd take a quality AM over Bony, unless we plan to sell Llorente.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 18:06 - Aug 21 with 3060 viewsDr_Winston

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 17:42 - Aug 21 by awayjack

That's key to our problem. We are desperate for pace, control, creativity and set-play finisher from AM and/or new Winger, but we also lack squad depth to cover injury or loss of form. Agree Rangel legs can't do more than cameo cover, so if Naugton gets injured - we'll end up with Fer at RB again. Hopefully Arias rumours are real. I'd take a quality AM over Bony, unless we plan to sell Llorente.

Fair points, although Kingsley's likely departure throws everything up in the air.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 06:56 - Aug 22 with 2801 viewsNirvana

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 15:25 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

One of the major problems with Naughton is that he's actually not very good in defence or attack. At his best, he's pedestrian in both.

In stark terms, he is consistently poor at:

- crossing
- link up play
- positional awareness in defence
- deciveness going forward
- tracking back when caught out
- reckless, low-confidence tackler

These are all basic components of being a fullback, and he routinely disappoints. Arias is nowhere near perfect, but he's one hell of an upgrade on Naughton. A proper attacking fullback with the pace and energy to get up and down the flank, excellent crosser and passer, and a nice mix of confidence/aggression reminiscent of Rangel. We would see a much more incisive, "free-flowing" style of football just from making this move.

I'm not really sure I can believe the link, given Jenkins' penchant for flashy smokescreens, but would be an excellent signing for us if there's any truth in it. Arias would take over the starting RB spot, Naughton could play utility fullback, we could loan out/sell Kingsley: win-win-win. I'd personally rather us spend £12m on Arias than £15m+ on Clucas, someone of questionable quality and postional redundancy.

Also, our interest in the guy means Clement was either lying in his now-infamous "PL experience" quote, or he doesn't really have a say in our transfers. We'll see.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 2643 viewsawayjack

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 06:56 - Aug 22 by Nirvana

One of the major problems with Naughton is that he's actually not very good in defence or attack. At his best, he's pedestrian in both.

- crossing
- link up play

These are all basic components of being a fullback, and he routinely disappoints. Arias is nowhere near perfect, but he's one hell of an upgrade on Naughton. A proper attacking fullback with the pace and energy to get up and down the flank, excellent crosser and passer, and a nice mix of confidence/aggression reminiscent of Rangel. We would see a much more incisive, "free-flowing" style of football just from making this move.

I'm not really sure I can believe the link, given Jenkins' penchant for flashy smokescreens, but would be an excellent signing for us if there's any truth in it. Arias would take over the starting RB spot, Naughton could play utility fullback, we could loan out/sell Kingsley: win-win-win. I'd personally rather us spend £12m on Arias than £15m+ on Clucas, someone of questionable quality and postional redundancy.

Also, our interest in the guy means Clement was either lying in his now-infamous "PL experience" quote, or he doesn't really have a say in our transfers. We'll see.

Naughton has improved a huge amount under PC. Not saying he's a PL quality and Arias be major upgrade. If Kingsley moves on, he'd be decent cover at RB/LB. Shame to lose Kingsley but Arias in, with Clucas also able to cover various defensive positions, be an improvement. On one game Bartley seems to shave improved, but last time here, his issue was inconsistency and poor control. VDHorne, Rangel or Fer covering defensive injuries is massive risk. Even with Arias in for Kingsley, we're still shirt on depth but more quality.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 18:21 - Aug 22 with 2359 viewsbermudajack

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 13:28 - Aug 22 by awayjack

Naughton has improved a huge amount under PC. Not saying he's a PL quality and Arias be major upgrade. If Kingsley moves on, he'd be decent cover at RB/LB. Shame to lose Kingsley but Arias in, with Clucas also able to cover various defensive positions, be an improvement. On one game Bartley seems to shave improved, but last time here, his issue was inconsistency and poor control. VDHorne, Rangel or Fer covering defensive injuries is massive risk. Even with Arias in for Kingsley, we're still shirt on depth but more quality.

king Bony... "When you get your coat can you take every reference to "Fred" with you please, that's not his name mun"

Reply... "Fred - never mentioned it was a problem when I last spoke to him..." 🤔

Some touchy folk on here aye... 🤡

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 18:32 - Aug 22 with 2295 viewsTheKirkyLife

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 06:56 - Aug 22 by Nirvana

- crossing
- link up play

To be fair to Clement he did later follow that up with the statement that Swansea would look abroad if English prices were too outrageous.

Either way I reckon, if the deal comes off at £8 million as is being suggested now, we'd be absolutely fine with our defence.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 19:06 - Aug 22 with 2153 viewsLoyal

Bessone is available.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:16 - Aug 23 with 1964 viewsPawelAbbott

Daily Mail are reporting that we have tabled an offer of £2M.
That must be a typo from them.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 1929 viewsjasonbromham

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:16 - Aug 23 by PawelAbbott

Daily Mail are reporting that we have tabled an offer of £2M.
That must be a typo from them.

Just posted this on the other thread, Huw's taking the piss here haha!
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:49 - Aug 23 with 1836 viewsSwans_16

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 10:20 - Aug 23 by jasonbromham

Just posted this on the other thread, Huw's taking the piss here haha!

Typo, there's a 1 missing. It's £12 million.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 01:05 - Aug 24 with 1538 viewsNirvana

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 13:28 - Aug 22 by awayjack

Spot on, Away.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 01:13 - Aug 24 with 1529 viewsNirvana

Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 18:32 - Aug 22 by TheKirkyLife

To be fair to Clement he did later follow that up with the statement that Swansea would look abroad if English prices were too outrageous.

Either way I reckon, if the deal comes off at £8 million as is being suggested now, we'd be absolutely fine with our defence.

Yeah, I doubt someone of Clement's experience would only want PL players. Maybe he would prefer it, but it's unrealistic. I wonder if that was Jenkins telling him to say that, though, seeing as Clucas was the first deal done. I don't put anything past the guy. We'll see.

As for the £8m, do you have a link or source for that? Genuine question, all I've seen is the £12m figure. For £8m Arias is an absolute steal, especially since we badly need a RB. Although, to be fair, Sevilla got Sebastien Corchia for £4.5m and he's excellent.

No complaints here, though, let's bring this guy in. Naughton would be an excellent backup, and we can all love him like he wants. Perfect world.
Swans interest in PSVs right back Santiago Arias on 05:45 - Aug 24 with 1479 viewsAussieSwan

With Kingsley gone I really hope this one is a done deal ASAP

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024