Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandez - first goal 10:42 - Aug 20 with 3725 viewsBillyChong

Pathetic defending. As captain that was appalling. Some desire would have prevented that goal. Not sure what he expected Fabianski to do.
Fernandez - first goal on 12:12 - Aug 20 with 958 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Fernandez - first goal on 11:44 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

I would not have changed the system and would have recognised that our squad is too depleted to go toe to toe with Man Utd. Had we lost 1 0 and playing the same for 90 mins I would have been reasonably happy.maybe change like for like if players tired.
I sent a text to my mate on hols at the time proving my thinking there and I can show you said text in the Railway if you make yourself known lol. God I sound like The Res ;-)
Clem knows much much more about football than me but I bet he feels the same. All it has achieved is we now have to play catch up on our GD.
I don't damn him for it btw.

Actually thought we were on the front foot for the first time in the match and had just missed a couple of chances when we changed the system,

would have liked to see what would have happened if we had left it another 10 mins,

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Fernandez - first goal on 12:21 - Aug 20 with 944 viewsawayjack

Love it. FF was our best defender yesterday and he's gets stuck. Mawson was woeful and at fault for 3 of the goals but no comments. If anyone was to blame for 1st goal it was Mawson. Two players unmarked in his six yard box and he stood there on the wrong side will concrete boots stopping him move. Opinions are part of the game, but to single out players who were close to MOM as scapegoats, shows how many dull one-eyed fans we have.
Fernandez - first goal on 12:25 - Aug 20 with 938 viewsnantywatcher

If you believe that statement - then you're an idiot. I should get back to your LEGO set if I was you.
Fernandez - first goal on 14:31 - Aug 20 with 878 viewsDazzaJack

Fernandez - first goal on 12:21 - Aug 20 by awayjack

Love it. FF was our best defender yesterday and he's gets stuck. Mawson was woeful and at fault for 3 of the goals but no comments. If anyone was to blame for 1st goal it was Mawson. Two players unmarked in his six yard box and he stood there on the wrong side will concrete boots stopping him move. Opinions are part of the game, but to single out players who were close to MOM as scapegoats, shows how many dull one-eyed fans we have.

I agree. Mawson should have won the header for the first goal, Pogba was his man (or in his zonal area), blamig Fernandez is ridiculous. Mawson has been great for us but that was one of his worse games. Remember the backwards header he did putting them through on goal?? Hopefully he'll brush it off and be back to his best next time.
Fernandez - first goal on 14:38 - Aug 20 with 859 viewsunion_jack

Fernandez - first goal on 14:31 - Aug 20 by DazzaJack

I agree. Mawson should have won the header for the first goal, Pogba was his man (or in his zonal area), blamig Fernandez is ridiculous. Mawson has been great for us but that was one of his worse games. Remember the backwards header he did putting them through on goal?? Hopefully he'll brush it off and be back to his best next time.

Don't disagree with the points regarding Mawson but after his mistake I would have liked to have seen Fernandez at least lunge for the ball rather than standing still allowing `Billy to barge past and score. Even if it had resulted in an og it would have been better imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Fernandez - first goal on 14:58 - Aug 20 with 839 viewsJonTheJack

Said it in another thread that I'd rather him put it into his own net trying to get rid of it rather than lay the red carpet for a tap in doing absolutely nothing.
Fernandez - first goal on 15:02 - Aug 20 with 836 viewsjack247

Fernandez - first goal on 11:54 - Aug 20 by karnataka

After the way we played at Southampton and what ManU did to West Ham, we were saying before the game that we'd take a much better performance and narrow defeat as a sign of considerable improvement. That game could well have ended 0-1 until the substitutions and at a goal down, there is always the chance of a lucky equaliser. I certainly agree that like for like subs for tired players would have been better than a mid-game system change.

The problem with this is we need a strong bench as well. It's all well and good competiting for 60-70 minutes, which our first choice eleven will probably do more often than not. If you're bringing on Narsingh, Routledge and McBurnie, most teams are going to have a significant advantage in the last quarter of the game.
Fernandez - first goal on 16:49 - Aug 20 with 786 viewskarnataka

Fernandez - first goal on 15:02 - Aug 20 by jack247

The problem with this is we need a strong bench as well. It's all well and good competiting for 60-70 minutes, which our first choice eleven will probably do more often than not. If you're bringing on Narsingh, Routledge and McBurnie, most teams are going to have a significant advantage in the last quarter of the game.

Well let's hope we have better replacements coming in over the next 10 days.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandez - first goal on 23:00 - Aug 20 with 699 viewsangryjack

Didn't even well poor centre forward play by Southampton another day could been 5
Fernandez - first goal on 23:21 - Aug 20 with 673 viewsLoyal

Fernandez - first goal on 16:49 - Aug 20 by karnataka

Well let's hope we have better replacements coming in over the next 10 days.

Should have been done by now.
Especially if they spend the usual pittance.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fernandez - first goal on 01:19 - Aug 21 with 635 viewsAnotherJohn

I agree that the biggest issue for the first goal was the lack of challenge to the header, but as the corner was being set up I was concerned to see that we hadn't put a man on the near post (something I think we consistently get wrong). Somebody standing there would have been in a much better position than FF to get the ball away as it bounced down off the bar.
Fernandez - first goal on 05:39 - Aug 21 with 610 viewsLeonWasGod

If Leon had have been on the pitch and guarding the post as usual it would have been an easy clearance. But Pogba should never had got a free header in the first place. Can't remember who let him go though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024