Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandez - first goal 10:42 - Aug 20 with 3794 viewsBillyChong

Pathetic defending. As captain that was appalling. Some desire would have prevented that goal. Not sure what he expected Fabianski to do.
Fernandez - first goal on 10:43 - Aug 20 with 2807 viewsDarran

He'd probably have put it in for an og if he had.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fernandez - first goal on 10:47 - Aug 20 with 2785 viewsJackSkellington

Fernandez - first goal on 10:43 - Aug 20 by Darran

He'd probably have put it in for an og if he had.

And stamped on Fabianski in the process.
Fernandez - first goal on 10:50 - Aug 20 with 2769 viewsmagicdaps10

When I first saw it I was furious but watching it again, not much he could do with it on the line......split seconds to make a decision with no easy decision to make.

The issue was, why did Pogba get such a clean head on the corner.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fernandez - first goal on 10:52 - Aug 20 with 2753 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Fernandez - first goal on 10:50 - Aug 20 by magicdaps10

When I first saw it I was furious but watching it again, not much he could do with it on the line......split seconds to make a decision with no easy decision to make.

The issue was, why did Pogba get such a clean head on the corner.

How about why was Pogba still on the pitch?
Fernandez - first goal on 10:55 - Aug 20 with 2727 viewscastlejack

What do you call an untidy player.....Messi

Fernandez favourite film..... FROZEN

Poll: Next Swans manager

Fernandez - first goal on 10:58 - Aug 20 with 2705 viewsjack247

Fernandez - first goal on 10:52 - Aug 20 by A_Fans_Dad

How about why was Pogba still on the pitch?

It looked a second yellow in slow motion to me, though Danny Murphy didn't agree. Difficult one to call in real time to be fair and no ref is going to send him off if he isn't reasonably sure.

Agree with daps' point. The set piece defending was the real problem. They have some big lumps, but Pogba shouldn't be getting a free header from there.
Fernandez - first goal on 11:02 - Aug 20 with 2676 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fernandez - first goal on 10:55 - Aug 20 by castlejack

What do you call an untidy player.....Messi

Fernandez favourite film..... FROZEN

I see no need in having a go at our defenders. It is the only area that is functioning properly. We defended well for Southampton and most of yesterday's game until Clem screwed up (or sent a message to our DOF). Let's recognise it is midfield and attack that is lacking. This in turn puts more pressure on our overworked defence.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Fernandez - first goal on 11:06 - Aug 20 with 2652 viewsWxmJax

OP needs to see the goal again. I thought the same but the ball was bouncing on the line, nothing he could realistically have done. Looked like we were zonal marking, which I'm not a fan of.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandez - first goal on 11:08 - Aug 20 with 2635 viewsBillyChong

Fernandez stopped still, Bailly also a defender reacted quicker and scored. Can't excuse that.
Fernandez - first goal on 11:10 - Aug 20 with 2621 viewsraynor94

Fernandez - first goal on 11:02 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

I see no need in having a go at our defenders. It is the only area that is functioning properly. We defended well for Southampton and most of yesterday's game until Clem screwed up (or sent a message to our DOF). Let's recognise it is midfield and attack that is lacking. This in turn puts more pressure on our overworked defence.

Would you have been happy to keep the five at the back, and lose 1-0? Clement changed it to try and get a point, he was damned if he did and damned if didn't, which your post proves

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Fernandez - first goal on 11:11 - Aug 20 with 2613 viewsDarran

Fernandez - first goal on 11:08 - Aug 20 by BillyChong

Fernandez stopped still, Bailly also a defender reacted quicker and scored. Can't excuse that.

Yes but Bailly need the ball to go in the opposite direction to what Fernandez did.

Fernandez - first goal on 11:17 - Aug 20 with 2592 viewsgiantstoneater

No intent on getting the ball yellow card all day he bottled it. Defending was poor for the first goal but huge mistakes from Fer and TC for goals 2 and 3 by 4 we were gone. We defended well as an unit right up until the changes PC made. 5 at the back help Naughton the same way as it helps Neil Taylor for Wales they both seemed happier playing in that system as soon as we went to a back four it was normal service resumed. My main concern was the midfield and their lack of support for Tammy When Ayeuw put in that cross we had one player in the box,Tammy and not one player in or near the edge of the box we never looked like scoring. The Ayeuw ball was one of two decent balls in the other from TC and Tammy just steered it over the bar he`s getting closer but he needs more support from our midfielders. Fer, like a lot of the team, last season finished the season well but he slipped into lazy Fer mode yesterday to me he is a benchwarmer and not a first team player far to inconsistent for my liking.
Fernandez - first goal on 11:20 - Aug 20 with 2565 viewstheloneranger

Fernandez - first goal on 11:11 - Aug 20 by Darran

Yes but Bailly need the ball to go in the opposite direction to what Fernandez did.

If FF had scored an own goal at least he was attempting something other than arms out protecting his keeper.

Putting his boot through the ball might have made Bailly react differently with a chance of him being hurt.

Besides that I thought FF had a good game

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Fernandez - first goal on 11:26 - Aug 20 with 2530 viewsCooperman

Fernandez - first goal on 10:58 - Aug 20 by jack247

It looked a second yellow in slow motion to me, though Danny Murphy didn't agree. Difficult one to call in real time to be fair and no ref is going to send him off if he isn't reasonably sure.

Agree with daps' point. The set piece defending was the real problem. They have some big lumps, but Pogba shouldn't be getting a free header from there.

Aye, it's easy to call it a second yellow when watching a replay. Seeing it live wasn't conclusive whatsoever so I'm not surprised with the ref's decision.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Fernandez - first goal on 11:27 - Aug 20 with 2520 viewsCooperman

I was more disappointed with the section me goal to be honest. We were completely out of shape at the back with several men in the wrong position.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Fernandez - first goal on 11:37 - Aug 20 with 2473 viewsGriffting

I mean, if you're talking about preventing the goal you need to look at the defending before hand. No Swansea player within 5 yards of pogba. What a save that would have been by the way if Fabianski had kept that out. Well, I suppose he did keep it out but if it had stayed out it would have been a save of the season contender.
Fernandez - first goal on 11:40 - Aug 20 with 2456 viewsTheResurrection

Fernandez - first goal on 11:08 - Aug 20 by BillyChong

Billy, please don't take this the wrong way but you're talking shit.

Fernandez man of the match yesterday.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Fernandez - first goal on 11:42 - Aug 20 with 2447 viewsDarran

Fernandez - first goal on 11:40 - Aug 20 by TheResurrection

Billy, please don't take this the wrong way but you're talking shit.

Fernandez man of the match yesterday.

I don't think you've ever made me laugh before.

Fernandez - first goal on 11:44 - Aug 20 with 2434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fernandez - first goal on 11:10 - Aug 20 by raynor94

Would you have been happy to keep the five at the back, and lose 1-0? Clement changed it to try and get a point, he was damned if he did and damned if didn't, which your post proves

I would not have changed the system and would have recognised that our squad is too depleted to go toe to toe with Man Utd. Had we lost 1 0 and playing the same for 90 mins I would have been reasonably happy.maybe change like for like if players tired.
I sent a text to my mate on hols at the time proving my thinking there and I can show you said text in the Railway if you make yourself known lol. God I sound like The Res ;-)
Clem knows much much more about football than me but I bet he feels the same. All it has achieved is we now have to play catch up on our GD.
I don't damn him for it btw.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Fernandez - first goal on 11:48 - Aug 20 with 2415 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fernandez - first goal on 11:17 - Aug 20 by giantstoneater

No intent on getting the ball yellow card all day he bottled it. Defending was poor for the first goal but huge mistakes from Fer and TC for goals 2 and 3 by 4 we were gone. We defended well as an unit right up until the changes PC made. 5 at the back help Naughton the same way as it helps Neil Taylor for Wales they both seemed happier playing in that system as soon as we went to a back four it was normal service resumed. My main concern was the midfield and their lack of support for Tammy When Ayeuw put in that cross we had one player in the box,Tammy and not one player in or near the edge of the box we never looked like scoring. The Ayeuw ball was one of two decent balls in the other from TC and Tammy just steered it over the bar he`s getting closer but he needs more support from our midfielders. Fer, like a lot of the team, last season finished the season well but he slipped into lazy Fer mode yesterday to me he is a benchwarmer and not a first team player far to inconsistent for my liking.

Goals 2 3 and 4,were down to system change. Yes mistakes were made but we had lost a defender a midfielder and chucked two wingers on by then. Midfield was misfiring at times all game but we had the bodies behind it to cover. That all went with said changes.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 11:49]

Fernandez - first goal on 11:52 - Aug 20 with 2388 viewsgiantstoneater

Fernandez - first goal on 11:44 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

I would not have changed the system and would have recognised that our squad is too depleted to go toe to toe with Man Utd. Had we lost 1 0 and playing the same for 90 mins I would have been reasonably happy.maybe change like for like if players tired.
I sent a text to my mate on hols at the time proving my thinking there and I can show you said text in the Railway if you make yourself known lol. God I sound like The Res ;-)
Clem knows much much more about football than me but I bet he feels the same. All it has achieved is we now have to play catch up on our GD.

Would have liked for him to have kept the same system too but lack of depth and quality in the squad didn`t allow him just to change like for like. Once again we are in a vital part of the season and we have Mcburnie as our third striker I don`t count Ayeuw as he just doesn`t look comfortable in more central areas and is more effective in wider areas.
Fernandez - first goal on 11:54 - Aug 20 with 2373 viewskarnataka

Fernandez - first goal on 11:44 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

After the way we played at Southampton and what ManU did to West Ham, we were saying before the game that we'd take a much better performance and narrow defeat as a sign of considerable improvement. That game could well have ended 0-1 until the substitutions and at a goal down, there is always the chance of a lucky equaliser. I certainly agree that like for like subs for tired players would have been better than a mid-game system change.
Fernandez - first goal on 11:57 - Aug 20 with 2352 viewsDarran

There's no way I'd go to a Swans game and say I'd take a defeat against anyone.
That's just bonkers to me.

Fernandez - first goal on 12:05 - Aug 20 with 2336 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fernandez - first goal on 11:52 - Aug 20 by giantstoneater

Would have liked for him to have kept the same system too but lack of depth and quality in the squad didn`t allow him just to change like for like. Once again we are in a vital part of the season and we have Mcburnie as our third striker I don`t count Ayeuw as he just doesn`t look comfortable in more central areas and is more effective in wider areas.

Indeed. Good points but a couple of changes were possible and keep the same system. We were doing OK until we started chasing the game.
No doubting the weakness of the squad however. We can thank our useless DOF for that.

Fernandez - first goal on 12:11 - Aug 20 with 2316 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fernandez - first goal on 11:54 - Aug 20 by karnataka

After the way we played at Southampton and what ManU did to West Ham, we were saying before the game that we'd take a much better performance and narrow defeat as a sign of considerable improvement. That game could well have ended 0-1 until the substitutions and at a goal down, there is always the chance of a lucky equaliser. I certainly agree that like for like subs for tired players would have been better than a mid-game system change.

We were creating chances so it might not have been such a lucky equaliser. For me we were still in with a shout at 0 1 and even if it had stayed the same it would have been no disgrace and our GD would have been in tact.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 12:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024