Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formation 11:26 - Aug 20 with 2712 viewsbermudajack

I quite liked the 3 centre backs formation yesterday, I think Mawson, Bartley & Fred can do a job, difficult for our wing backs to push forward due to the opposition, but showed in glimpses it can work...and will enable us to play both Llorente & Abraham together...
Messa played well for a first game in this league and Carrol's delivery was great 👍

Disappointed with the changes, I can see what PC was trying to do, but we might have well have not replaced Messa & Bartley with anyone such was the impact of Routledge & Narsingh - highlights how weak our squad is when their called upon to salvage a point and that's the effort they put in.😡

I think we'll see this formation again myself 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Formation on 11:32 - Aug 20 with 2688 viewsCooperman

I think that was a 'special' for Man Utd. I foresee a quick return to the diamond.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Formation on 11:40 - Aug 20 with 2676 viewsKilkennyjack

I agree.

Perfect for away games when we need a point.
Maybe need to be a bit more creative at home to win games ?

Beware of the Risen People

Formation on 11:41 - Aug 20 with 2672 viewskarnataka

Formation on 11:32 - Aug 20 by Cooperman

I think that was a 'special' for Man Utd. I foresee a quick return to the diamond.

I think you're probably right but there's no doubt it was effective against arguably the best team in the division at the moment so wouldn't be surprised to see it used again and it may be better with Llorente as the lone striker and Tammy in behind instead of either Ayew or Fer depending on who the opposition is. Unless we sign somebody better than either of course.
Formation on 12:03 - Aug 20 with 2625 viewssP7qupUf

I would use it at Palace next week to deal with Benteke. Haha is out injured. We will have more chance of getting a result with this system. The diamond struggled at Southampton and if we can take points off our rivals now we can keep in touch and hopefully get reinforcements in who will not be playing too much "catch up".
Formation on 12:03 - Aug 20 with 2625 viewsSwansea93

Yeah I liked the formation yesterday, and noticeably when Clem changed it to wingers with Narsingh and Routledge on we got a stuffing, Bartley played surprisingly well, he must of been given some indication of game time with signing a new 4 year deal.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Formation on 12:08 - Aug 20 with 2607 viewsjacabertawe

Formation on 12:03 - Aug 20 by Swansea93

Yeah I liked the formation yesterday, and noticeably when Clem changed it to wingers with Narsingh and Routledge on we got a stuffing, Bartley played surprisingly well, he must of been given some indication of game time with signing a new 4 year deal.

"...must HAVE"

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Formation on 12:08 - Aug 20 with 2602 viewsSwansea93

Formation on 12:08 - Aug 20 by jacabertawe

"...must HAVE"

Thanks for the education mate.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Formation on 12:10 - Aug 20 with 2593 viewsjacabertawe

Formation on 12:08 - Aug 20 by Swansea93

Thanks for the education mate.

Ur welcome.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Login to get fewer ads

Formation on 12:16 - Aug 20 with 2573 viewsawayjack

Yup and zonal marking failed again. Mawson looked lost at several corners, including their 1st goal and they could have scored a couple more from set-plays.

I know PC is working with a poor quality squad, but I'm concerned about his terrible use of subs in both matches, and fiddling with systems that may work for Bayern, but unlikely to work with our lack of quality. Let's see how we get on in the next couple of games against teams in theory at our level.
Formation on 12:21 - Aug 20 with 2552 viewsveng9

Formation on 12:16 - Aug 20 by awayjack

Yup and zonal marking failed again. Mawson looked lost at several corners, including their 1st goal and they could have scored a couple more from set-plays.

I know PC is working with a poor quality squad, but I'm concerned about his terrible use of subs in both matches, and fiddling with systems that may work for Bayern, but unlikely to work with our lack of quality. Let's see how we get on in the next couple of games against teams in theory at our level.

First goal we've conceded form a set piece with Fabianski in goal under Clement. Considering how bad we were a them before Clement, zonal marking has worked for us.
Formation on 13:07 - Aug 20 with 2476 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Personally I think it is a waste of time to use the 532 at the moment. As can be seen with other teams who employ that formation, it relies heavily on your wingbacks pushing forward and supporting attacks. Kyle Naughton is hesitant to even cross the halfway line, whilst Olsson is one of the worst crosser of a football we have had in quite a while. Even Taylor could manage to at least get the ball in the box and not high and wide of the goal.

I'm not sure how we can say it worked just because Manchester United only scored 1 goal against us. I don't remember De Gea making a save. We were useless going forward.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Formation on 13:22 - Aug 20 with 2431 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Formation on 13:07 - Aug 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Personally I think it is a waste of time to use the 532 at the moment. As can be seen with other teams who employ that formation, it relies heavily on your wingbacks pushing forward and supporting attacks. Kyle Naughton is hesitant to even cross the halfway line, whilst Olsson is one of the worst crosser of a football we have had in quite a while. Even Taylor could manage to at least get the ball in the box and not high and wide of the goal.

I'm not sure how we can say it worked just because Manchester United only scored 1 goal against us. I don't remember De Gea making a save. We were useless going forward.

Indeed

2 games in a row we've been useless going forward, so it doesn't matter what formation we play.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Formation on 13:31 - Aug 20 with 2414 viewsgrampajack

I thought that the formation suited until the changes.
I would use Routs as a wing back instead of Naughton.
Yesterday, I would have subbed Messa with Narsing but kept him central, maybe swapped him and Fer. need more in the middle and up top . Tammy worked like a Trojan.
(Prepares for incoming)
Formation on 18:21 - Aug 20 with 2230 viewsvetchonian

Formation on 13:22 - Aug 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

2 games in a row we've been useless going forward, so it doesn't matter what formation we play.

It's the new faster flowing football promised by the Res so fast it goes past our strikers

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Formation on 15:13 - May 10 with 1647 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Formation on 13:07 - Aug 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sounds about right.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Formation on 15:14 - May 10 with 1634 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Formation on 15:13 - May 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sounds about right.

4 5 1 worked well for a few years, but we stopped recruiting to it.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 15:15]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024