Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer in pivotal defensive role? 11:35 - Aug 20 with 4405 viewsRichardO

Not for me, Clements admits changes his mistake but he has tried playing Fer at full back and we went on a fruitless run of games and yesterday the "defence" became porous after the last switch not before, when the central midfield was changed. Time for Clements to realise Fer is not a defender be it at full back or midfield he is an asset going forward (when he is on his game) but a liability defensively
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:38 - Aug 20 with 3725 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Hopefully Ki will get back sooner or later.
and Fer can strengthen the bench

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:43 - Aug 20 with 3707 viewsRichardO

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:38 - Aug 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Think Ki is in the same vain as Fer I'm not saying they are bad players but they need to be further up the pitch when they try to make positive thing happen not trying to be too clever in dangerous area for us
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:43 - Aug 20 with 3702 viewsdobjack2

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:38 - Aug 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ki fer and Ayew would be a stronger bench.
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:47 - Aug 20 with 3689 viewsRichardO

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:43 - Aug 20 by dobjack2

Any chance Man Utd will make the same mistake as Chelsea and let us have Matic, preferably on a free.
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:47 - Aug 20 with 3689 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:43 - Aug 20 by dobjack2

We'll leave that decision to Clement then.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:54 - Aug 20 with 3652 viewsMrSwerve

It's 'Clement'.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:54 - Aug 20 with 3650 viewsdobjack2

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:47 - Aug 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

We'll leave that decision to Clement then.

Depends on who we sign
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:57 - Aug 20 with 3645 viewsJango

I know most one here dislike Ki but we are a far stronger midfield when he's in it and fer is used as an impact sub.
Login to get fewer ads

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 12:22 - Aug 20 with 3604 viewsjojaca

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:57 - Aug 20 by Jango

I know most one here dislike Ki but we are a far stronger midfield when he's in it and fer is used as an impact sub.

Fer is a squad player at best, he is alright thrown on last 20 mins chasing the game. He should be nowhere near the midfield engine room.

Even when you know, you never know?

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 12:25 - Aug 20 with 3591 viewsAussieSwan

I think Fer cops a lot of criticism, bit of a scapegoat amongst some fans (and Wales Online) and at times this is a bit harsh on him.

Fer is much better in an attacking role than a defensive role. We saw this last season where he scored 6 goals, we saw this in pre season where he scored a couple of times as well.

Unfortunately though we don't have the depth to not play him in the deeper lying role at the moment. Hopefully this changes if/when we get new signings before the end of the month.

He's not perfect, sure, but he puts in a shift most of the time. And with our current squad he's a better starting option than Fulton (and arguably Britton as well due to his age / inability to consistently play 90 mins week in week out) so I don't think we have a choice but to keep playing him there for now.

As an attacking midfielder I think he's a good option to have in the squad. He is clearly no Siggy but he is not somebody we should be selling though. He does show passion, makes time for the fans and the community, and I get the impression that he loves the club and is pretty popular amongst the teammates as well

Just my two cents, I know some will disagree
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 12:30]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 12:30 - Aug 20 with 3575 viewsawayjack

I sadly watched the game back, specifically looking at our midfield. Fer is OK on the ball but his work rate off the ball is terrible. Numerous times he just let Utd run through. Also looks a little unfit, and perhaps he's just not a 90 minute player.
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 12:34 - Aug 20 with 3553 viewsPrivate_Partz

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 12:25 - Aug 20 by AussieSwan

I think Fer cops a lot of criticism, bit of a scapegoat amongst some fans (and Wales Online) and at times this is a bit harsh on him.

Fer is much better in an attacking role than a defensive role. We saw this last season where he scored 6 goals, we saw this in pre season where he scored a couple of times as well.

Unfortunately though we don't have the depth to not play him in the deeper lying role at the moment. Hopefully this changes if/when we get new signings before the end of the month.

He's not perfect, sure, but he puts in a shift most of the time. And with our current squad he's a better starting option than Fulton (and arguably Britton as well due to his age / inability to consistently play 90 mins week in week out) so I don't think we have a choice but to keep playing him there for now.

As an attacking midfielder I think he's a good option to have in the squad. He is clearly no Siggy but he is not somebody we should be selling though. He does show passion, makes time for the fans and the community, and I get the impression that he loves the club and is pretty popular amongst the teammates as well

This is right, even Tom has been getting it as well. We need competition for places and players that can be used in a more attacking formation. We have opened the door and got rid of a whole host of players. Unfortunately we have done almost diddley squat in bringing players in.
This is the crux of the matter. Nothing wrong with what we have got. It is just not enough and we need more quality to strengthen the squad.
Over to you Huw.....oh feck..

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 14:25 - Aug 20 with 3427 viewsGaz_M

Excellent post.
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 07:23 - Aug 21 with 3202 viewsbuilthjack

Benchwarmer

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:22 - Aug 21 with 3168 viewsDafyddHuw

Fer should never have been anywhere near our team/club. Another journeyman who has the occasional good moment, but most of the time is dogshit.
His only attraction is that he was cheap, so obviously in Huw's sights. A typical Swans signing.
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:28 - Aug 21 with 3152 viewsDr_Winston

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:22 - Aug 21 by DafyddHuw

Fer should never have been anywhere near our team/club. Another journeyman who has the occasional good moment, but most of the time is dogshit.
His only attraction is that he was cheap, so obviously in Huw's sights. A typical Swans signing.

Cobblers of the highest degree.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:34 - Aug 21 with 3142 viewsDafyddHuw

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:28 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

Cobblers of the highest degree.

Yeah, you're right. We're privileged to have him. His style of football just makes me wanting to go back for more.
I'm amazed we've hung on to him for so long.
Thought Everton woukd have been all over him ages ago, But unfortunately not.
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:35 - Aug 21 with 3139 viewsDr_Winston

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:34 - Aug 21 by DafyddHuw

Yeah, you're right. We're privileged to have him. His style of football just makes me wanting to go back for more.
I'm amazed we've hung on to him for so long.
Thought Everton woukd have been all over him ages ago, But unfortunately not.

Also cobblers of the highest degree.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:07 - Aug 23 with 2984 viewsAussieSwan

Yes it was only MK Dons but Mesa and Fulton played in the deeper roles, Fer started in an attacking role

As a result Fer was able to play his more natural game and scored twice as well... my point still stands. Good option to have in the squad - much better in attack too

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:11 - Aug 23 with 2968 viewsMeraki

I'm happy with Fer, MESA is a worry
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:19 - Aug 23 with 2950 viewsJackFish

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:11 - Aug 23 by Meraki

Why is he a worry? Looked very Leon-esque to me tonight.
Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:20 - Aug 23 with 2948 viewsAussieSwan

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:11 - Aug 23 by Meraki

Did he look off the pace? I've only seen the highlights

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:31 - Aug 23 with 2916 viewsswancity

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 08:22 - Aug 21 by DafyddHuw

Complete nonsense. Fer has been a good signing. Weighs in with goals and has shown he's capable of mixing it with the best. He's not as consistent with his performances though as he would like. But certainly a good acquisition.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 00:40 - Aug 23 with 2903 viewsLoyal

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 11:54 - Aug 20 by MrSwerve

It's 'Clement'.

Bloody raining this evening.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fer in pivotal defensive role? on 07:59 - Aug 23 with 2753 viewsDrizzy

A few tap-ins have conned more than a few people into thinking he's an effective player. He's not. He's absolute gash most of the time. Takes a f*cking eternity to make a decision and painfully cumbersome on the ball. Comparing him to the last two Dutch midfielders we had is a perfect encapsulation of why we're so sh*te.

He's not all bad though he does try things and puts himself about which useful for the last 15 minutes. He does have some ability and part of the reason he's lauded by the edgy critics is because they're desperate for him to be another talented reclamation project, a la Dyer.

Squad player at best if we're serious about survival.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024