Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission 15:38 - Aug 20 with 3043 viewsDarran

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

http://www.carersuk.org/images/News__campaigns/The_world_Shrinks_Final.pdf

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 10:19 - Aug 23 with 2690 viewsProfessor

Darran

How did your family become involved in the report? I can't say I had heard of the foundation, but carers get a pretty bad deal in the UK. When my late stepfather had a long decline with cancer, my mum took a long career break to care for him. She was always pleased that I cam down to South Wales every few weeks as someone to talk to other than my brother. She said that was the surprising part, how lonely it became, especially the last few months when my stepdad could barely speak.

It's a lovely photo too.
The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 12:21 - Aug 23 with 2614 viewsDarran

We first got involved with them when the wife phoned Carers Wales for advice on Amy. We were struggling to get any sense from the local council about funding etc to get her out of the house. They kept fobbing us off with theres no funding available,we are skint blah blah blah.

The advice was phone the council up and tell them that you've packed a bag for Amy and someone is to come and pick her up because you can no longer look after her. So basically the wife did in so many words and they shit themselves. Amy's carer,the wife gets £60 a week Carers allowance. It would have cost the local authority thousands a week to put her in a residential home so they suddenly wanted to help.

They then asked the wife to get involved in speaking at a seminar in Carers and escalated from there in that she was invited to represent Carers Wales at several events plus they sent a photographer to spend the day with us so they can use the photos on they're advice booklets,pamphlets etc.

If anyone out there needs any advice phone Beth Evans at Carers Wales.
I don't think she'd mind me saying but she's a real tough cookie from up the Rhondda but one of the finest human beings you're ever likely to meet.

The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 13:18 - Aug 23 with 2571 viewsProfessor

Thanks Darran.

I think you have highlighted the struggles many people have faced.

Nothing wrong with being from the Rhondda. Most of my family were from there-was just born in Neath and moved to Treorchy from Cimla when I was about 7 or 8. A few too many Blueturds around, but the upper part has a fair few Swans fans too.
The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 17:42 - Aug 23 with 2487 viewsDarran

The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 13:18 - Aug 23 by Professor

Thanks Darran.

I think you have highlighted the struggles many people have faced.

Nothing wrong with being from the Rhondda. Most of my family were from there-was just born in Neath and moved to Treorchy from Cimla when I was about 7 or 8. A few too many Blueturds around, but the upper part has a fair few Swans fans too.

Absolutely Alan Curtis being the prime example.

The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 17:49 - Aug 23 with 2470 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Absolutely superb stuff Dazza

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 19:05 - Aug 23 with 2427 viewsProfessor

The Jo Cox Loneliness Commission on 17:42 - Aug 23 by Darran

Absolutely Alan Curtis being the prime example.

Pentre boy is Curt. Well liked by even the most ardent bluebird up there. A real gent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024