Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tammy v Llorente 23:41 - Aug 20 with 3146 viewsTheResurrection

Been reading some crap on here [again] about Tammy and him not getting the goals Llorente would.

Bullshit like Llorente would've buried that......

You need your memory testing if you think as superficially and naively as that.

Allow me to remind you.

Llorente got his FIRST goal for us against Man City at home towards the end of September - yeah, like 4/5 weeks away. And let me also remind you, he hadn't even looked like scoring up to that point. We all remember his open goal miss in last Summer's friendly yeah??

Can I just ask a little favour - before putting your name to your dross, stop and think about what you're going to embarrass yourselves with.

Tammy has had a mildly tough start, it has been Southampton away and Man U home - same as Llorente last season, that was a nightmare start too - but Tammy has been super unlucky on at least 5 times.

He's just there, or thereabouts in the right place at the right time. His instinct for that is second to none.

If Clement sticks with him, this boy will get goals - no question about it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Tammy v Llorente on 11:01 - Aug 21 with 880 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 11:00 - Aug 21 by costalotta

I more that understand, rest assured.

Thank goodness for that. I had visions of me having to explain yet again.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tammy v Llorente on 11:08 - Aug 21 with 872 viewscostalotta

Tammy v Llorente on 11:01 - Aug 21 by E20Jack

Thank goodness for that. I had visions of me having to explain yet again.

No need to explain anything other than perhaps your out and out obsession with having to have the last word/post etc? The thing is, I actually enjoy some of your posts but you do have a tendency to repeat yourself. Now, I'm not having a go but I know you don't really like banter and certainly yoU do struggle with disagreement. So I will bow out her and you can get the last word in, be right and we can get along happily.
Tammy v Llorente on 12:08 - Aug 21 with 833 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 11:08 - Aug 21 by costalotta

No need to explain anything other than perhaps your out and out obsession with having to have the last word/post etc? The thing is, I actually enjoy some of your posts but you do have a tendency to repeat yourself. Now, I'm not having a go but I know you don't really like banter and certainly yoU do struggle with disagreement. So I will bow out her and you can get the last word in, be right and we can get along happily.

Disagree all you wish my good man, but you didn't really disagree you just made a pointless post about me not having a crystal ball for what was clearly an opinion and an obvious statement. Me then replying to that made you resort to the playground and bring up "last word" nonsense. It didn't even cross my mind, it is not how conversations are had surely?

"Hi mate"

"Oh hi there"

"Stop trying to have the last word"

"I wasnt, I was replying"

"See you are doing it again, you are obsessed with it".

I would suggest maybe having some substance to your post rather than trying to score cheap and meaningless points. Especially when they don't even make sense.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 12:10]

Tammy v Llorente on 12:09 - Aug 21 with 837 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 08:40 - Aug 21 by pencoedjack

I still think Llorente will be sold this week

I am liking the look of Tammy but fear he's needs to get off the mark soon, a young 19
year old striker lacking confidence is the last thing we need.

For the record (IMO) Llorente would of buried both the headed chances that have fallen to Tammy.

If Llorente is fit Saturday Id start him with Tammy playing off him.

Wow haha this is incredible.

Llorente should be in Game of Thrones, he's suddenly turned into some mythological super striker who buries EVERY single headed chance, doesn't matter how difficult headers are anyway, Llorente gets them all.

Come on mun FFS.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Tammy v Llorente on 12:17 - Aug 21 with 824 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 09:10 - Aug 21 by STID2017

In fairness there's room for both in our squad.
Tammy is young and relatively inexperienced. People shouldn't place too much expectations on him.
Llorente is not an end to end player, but with the direct service from crosses, corners, and free kicks there's no reason why he won't get 20 goals this season.
It's important to both we strengthen the squad with some quality additions

Oh FFS behave yourself you soft sod.

Llorente won't even be here anyway.

Tammy v Llorente on 12:29 - Aug 21 with 807 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tammy v Llorente on 12:09 - Aug 21 by TheResurrection

Wow haha this is incredible.

Llorente should be in Game of Thrones, he's suddenly turned into some mythological super striker who buries EVERY single headed chance, doesn't matter how difficult headers are anyway, Llorente gets them all.

Come on mun FFS.

Well, Llorente does happen to be the top Scorer with the head in the 2016/2017 season, despite the slow start you mention.
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/2016_2017/ranking/jugadores/goles
Tammy v Llorente on 12:39 - Aug 21 with 794 viewscostalotta

Tammy v Llorente on 12:08 - Aug 21 by E20Jack

Disagree all you wish my good man, but you didn't really disagree you just made a pointless post about me not having a crystal ball for what was clearly an opinion and an obvious statement. Me then replying to that made you resort to the playground and bring up "last word" nonsense. It didn't even cross my mind, it is not how conversations are had surely?

"Hi mate"

"Oh hi there"

"Stop trying to have the last word"

"I wasnt, I was replying"

"See you are doing it again, you are obsessed with it".

I would suggest maybe having some substance to your post rather than trying to score cheap and meaningless points. Especially when they don't even make sense.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 12:10]

Rinse and repeat. Bite and gnawr away

Predictable hot air that one.

Incoming hahahahahahahahahahah
Tammy v Llorente on 12:41 - Aug 21 with 780 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 12:29 - Aug 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, Llorente does happen to be the top Scorer with the head in the 2016/2017 season, despite the slow start you mention.
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/2016_2017/ranking/jugadores/goles

Thats still only 8 though isnt it, with respect. He had a lot more than 8 headed chances last season.

So to say "Llorente would have scored that" whenever Tammy misses one is disingenuous not to mention clearly not true. Llorente would have got 40 goals a season at this rate as opposed to his average of about 12.

Login to get fewer ads

Tammy v Llorente on 12:44 - Aug 21 with 775 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 12:39 - Aug 21 by costalotta

Rinse and repeat. Bite and gnawr away

Predictable hot air that one.

Incoming hahahahahahahahahahah

I am the one sensibly replying to you. It seems it may be you that has this last word bug of which you speak. Feel free to join the adult conversation here which consists of more than "lol" and playground nonsense, or go back to the Clucas/midfielder thread and continue to pretend you have seen them many times before, you will be in good company.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 12:45]

Tammy v Llorente on 14:02 - Aug 21 with 726 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tammy v Llorente on 12:41 - Aug 21 by E20Jack

Thats still only 8 though isnt it, with respect. He had a lot more than 8 headed chances last season.

So to say "Llorente would have scored that" whenever Tammy misses one is disingenuous not to mention clearly not true. Llorente would have got 40 goals a season at this rate as opposed to his average of about 12.

Let me repeat it, the BEST header in the Prem last Season.
That sort of suggests that he is also probably currently better than a 19 year who has never played in the Prem before.
That may not be true by the end of the season if Tammy lives up to expectation though.
Tammy v Llorente on 14:09 - Aug 21 with 709 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 14:02 - Aug 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Let me repeat it, the BEST header in the Prem last Season.
That sort of suggests that he is also probably currently better than a 19 year who has never played in the Prem before.
That may not be true by the end of the season if Tammy lives up to expectation though.

where to begin.

1) Scoring the most with your head doesn't mean you are the best header of the ball. It may mean you have had more chances to score headers though.

2) Scoring the most headers in the league does not, I will repeat that too, does not... mean you will score every headed chance. Hence why Llorente only got 8, when his headed chances were far greater.

3) Llorente is probably a better header of the ball than Tammy, although assuming he is because he scored most headers in a league that Tammy was not in ... probably isnt the best basis for a decision. But in my opinion Llorente is still better in the air from what I have seen, probably by a distance. But this still doesn't mean he would have scored every headed chance Tammy has.

4) Tammy has played a premier league game before. He played for Chelsea twice, once at Anfield as a 17 year old. He now has 4 PL appearances. Only 20 odd less than Fernando.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 14:13]

Tammy v Llorente on 16:27 - Aug 21 with 655 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tammy v Llorente on 14:09 - Aug 21 by E20Jack

where to begin.

1) Scoring the most with your head doesn't mean you are the best header of the ball. It may mean you have had more chances to score headers though.

2) Scoring the most headers in the league does not, I will repeat that too, does not... mean you will score every headed chance. Hence why Llorente only got 8, when his headed chances were far greater.

3) Llorente is probably a better header of the ball than Tammy, although assuming he is because he scored most headers in a league that Tammy was not in ... probably isnt the best basis for a decision. But in my opinion Llorente is still better in the air from what I have seen, probably by a distance. But this still doesn't mean he would have scored every headed chance Tammy has.

4) Tammy has played a premier league game before. He played for Chelsea twice, once at Anfield as a 17 year old. He now has 4 PL appearances. Only 20 odd less than Fernando.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 14:13]

Dress it up anyway you want. Llorente scored 15 goals last season in a struggling side that had 3 managers. Our currrent coach knows the best way to use him so he fits our current style of play.
Tammy is very impressive but young and unproven at this level. His game revolves more around getting chances in the box. A poacher if you like. For it to work our midfield will need to up its game and this means Jenkins pulling his effing finger out and strengthening us in that area.
Both are valuable players and both needed to get us out of the mess our DOF has created.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tammy v Llorente on 17:14 - Aug 21 with 631 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 16:27 - Aug 21 by Private_Partz

Dress it up anyway you want. Llorente scored 15 goals last season in a struggling side that had 3 managers. Our currrent coach knows the best way to use him so he fits our current style of play.
Tammy is very impressive but young and unproven at this level. His game revolves more around getting chances in the box. A poacher if you like. For it to work our midfield will need to up its game and this means Jenkins pulling his effing finger out and strengthening us in that area.
Both are valuable players and both needed to get us out of the mess our DOF has created.

Our current coach knows the best way to use him?

Yes you're right - he'll sell him.

Tammy v Llorente on 18:36 - Aug 21 with 603 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tammy v Llorente on 17:14 - Aug 21 by TheResurrection

Our current coach knows the best way to use him?

Yes you're right - he'll sell him.

Well some say that will happen. Others think it is too late now and it would be madness at this stage of the season. The latter is my view.
Do you not think PC played to his strengths last season?. If not, god knows how many goals he would have had.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 18:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tammy v Llorente on 18:53 - Aug 21 with 579 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 18:36 - Aug 21 by Private_Partz

Well some say that will happen. Others think it is too late now and it would be madness at this stage of the season. The latter is my view.
Do you not think PC played to his strengths last season?. If not, god knows how many goals he would have had.

This current way of playing is not to his strengths thats for sure. Given his contract status and the other interested team I would say I am as close to certain that he will be leaving as I can be.

Tammy v Llorente on 18:58 - Aug 21 with 576 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 18:36 - Aug 21 by Private_Partz

I think PC came in and immediately brought some footballers into the team. Llorente more than played his part, with his goals, the rest of his play was borderline League 1 most of the time.

Llorente out

Bony in

Phase 2 of Replace Borefest will complete.

Tammy v Llorente on 19:10 - Aug 21 with 558 viewsOldjack

Llorente is a class act in the twilight of his career .Tammy has all the attributes to become one .I think this lad will be heading for the very top in the not too distant future ,we're lucky to have him for a season

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tammy v Llorente on 06:45 - Aug 22 with 492 viewsNirvana

Tammy v Llorente on 07:27 - Aug 21 by TheResurrection

It's much more a huge ask thinking Llorente can repeat his goal tally of last year. It was like his second or third highest in his career. And it's not as if he's done that every year.

I see you, res.

Bbullsshitt posing at its worst, again. No one has made a comparison but you, simply because it fits your 'narrative'.

You will try and create an angle to be "right" with literally everything. Get a new script, the desperation is nauseating.

P.S. "Allow me to remind you" Llorente scored 11, 14, 14, 18, and 17 league goals in consecutive seasons with Bilbao, and then 16 with Juventus the year after. 7 out of the last 10 seasons he has double-digit league goals.

As always with you, blatantly wrong and throwing up a lot of hyperbolic bbullsshitt to save face.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024