Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tammy v Llorente 23:41 - Aug 20 with 3148 viewsTheResurrection

Been reading some crap on here [again] about Tammy and him not getting the goals Llorente would.

Bullshit like Llorente would've buried that......

You need your memory testing if you think as superficially and naively as that.

Allow me to remind you.

Llorente got his FIRST goal for us against Man City at home towards the end of September - yeah, like 4/5 weeks away. And let me also remind you, he hadn't even looked like scoring up to that point. We all remember his open goal miss in last Summer's friendly yeah??

Can I just ask a little favour - before putting your name to your dross, stop and think about what you're going to embarrass yourselves with.

Tammy has had a mildly tough start, it has been Southampton away and Man U home - same as Llorente last season, that was a nightmare start too - but Tammy has been super unlucky on at least 5 times.

He's just there, or thereabouts in the right place at the right time. His instinct for that is second to none.

If Clement sticks with him, this boy will get goals - no question about it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Tammy v Llorente on 23:44 - Aug 20 with 2236 viewsSwanjaxs

I agree, Abraham given the rite service will get us 15+ goals this season imho

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Tammy v Llorente on 00:43 - Aug 21 with 2113 viewsItchySphincter

Well he's gonna need a goal soon.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tammy v Llorente on 02:11 - Aug 21 with 2065 viewsJack_Kass

Thats nice but Abraham is not a seasoned veteran like Llorente, who's been around more than a hot second, and done the lot.

Any attempt to compare the two is a bit futile

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Tammy v Llorente on 03:00 - Aug 21 with 2040 viewsCooperman

A fit and match sharp Llorente would PROBABLY have buried that chance.
The Llorente that we saw for the first few months last season would be less likely to. One of the points that The Res is making is don't forget his slow start last season. By the time he got to the New Year he was in full swing nutting them in from various angles, just don't forget August and September and some of the things written on here at the time.

Anyone who expects Tammy to walk into the pace of the Premier League and be an instant success has got it wrong. Regardless of what he's done over the summer with England this is another level up again. He also will need time to adjust.

Another point that The Res is making is that he sees enough in him to believe that he will come good. Nobody can predict this for certain but it's about reading the signs. FWIW I share the same opinion. If the midfield keep feeding him, which is another issue in its own right, then Tammy will score goals.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tammy v Llorente on 03:22 - Aug 21 with 2029 viewsDewi1jack

Personally speaking I think Tammy will be an excellent player.
The lad is just a kid at the mo- good enough at that age to be a top championship striker/ PL striker yet our own U24's can't get near the match day squad, because of sh1te recruitment (KO'fukinL in charge FFS?.)
Guess we can see who's wasting/ wasted money there then.

Please remember that Bony, who everyone seems to be fawning over for him to get back here, needed a hatful of chances in a game to score.
And missed an awful lot of "gilt edged chances" then as well.
Even Latchford and Michu used to miss so called sitters as well.

Give Tammy a break.
The lad is going to be a really good striker in the future

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Tammy v Llorente on 03:27 - Aug 21 with 2024 viewsKilkennyjack

Tammy is a top player. The end.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 3:27]

Beware of the Risen People

Tammy v Llorente on 05:37 - Aug 21 with 1960 viewsLeonWasGod

Tammy v Llorente on 03:22 - Aug 21 by Dewi1jack

Personally speaking I think Tammy will be an excellent player.
The lad is just a kid at the mo- good enough at that age to be a top championship striker/ PL striker yet our own U24's can't get near the match day squad, because of sh1te recruitment (KO'fukinL in charge FFS?.)
Guess we can see who's wasting/ wasted money there then.

Please remember that Bony, who everyone seems to be fawning over for him to get back here, needed a hatful of chances in a game to score.
And missed an awful lot of "gilt edged chances" then as well.
Even Latchford and Michu used to miss so called sitters as well.

Give Tammy a break.
The lad is going to be a really good striker in the future

His movement for that first chance was sublime. Not his fault Ayew couldn't put it in the right place.

It's a big ask though, hanging our hopes on him. He may or may not have a good season, but we shouldn't be in the position that we have to rely on players with virtually no experience at this level. Last thing we want is another slow start and a repeat of last year.
Tammy v Llorente on 07:20 - Aug 21 with 1797 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 02:11 - Aug 21 by Jack_Kass

Thats nice but Abraham is not a seasoned veteran like Llorente, who's been around more than a hot second, and done the lot.

Any attempt to compare the two is a bit futile

It's not me doing the comparing, it's mugs like you.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Tammy v Llorente on 07:24 - Aug 21 with 1784 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 03:00 - Aug 21 by Cooperman

A fit and match sharp Llorente would PROBABLY have buried that chance.
The Llorente that we saw for the first few months last season would be less likely to. One of the points that The Res is making is don't forget his slow start last season. By the time he got to the New Year he was in full swing nutting them in from various angles, just don't forget August and September and some of the things written on here at the time.

Anyone who expects Tammy to walk into the pace of the Premier League and be an instant success has got it wrong. Regardless of what he's done over the summer with England this is another level up again. He also will need time to adjust.

Another point that The Res is making is that he sees enough in him to believe that he will come good. Nobody can predict this for certain but it's about reading the signs. FWIW I share the same opinion. If the midfield keep feeding him, which is another issue in its own right, then Tammy will score goals.

Correct.

Also I've seen a whole lot more from Tammy than I did Llorente, especially in the early stages of last season.

And he was on 5 goals by the time the New Year came around. It depends on who we bring in, of course, as if it's Bony it may mean Tammy playing somewhere else or less time on the pitch, but, I've seen enough to think there's at least 5 goals in him before January and more.

Tammy v Llorente on 07:27 - Aug 21 with 1777 viewsjack247

It's unfair to judge Tammy on Saturdays game, the way we were set up he was always going to be isolated for most of the game. It would have been just as unfair to judge Llorente in a game like that and bar possibly getting his head on a set piece, he'd have found it just as frustrating. Tammy is clearly not as physically imposing as Llorente, but he has pace, clever movement and he can finish. Will be interesting to see what he can do with a bit more support.
Tammy v Llorente on 07:27 - Aug 21 with 1777 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 05:37 - Aug 21 by LeonWasGod

His movement for that first chance was sublime. Not his fault Ayew couldn't put it in the right place.

It's a big ask though, hanging our hopes on him. He may or may not have a good season, but we shouldn't be in the position that we have to rely on players with virtually no experience at this level. Last thing we want is another slow start and a repeat of last year.

It's much more a huge ask thinking Llorente can repeat his goal tally of last year. It was like his second or third highest in his career. And it's not as if he's done that every year.

Tammy v Llorente on 08:05 - Aug 21 with 1673 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tammy v Llorente on 07:27 - Aug 21 by TheResurrection

It's much more a huge ask thinking Llorente can repeat his goal tally of last year. It was like his second or third highest in his career. And it's not as if he's done that every year.

Siggy was putting them on a plate for llorente mun .

Tammy is raw , I like him .

He should be on 3 goals already ,he's not
And you'd be slaughtering Llorente if he missed those chances with his head 😉

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tammy v Llorente on 08:31 - Aug 21 with 1620 viewsTheResurrection

Tammy v Llorente on 08:05 - Aug 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Total rubbish.

I never slated Llorente once for missed chances. My issues with him have always been around his slow, clunky hold up play. Every striker misses chances but the the major art of the position is being in the right place at the right time, and Tammy is already a past master in this. This alone will mean he'll get us goals.

Tammy v Llorente on 08:40 - Aug 21 with 1591 viewspencoedjack

Tammy v Llorente on 08:05 - Aug 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

I still think Llorente will be sold this week

I am liking the look of Tammy but fear he's needs to get off the mark soon, a young 19
year old striker lacking confidence is the last thing we need.

For the record (IMO) Llorente would of buried both the headed chances that have fallen to Tammy.

If Llorente is fit Saturday Id start him with Tammy playing off him.
Tammy v Llorente on 08:55 - Aug 21 with 1557 viewsCooperman

Tammy v Llorente on 08:40 - Aug 21 by pencoedjack

I still think Llorente will be sold this week

I am liking the look of Tammy but fear he's needs to get off the mark soon, a young 19
year old striker lacking confidence is the last thing we need.

For the record (IMO) Llorente would of buried both the headed chances that have fallen to Tammy.

If Llorente is fit Saturday Id start him with Tammy playing off him.

I wouldn't. Tammy is getting up to speed with PL pace whereas Llorente is back to the position that he was last August. I'd start him on the bench and bring him on in line with the game position.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tammy v Llorente on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 1500 viewsSTID2017

Tammy v Llorente on 08:31 - Aug 21 by TheResurrection

Total rubbish.

I never slated Llorente once for missed chances. My issues with him have always been around his slow, clunky hold up play. Every striker misses chances but the the major art of the position is being in the right place at the right time, and Tammy is already a past master in this. This alone will mean he'll get us goals.

In fairness there's room for both in our squad.
Tammy is young and relatively inexperienced. People shouldn't place too much expectations on him.
Llorente is not an end to end player, but with the direct service from crosses, corners, and free kicks there's no reason why he won't get 20 goals this season.
It's important to both we strengthen the squad with some quality additions

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Tammy v Llorente on 09:17 - Aug 21 with 1480 viewspencoedjack

Tammy v Llorente on 09:10 - Aug 21 by STID2017

In fairness there's room for both in our squad.
Tammy is young and relatively inexperienced. People shouldn't place too much expectations on him.
Llorente is not an end to end player, but with the direct service from crosses, corners, and free kicks there's no reason why he won't get 20 goals this season.
It's important to both we strengthen the squad with some quality additions

Sorry the expectations should be high if he's the main man up top
Tammy v Llorente on 09:26 - Aug 21 with 1452 viewsSPboy

Tammy v Llorente on 08:55 - Aug 21 by Cooperman

I wouldn't. Tammy is getting up to speed with PL pace whereas Llorente is back to the position that he was last August. I'd start him on the bench and bring him on in line with the game position.

Tammy made some good runs to get in to good positions and is showing very good promise. He is more mobile than Llorente. His hold up play and power in the air is not as good as he has not bulked up yet, this would most likely impact his mobility any way.

Tammy never scored many goals for Bristol with his head. Most of the goals were stab ins or shots from close range with the defences in diasarray. He won't get anywhere near as many chances like that in the PL.

Neither Llorente or Abrahams will score as many as last season because neither will get the service from our current players as those were provided by our record transfer sale. So who will make up that shortfall ? ... our current squad will not.
Tammy v Llorente on 09:40 - Aug 21 with 1407 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tammy v Llorente on 07:20 - Aug 21 by TheResurrection

It's not me doing the comparing, it's mugs like you.

You started a thread comparing them ;-)
We need both. They are different types of players.
For Tammy to thrive we need to seriously up our game in midfield and get the ball to feet in the box. There lies a problem due to the (so far) complete abortion of a transfer window.
Llorente on the other hand can deliver the goods provided we can cross into the box. Probably an easier option with our current inadequate set up. Also there is no reason why he can't deliver the goods again this season. He was signed in another poor and late window and worked under three managers one of whom was a basket case. We now have a coach that can play to his strengths so there is hope he can recapture last seasons form though it is going to take a few weeks. Something we don't have due to the Jenkins cock ups.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 9:41]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tammy v Llorente on 10:02 - Aug 21 with 1343 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 09:26 - Aug 21 by SPboy

Tammy made some good runs to get in to good positions and is showing very good promise. He is more mobile than Llorente. His hold up play and power in the air is not as good as he has not bulked up yet, this would most likely impact his mobility any way.

Tammy never scored many goals for Bristol with his head. Most of the goals were stab ins or shots from close range with the defences in diasarray. He won't get anywhere near as many chances like that in the PL.

Neither Llorente or Abrahams will score as many as last season because neither will get the service from our current players as those were provided by our record transfer sale. So who will make up that shortfall ? ... our current squad will not.

Neither Llorente or Abraham's what? (It's Abraham!).

Anyway back on point. You are correct. We have essentially taken £65m worth out of this side. Until that is reinvested we are asking the new players and players left over to work double time. Our squad is weakened.

Llorente I doubt would have scored against Man United given the same chances presented, and may have 1 to his name against Saints - but that is nowhere near a foregone conclusion as some are marking it down as. I have seen Llorente miss far easier, closer range chances than that, especially as it would have been the not match fit Llorente. He also would not have created the chance that Tammy did that missed by a whisker.

Crystal balls are doing a roaring trade in Swansea judging by many comments on here. If he was playing poorly then it would be one thing, but this lad has looked great. People should be supporting him not hoping he doesn't score just to poke their tongue out at people on here, which I most certainly feel is the case.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tammy v Llorente on 10:07 - Aug 21 with 1329 viewscostalotta

Tammy v Llorente on 10:02 - Aug 21 by E20Jack

Neither Llorente or Abraham's what? (It's Abraham!).

Anyway back on point. You are correct. We have essentially taken £65m worth out of this side. Until that is reinvested we are asking the new players and players left over to work double time. Our squad is weakened.

Llorente I doubt would have scored against Man United given the same chances presented, and may have 1 to his name against Saints - but that is nowhere near a foregone conclusion as some are marking it down as. I have seen Llorente miss far easier, closer range chances than that, especially as it would have been the not match fit Llorente. He also would not have created the chance that Tammy did that missed by a whisker.

Crystal balls are doing a roaring trade in Swansea judging by many comments on here. If he was playing poorly then it would be one thing, but this lad has looked great. People should be supporting him not hoping he doesn't score just to poke their tongue out at people on here, which I most certainly feel is the case.

Did you use one of those crystal balls to help you construct your 3rd paragraph?
Tammy v Llorente on 10:34 - Aug 21 with 1266 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 10:07 - Aug 21 by costalotta

Did you use one of those crystal balls to help you construct your 3rd paragraph?

I see nothing but a statement of fact there.

1) "I doubt Llorente would have scored against Man United given the same chances". That is a fact I do doubt it.

2) "Llorente wouldn't have carved out that chance Tammy did against Saints". When have you ever seen Llorente turn a defender with a backheel spin and get a left footed shot off?

Never, correct. Me neither.

Same as Leon wouldn't beat Olli McBurnie in a jumping contest. Some things are a physical given and Llorente is not a flair player just like Leon is not a tall one.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 10:35]

Tammy v Llorente on 10:45 - Aug 21 with 1233 viewscostalotta

Tammy v Llorente on 10:34 - Aug 21 by E20Jack

I see nothing but a statement of fact there.

1) "I doubt Llorente would have scored against Man United given the same chances". That is a fact I do doubt it.

2) "Llorente wouldn't have carved out that chance Tammy did against Saints". When have you ever seen Llorente turn a defender with a backheel spin and get a left footed shot off?

Never, correct. Me neither.

Same as Leon wouldn't beat Olli McBurnie in a jumping contest. Some things are a physical given and Llorente is not a flair player just like Leon is not a tall one.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 10:35]

You're a funny guy!

Yo responded to spboy to what was his opinion. You then suggest crystal balls are involved. Perhaps it was your attempt at humour? Anyway...

I merely note that you too gave an opinion so I was just pointing out that you may also have had one of the crystal balls somwhere?
Tammy v Llorente on 10:54 - Aug 21 with 1208 viewsE20Jack

Tammy v Llorente on 10:45 - Aug 21 by costalotta

You're a funny guy!

Yo responded to spboy to what was his opinion. You then suggest crystal balls are involved. Perhaps it was your attempt at humour? Anyway...

I merely note that you too gave an opinion so I was just pointing out that you may also have had one of the crystal balls somwhere?

I am a sensibke guy, if you find sense funny and then that's your thing. Great.

No, you are clearly wrong, read it again. I responded to spboy's comments initially. I made the point that he was correct regarding Llorente probably struggling in a side that has been severely weakened.

I then went on to say "some of the opinions on this board" are representing a roaring trade in crystal balls. Referring clearly (or so I thought) to the fact that people have been saying Llorente WOULD have scored Tammys header at Southampton and are already essentially marking him down for the goal, which is rubbish.

I appreciate you merely noting, but try and understand what is being said next time.

Tammy v Llorente on 11:00 - Aug 21 with 1201 viewscostalotta

Tammy v Llorente on 10:54 - Aug 21 by E20Jack

I am a sensibke guy, if you find sense funny and then that's your thing. Great.

No, you are clearly wrong, read it again. I responded to spboy's comments initially. I made the point that he was correct regarding Llorente probably struggling in a side that has been severely weakened.

I then went on to say "some of the opinions on this board" are representing a roaring trade in crystal balls. Referring clearly (or so I thought) to the fact that people have been saying Llorente WOULD have scored Tammys header at Southampton and are already essentially marking him down for the goal, which is rubbish.

I appreciate you merely noting, but try and understand what is being said next time.

I more that understand, rest assured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024