Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. 07:51 - Aug 21 with 3795 viewsTheResurrection

Clement now saying he's hoping to have someone in before Palace but still talking like they're searching through a list.

By now these should've been specific targets with deals tied up.

The Trust prepared a statement of concern and then went into hiding and brushedthings under the carpet AGAIN.

Where is it? Produce it. And show the fans you actually have the tiniest amount of balls and care more about us than your new cosy bastard relationship with Steve and facking Jas !!!!

This is unbelievable. There's just over a week to go FFS.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:07 - Aug 21 with 2177 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Indeed ,It's been another disaster of a transfer window so far .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:10 - Aug 21 with 2168 viewsMeraki

Its a sad state of affairs
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:14 - Aug 21 with 2153 viewsDafyddHuw

The Res - I'm not usually one for your posts, but this thread is totally on the spot.

All arrangements for getting players in should have been up and runnung and just pretty much waiting for signatures for at least the last week.

And again being shafted by the Trust.

It's all so very depressing. I have a total disconnect with the club at the moment.
There's two bright spots at the moment for me - Clem and Mesa. The rest, which is the club and the people and organisations involved, just make me want to heav e.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:24 - Aug 21 with 2097 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I do agree with the sentiment of this post, as i would've liked players in before the saints game, but it seems that the issue of money has played its part this summer. Also, whilst not wanting to defend the club on this, the market is very dynamic, for example with arias, its been reported that he now only has indicated he's interested in joining. That might have meant we've had to shift targets or priorities. Admittedly, it seems like other clubs can deal with this far better than our club.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:32 - Aug 21 with 2068 viewsCooperman

"Hoping to have someone before Palace" may just be a case of sitting on the fence for the media and I sincerely hope that it is. If it's reality then it's a poor effort from the back room boys. I thought I had read a previous PC statement that said replacements and targets were lined up pending the Siggy sale, anyone else see this?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:45 - Aug 21 with 2031 viewsawayjack

I struggle to work out who does what at our club.

- we knew Siggy wanted out last May. Nothing done to plan for replacement.
- the £45m offer took 3 weeks to finalise. Why and who was negotiating? Crap Huw?
- our club behave as if it's some suprise, with no quality AM to replace, seem to scraping barrel.
- we've quickly got rid of 15+ players. Seemingly done quickly. Why are we snail paced slow to bring in players?

It's obvious most of blame goes to our Mr incompetent HJ, but who's else is responsible for inbound transfers?

If it's not gross incompetence, then perhaps the conspiracy theory that we're looking to make £20+profit on players and cut £20m off wages to, with the new Sky money make a high profit for the yanks to exit. Seems to be most logical as we can't be this shit at transfers.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:48 - Aug 21 with 2017 viewsSTID2017

TBH this my fear that I and many others have been banging on about for months.
It's great to get £45 million for a player if you replace him and get better.
If we don't and get relegated then we'll rue the day.
But at least you're happy he's gone Chris eh.
It's only two games so there's a long way to go yet, but we need some quality additions soon.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:49 - Aug 21 with 2015 viewsnantywatcher

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:14 - Aug 21 by DafyddHuw

The Res - I'm not usually one for your posts, but this thread is totally on the spot.

All arrangements for getting players in should have been up and runnung and just pretty much waiting for signatures for at least the last week.

And again being shafted by the Trust.

It's all so very depressing. I have a total disconnect with the club at the moment.
There's two bright spots at the moment for me - Clem and Mesa. The rest, which is the club and the people and organisations involved, just make me want to heav e.

Bright spots -Clement and Mesa?? PC's substitutions ensured we got thrashed and great individual performances got shoved under the carpet because of the fall out and must have had an affect on team moral. I'm thinking of players like Tom Carroll who gave Pogba a hell of a game. And Mesa looks well overpriced at the moment, and needs to up his game (which we're told he can) to be considered a guaranteed first team starting place. Personally I thought there were plenty of bright spots on Saturday, but NOT those two.
Login to get fewer ads

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:56 - Aug 21 with 1983 viewsWarwickHunt

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:45 - Aug 21 by awayjack

- the £45m offer took 3 weeks to finalise. Why and who was negotiating? Crap Huw?
- our club behave as if it's some suprise, with no quality AM to replace, seem to scraping barrel.
- we've quickly got rid of 15+ players. Seemingly done quickly. Why are we snail paced slow to bring in players?

It's obvious most of blame goes to our Mr incompetent HJ, but who's else is responsible for inbound transfers?

If it's not gross incompetence, then perhaps the conspiracy theory that we're looking to make £20+profit on players and cut £20m off wages to, with the new Sky money make a high profit for the yanks to exit. Seems to be most logical as we can't be this shit at transfers.

Oh, we are... we most certainly are.

We always will be while that arrogant, slow-witted egomaniac has anything to do with it.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:00 - Aug 21 with 1955 viewsLandore_Jack

Agree with the Op. I think were skint until the Siggy money rolled in.

#backtojack

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 1901 viewsNOTRAC

We seem to have a manager who has no balls. Where has he been over the summer, he should have been shouting about the need to bring in players.We were pleased with his appointment because of his so called contacts.Well, if they exist there is no sign of them at the moment.
He seems to be a yes man to Jenkins and the money men.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:13 - Aug 21 with 1885 viewsDarran

I'm actually surprised at this thread especially as we were awesome against Sampdoria.
Guffaw.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:14 - Aug 21 with 1878 viewsSwansNZ

I would have thought the OP would just be happy that we sold Gylfi, waste of space as he was, right.

Of course the club should have had transfers lined up ready to go, the instant Gylfi was sold - sold, for £45 million, he didn't just walk out of the club.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:15 - Aug 21 with 1876 viewsSTID2017

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:10 - Aug 21 by NOTRAC

We seem to have a manager who has no balls. Where has he been over the summer, he should have been shouting about the need to bring in players.We were pleased with his appointment because of his so called contacts.Well, if they exist there is no sign of them at the moment.
He seems to be a yes man to Jenkins and the money men.

I think Clement came in Jan full of drive and determination.
I feel he looks and sounds worn down by the money men.
If he goes, hope he walks before he is pushed out and blamed by these idiots that run our club

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:24 - Aug 21 with 1838 viewsNOTRAC

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:15 - Aug 21 by STID2017

I think Clement came in Jan full of drive and determination.
I feel he looks and sounds worn down by the money men.
If he goes, hope he walks before he is pushed out and blamed by these idiots that run our club

I think you are probably right.
To think that Jenkins is running the show again is unbelievable.
To see him running it on what is basically an exact copy of last year's opening disaster's situation is utterly depressing .

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:25 - Aug 21 with 1835 viewscostalotta

Just illustrates more than ever the lies and total incompetence of our chairman. What makes matters worse is it's being followed up by a weak and nervous Trust leadership.... again.

Letter of concern, you couldn't make it up. Act!

Cue those who will say what have the Trust done...why blame the Trust...they didn't know... they give up their personal time Yada yada!
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:33 - Aug 21 with 1798 viewsWarwickHunt

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:24 - Aug 21 by NOTRAC

I think you are probably right.
To think that Jenkins is running the show again is unbelievable.
To see him running it on what is basically an exact copy of last year's opening disaster's situation is utterly depressing .

You'd have thought the Yanks would have sussed the aching fûckwit by now.

At least they seem to have insisted on a minimum fee for Siggy. For that small mercy we should be grateful.
Gonzo can buy five crap players instead of two...
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:44 - Aug 21 with 1741 viewsnantywatcher

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:33 - Aug 21 by WarwickHunt

You'd have thought the Yanks would have sussed the aching fûckwit by now.

At least they seem to have insisted on a minimum fee for Siggy. For that small mercy we should be grateful.
Gonzo can buy five crap players instead of two...

My reading of the situation is just the opposite. I think it's the Americans (how can you run a multi,multi million pound buisiness, part time from 3/4,000 miles away? By paying some jerk, who knows nothing about football £700k a year to do f***all.)
I strongly believe if HJ had had his way we would have banked £40 mill five weeks ago and have had three new players in the squad for the Soton game.
HJ is still a s**thouse by the way.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:48 - Aug 21 with 1709 viewsShaky

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 08:45 - Aug 21 by awayjack

So with your 30 years experience in Mergers & Acquisitions you believe it is a conspiracy theory to suppose professional fund-based investors have an exit strategy?

Cool story, bro.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:53 - Aug 21 with 1674 viewsbuilthjack

We knew Siggy was going. Even if we were going to get 40m for him, Clement should have had that to spend a month ago.

One thing that amazes me. Lots of noise on here about Jenkins, the Yanks etc. Yet at the game on Saturday I didn't hear one chant against any of them, no banners saying Jenkins, Yanks out. Why?

t

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 10:05 - Aug 21 with 1623 viewsWarwickHunt

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:44 - Aug 21 by nantywatcher

My reading of the situation is just the opposite. I think it's the Americans (how can you run a multi,multi million pound buisiness, part time from 3/4,000 miles away? By paying some jerk, who knows nothing about football £700k a year to do f***all.)
I strongly believe if HJ had had his way we would have banked £40 mill five weeks ago and have had three new players in the squad for the Soton game.
HJ is still a s**thouse by the way.

If Jenkins had his way we'd have banked the money weeks ago - it would have been closer to £20m than £40m though...and he'd still be dithering over new players.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 10:06 - Aug 21 with 1616 viewsDafyddHuw

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:53 - Aug 21 by builthjack

We knew Siggy was going. Even if we were going to get 40m for him, Clement should have had that to spend a month ago.

One thing that amazes me. Lots of noise on here about Jenkins, the Yanks etc. Yet at the game on Saturday I didn't hear one chant against any of them, no banners saying Jenkins, Yanks out. Why?

t

Yes, exactly. Why?
We should be handing out fliers at turnstiles, holding up cards for MOTD cameras. And it should be being led and organised by a body that represents the supporters.
The cards/fliers could also br paid for by subscriptions by the fans into that body. Unfortunately, we don't have anything like that.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 11:27 - Aug 21 with 1451 viewsNOTRAC

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 09:53 - Aug 21 by builthjack

t

The trouble is our level of expectation has all but disappeared.Most probably believe we are too small to stay in the Premiership anyway.They forget that only four years ago we were comfortable and capable of winning a major trophy.
All coincides with Jenkins taking over the recruitment of players from our managers.
We have accepted a situation where we can only buy if we sell first. Every manager until Monk brought in players of their own choice, Sinclair,Rangel, Chico, Michu. These players cost very little.They definitely weren't discovered and brought in by Jenkins.
This is where our current manager has been disappointing. Despite excellent contacts he doesn't seem to have brought in anyone of his own choice.

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 11:36 - Aug 21 with 1407 viewsrob

Forget the Siggy money, the club needed to spend around 50m to improve the side and avoid another poor season like the last. But, what has been done? Shambles.
As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 11:43 - Aug 21 with 1380 viewsMeraki

As soon as Siggy walked we should have had players coming in. on 11:27 - Aug 21 by NOTRAC

The trouble is our level of expectation has all but disappeared.Most probably believe we are too small to stay in the Premiership anyway.They forget that only four years ago we were comfortable and capable of winning a major trophy.
All coincides with Jenkins taking over the recruitment of players from our managers.
We have accepted a situation where we can only buy if we sell first. Every manager until Monk brought in players of their own choice, Sinclair,Rangel, Chico, Michu. These players cost very little.They definitely weren't discovered and brought in by Jenkins.
This is where our current manager has been disappointing. Despite excellent contacts he doesn't seem to have brought in anyone of his own choice.

We've got that "money ball" guy now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024