Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge always loses possession. 12:41 - Aug 21 with 5213 viewsswanforthemoney

I always had Routs down as a stalwart, decent player, not flashy but did a job, team player.
These days there's something really bugging me. When the ball comes to Routledge thats it, we lose possession. Either he gets dispossessed by his marker, or he passes the ball and it goes to the opposition, his passes are consistently picked off.
This was happeneing most of last season and now as sub in the Man U game. The speed of the game has overtaken him, Im afraid he's had his day. I felt our attacking threat was actually diminished when he came on. At least before that, there was room for Olssen to advance down the left.
If he had any eye for goal, it might be worth persisting, but his conversion rate is poor. He had a few one on ones last season and managed to slip it the wrong side of the post.
Ill admit he made fine cross in the Southampton game, that should have been converted, but seeing it from him really seemed like the exception rather than the rule.
Sad to say it, but i think he should go, and as I cant see anyone coming in on Premier League wages, presumably it would have to be a loan to a championship club with us subsidising it.

I stand in the North Stand

Routledge always loses possession. on 16:19 - Aug 21 with 1178 viewsplasmarljack

Routledge has no back bone at all. when have you ever seen him get
excited or annoyed or even seen him smile? he's clinging on for as long
as he can. Narsingn is the new Routledge.
Routledge always loses possession. on 16:24 - Aug 21 with 1164 viewsBytholWyn

Routledge always loses possession. on 16:19 - Aug 21 by plasmarljack

I'm sure this will be a major focus of Clement's training this week "forget about everything else just make sure you show your emotions on the pitch".

FFS
Routledge always loses possession. on 16:27 - Aug 21 with 1154 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge always loses possession. on 16:19 - Aug 21 by plasmarljack

Wonder if his character has stopped him settling down anywhere in the past?

Maybe we are too soft and full of sentiment !?

Although he has played a part in our rise no doubt
Routledge always loses possession. on 16:35 - Aug 21 with 1144 viewsplasmarljack

Routledge always loses possession. on 16:24 - Aug 21 by BytholWyn

I'm sure this will be a major focus of Clement's training this week "forget about everything else just make sure you show your emotions on the pitch".

FFS

My point is some people have to be shaken to get any type of response. And whether you like it or not, you can tell a lot about personality by observing emotional behavior... It's called character Mapping.

FFS
Routledge always loses possession. on 17:39 - Aug 21 with 1093 viewsicecoldjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 16:35 - Aug 21 by plasmarljack

My point is some people have to be shaken to get any type of response. And whether you like it or not, you can tell a lot about personality by observing emotional behavior... It's called character Mapping.

FFS

So would you prefer Routs character or Shelveys ?
Routledge always loses possession. on 17:45 - Aug 21 with 1086 viewsOldjack

I always had Routs down as a stalwart, decent player, not flashy but did a job, team player.
These days there's something really bugging me. When the ball comes to Routledge thats it, we lose possession. Either he gets dispossessed by his marker, or he passes the ball and it goes to the opposition, his passes are consistently picked off.
This was happeneing most of last season and now as sub in the Man U game. The speed of the game has overtaken him, Im afraid he's had his day. I felt our attacking threat was actually diminished when he came on. At least before that, there was room for Olssen to advance down the left.
If he had any eye for goal, it might be worth persisting, but his conversion rate is poor. He had a few one on ones last season and managed to slip it the wrong side of the post.
Ill admit he made fine cross in the Southampton game, that should have been converted, but seeing it from him really seemed like the exception rather than the rule.
Sad to say it, but i think he should go, and as I cant see anyone coming in on Premier League wages, presumably it would have to be a loan to a championship club with us subsidising it.

Not flashy you say ,Why does the dope always try to pass the ball or shoot which i might add is not very often ,with the outside of his boot ,which more often than not ends up being a disaster ,when a simple straightforward pass will do , it drives me nuts

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Routledge always loses possession. on 23:57 - Aug 21 with 1023 viewsawayjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 17:45 - Aug 21 by Oldjack

Not flashy you say ,Why does the dope always try to pass the ball or shoot which i might add is not very often ,with the outside of his boot ,which more often than not ends up being a disaster ,when a simple straightforward pass will do , it drives me nuts

Agree painful to watch a player that was decent a couple of seasons ago decline so much. If fans can see this clearly, what do the board see to give him an extended contract. He's hardly going to improve. Our 4 reaming wingers are all way below quality we need. They are taking a huge amount in wages, so like Barrow, ship them out and get one quality player to replace them.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Aug 24 with 979 viewsawayjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 14:52 - Aug 21 by BytholWyn

Routledge got a lot of praise for his performance in the friendly against Sampdoria - and rightly so. And yet, how quickly that (and his peach of a cross against Southampton which should be a mark in his assists column) is forgotten

Yes, Routs' better days are behind him, and yes, his place in the squad is open to question, but what a ludicrous over-reaction to a 23 minute performance. By the time the transfer window closes and we have players fully fit the chances are that his game time will be very limited - if he's still here. But whilst he's still here let's show a bit of respect and proportion.

I know - this is a football forum and what do I expect - but I'm fed up of all this mindless scapegoating.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024