Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge always loses possession. 12:41 - Aug 21 with 5179 viewsswanforthemoney

I always had Routs down as a stalwart, decent player, not flashy but did a job, team player.
These days there's something really bugging me. When the ball comes to Routledge thats it, we lose possession. Either he gets dispossessed by his marker, or he passes the ball and it goes to the opposition, his passes are consistently picked off.
This was happeneing most of last season and now as sub in the Man U game. The speed of the game has overtaken him, Im afraid he's had his day. I felt our attacking threat was actually diminished when he came on. At least before that, there was room for Olssen to advance down the left.
If he had any eye for goal, it might be worth persisting, but his conversion rate is poor. He had a few one on ones last season and managed to slip it the wrong side of the post.
Ill admit he made fine cross in the Southampton game, that should have been converted, but seeing it from him really seemed like the exception rather than the rule.
Sad to say it, but i think he should go, and as I cant see anyone coming in on Premier League wages, presumably it would have to be a loan to a championship club with us subsidising it.

I stand in the North Stand

Routledge always loses possession. on 12:47 - Aug 21 with 3993 viewsAl_Bundy

Sadly he's been out of his depth for a good while.. begs the question he's been offered a 4 year contract. Truly bizarre to say the least.
Routledge always loses possession. on 12:49 - Aug 21 with 3982 viewsPegojack

Routledge always loses possession. on 12:47 - Aug 21 by Al_Bundy

Sadly he's been out of his depth for a good while.. begs the question he's been offered a 4 year contract. Truly bizarre to say the least.

Another appalling decision by Jenkins.
Routledge always loses possession. on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 3961 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge always loses possession. on 12:49 - Aug 21 by Pegojack

Another appalling decision by Jenkins.

Ludicrous even by his pitiful standards.
Routledge always loses possession. on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 3959 viewspencoedjack

I think he only signed a 2 year contract .....

Contracted till 2019 (although still to long as a starter in the side)
Routledge always loses possession. on 13:06 - Aug 21 with 3918 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It probably made sense at the time when we looked like Championship fodder.
Routledge always loses possession. on 13:09 - Aug 21 with 3903 viewsLandore_Jack

I'm still trying to understand why Dyer was handed a 4 year contract last season.

#backtojack

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:11 - Aug 21 with 3888 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:06 - Aug 21 by A_Fans_Dad

It probably made sense at the time when we looked like Championship fodder.

I didn't think it made sense at the time, neither did it to many on here.

Dyer was another shocker IMO

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 3877 viewsA_Fans_Dad

According to Squawka Routledge only managed a 64% pass completion rate in 2016/2017, the worst of our 4 wingers.
Narsingh by comparison had an 88% rate.
Routledge has dropped off to 59% this season and due to not much game time Narsingh is currrently on 100%.
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:23 - Aug 21 with 3850 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:18 - Aug 21 by A_Fans_Dad

According to Squawka Routledge only managed a 64% pass completion rate in 2016/2017, the worst of our 4 wingers.
Narsingh by comparison had an 88% rate.
Routledge has dropped off to 59% this season and due to not much game time Narsingh is currrently on 100%.

Narsingh, been very disappointing as well.

Hello

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:28 - Aug 21 with 3827 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:23 - Aug 21 by Flashberryjack

Narsingh, been very disappointing as well.

Well if you find those stats disappointing, what do you think of Rout's?
Routledge always loses possession. on 13:31 - Aug 21 with 3819 viewsDafyddHuw

"Routledge always loses possession" is about as groundbreaking news as "Routledge only uses the outside of his right foot". He must have got one-and-a-half boots that must be brand new.
Routledge always loses possession. on 13:35 - Aug 21 with 3806 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:28 - Aug 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Well if you find those stats disappointing, what do you think of Rout's?

I've made no secret of my feelings on Routledge, what do you think of Narsingh ?

Hello

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:40 - Aug 21 with 3793 viewsraynor94

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:35 - Aug 21 by Flashberryjack

I've made no secret of my feelings on Routledge, what do you think of Narsingh ?

Me, disappointing would be the understatement of the year

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:59 - Aug 21 with 3751 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Routledge always loses possession. on 13:35 - Aug 21 by Flashberryjack

Me, I don't think he has had enough playing time to really rate him, he is an improvement on what we had, last season he had 3 assists in a quarter of the playing time of the other strikers who only managed 1 each.
I say give him more time under PC, if he gives it he must think he is OK.
That is one of the reasons I can't understand our previous & current Manager starting Routledge before others, he has become totally inadequate in the Winger role.
Routledge always loses possession. on 14:14 - Aug 21 with 3719 viewsicecoldjack

Think we all know Routs is on the way down, i'm sure Wayne knows that too, problem is that after 6 yrs we've really not managed to find anyone better which is quite frankly shocking stuff from the board.

I like Routs but the guy should not be a starter, like Britton he should be a last 20 mins safe pair of hands type player, his role should be to pass on his experience to the younger players, the fact he still plays and is first choice is not Routs fault it's a fault of the club being too inept to replace him.
Routledge always loses possession. on 14:19 - Aug 21 with 3695 viewsandypitt56

Routledge always loses possession. on 14:14 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

Think we all know Routs is on the way down, i'm sure Wayne knows that too, problem is that after 6 yrs we've really not managed to find anyone better which is quite frankly shocking stuff from the board.

I like Routs but the guy should not be a starter, like Britton he should be a last 20 mins safe pair of hands type player, his role should be to pass on his experience to the younger players, the fact he still plays and is first choice is not Routs fault it's a fault of the club being too inept to replace him.

He really isn't a safe pair of hands anymore. Just a liability now, another player i think we need to change is fernandez. I would like to see Bartley and Mawson next game. As much as Fernandez improved under clement, he always tries to match Mawson with the corssfield pass, but unlike mawson, he boots it out for a throw! every time...
Routledge always loses possession. on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 3666 viewsawayjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 14:14 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

Agree he's on hi way down but not sure if he's and impact player for last 20mins. He was terrible as a sub on Saturday and lost the ball 7-8 times in 10 mins. Routs and Dyer not been PL quality for a while. New long term contracts and costs shows how Hie has not concept of how wingers age and woeful cost control.
Routledge always loses possession. on 14:39 - Aug 21 with 3639 viewsicecoldjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 14:19 - Aug 21 by andypitt56

He really isn't a safe pair of hands anymore. Just a liability now, another player i think we need to change is fernandez. I would like to see Bartley and Mawson next game. As much as Fernandez improved under clement, he always tries to match Mawson with the corssfield pass, but unlike mawson, he boots it out for a throw! every time...

Well, when it mattered at the business end last season the likes of Routs and Britton worked their socks off and did everything to keep us up, for sure Routs isn't the same player these days but thats not his fault, the club should have signed far better over the last 6 yrs. The only player that we've had wide who was an improvement was Pablo, and we wern't prepared to extend his contract by 18 months apparently due to his age !

The board have been fooking things up for years but the likes of Rangel,Britts and Routs have been masking just how badly they've screwed up, now when they start losing a yard of pace and a split second of quick thinking they get the pelters!!

Nobody seems concerned to ask why the fook are Britts,Rangel and Routs still able to get games , we should have replaced them with better quality yonks ago but we haven't , that ain't a fault of an aging Routledge thats the fault of Jenkins and his mates running the club down and constantly doing things on the cheap.

Barrow
Pablo
Narsingh
Kenji gorre
Montero
Dyer
Emnes
Roland Lamah

How much has that lot cost in wages and fee's ? It's not Routs fault that nobody better has been signed, almost everyone of the above apart form Pablo has been a lucky dip bargin basement buy thats generally been sh1t .

People moaned about pablo being injured when he player around 30 games a season for 2 yrs, compare with the one trick pony Montero and you can see the poor lack of judgement from the board, they moved pablo on because they didn't want to extend his contract but almost every other player gets an extension to his contract here!! and promptly then does fook all for next few years!

Routs has had his best days and i'm sure he knows it but we shouldn't blame him for being on the field we should be blaming the board plain and simple.
Routledge always loses possession. on 14:46 - Aug 21 with 3612 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge always loses possession. on 14:19 - Aug 21 by andypitt56

No. He. Doesn't.

Anyway, our best player by a country mile on Saturday. Mawson had a shocker.
Routledge always loses possession. on 14:52 - Aug 21 with 3597 viewsBytholWyn

Routledge got a lot of praise for his performance in the friendly against Sampdoria - and rightly so. And yet, how quickly that (and his peach of a cross against Southampton which should be a mark in his assists column) is forgotten

Yes, Routs' better days are behind him, and yes, his place in the squad is open to question, but what a ludicrous over-reaction to a 23 minute performance. By the time the transfer window closes and we have players fully fit the chances are that his game time will be very limited - if he's still here. But whilst he's still here let's show a bit of respect and proportion.

I know - this is a football forum and what do I expect - but I'm fed up of all this mindless scapegoating.
Routledge always loses possession. on 14:57 - Aug 21 with 3583 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 14:39 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

Well, when it mattered at the business end last season the likes of Routs and Britton worked their socks off and did everything to keep us up, for sure Routs isn't the same player these days but thats not his fault, the club should have signed far better over the last 6 yrs. The only player that we've had wide who was an improvement was Pablo, and we wern't prepared to extend his contract by 18 months apparently due to his age !

The board have been fooking things up for years but the likes of Rangel,Britts and Routs have been masking just how badly they've screwed up, now when they start losing a yard of pace and a split second of quick thinking they get the pelters!!

Nobody seems concerned to ask why the fook are Britts,Rangel and Routs still able to get games , we should have replaced them with better quality yonks ago but we haven't , that ain't a fault of an aging Routledge thats the fault of Jenkins and his mates running the club down and constantly doing things on the cheap.

Barrow
Pablo
Narsingh
Kenji gorre
Montero
Dyer
Emnes
Roland Lamah

How much has that lot cost in wages and fee's ? It's not Routs fault that nobody better has been signed, almost everyone of the above apart form Pablo has been a lucky dip bargin basement buy thats generally been sh1t .

People moaned about pablo being injured when he player around 30 games a season for 2 yrs, compare with the one trick pony Montero and you can see the poor lack of judgement from the board, they moved pablo on because they didn't want to extend his contract but almost every other player gets an extension to his contract here!! and promptly then does fook all for next few years!

Routs has had his best days and i'm sure he knows it but we shouldn't blame him for being on the field we should be blaming the board plain and simple.

Routledge playing awful, is Routledge's fault, it's also the fault of the board that gave him a new contract and for not replacing him ages ago.

You could also say PC is at fault for picking him, but to be fair, when you've only have " not very good players" in that position to to pick from, then you have to play mmmmm! "not very good players.

At the end of the day the buck stops with Routledge' and the outside of his bloody awful boot.

Hello

Routledge always loses possession. on 15:03 - Aug 21 with 3573 viewsBonjour

We haven't had a winger with an end product for so long. Montero is the only one that can do something but he is far too inconsistent to be reliable.

Narsingh is equally as gas as the rest from what we've seen. He's not even quick which is what we were led to believe.

Is it too much to ask for a winger to have pace, be able to beat a man and either deliver a decent cross or maybe even score a goal??

And don't get me started on Routledge - the guy is a joke - we are literally laughing whenever he gets the ball and inevitably gives it away or runs into touch.

When I saw him and Narsingh coming on on Saturday to try to change the game against United - well, that's when you realise how weak our squad is.
Routledge always loses possession. on 15:08 - Aug 21 with 3559 viewsawayjack

Routledge always loses possession. on 14:52 - Aug 21 by BytholWyn

Routledge got a lot of praise for his performance in the friendly against Sampdoria - and rightly so. And yet, how quickly that (and his peach of a cross against Southampton which should be a mark in his assists column) is forgotten

Yes, Routs' better days are behind him, and yes, his place in the squad is open to question, but what a ludicrous over-reaction to a 23 minute performance. By the time the transfer window closes and we have players fully fit the chances are that his game time will be very limited - if he's still here. But whilst he's still here let's show a bit of respect and proportion.

I know - this is a football forum and what do I expect - but I'm fed up of all this mindless scapegoating.

I don't think Routs is being judged on 24 mins. He was poor against Soton - 1 decent cross a game is hardly an endorsement of a PL winger, losing or wasting possession numerous times. He was also poor or at best inconsistent last season. His goal/assists/ passing stats are also in rapid decline and woeful for an attacking player.

It's not scapegoating but an honest assentment that a previously decent player is no longer anywhere near PL quality. Players leave for their personal gain, so why should we gift long-term contacts to players that are at way below PL quality? Also speaks volumes despite 6 years in PL aside from free transfer enquiry from Brum, no decent teams have shown any interest.
Routledge always loses possession. on 16:06 - Aug 21 with 3502 viewsjacabertawe

Contracts:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/kader/verein/2288/saison_id/2017/pl

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Routledge always loses possession. on 16:18 - Aug 21 with 3473 viewsBytholWyn

Routledge always loses possession. on 15:08 - Aug 21 by awayjack

I don't think Routs is being judged on 24 mins. He was poor against Soton - 1 decent cross a game is hardly an endorsement of a PL winger, losing or wasting possession numerous times. He was also poor or at best inconsistent last season. His goal/assists/ passing stats are also in rapid decline and woeful for an attacking player.

It's not scapegoating but an honest assentment that a previously decent player is no longer anywhere near PL quality. Players leave for their personal gain, so why should we gift long-term contacts to players that are at way below PL quality? Also speaks volumes despite 6 years in PL aside from free transfer enquiry from Brum, no decent teams have shown any interest.

Whatever the merits of Routledge's long-term position in the club the focus on his performance in the last game is a masterclass in scapegoating. He wasn't involved in any of the key decisions in the game (not great from an offensive perspective admittedly - but then who was?).

If you were looking for blame figures how about the following cast of villains:

Bartley - got ahead of Jones for his free "shoulder" onto the bar. Then for the single most important moment in the match he abandons his zonal position and ends up jumpiing immediately behind Abraham - getting nowhere near the ball. Pogba only has to do a simple standing jump to power his head against the bar. And yet Bartley get's praised to the heavens in Wales Online and elsewhere in spite of these two glaring errors.

Mawson - glances a header directly into the path of Rashford first half. Could have responded better for the first goal - but Bartley has to take the bulk of the responsibility.

Second goal, Fer gets caught in possession, Naughton is drawn to the ball in central midfield but fails to win it. Fernandez in turn is drawn out of position, leaving Lukaku (who had a lousy game) in acres of space. A collective shambles.

Third goal, dreadful pass from Carroll - who makes a pretty poor effort to get back.

Fourth goal, Fernandez is far too far upfield - and once United are past him Carroll and Fer - initially in line with the United attackers get left miles behind. Olsson could have put a block in - but made a feeble effort.

So, Bartley, Mawson, Fernandez, Olsson, Naughton, Fer and Carroll share some of the blame for the goals. Routledge was blameless on all occasions. But who do people focus their ire on? If you can find a better example of scapegoating please name it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024