Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kingsley to Hull? 16:48 - Aug 21 with 13285 viewsAussieSwan

Being reported that he is on his way as part of the Clucas deal. Some sources are saying it's also permanent

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/21/hull-to-land-stephen-kingsley-as-part-of-sa

I've no idea if it's in addition to the rumoured 12m outlay for Clucas or if it means the fee is reduced, but it's an interesting add-on. I don't know why we're always in a need to sell so many goddamn players, especially after the Siggy money coming in.

If this is a loan - good move. Gives the lad some playing time.

If this is a permanent transfer - I'm very uncertain on it. Would mean we only have Rangel, Naughton and Olsson as our only recognised full backs. Even with someone like Yiadom or Arias coming in that would still leave us short if we got a couple of injuries, and with Rangel due to move on soon you'd think.

Maybe it signals more of a move to the 3-5-2?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Kingsley to Hull? on 19:27 - Aug 21 with 4825 viewsKerouac

It's hard to tell whether we get good value with this deal without the details on the money but I will say that I understand the logic of chucking Kingsley in to the mix.

1 - He is only a back up here and doesn't play much
2 - He is unlikely to unseat Olsson. I have seen nothing from Kingsley to imagine that scenario...and he is 23, he should be banging on the door now.
3 - He does not count as a Home Grown player
4 - If Hull value him at £3-4m that constitutes a profit for us on our outlay on a youngster...doesn't happen often, not to be sniffed at.
5 - The player coming in, Clucas, can also cover left-back...so it's as you were in terms of cover in that position, probably an upgrade actually.
6 - There is 10 days left of the window and Clement really wants Clucas.
7 - Kingsley's wages are freed up and so is one more squad place...for another incoming player that Clement actually wants.
8 - Kingsley is not proven in the Premier League, Clucas is.
9 - Clucas is a versatile player and is an option for us in 3 of our problem areas, Left-wing, Centre-midfield & Left-back cover.
10 - Another HG player coming in means that we have the flexibility to sell/loan Dyer or Bartley or Naughton at some point in the near future
11 - We haven't had a genuine left footed wide player in donkey's years, it was needed.

Saying all that I would not be happy if the deal is £16.5m + Kingsley (£3-4m) as I very much doubt Clucas is a £20m player, could be but I doubt it.

If the deal is around £10m and Kingsley then, these days, that is likely to prove a good deal in the long run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kingsley to Hull? on 23:46 - Aug 21 with 4642 viewsawayjack

Kingsley to Hull? on 19:27 - Aug 21 by Kerouac

It's hard to tell whether we get good value with this deal without the details on the money but I will say that I understand the logic of chucking Kingsley in to the mix.

2 - He is unlikely to unseat Olsson. I have seen nothing from Kingsley to imagine that scenario...and he is 23, he should be banging on the door now.
4 - If Hull value him at £3-4m that constitutes a profit for us on our outlay on a youngster...doesn't happen often, not to be sniffed at.
5 - The player coming in, Clucas, can also cover left-back...so it's as you were in terms of cover in that position, probably an upgrade actually.
7 - Kingsley's wages are freed up and so is one more squad place...for another incoming player that Clement actually wants.
9 - Clucas is a versatile player and is an option for us in 3 of our problem areas, Left-wing, Centre-midfield & Left-back cover.
10 - Another HG player coming in means that we have the flexibility to sell/loan Dyer or Bartley or Naughton at some point in the near future
11 - We haven't had a genuine left footed wide player in donkey's years, it was needed.

Saying all that I would not be happy if the deal is £16.5m + Kingsley (£3-4m) as I very much doubt Clucas is a £20m player, could be but I doubt it.

If the deal is around £10m and Kingsley then, these days, that is likely to prove a good deal in the long run.

I'm sure the trust with their new high influence relationship with Yanks / sell-outs will reveal all detailed on transfers in about 3 years time.
Kingsley to Hull? on 02:38 - Aug 22 with 4573 viewsUplandsJack

Kingsley to Hull? on 19:27 - Aug 21 by Kerouac

Good post. Couldn't argue with any of that.
Kingsley to Hull? on 07:57 - Aug 22 with 4500 viewsYossarian

We couldn't chuck in Narsingh instead could we? He's fecking useless!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Kingsley to Hull? on 09:38 - Aug 22 with 4447 viewsyeoviljackb

According to his agent, Kingsley apparently not even spoken to Hull so all this talk of him going on a permanent deal is a bit premature
Kingsley to Hull? on 09:43 - Aug 22 with 4428 viewsraynor94

Kingsley to Hull? on 09:38 - Aug 22 by yeoviljackb

According to his agent, Kingsley apparently not even spoken to Hull so all this talk of him going on a permanent deal is a bit premature

Well we haven't spoken to Clucas yet!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kingsley to Hull? on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 4416 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kingsley to Hull? on 02:38 - Aug 22 by UplandsJack

Good post. Couldn't argue with any of that.

How about point 10, moving on Bartley our MOM against ManU on player ratings?
Kingsley to Hull? on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 4415 viewsone_upmanship

Any fee or value on Kingsley yet? With the price of Clucas deal I can see it being around £5m with addons etc
Login to get fewer ads

Kingsley to Hull? on 10:21 - Aug 22 with 4371 viewsDr_Winston

Part of me really really wants Kingsley to be valued at £5m just for the damage it'll do to Neil Taylor's ego.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kingsley to Hull? on 10:46 - Aug 22 with 4306 viewsgiantstoneater

Wasn't he prominent in Hulls mini revival he might bring some much needed dog to the team. Not sure how PC sees him in the team but he will work harder than Fer that's for sure he might not be the name signing that everybody is looking for but another piece of the jigsaw, looking back to the past Steve Thornber was never going to be our best ball playing midfielder but at the time his hard work helped the others no end will Clucas have the same affect ?
Kingsley to Hull? on 11:36 - Aug 22 with 4253 viewsone_upmanship

Kingsley to Hull? on 10:46 - Aug 22 by giantstoneater

Wasn't he prominent in Hulls mini revival he might bring some much needed dog to the team. Not sure how PC sees him in the team but he will work harder than Fer that's for sure he might not be the name signing that everybody is looking for but another piece of the jigsaw, looking back to the past Steve Thornber was never going to be our best ball playing midfielder but at the time his hard work helped the others no end will Clucas have the same affect ?

Exactly. It's about getting the balance right. We are not a team of individuals & have been most successful when we have had a strong spine and all players compliment others but work hard. That is why in January when the 3 signings came in, that was what was needed for balance. Now with Siggi going more adjustments have to be made to find that again.
Kingsley to Hull? on 19:43 - Aug 22 with 4100 viewsbarry_island

Are we sure it's not Kenji? That would make more sense to me.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Kingsley to Hull? on 00:04 - Aug 23 with 4002 viewsAussieSwan

Kingsley to Hull? on 19:43 - Aug 22 by barry_island

Are we sure it's not Kenji? That would make more sense to me.

I haven't heard any mention Kenji Gorre in this transfer

Kingsley to Hull? on 00:26 - Aug 23 with 3958 viewsSwansea93

Clement has confirmed Kingsley will join Hull this evening.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/paul-clement-reveals-sam-clucas-1351

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Kingsley to Hull? on 00:31 - Aug 23 with 3947 viewsKerouac

Kingsley to Hull? on 00:26 - Aug 23 by Swansea93

Clement has confirmed Kingsley will join Hull this evening.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/paul-clement-reveals-sam-clucas-1351

Clement is spot on in that article re: the sloppiness on display in the 1st half.
I'm very pleased that he is our manager, I genuinely trust him.
If we supply him with the raw materials he will craft a good team here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kingsley to Hull? on 05:48 - Aug 23 with 3877 viewsSwan91

Maybe clement will use 3-5-2 formation this season.. and thinks Kinsgley won't be a good Wing Back.. Ollson makes a good one and Clucas or one of the wingers could play in that position if they really need to. I like SK and hope he does well with Hull.
Kingsley to Hull? on 07:29 - Aug 23 with 3765 viewsKilkennyjack

Kingsley to Hull? on 00:31 - Aug 23 by Kerouac

Clement is spot on in that article re: the sloppiness on display in the 1st half.
I'm very pleased that he is our manager, I genuinely trust him.
If we supply him with the raw materials he will craft a good team here.

We have a top premier league manager.
God bless PC, biggest asset the club has.

Beware of the Risen People

Kingsley to Hull? on 08:20 - Aug 23 with 3719 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Hoping we get a decent sell on fee clause in this transfer as i'm sure if Hull don't get promoted next season, a lower half prem team will sniff round him
Kingsley to Hull? on 12:26 - Aug 23 with 3632 viewsAussieSwan

Kingsley to Hull? on 07:29 - Aug 23 by Kilkennyjack

We have a top premier league manager.
God bless PC, biggest asset the club has.

+100

Kingsley to Hull? on 12:41 - Aug 23 with 3589 viewslondonlisa2001

Kingsley to Hull? on 05:48 - Aug 23 by Swan91

Maybe clement will use 3-5-2 formation this season.. and thinks Kinsgley won't be a good Wing Back.. Ollson makes a good one and Clucas or one of the wingers could play in that position if they really need to. I like SK and hope he does well with Hull.

We have to be bringing in another full back if Kingsley is going.

It just makes no sense otherwise, as he's a decent back up player and we are terribly short at full back.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 12:42]
Kingsley to Hull? on 12:59 - Aug 23 with 3560 viewspencoedjack

Disappointed Kingsleys going looks a decent player

But

Would be very happy with Arias & Olsen as wing backs
Kingsley to Hull? on 13:04 - Aug 23 with 3546 viewsJackFish

Yeah, we'd be stupid to let him go if there's nobody lined up, so hopefully there's truth in the Arias rumours. I'd still prefer to be spending that money strengthening our attacking option from midfield first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024