Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag 22:58 - Aug 21 with 11710 viewsMJC

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/advisor-landon-donovan-insists-swans

“It’s exciting for (chairman) Huw (Jenkins) now to have some money to work with and money to spend. We need to keep making the squad better.”

“It’s more that Huw and the scouting team find targets and if there is somebody they think I may know or may have played with or may know something about then they’ll ask me for my advice,”
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 07:56 - Aug 22 with 2225 viewsmagicdaps10

Donovans words have just put another premium on the players we are after.

Bad timing and poorly thought out by him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 08:01 - Aug 22 with 2214 viewsHeadmaster

I don't know what's surprising about this. We've all known this was the case for a while. Some of us accepted it. Others chose to stick their heads in the sand, despite the damage that's been done over the last few years. Dictator Huw needs to be removed from office. The trouble is, his loyal subjects don't give a toss.
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 08:02 - Aug 22 with 2210 views34dfgdf54

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 23:21 - Aug 21 by Darran

I saw this on twitter earlier and I can't wait to see the back of the çunts it can't come quick enough for me.

If this is truly the case Clement should walk in my opinion,walk and spill the beans if his hands are tied.

Well said Darran.

I despise Jenkins with a passion the tw*t
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 08:05 - Aug 22 with 2201 viewsHeadmaster

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 04:23 - Aug 22 by AussieSwan

This quote is quite damning. Huw is clearly on a pedestal amongst the Yanks, and going nowhere any time soon.

He's still very much "the man". We just continually shoot ourselves in the foot.

“It’s more that Huw and the scouting team find targets and if there is somebody they think I may know or may have played with or may know something about then they’ll ask me for my advice,” he said.

Huw brought this team from virtually nothing to this, so I don’t need to give him advice. But if there are ways I can help then I will try to do so.”

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 08:13 - Aug 22 with 2175 views34dfgdf54

I'm not jumping on the Trust bashing bandwagon here, and I realise things can't be played out publicly, but I would like to know what Phil and the rest of the board's feelings on this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the trust are still the second biggest shareholder at the club as it stands, are we comfortable with having a former roofer, who played in goals for our U8s or whoever it was, to be bringing in players for a side in the richest league in football, probably even sport in general?

It's nuts, absolutely crazy. Since Laudrup was sacked, at what stage did he have a moment to himself thinking he was educated enough, to take on a Director of Football role and have final say in transfers costing tens of millions of pound? I am genuinely worried about the future of the club. F*ck the Premier League, relegation happens to clubs twice the size of us, but we need this guy and his cronies out.
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:06 - Aug 22 with 2104 viewsSmellyplumz

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 08:13 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

I'm not jumping on the Trust bashing bandwagon here, and I realise things can't be played out publicly, but I would like to know what Phil and the rest of the board's feelings on this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the trust are still the second biggest shareholder at the club as it stands, are we comfortable with having a former roofer, who played in goals for our U8s or whoever it was, to be bringing in players for a side in the richest league in football, probably even sport in general?

It's nuts, absolutely crazy. Since Laudrup was sacked, at what stage did he have a moment to himself thinking he was educated enough, to take on a Director of Football role and have final say in transfers costing tens of millions of pound? I am genuinely worried about the future of the club. F*ck the Premier League, relegation happens to clubs twice the size of us, but we need this guy and his cronies out.

The trust are happy with the situation and the members have just given them the green light to carry on. Oh dear, well the members where warned.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:22 - Aug 22 with 2069 viewsbostondanvers

Can someone please tell me why we sold the club to the yanks, I thought (mistakenly) that the idea was to make this club a success by spending money on players and not directors. What is the point of them, where is the money ? never mind the money from the sale of siggy etc, they need to give us money on top of this to buy players.I'm sorry to say this but we appear to have a championship squad of players and mentality.
Forget buying the ground spend the 20 million on players or get out now !!!
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:27 - Aug 22 with 2059 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well that really is as bad, if not worse than we all thought.
Huw makes the decisions with possible advice from some guy from the States.
We must be the worst run club in the whole Premiership.
What a really sad state of affairs.
As for you you fans saying PC should walk, you have to think of his financial situation. If he walks he gets Zip.
He can now just sit back and if it all goes belly up by Christmas they will probably sack him (in fact he could ensure they do) and get compensation while behind the scenes he is arranging his next job.
Login to get fewer ads

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:36 - Aug 22 with 2041 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 04:23 - Aug 22 by AussieSwan

This quote is quite damning. Huw is clearly on a pedestal amongst the Yanks, and going nowhere any time soon.

He's still very much "the man". We just continually shoot ourselves in the foot.

“It’s more that Huw and the scouting team find targets and if there is somebody they think I may know or may have played with or may know something about then they’ll ask me for my advice,” he said.

Huw brought this team from virtually nothing to this, so I don’t need to give him advice. But if there are ways I can help then I will try to do so.”

It is what I have a have always thought. They watched JTAK and thought 'Here is a club we can buy on the cheap and we have a man with the Midas touch to run it'. They are thousands of miles away and so out of touch with the running of the game they cannot see the folly of their ways. Jenkins ego will keep him here as well as believes in his own hype. It would not surprise me if he walks round the club with his gong pinned to his chest.
This is sad news. We could be right royally effed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:37 - Aug 22 with 2038 viewsDarran

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:27 - Aug 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Well that really is as bad, if not worse than we all thought.
Huw makes the decisions with possible advice from some guy from the States.
We must be the worst run club in the whole Premiership.
What a really sad state of affairs.
As for you you fans saying PC should walk, you have to think of his financial situation. If he walks he gets Zip.
He can now just sit back and if it all goes belly up by Christmas they will probably sack him (in fact he could ensure they do) and get compensation while behind the scenes he is arranging his next job.

Well yes but I don't think he'd be homeless or struggle to get another job if he did do you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:39 - Aug 22 with 2029 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:37 - Aug 22 by Darran

Well yes but I don't think he'd be homeless or struggle to get another job if he did do you?

No, but would you also turn down a Million or 2 while you arrange?
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:49 - Aug 22 with 1993 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:37 - Aug 22 by Darran

If he hangs on and leaves his stock fall then it will be lower leagues for him. Jenkins will make certain the blame game lies with the Coach. He has done it from ML onwards.
Clement is an ambitious young manager. He could easily walk and sing like a canary about how badly the club is run and how his hands were tied behind his back when trying to manage us.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:52 - Aug 22 with 1981 viewsDarran

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:49 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

If he hangs on and leaves his stock fall then it will be lower leagues for him. Jenkins will make certain the blame game lies with the Coach. He has done it from ML onwards.
Clement is an ambitious young manager. He could easily walk and sing like a canary about how badly the club is run and how his hands were tied behind his back when trying to manage us.

Donovan has virtually given him a free pass.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:59 - Aug 22 with 1951 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:52 - Aug 22 by Darran

Donovan has virtually given him a free pass.

Dont underestimate the 'Jenkins covering his own ass' machine. Clem will get the blame if he sticks around and things pan out as Donovan predicts. For reasons I cant understand the likes of Wathan will back the Sellout up as well

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 10:37 - Aug 22 with 1879 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:59 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

Dont underestimate the 'Jenkins covering his own ass' machine. Clem will get the blame if he sticks around and things pan out as Donovan predicts. For reasons I cant understand the likes of Wathan will back the Sellout up as well

Do you really think the rest of the footballing world is that naive?
Especially with PC whispering in there ears for the next couple of months.
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 11:11 - Aug 22 with 1834 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 10:37 - Aug 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you really think the rest of the footballing world is that naive?
Especially with PC whispering in there ears for the next couple of months.

Yes I do. The UK press care very little about us whereas our Cardiff press love the sellouts.

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 11:25 - Aug 22 with 1804 viewsMo_Wives

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 09:59 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

TBH, Partz, although I kind of agree, they gave YOUNG ENGLISH Garry a pass.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 12:07 - Aug 22 with 1756 viewsAngelRangelQS

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 06:00 - Aug 22 by longlostjack

“But I’m here to do what’s needed, whether it’s interviews, support, or chiming in on a potential player or situation like the Gylfi one."

Chiming in? What a bellend. He doesn't mention Paul Clement. I wonder why?

Chiming in on a player being sold to his beloved Everton.

Everything I hear from Donovan only cements my view that he's an utter bellend
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 12:15 - Aug 22 with 1730 viewssnork44

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 11:25 - Aug 22 by Mo_Wives

TBH, Partz, although I kind of agree, they gave YOUNG ENGLISH Garry a pass.

As I said in another thread I have gone from being angry about the egotistical twaat from Alltwen to just amusement about his lack of football knowledge and total arrogance! To bypass your head coach who has had experience all across European and English football is mind boggling, we knew he did this from Laudrup in his second season through to Monk,Guidolin ( we'll ignore Bradley) and Curtis in his caretaker capacity. But we thought with the takeover and Clement being a talented young manager, it would be different , how wrong we were !!

Well Huwbert, if we get relegated this season it won't be Paul Clements fault or Steve and Jason's fault (although Kaplan and Levien let the arsehole stay on!) no it will be your fault because you let your ego go before the good of the club

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 12:50 - Aug 22 with 1667 viewsNeath_Jack

There have been a few of us on here, who have tried telling you lot this is how it works, but some of you live in some football fantasy land. Grow up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 12:59 - Aug 22 with 1633 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 13:18 - Aug 22 with 1598 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Chime on, you kerr-aaazy diamond.
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 13:20 - Aug 22 with 1582 viewsN_T_J

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 23:34 - Aug 21 by Banosswan

5 Mitsubishi's at least

Oh the old Mittsies
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 13:36 - Aug 22 with 1554 viewsMJC

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 12:50 - Aug 22 by Neath_Jack

There have been a few of us on here, who have tried telling you lot this is how it works, but some of you live in some football fantasy land. Grow up.

Agree with this. However, this is confirmation from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. I’m unsure whether Donovan is just too openly honest, utterly thick, or this is a deliberate ploy by the club to draw attention to the fact we’ve not signed anybody, and when we do, it will be for a fraction of what we’ve received for Siggy, plus wherever the hell all the other income has gone. Or maybe the whole club is a shambles?

If it all goes tits up, it’s Clement’s head on the line. He’ll escape somewhat unscathed because it’s known that his hands are tied, but what does it say about his credibility as a manager? He didn’t strike me as a yes man, and I can’t believe he’d knowingly give up a great job at Bayern Munich, under the circumstances when we looked certain to go down, to be dictated to by Huw Jenkins.
Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 13:40 - Aug 22 with 1541 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landon Donovan lets the cat out the bag on 13:36 - Aug 22 by MJC

Agree with this. However, this is confirmation from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. I’m unsure whether Donovan is just too openly honest, utterly thick, or this is a deliberate ploy by the club to draw attention to the fact we’ve not signed anybody, and when we do, it will be for a fraction of what we’ve received for Siggy, plus wherever the hell all the other income has gone. Or maybe the whole club is a shambles?

If it all goes tits up, it’s Clement’s head on the line. He’ll escape somewhat unscathed because it’s known that his hands are tied, but what does it say about his credibility as a manager? He didn’t strike me as a yes man, and I can’t believe he’d knowingly give up a great job at Bayern Munich, under the circumstances when we looked certain to go down, to be dictated to by Huw Jenkins.

Perhaps PC was lied to? Don't forget 'liar'was a term used to describe a person at our club who is still here. As far as I recall it was uncontested as well.....
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 13:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024