Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I want to be proved wrong 02:25 - Aug 22 with 3716 viewsLoyal

So where is the investment to keep us in the premier league ?
Survival just isn't good enough.
The Sunderland strategy only lasts for a few years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I want to be proved wrong on 06:09 - Aug 22 with 2657 viewsValerie

You are a dreamer if you think there will be real term investment.

The plan is for the Yanks and in part the sell out scum to make as
much money for themselves as possible whilst they can and feck the future
of the club if you can't see that then you are blind.

The Trust board obviously thinks this is a good idea for some strange reason I just
wonder why and if they don't why they have said Jack Sh!t about it.

Very strange.
I want to be proved wrong on 06:49 - Aug 22 with 2632 viewsbuilthjack

All the yanks want to do is make money for themselves

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I want to be proved wrong on 06:52 - Aug 22 with 2625 viewsandrew

I want to be proved wrong on 06:49 - Aug 22 by builthjack

To make money they have to stay in the premier league surely?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

I want to be proved wrong on 07:06 - Aug 22 with 2597 viewsRevJames

I want to be proved wrong on 06:52 - Aug 22 by andrew

An investment is a good invesrment as long as you get back more than you put in.

It just depends how much you want to make.

That's my simple take on it anyway
I want to be proved wrong on 07:09 - Aug 22 with 2586 viewsDr_Winston

When the Clucas deal goes through it'll be the third time they've sanctioned an eight figure transfer fee. Potentially it's the second time they've broken the transfer record. In just over a year. Funny way to profiteer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I want to be proved wrong on 07:18 - Aug 22 with 2551 viewsnierika

Isnt that that goal of every owner unless it's a sultan with enough money to buy smal countries?
I want to be proved wrong on 07:46 - Aug 22 with 2490 viewsWhiterockin

You may be correct in the long term but up until now what evidence is there to say that the Americans are only in it to make money. It seems to me that they are trying to turn around what was a steamroller out of control and learning as they go. I think they are making sound financial decisions and making improvements when then they can.

On a side issue. Don't believe that everything you read on this board are the feelings of the majority of Swansea City supporters. I think the trust vote reiterates this.
I want to be proved wrong on 08:07 - Aug 22 with 2456 viewsTheFranchise

Am I the only one that likes that they seem to be controlling costs and not loaning us millions to buy players then?
Login to get fewer ads

I want to be proved wrong on 08:09 - Aug 22 with 2450 viewsWhiterockin

I want to be proved wrong on 08:07 - Aug 22 by TheFranchise

Am I the only one that likes that they seem to be controlling costs and not loaning us millions to buy players then?

No you are not alone, you are one of the silent majority.
I want to be proved wrong on 08:17 - Aug 22 with 2436 viewsDr_Winston

I want to be proved wrong on 08:07 - Aug 22 by TheFranchise

Absolutely not.

It's sad really. We used to pride ourselves on living within our means, achieving with what we had and not relying on subsidy. Now it's a source of contention.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I want to be proved wrong on 13:16 - Aug 22 with 2292 viewsgiantstoneater

I want to be proved wrong on 08:17 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

Absolutely not.

It's sad really. We used to pride ourselves on living within our means, achieving with what we had and not relying on subsidy. Now it's a source of contention.

We used to do a lot of hard work looking for players checking out contract lengths and if they would fit Laudrup changed that preferring to use his own agent to bring in players and most of them were quality for us since he left we have struggled to find the right players. we then went after players who just saw us as a springboard for bigger things and bigger money Gomis and A Ayeuw types now we seem stuck in a rut where all our targets are the same faces over and over again our recruitment dept needs freshening up. The Americans have moved to bring in players but the are too slow an example being the last Xmas window and those players had an impact but they should have got them in the previous window, the worry for me is that they still slow and should have moved for targets a lot earlier.
I want to be proved wrong on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 2257 viewsDr_Winston

I want to be proved wrong on 13:16 - Aug 22 by giantstoneater

We used to do a lot of hard work looking for players checking out contract lengths and if they would fit Laudrup changed that preferring to use his own agent to bring in players and most of them were quality for us since he left we have struggled to find the right players. we then went after players who just saw us as a springboard for bigger things and bigger money Gomis and A Ayeuw types now we seem stuck in a rut where all our targets are the same faces over and over again our recruitment dept needs freshening up. The Americans have moved to bring in players but the are too slow an example being the last Xmas window and those players had an impact but they should have got them in the previous window, the worry for me is that they still slow and should have moved for targets a lot earlier.

We've always been slow at bringing players in. Jenkins used to piss off on holiday for the first couple of weeks of the window.

You're right in that the whole way we go about recruiting players needs freshening up. The Americans have brought in the data analysts, but we've still got the same prat in overall charge of the process. That needs to change before anything else will.

I want to be proved wrong on 13:36 - Aug 22 with 2208 viewsTheFranchise

I want to be proved wrong on 13:22 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

We've always been slow at bringing players in. Jenkins used to piss off on holiday for the first couple of weeks of the window.

You're right in that the whole way we go about recruiting players needs freshening up. The Americans have brought in the data analysts, but we've still got the same prat in overall charge of the process. That needs to change before anything else will.

I would love us to announce the signing of 5 scouts just as much as i'd to announce 5 players.
I want to be proved wrong on 14:08 - Aug 22 with 2112 viewsbuilthjack

I want to be proved wrong on 07:09 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

When the Clucas deal goes through it'll be the third time they've sanctioned an eight figure transfer fee. Potentially it's the second time they've broken the transfer record. In just over a year. Funny way to profiteer.

What's the ins and outs totals over the last year, including Ashley and Ayew?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 14:10]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I want to be proved wrong on 14:10 - Aug 22 with 2095 viewsawayjack

I want to be proved wrong on 06:52 - Aug 22 by andrew

Potentially Yanks may sell in a year or so. I'm not fully ITK but heard they may look to exit if we remain in PL next year.

The logic is they'll plan to make a 'super profit' in the next financial year. Considering their focus to date m, how do they turn last years loss into a 'super profit'..to justify big return on exit.

- Cut squad depth and slash costs.They've already done big chunk with 15/16 players already moved on, with only 3/4 in. Including obscene amount we were paying Gomis (his free transfer Bing!), this be as much as £20m savings of we continue to get rid of likes of Montero, Narsingh and VD Horne, plus I suspect less sentiment in rid of likes of Routs, Dyer and Rangel if we can get anyone (outside PL) to take on their wages.

- PL / sky and commecial income. Again lots of moving parts, but PL new TV deals and PL status to gain more sponsors. Where we finish in table influence amounts, but we could add £20m+ in extra Sky/Commecial income.

- Transfer profit. Let's see what happens in next 9 days, but even if we re-invest 70% or profit of £60m or so on Siggy, Cork and Gonis and other smaller sales, we'd still make chunky profit - possibly £15-20m as new players would in part be part of go forward assets.

So, if we manage to stay up this season, I can see the yanks exiting on a high with 'super profits' to justify say a £150m value and great ROI in 2 years.

If we are relegated, I suspect they'll also look to exit on different basis. Take the £40m super profit, plus sale of any quality players we have left for £50m+ plus parachute payment, they'll still make their money back with assets / sales of £100m, plus whatever they get from selling what's left of club. Maybe £30m? Positive in this scenario is unless they play more games, the Trust would share in 'exit' payments, potentially enough to buy out increased ownership at a low 'Championship Value' v Huge PL premium. I don't think the yanks or Board could cope with managing a relegated team, so would look to exit ASAP. Personally I'd take this scenario if it meant the fans (upgraded Trust) took long term control if club.
I want to be proved wrong on 14:11 - Aug 22 with 2089 viewsLoyal

I want to be proved wrong on 06:09 - Aug 22 by Valerie

The Trust board obviously thinks this is a good idea for some strange reason I just

Very strange.

I've been dreaming for thirty three years of following the swans. I'm living the dream now, but I can see it turning into a nightmare this season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I want to be proved wrong on 14:11 - Aug 22 with 2086 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I want to be proved wrong on 06:09 - Aug 22 by Valerie

Very strange.

If they said anything about it then it would make their manifesto during the legal action vote look like the massive lie it is.

They have absolutely no influence over the club as it is. They can't even get a few pounds knocked off the price of a grossly overpriced friendly match.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

I want to be proved wrong on 14:11 - Aug 22 with 2087 viewsPrivate_Partz

I want to be proved wrong on 14:08 - Aug 22 by builthjack

A very good question. Also how much has been saved on wages?I don't think the Yanks can be lauded for spending in real terms.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I want to be proved wrong on 14:22 - Aug 22 with 2031 viewsDr_Winston

I want to be proved wrong on 14:08 - Aug 22 by builthjack

Back of a fag packet maths suggests that just in terms of fees paid out and received since taking over they're running at a surplus somewhere in the region of £30m, the Gylfi sale pushing them into profit. Money saved in wages would increase that.

I want to be proved wrong on 14:26 - Aug 22 with 2012 viewsawayjack

I know football is odd business, but surely the Board have a budget and business plan at least for this financial year? As a large shareholder / board member, the Trust should have access to said budget/supporting plan, so able to figure out roughly what's budgeted for player wages and transfers, or if the Yanks plan on banking extra Sky money, a big chunk of transfer income and slash costs for a big profit (to exit). It's basic corporate governance to have a budget and plan, so not sure if it's Yanks don't not share with Trust or Trust have plan butt opt not to share details with us peasant fans.
I want to be proved wrong on 14:33 - Aug 22 with 1979 viewsraynor94

I want to be proved wrong on 14:11 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

A very good question. Also how much has been saved on wages?I don't think the Yanks can be lauded for spending in real terms.

Did they ever say they would? I'm not saying they should be lauded, but in a way it's nice to see we are not spending money we don't have, they are running a tight ship

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I want to be proved wrong on 16:08 - Aug 22 with 1824 viewsValerie

And how much have we received in transfer fees ? over £100 million that's how much.

They have zero intention of investing in the team all they are doing is profiteering off the
backs of the club but hey the Trust seem to like for some reason I wonder why?
I want to be proved wrong on 16:14 - Aug 22 with 1807 viewslondonlisa2001

I want to be proved wrong on 14:33 - Aug 22 by raynor94

Did they ever say they would? I'm not saying they should be lauded, but in a way it's nice to see we are not spending money we don't have, they are running a tight ship

In fairness, there's a tight ship and there's us at the moment...

I want to be proved wrong on 18:29 - Aug 22 with 1614 viewsScfc2017

The truth must never be allowed to spoil a good story.
I want to be proved wrong on 18:41 - Aug 22 with 1589 viewslonglostjack

You spin doctor you ! Watch out Landon Donovan he's after your job !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024