Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony 19:25 - Aug 22 with 36249 viewsSwans_16

Hearing that a bid of £12 million has been accepted by City from us, and the deal with the player is now 'close'.

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway and numerous Thai/Chinese Restaurants have all applied for licenses with Swansea City Council in anticipation of the 'additional demand'.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:27 - Aug 22 with 12819 viewsE20Jack

He is a tank. Certainly not fat.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:28 - Aug 22 with 12803 viewsLoyal

I've heard we are signing Messi, but they too are voices in my head.
But I definitely heard it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:29 - Aug 22 with 12777 viewsunion_jack

I'm going to say this once more and that's it.

This is a bad move on our part!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:31 - Aug 22 with 12704 viewsjack247

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:29 - Aug 22 by union_jack

It's certainly a gamble. I think getting him back to where he was a few years ago is pretty plausible if we build our attack around him though.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:32 - Aug 22 with 12665 viewsLandore_Jack

Unsure about Bony. We need someone who will make an instant impact. Bony hasn't played regular first team football, and it may take him a while until he reaches the same standard before he left for Man City.

#backtojack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:34 - Aug 22 with 12631 viewsunion_jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:31 - Aug 22 by jack247

It's certainly a gamble. I think getting him back to where he was a few years ago is pretty plausible if we build our attack around him though.

The incentive is not there anymore. On his way up before. Now.....?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:40 - Aug 22 with 12499 viewsE20Jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:34 - Aug 22 by union_jack

I think this is the best argument I have heard regarding the signing, clearly question marks over age but this mentality is a very important point. I guess we will tell what kind of a professional he is by Xmas. If it is the Bony that left us then we have ourselves a super striker.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:40 - Aug 22 with 12491 viewssomersetsimon

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:32 - Aug 22 by Landore_Jack

Unsure about Bony. We need someone who will make an instant impact. Bony hasn't played regular first team football, and it may take him a while until he reaches the same standard before he left for Man City.

How much would we have to pay for a striker who is guaranteed to make an instant impact in the Premier League. It's only ever going to be a good Championship striker, an unproven player from a foreign league or cast-off from one of the bigger PL clubs.
Login to get fewer ads

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:41 - Aug 22 with 12482 viewsSwanjaxs

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:29 - Aug 22 by union_jack

Agree 100%, Shane Long and Charlie Austin are both struggling for game time at Southampton and would be a better bet than Bony imho

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:43 - Aug 22 with 12413 viewsGaryjack

Joke of a signing! Are we matching his wages then? 100k a week? If he took a 50% pay cut i may think he's serious about resurrecting his career instead of getting another pay day.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:43 - Aug 22 with 12421 viewsDr_Winston

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:32 - Aug 22 by Landore_Jack

The reason Bony has struggled at Both City and Stoke (if you can call a goal every other start at City a "struggle") is probably because he hasn't played regular first team football. We know he's the type of player who hits his best form when he's playing every week because that's the way it was with us.

Given the prices being paid for even mediocre or unproven forwards (£15m for Chris Wood? £12m for Jordan Rhodes?) then £12m for a player we know has been capable and could be absolutely immense isn't a bad deal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:45 - Aug 22 with 12369 viewsOldjack

Is LLORENTE off then?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:45 - Aug 22 with 12363 viewsunion_jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:43 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

The reason Bony has struggled at Both City and Stoke (if you can call a goal every other start at City a "struggle") is probably because he hasn't played regular first team football. We know he's the type of player who hits his best form when he's playing every week because that's the way it was with us.

Given the prices being paid for even mediocre or unproven forwards (£15m for Chris Wood? £12m for Jordan Rhodes?) then £12m for a player we know has been capable and could be absolutely immense isn't a bad deal.

'Has been'. You said it.

I'm not being facetious, I just don't think he'll have what he used to.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:48 - Aug 22 with 12257 viewsBLAZE

Union Jack in glass half empty shocker!!
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:49 - Aug 22 with 12224 viewsjack247

Again, quite possibly, but you're just guessing. I'd have thought he'd have a lot to prove
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:50 - Aug 22 with 12205 viewsTheKirkyLife

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:45 - Aug 22 by Oldjack

Is LLORENTE off then?

McBurnie on loan to Leeds
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:53 - Aug 22 with 12131 viewsharryhpalmer

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:43 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

The transfer fee is not what the issue is. it will be the 20m+ on wages and signing on fees we'd have to continue paying him if he has lost it.

and while him not playing for City is one thing. but not being able to force himself into the Stoke team is the bigger worry.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:54 - Aug 22 with 12101 viewsBorojack

Is LLORENTE off then?

Looks like but he only has one year to go on his contract.
We can't afford to leave him go on a free next summer.
Not sure about Bony though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:54 - Aug 22 with 12074 viewsairedale

Is LLORENTE off then?

That's what I reckon if Bony comes back.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:55 - Aug 22 with 12053 viewsDr_Winston

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:53 - Aug 22 by harryhpalmer

The transfer fee is not what the issue is. it will be the 20m+ on wages and signing on fees we'd have to continue paying him if he has lost it.

and while him not playing for City is one thing. but not being able to force himself into the Stoke team is the bigger worry.

The wages and signing on fees are pure conjecture. Nobody knows what that cost will be.It's all assumption.

The Stoke thing would be more of a concern if he hadn't fallen out with Hughes, and wasn't getting selected because of ability rather than because the miserable Gog tw*t didn't like him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:01 - Aug 22 with 11924 viewsCooperman

Is the first part of the OP serious or can I ignore the pages that follow from here?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:01 - Aug 22 with 11922 viewsSwansea93

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:53 - Aug 22 by harryhpalmer

Wasn't him not playing for Stoke because he fell out with Mark Hughes rather than his ability, we all know how good he was for us and I think it's worth the gamble in my opinion, what if he comes back and finds his feet again for us? Is he likely to get another move to a big team, I doubt it.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:04 - Aug 22 with 11831 viewsOldjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:54 - Aug 22 by airedale

That's what I reckon if Bony comes back.

Now that would be a crying shame

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:05 - Aug 22 with 11808 viewsNeath_Jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:01 - Aug 22 by Swansea93

Wasn't him not playing for Stoke because he fell out with Mark Hughes rather than his ability, we all know how good he was for us and I think it's worth the gamble in my opinion, what if he comes back and finds his feet again for us? Is he likely to get another move to a big team, I doubt it.

[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 20:05]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:10 - Aug 22 with 11699 viewsjasper_T

Lot of money for a 34 year old.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024