Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central Attacking Midfield 11:09 - Aug 23 with 2400 viewsawayjack

Am I missing something on PC planned tactics that we don't seem to be looking for CAM? If advanced discussions get over the line, we'll have Clucas (DM), Mesa (DM/CM), Arias (RB) and Bony (CF)' plus maybe loan back up for CB to cover Bartley. No speculation on CAM. Maybe we're playing a blinder and keeping discussions quiet. If we don't get quality CAM who's going to cover position and free-kicks. Fer or Carrol?
Central Attacking Midfield on 11:14 - Aug 23 with 2375 viewsjasonbromham

I think Clucas is more of a CM than DM he can also play LB, LW & CAM. I don't think he is the answer though so yes I agree I think we need another forward player of real quality.
Central Attacking Midfield on 11:31 - Aug 23 with 2301 viewsKerouac

If the targets being discussed in the press are landed I reckon it will be;

---------------------Abraham / Ayew ----------- Llorente / Bony --------------------------
-------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------- Clucas / Fer / Routledge-------------------------------------
-------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------ --- Carroll / Ki ---------- Mesa / Leon -------------------------------
Olsson / Clucas ---------------------------------------------------------- Arias / Naughton
----------------------------- Mawson ------------ Fernandez ---------------------------------
------------------------------------------- Fabianski ---------------------------------------------

likely bench: Nordfeldt, Bartley, Naughton, 2 of the midfielders, Ayew / Routledge / Narsingh, Target Man

OR

------------------------------------------ Llorente / Bony --------------------------------------
---------------------- Abraham / Ayew ---------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------- Clucas / Fer / Routledge -------------------------------------
Olsson/ Clucas ------ Carroll / Ki ------------ Mesa - Leon -------- Arias / Naughton
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------- Mawson --------- Bartley --------- Fernandez -----------------------
------------------------------------------- Fabianski ---------------------------------------------

Likely bench: Nordfeldt, Van der Hoorn, Naughton, 2 of the midfelders, Ayew/Winger, Target man.

If we try and shut up shop regularly, like last year it will look like;

------------------------------- Llorente / Bony / Abraham --------------------------
-------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
Clucas / Routledge-------------------------------------------------- Ayew / Narsingh / Dyer
------------------ Carroll / Ki --------------------------- Fer / Mesa ----------------------
----------------------------------- Mesa / Leon / Fulton -------------------------------------
Olsson / Naughton ----------------------------------------------------- Arias / Naughton
----------------------------- Mawson ------------ Fernandez ---------------------------------

So, if the signings come off I don't see how the following get many games at all (apart from the cups);

Nordfeldt,
Muller,
Van der Hoorn,
Rangel,
Fulton,
Montero,
Dyer,
Narsingh
McBurnie.

We need to loan out;

- 1 keeper
- Fulton
- Dyer
- McBurnie

...and we need to sell either Montero or Narsingh, as they will rot in our reserves and depreciate in value, the slot created by selling one of these (and the wages saved) could go towards signing an Attacking Mid / Winger who might force their way in....such as Demarai Gray, Chadli etc.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 11:43]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Central Attacking Midfield on 11:40 - Aug 23 with 2250 viewsEasternJack

I read it differently- I see PC taking us to 532 with heavy use on wing backs for attacking threat.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Central Attacking Midfield on 12:07 - Aug 23 with 2139 viewsjack247

Central Attacking Midfield on 11:40 - Aug 23 by EasternJack

I read it differently- I see PC taking us to 532 with heavy use on wing backs for attacking threat.

Would solve the problems we have with our wingers and the fact our striker often looks isolated. Would need to bring in some quality competition at fullback and centre back though. As it stands, with Kingsley going and Bartley injured, we'd have VdH playing and only Rangel as cover for all 5 positions?
Central Attacking Midfield on 12:11 - Aug 23 with 2109 viewsyescomeon

I don't think we'll be using either an attacking midfielder or wingers much going forwards. Makes sense as we have no attacking midfielders and our wingers are crap. Makes more sense to me to add depth to what we have that recruit depth in an entirely new position. Problem is we have a big squad (with little quality), why we need 4 wingers and 4 'keepers in our first team squad when we play 0 of the first position and 1 of the second I don't know.

Upthecity!

Central Attacking Midfield on 12:13 - Aug 23 with 2100 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think PC may be a bit more flexible than sticking with just one setup, I would expect him to modify the team dependign on the team he is playing and whether home or away.
Of course you could be right if he thinks 532 is flexible enough to cover those situations.
Central Attacking Midfield on 12:19 - Aug 23 with 2062 viewsJackSkellington

Central Attacking Midfield on 12:11 - Aug 23 by yescomeon

I don't think we'll be using either an attacking midfielder or wingers much going forwards. Makes sense as we have no attacking midfielders and our wingers are crap. Makes more sense to me to add depth to what we have that recruit depth in an entirely new position. Problem is we have a big squad (with little quality), why we need 4 wingers and 4 'keepers in our first team squad when we play 0 of the first position and 1 of the second I don't know.

Agree on goalkeepers, but the wingers situation is a catch 22. We used to play wingers, Clement only doesn't play them now because all the ones we have are crap.
Central Attacking Midfield on 13:20 - Aug 23 with 1916 viewsawayjack

My gut is this is also PC view, hence upgrade wing backs and midfiled, and more pace and width on the ball. If we get tactics right players (say Arias), potential positive change from last season with limited wingers or wing backs, not enough pace or width. Still not sure who'll take attacking free kicks.
Login to get fewer ads

Central Attacking Midfield on 13:24 - Aug 23 with 1894 viewslondonlisa2001

Central Attacking Midfield on 13:20 - Aug 23 by awayjack

My gut is this is also PC view, hence upgrade wing backs and midfiled, and more pace and width on the ball. If we get tactics right players (say Arias), potential positive change from last season with limited wingers or wing backs, not enough pace or width. Still not sure who'll take attacking free kicks.

Mesa hit the best free kick against Man Utd.

From memory, I think Clucas may take free kicks as well?
Central Attacking Midfield on 13:46 - Aug 23 with 1841 viewsmagicdaps10

I fear that an Attacking Midfielder is unlikely to happen. We certainly need a bit more creativity from midfield, someone who can just create that little bit of magic when things are not going well.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Central Attacking Midfield on 14:38 - Aug 23 with 1733 viewsAussieSwan

so is the Chadli deal dead in the water?

I cannot fathom how/why we did not have an attacking midfielder signing ready to go as soon as the Siggy deal was sanctioned.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Central Attacking Midfield on 17:40 - Aug 23 with 1476 viewsMagic_Michu

It would be madness not to sign a creative attacking midfielder with a little bit of flair about him in my opinion... but as people seem to be realising, we're not going to.

I can only see another season of toil and woes... we'll probably just scrape survival again but it won't be pretty... built on a solid defence, but not scoring too many.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Central Attacking Midfield on 18:39 - Aug 23 with 1358 viewsmagicdaps10

Central Attacking Midfield on 17:40 - Aug 23 by Magic_Michu

It would be madness not to sign a creative attacking midfielder with a little bit of flair about him in my opinion... but as people seem to be realising, we're not going to.

I can only see another season of toil and woes... we'll probably just scrape survival again but it won't be pretty... built on a solid defence, but not scoring too many.

Agreed, it would be madness.

It is Huw Jenks we are talking about remember.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Central Attacking Midfield on 19:25 - Aug 23 with 1254 viewsFlashberryjack

Central Attacking Midfield on 17:40 - Aug 23 by Magic_Michu

I fear this to be true, the team is crying out for some midfield attacking flair.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Central Attacking Midfield on 20:14 - Aug 23 with 1172 viewsawayjack

Our track record of keeping deals confidential and time we take to get deals over the line, even longer with Yank sign off, doesn't leave much time to complete Bony, Arias and CB to replace Bartley, plus an AM. Also, we've sold circa £60m+( no idea on Kingsley) and circa £45m out, so still £15m or so to break even, or do a loan deal to give Yanks a nice transfer profit! Assumes Llorente stays and not mcuch from sale / loan of our likes of Montero / Narsingh and youths guys like MCBurnie and Fulton.
Central Attacking Midfield on 20:39 - Aug 23 with 1107 viewsawayjack

Central Attacking Midfield on 20:14 - Aug 23 by awayjack

Our track record of keeping deals confidential and time we take to get deals over the line, even longer with Yank sign off, doesn't leave much time to complete Bony, Arias and CB to replace Bartley, plus an AM. Also, we've sold circa £60m+( no idea on Kingsley) and circa £45m out, so still £15m or so to break even, or do a loan deal to give Yanks a nice transfer profit! Assumes Llorente stays and not mcuch from sale / loan of our likes of Montero / Narsingh and youths guys like MCBurnie and Fulton.

Just to clarify the £45m includes rumoured amounts for Bony / Arias deals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024