Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas interviews 21:45 - Aug 23 with 11360 viewsNirvana

I watched these interviews of Clucas from last season, and I have to say I like the signing a lot more now. Genuinely funny, charming, insightful guy and will be a pleasant addition to the training ground, I'm sure. He articulately explains his story, his postional changes throughout his career, and how his game translates well to the PL.

I legitimately felt a little relief after I watched these, anyone else worried about the fee should take a peak. Also, there are some brief highlights of him from the lower-leagues mixed in for those interested. Pricetag is outrageous, but c'est la vie at this point. He didn't negotiate the fee, and he's a Swan now. I'd certainly much rather we spend the money on this guy than Bony. As our record signing? Disappointed. As one of our record signings (as well as Arias) I'm beginning to feel a little better.

I'd like to see him start in place of Fer against Palace, but I'm sure Leroy's goals yesterday kept him in there. But one of the reasons we signed Clucas is that he's ready to go right away, so he shouldn't be on the bench for long. He's also capable of playing on the right despite being left-footed. A midfield of Mesa/Clucas/Carroll is an intriguing and versatile one, with Fer/Ki sprinkled in whenever they're useful. I would imagine we'll see this sooner rather than later.

The videos:

Clucas interviews on 22:07 - Aug 23 with 9516 viewsdailew

I suggest this for his first song.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Clucas interviews on 22:14 - Aug 23 with 9443 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 22:07 - Aug 23 by dailew

I suggest this for his first song.

Haha excellent, Dailew.

He could pull off the look, that's for sure.

I hope Swans TV is paying attention.
Clucas interviews on 23:07 - Aug 23 with 9197 viewsTheResurrection

We've all seen them you boring kÃœnt.

And his attitude is probably what sets him apart from the long list of youtube stars you've been boring the pants off everyone with the last few weeks.

ps he'll probably start instead of Mesa.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas interviews on 23:15 - Aug 23 with 9158 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 23:07 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

And his attitude is probably what sets him apart from the long list of youtube stars you've been boring the pants off everyone with the last few weeks.

Check you and your lackeys' threads if you're in the mood to be bored, res.

Much more your aggressive, creepy style.

Enjoy.

And ffukk off.
Clucas interviews on 23:21 - Aug 23 with 9129 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas interviews on 23:15 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

Check you and your lackeys' threads if you're in the mood to be bored, res.

Much more your aggressive, creepy style.

Enjoy.

And ffukk off.

How come you never went to the Vetch then? Too young?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Clucas interviews on 23:27 - Aug 23 with 9092 viewsLoyal

Ten million is the new five million.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 23:28]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clucas interviews on 23:40 - Aug 23 with 9041 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 23:27 - Aug 23 by Loyal

Ten million is the new five million.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 23:28]

Precisely, Loyal.

I do like this guy personally, but a lot of money.

Hopefully we'll be breaking that record soon.

Hopefully not for Bony.

Gulp.
Clucas interviews on 23:41 - Aug 23 with 9030 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas interviews on 23:21 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

He never answers this question.

Nirvana is a fake

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas interviews on 00:06 - Aug 24 with 8952 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 23:41 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

He never answers this question.

Nirvana is a fake

Edgy stuff again, res.

Like your obsession with Siggy (and me again) you need to get over "The Vetch".

It's your youth you miss, not some piss-soaked football stadium. The '90s are over, you're old and boring now.

Come to terms with it and move on.
Clucas interviews on 00:08 - Aug 24 with 8948 viewsdameedna

Looks like a Jack Cork replacement with added goal threat, pace, control, passing and width when needed. Nice one. Sounds like he is getting into his tackling as well. High hopes. Good fit. Well done Clement.
Clucas interviews on 00:28 - Aug 24 with 8912 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 00:08 - Aug 24 by dameedna

Looks like a Jack Cork replacement with added goal threat, pace, control, passing and width when needed. Nice one. Sounds like he is getting into his tackling as well. High hopes. Good fit. Well done Clement.

Good post, Dameedna.

He definitely fills the likeable, white, English guy quota we had fallen behind on.

Bonus: he's a tall, gangly ginger.
Clucas interviews on 00:40 - Aug 24 with 8879 viewsswansRus

Starting to think he could do well for us, hopefully he'll win over the boo boys and turn them into the Clucas Clan
Clucas interviews on 01:28 - Aug 24 with 8842 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 00:40 - Aug 24 by swansRus

Starting to think he could do well for us, hopefully he'll win over the boo boys and turn them into the Clucas Clan

Agree, R Us.

But, personally I feel "Clucas Clan" is the wrong path to take here.

Maybe "Clucas Clones" and everyone wears orange wigs?

Just brainstorming here, fill free to join in.
Clucas interviews on 03:09 - Aug 24 with 8769 viewsE20Jack

Clucas interviews on 23:21 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

Cracking point.

If he has never been to the Vetch, the Liberty opened in 2005 so started supporting anytime from then til now. Most I would say start to go regularly from 8-10 years old. It would be too coincidental to suggest he started supporting the day the new ground opened so looks like he is maybe between 16-20 years old.

Certainly explains his demeanour, and young for a retired ex pro ....

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clucas interviews on 03:20 - Aug 24 with 8767 viewssquarebear

Hang on. I've never seen a game at the Vetch. I moved to Swansea in the 2000s. Please remember to factor geographical mobility into your calculations.
Clucas interviews on 10:36 - Aug 24 with 8412 viewspostman

this lad is going to be a very influential player for the team give him the backing he deserves some people on here are criticise players before they kick a ball for us
Clucas interviews on 17:38 - Aug 24 with 8168 viewsLeonWasGod

Excellent, so we know he'll be good in post-match interviews. But does anyone know if he's a good footballer?
Clucas interviews on 17:41 - Aug 24 with 8157 viewspostman

a good grafter for any team
Clucas interviews on 17:43 - Aug 24 with 8148 viewsLeonWasGod

Clucas interviews on 01:28 - Aug 24 by Nirvana

Agree, R Us.

But, personally I feel "Clucas Clan" is the wrong path to take here.

Maybe "Clucas Clones" and everyone wears orange wigs?

Just brainstorming here, fill free to join in.

I don't know. If you had his hair, wouldn't you want to hide it under a big white pointy hat?
Clucas interviews on 18:16 - Aug 24 with 8071 viewsoldcob

Clucas interviews on 17:43 - Aug 24 by LeonWasGod

I don't know. If you had his hair, wouldn't you want to hide it under a big white pointy hat?

If he plays in our next home game against Newcastle and he puts Shelvey up in the air he'll become a Jack legend in record time.
Clucas interviews on 14:30 - Aug 26 with 7757 viewsZZoric

Clucas interviews on 23:07 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

spot on again re mesa
Clucas interviews on 11:54 - Aug 27 with 7568 viewsdailew

Clucas interviews on 22:14 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

Haha excellent, Dailew.

He could pull off the look, that's for sure.

I hope Swans TV is paying attention.

He'd do well to beat Tom Carroll's initiation song.

Bought his own band with him as well. Bit OTT.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Clucas interviews on 04:26 - Aug 28 with 7395 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 17:38 - Aug 24 by LeonWasGod

Excellent, so we know he'll be good in post-match interviews. But does anyone know if he's a good footballer?

I posted this on the initial Clucas thread, but this is the best answer I could respond with, below. We know his game a little bit now and he played really well, but it was against an utterly awful Palace side. Not taking anything away from his performance or the win, it's just reality. If Zaha and Loftus-Cheek were there (and a fit Cabaye for the whole match), I doubt it would've appeared so one-sided. Alas, we had some luck and got the win. We celebrated, now we move on. 

Quick copy/paste from one of Hull's forums:

http://www.not606.com/threads/city-transfers-summer-2017.348315/page-606

- "Decent, steady player who will run tirelessly with a decent left foot. I'm happy with anything over £10m-£12m ."

- "I'd describe him as a water carrier - keeps it massively simple, moves the game on, fills holes, rarely gives the ball away."

- "I've got no axe to grind with Swansea and I'm sorry to say Clucas isn't what you need. From my - admittedly- limited knowledge of your first XI you need game changers and for all his plus points he isn't that. He's someone who does the messy stuff so a game changer can do his bit."

- "In all honesty Sam's on a hiding to nothing , look at who he is replacing ? Decent player but can see him going the same way snodgrass has at West Ham"

- So he's a typical 6/7 out of 10 player?

"Yes. You won't see him pinging 80 yard cross field balls, smashing them in from 25 yards or eye of the needle passes to split a defence or going on mazy runs taking on half the enemy team. Equally you won't see him leave his man unmarked, duck a challenge, fart about with the ball or give possession away cheaply.

A good engine for other more skilled players to thrive off."

- "A player like Clucas might have been worth £5m in 2012, but not now. Unlike a few on here, I think we've sold Maguire and Robertson on the cheap, and given how Livermore seems to be in England favour, Clucas could be heading the same way."

- "I don't think he's not worth anywhere near 12-15million. Did you go Tuesday night, he didn't get near neves all night who cost wolves 15 million. I don't blame the club for taking them money for him, so if I was in charge of the transfers I'd be driving him there"

- "I can't see where £15m for Sam comes from. He's a decent, steady player, but nothing particularly special. A bit of a jack of all trades work horse.

If he was 18, then maybe, but he's 27 next week."

- "I don't think you'd ever manage to recoup that fee, if I'm being honest. He's a very ordinary player, a bit of a jack of all trades. Effective in the centre and rarely has a bad game or make a bad mistake but just as rarely does he do anything special."
Clucas interviews on 04:29 - Aug 28 with 7393 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 17:43 - Aug 24 by LeonWasGod

Haha excellent point, Leon.

So do you want to be the one who gets the 'Clucas Clan' shirts printed, then?

I think I'm a bit busy that day.
Clucas interviews on 14:33 - Dec 23 with 6684 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 04:26 - Aug 28 by Nirvana

I posted this on the initial Clucas thread, but this is the best answer I could respond with, below. We know his game a little bit now and he played really well, but it was against an utterly awful Palace side. Not taking anything away from his performance or the win, it's just reality. If Zaha and Loftus-Cheek were there (and a fit Cabaye for the whole match), I doubt it would've appeared so one-sided. Alas, we had some luck and got the win. We celebrated, now we move on. 

Quick copy/paste from one of Hull's forums:

http://www.not606.com/threads/city-transfers-summer-2017.348315/page-606

- "Decent, steady player who will run tirelessly with a decent left foot. I'm happy with anything over £10m-£12m ."

- "I'd describe him as a water carrier - keeps it massively simple, moves the game on, fills holes, rarely gives the ball away."

- "I've got no axe to grind with Swansea and I'm sorry to say Clucas isn't what you need. From my - admittedly- limited knowledge of your first XI you need game changers and for all his plus points he isn't that. He's someone who does the messy stuff so a game changer can do his bit."

- "In all honesty Sam's on a hiding to nothing , look at who he is replacing ? Decent player but can see him going the same way snodgrass has at West Ham"

- So he's a typical 6/7 out of 10 player?

"Yes. You won't see him pinging 80 yard cross field balls, smashing them in from 25 yards or eye of the needle passes to split a defence or going on mazy runs taking on half the enemy team. Equally you won't see him leave his man unmarked, duck a challenge, fart about with the ball or give possession away cheaply.

A good engine for other more skilled players to thrive off."

- "A player like Clucas might have been worth £5m in 2012, but not now. Unlike a few on here, I think we've sold Maguire and Robertson on the cheap, and given how Livermore seems to be in England favour, Clucas could be heading the same way."

- "I don't think he's not worth anywhere near 12-15million. Did you go Tuesday night, he didn't get near neves all night who cost wolves 15 million. I don't blame the club for taking them money for him, so if I was in charge of the transfers I'd be driving him there"

- "I can't see where £15m for Sam comes from. He's a decent, steady player, but nothing particularly special. A bit of a jack of all trades work horse.

If he was 18, then maybe, but he's 27 next week."

- "I don't think you'd ever manage to recoup that fee, if I'm being honest. He's a very ordinary player, a bit of a jack of all trades. Effective in the centre and rarely has a bad game or make a bad mistake but just as rarely does he do anything special."

Hull's supporters look pretty spot on in hindsight.

Nearly £25m spent on Clucas/Sanches wasted.

Meanwhile, Viera is 5th in Europe in key passes (above De Bruyne).

JENKINS OUT
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024