Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas interviews 21:45 - Aug 23 with 11142 viewsNirvana

I watched these interviews of Clucas from last season, and I have to say I like the signing a lot more now. Genuinely funny, charming, insightful guy and will be a pleasant addition to the training ground, I'm sure. He articulately explains his story, his postional changes throughout his career, and how his game translates well to the PL.

I legitimately felt a little relief after I watched these, anyone else worried about the fee should take a peak. Also, there are some brief highlights of him from the lower-leagues mixed in for those interested. Pricetag is outrageous, but c'est la vie at this point. He didn't negotiate the fee, and he's a Swan now. I'd certainly much rather we spend the money on this guy than Bony. As our record signing? Disappointed. As one of our record signings (as well as Arias) I'm beginning to feel a little better.

I'd like to see him start in place of Fer against Palace, but I'm sure Leroy's goals yesterday kept him in there. But one of the reasons we signed Clucas is that he's ready to go right away, so he shouldn't be on the bench for long. He's also capable of playing on the right despite being left-footed. A midfield of Mesa/Clucas/Carroll is an intriguing and versatile one, with Fer/Ki sprinkled in whenever they're useful. I would imagine we'll see this sooner rather than later.

The videos:

Clucas interviews on 14:37 - Dec 23 with 1655 viewswhoflungdung

Time to step up and prove doubters wrong .
Do it

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clucas interviews on 23:02 - Aug 8 with 1384 viewsLeonWasGod

“A midfield of Mesa/Clucas/Carroll is an intriguing and versatile one”.

It was certainly ‘interesting’ . Good fun fun to look back at threads like this. Not having a go though, none of us have a crystal ball.
Clucas interviews on 23:19 - Aug 8 with 1347 viewsNirvana

Clucas interviews on 23:02 - Aug 8 by LeonWasGod

It was certainly ‘interesting’ . Good fun fun to look back at threads like this. Not having a go though, none of us have a crystal ball.

Correct, Leon.

I was trying to be optimistic about our record signing. This after me trashing him on the main Clucas thread at the time and getting sshitt for it.

Mesa is quality, my opinion will never change about that, I have seen him play exceptional far too many times (several in person). He is not a DM, though, and we expected him to be. Ffukkingg stupid.

But I was wrong in having any confidence in Clucas, he's awful. And Carroll really pissed himself last season, he played well after we signed him in January. Maybe it was Clement, or he's just sshitt. We'll see.

But no, I'm not right about every single thing I say, no one is. I don't care to be, either, I just know my football. I'm okay with that.
Clucas interviews on 23:28 - Aug 8 with 1310 viewsE20Jack

Clucas interviews on 23:02 - Aug 8 by LeonWasGod

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clucas interviews on 23:34 - Aug 8 with 1290 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas interviews on 23:19 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

Correct, Leon.

I was trying to be optimistic about our record signing. This after me trashing him on the main Clucas thread at the time and getting sshitt for it.

Mesa is quality, my opinion will never change about that, I have seen him play exceptional far too many times (several in person). He is not a DM, though, and we expected him to be. Ffukkingg stupid.

But I was wrong in having any confidence in Clucas, he's awful. And Carroll really pissed himself last season, he played well after we signed him in January. Maybe it was Clement, or he's just sshitt. We'll see.

But no, I'm not right about every single thing I say, no one is. I don't care to be, either, I just know my football. I'm okay with that.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024