Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Maguire selected for England 13:06 - Aug 24 with 3074 viewstheloneranger

If he's selected than Alfie Mawson must be close??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:11 - Aug 24 with 2634 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It puzzles me why many rate Alfie as highly as they do. He makes serious mistakes every other game, sometimes multiple per game. He really is very average and doesn't look to be improving. There's a reason he's not been the subject of interest from other clubs, whilst other promising young English defenders have either been the subject of bids or have moved already.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:14 - Aug 24 with 2619 viewsMillJack

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:11 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It puzzles me why many rate Alfie as highly as they do. He makes serious mistakes every other game, sometimes multiple per game. He really is very average and doesn't look to be improving. There's a reason he's not been the subject of interest from other clubs, whilst other promising young English defenders have either been the subject of bids or have moved already.

That's got to be a wind up?
Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:17 - Aug 24 with 2611 viewsawayjack

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:11 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Slagging our players off again? His high ratings are based on his outstanding performances last season, and how quickly he adjusted to PL football.
Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:19 - Aug 24 with 2591 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:14 - Aug 24 by MillJack

It is not. This season alone we have conceded three goals due to his inability to put a tackle in. He just backs off until the opposition is in on goal and passes it around him or shoots around him. It is defending you'd expect to see in League 1 or 2.

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 2560 viewsJackSomething

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:14 - Aug 24 by MillJack

Of course it is. Look at who posted it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:55 - Aug 24 with 2494 viewsJonTheJack

Alfie hasn't been named in the U21 squad...
Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:56 - Aug 24 with 2489 viewsElward

Why is it everything DYSS posts a wind up? Not saying I always agree with what he says or against it but instead of just seeing his username then just say the opposite of what he says, try and have a look at his point. It's the same with several members on here.

Mawson has improved since he first turned up here but there is a reason Maguire and the likes have been called up and he hasn't and it is the reason/s as DYSS has pointed out. There's too many people who either have low standards and just accept we are punching above our weight with our quality in the premier league so just enjoying it while it lasts with no ambition, or, people have their favourites.

I say this as a gentleman sits behind me and shouts abuse after abuse every time Fernandez makes even the slightest hesitation or error. When Mawson makes a complete blunder, he starts clapping and starts talking to his pals of "oh now that was just unlucky, poor kid"
Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:24 - Aug 24 with 2444 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Lukaku's goal summed Mawson up for me. Backing off the player so much that he had a free shot on goal. Fernandez recognized this, as he usually does, and had to come sprinting over into Alfie's position to actually put pressure on the player. Mawson, still completely unaware of what is going on around him, continues jockeying backwards, doing absolutely nothing to stop the attack. He doesn't try to cover Fernandez who is desperately trying to cover him and instead just plays Lukaku onside where Fernandez should have been and the game is over.

The two later goals he dd the same. Backing off until it is far too late and an opportunity to shoot/play a killer pass opens up and we concede. If he hadn't of scored those goals last season I'd be interested to see peoples opinion of him. Those goals have blinded many to his colossal weaknesses.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:26 - Aug 24 with 2446 viewsjasper_T

Maguire's a lot better than Mawson and has been on people's radar a lot longer.
Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:38 - Aug 24 with 2408 viewsJackSomething

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:56 - Aug 24 by Elward

Why is it everything DYSS posts a wind up? Not saying I always agree with what he says or against it but instead of just seeing his username then just say the opposite of what he says, try and have a look at his point. It's the same with several members on here.

Mawson has improved since he first turned up here but there is a reason Maguire and the likes have been called up and he hasn't and it is the reason/s as DYSS has pointed out. There's too many people who either have low standards and just accept we are punching above our weight with our quality in the premier league so just enjoying it while it lasts with no ambition, or, people have their favourites.

I say this as a gentleman sits behind me and shouts abuse after abuse every time Fernandez makes even the slightest hesitation or error. When Mawson makes a complete blunder, he starts clapping and starts talking to his pals of "oh now that was just unlucky, poor kid"

Because he's one of the individuals online whose sole purpose of being on a forum is to be a WUM. Look at his posting history. He doesn't post what he thinks, he posts what he thinks will get the biggest reaction. If you look at some of the long-running threads on the front page, you'll see he's not alone. Each to their own. I personally find it weird, but it seems to make them happy, c'est la vie.

Everything else you've said is fair and Jasper has also pointed out why Maguire is in the England squad and Mawson isn't.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:39]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:41 - Aug 24 with 2392 viewsBanosswan

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:55 - Aug 24 by JonTheJack

Alfie hasn't been named in the U21 squad...

He's too old now.

If my sarcasm radar is off I apologise.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:42]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:42 - Aug 24 with 2385 viewsMo_Wives

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:38 - Aug 24 by JackSomething

Because he's one of the individuals online whose sole purpose of being on a forum is to be a WUM. Look at his posting history. He doesn't post what he thinks, he posts what he thinks will get the biggest reaction. If you look at some of the long-running threads on the front page, you'll see he's not alone. Each to their own. I personally find it weird, but it seems to make them happy, c'est la vie.

Everything else you've said is fair and Jasper has also pointed out why Maguire is in the England squad and Mawson isn't.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:39]

How do you know what he thinks? All you have to go on is his posts.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 2382 viewspencoedjack

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:24 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Lukaku's goal summed Mawson up for me. Backing off the player so much that he had a free shot on goal. Fernandez recognized this, as he usually does, and had to come sprinting over into Alfie's position to actually put pressure on the player. Mawson, still completely unaware of what is going on around him, continues jockeying backwards, doing absolutely nothing to stop the attack. He doesn't try to cover Fernandez who is desperately trying to cover him and instead just plays Lukaku onside where Fernandez should have been and the game is over.

The two later goals he dd the same. Backing off until it is far too late and an opportunity to shoot/play a killer pass opens up and we concede. If he hadn't of scored those goals last season I'd be interested to see peoples opinion of him. Those goals have blinded many to his colossal weaknesses.

I'm amazed you can see all this running back & covering via a stream

How many times you been to the Liberty again ?
Harry Maguire selected for England on 21:39 - Aug 24 with 2232 viewsKilkennyjack

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:26 - Aug 24 by jasper_T

Maguire's a lot better than Mawson and has been on people's radar a lot longer.

This is the truth of the matter.

Beware of the Risen People

Harry Maguire selected for England on 21:44 - Aug 24 with 2220 viewsdickythorpe

Mawson is a raw talent with masses of potential. Bounces back from mistakes. But NOWHERE near international standard yet.
Needs to knuckle down and carry on learning the game.
Harry Maguire selected for England on 22:00 - Aug 24 with 2193 viewsLoyal

Harry Maguire selected for England on 21:44 - Aug 24 by dickythorpe

Mawson is a raw talent with masses of potential. Bounces back from mistakes. But NOWHERE near international standard yet.
Needs to knuckle down and carry on learning the game.

And Mawson plays for a Welsh club.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Harry Maguire selected for England on 22:03 - Aug 24 with 2183 viewsItchySphincter

I think Mawson reads the game well and shows potential but he's still very raw and is likely to gift the opposition at least one good chance per game, in the same way that Tatey used to.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Harry Maguire selected for England on 22:18 - Aug 24 with 2163 viewsnantywatcher

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:24 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

DYSS how many times do I have to plead with you not to comment on football matters, this posting really makes you look like an idiot. You are clueless, but this was an all time low even for you. Write out fifty times "I must avoid the football posts.., at all times."
Harry Maguire selected for England on 22:35 - Aug 24 with 2141 viewsjack247

Maguire was quality last season, despite relegation. On the little I've seen of him, I'd pick him ahead of Mawson too.

Not to say Mawson doesn't have huge potential, but he's not an England player yet.
Harry Maguire selected for England on 09:50 - Aug 26 with 1977 viewsBalhamSwan

I rate mawson but you have to be blind to ignore his numerous costly mistakes
Harry Maguire selected for England on 09:56 - Aug 26 with 1957 viewsbuilthjack

He has an awful lot to learn. Prone to mistakes each game. Am sure he will get there in a couple of years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Harry Maguire selected for England on 11:05 - Aug 26 with 1921 viewsEasternJack

Harry Maguire selected for England on 22:03 - Aug 24 by ItchySphincter

I think Mawson reads the game well and shows potential but he's still very raw and is likely to gift the opposition at least one good chance per game, in the same way that Tatey used to.

That's the price of ginger

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Harry Maguire selected for England on 11:29 - Aug 26 with 1903 viewsharryhpalmer

Maws would even accept himself he has a way to go yet before he's ready to step up for England.

He has a chance of going to the World Cup next summer though, if he progress.

Macguire, while just 1 year old, has over 100 more first team appearances on Maws, and at a higher level.

Anyone who thinks he's ready now is blind. He does still have a mistake in him every game, and he needs to iron that out, and I am sure Clement has reminded him, as he did last season on over playing in the wrong area of the pitch.

If you watched MacGuire even in just 2 appearances for Leicester - he was Hull's best player last season by a mile - he does look the real deal, and a bargain when you think the max they will pay is £17m, and City are thinking of blowing £30m on Johnny Evans!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:51 - Aug 26 with 1857 viewsLoyal

Harry Maguire selected for England on 22:35 - Aug 24 by jack247

Maguire was quality last season, despite relegation. On the little I've seen of him, I'd pick him ahead of Mawson too.

Not to say Mawson doesn't have huge potential, but he's not an England player yet.

Hopefully Cluclas klan is the same as Maguire.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Harry Maguire selected for England on 14:20 - Aug 26 with 1831 viewsMo_Wives

Harry Maguire selected for England on 13:51 - Aug 26 by Loyal

Hopefully Cluclas klan is the same as Maguire.

Cluclas Klan.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024