Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renato Sanchez 19:46 - Aug 25 with 122984 viewsBenJ94

Swans 7/2 to sign him (presumably on loan) on sky bet. Surely got to be Bull? Or a sign of clement finally using his contacts?
Renato Sanchez on 13:13 - Aug 29 with 3768 viewspencoedjack

Renato Sanchez on 12:20 - Aug 29 by RuDeMan1970

You can say that again Major! There's almost a starting XI been moved on since last season:-
(GK) Tremmel
(LB) Tabanou
(CH) Kingsley
(CH) Amat
(MF) Sigurdsson
(MF) Cork
(LW) Emnes
(RW) Barrow
(CF) Gomis
(CF) Baston
plus a few youngsters out on loan and maybe one or two others I've forgotten about.

Its sickening

Mesa swap for Cork probably little difference in transfer fee / wages

Gomis /Tammy probably less wages

Clucas / Siggy/Kingsley > probably about 30 million in the bank.

That's without the ones you mention.

Llorente / Bony will probably even itself out (maybe cheaper Wilf than Llorente).
Renato Sanchez on 13:19 - Aug 29 with 3702 viewsairedale

Renato Sanchez on 11:35 - Aug 29 by pencoedjack

I have an imagine of HJ sticking his hand in a bag of pens to find out which player to sign

.....and coming out with a Bic.
Renato Sanchez on 13:19 - Aug 29 with 3704 viewsPrivate_Partz

Renato Sanchez on 12:20 - Aug 29 by RuDeMan1970

You can say that again Major! There's almost a starting XI been moved on since last season:-
(GK) Tremmel
(LB) Tabanou
(CH) Kingsley
(CH) Amat
(MF) Sigurdsson
(MF) Cork
(LW) Emnes
(RW) Barrow
(CF) Gomis
(CF) Baston
plus a few youngsters out on loan and maybe one or two others I've forgotten about.

It us truly frightening. The squad as it stands might, just might, stay out of the bottom 3 if we avoid injuries.
Jenkins it seems is prepared to gamble on this to prove to the Yanks he has the Midas touch to run a top flight club on a shoe string. Thereby hanging on to his very well paid job.
If we fail he still hangs on to his millions and has another years wages to add to it. Who knows he might even get a pay off if dismissed.
You got to hand it to him. He had taken the supporters and the Yanks for mugs.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Renato Sanchez on 13:30 - Aug 29 with 3580 viewsHeadmaster

Never have great expectations, unless you want great disappointment. Saying that, who are these "Sky Sources"? Are they the same sources that said talks had "broken down" with Everton over Sigurdsson?

Also, I just read that Leicester are now in for Chadli.
Renato Sanchez on 14:48 - Aug 29 with 3227 viewsgiantstoneater

Renato will not be coming to us according to SSN just now. we will be lucky to sign anyone at this rate.
Renato Sanchez on 14:54 - Aug 29 with 3151 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 13:30 - Aug 29 by Headmaster

Never have great expectations, unless you want great disappointment. Saying that, who are these "Sky Sources"? Are they the same sources that said talks had "broken down" with Everton over Sigurdsson?

Also, I just read that Leicester are now in for Chadli.

Don't know, various sources I would have thought. The siggy talks did break down however. People tend to take running commentary of the situation as a final analysis. Reporting is very much done at the time. Like they are saying he is unlikely to come to us, that comment is as it stands, tomorrow may be a different picture and it may be likely.

But you are correct regarding expectations. I cant see him here personally. Seems too good to be true, however I am encouraged that we are brave enough to go after someone like this and actually make it a possibility. Keep doing that and you will eventually get one as Bremen found out with De Bruyne.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Renato Sanchez on 15:11 - Aug 29 with 3009 viewsforkbeard

Considering Liverpool were supposed to be favourites..

BREAKING: Liverpool have dropped their interest in Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches. (Source: SkySports)
Renato Sanchez on 15:18 - Aug 29 with 2936 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 15:11 - Aug 29 by forkbeard

Considering Liverpool were supposed to be favourites..

BREAKING: Liverpool have dropped their interest in Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches. (Source: SkySports)

I posted on here yesterday that a respected Liverpool source said the interest was never there.

Sky just make stuff up based on rumours.

I'm not saying the guy will come to us, but Sky won't have a clue one way or another.

They are wrong about us far more often than not.
Login to get fewer ads

Renato Sanchez on 15:20 - Aug 29 with 2905 viewsJoe_bradshaw

http://sportwitness.co.uk/portuguese-source-backs-sanches-swansea-city-claim-gua

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Renato Sanchez on 15:22 - Aug 29 with 2873 viewsSWANSEYE

Sky - We're told Liverpool have dropped their interest in Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches who made several enquiries about his availability
Renato Sanchez on 15:25 - Aug 29 with 2841 viewswobbly

And it's a running joke that "Sky Sources" means they read it In a newspaper or on the internet somewhere but don't want to credit a rival.
Renato Sanchez on 15:32 - Aug 29 with 2751 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 15:18 - Aug 29 by londonlisa2001

I posted on here yesterday that a respected Liverpool source said the interest was never there.

Sky just make stuff up based on rumours.

I'm not saying the guy will come to us, but Sky won't have a clue one way or another.

They are wrong about us far more often than not.

But that is the point. right now it is not a pre determined outcome - so nobody knows how it will turn out. But to think Sky know nothing just is not true. Some may point to reports saying we were after Chadli were wrong because he did not en up coming, but at the time of reporting I think it is clear we were.

With Sanches I would imagine not even he knows. But they slashed Swansea from 33/1 to where they currently find themselves and the interest has only just appeared in the media. So they obviously have some sort of accurate informant regarding the deal. Or at least the approach, it will differ with each deal.

They would not offer the market if they were completely blind in the deal, I know that to be a fact.

Renato Sanchez on 15:37 - Aug 29 with 2728 viewsEasternJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:19 - Aug 29 by Private_Partz

It us truly frightening. The squad as it stands might, just might, stay out of the bottom 3 if we avoid injuries.
Jenkins it seems is prepared to gamble on this to prove to the Yanks he has the Midas touch to run a top flight club on a shoe string. Thereby hanging on to his very well paid job.
If we fail he still hangs on to his millions and has another years wages to add to it. Who knows he might even get a pay off if dismissed.
You got to hand it to him. He had taken the supporters and the Yanks for mugs.

FRightnings a strong word. Only 2 of that list were 1st teasers and a further 3 on the bench.

We've signed 2 and I expect another 2z

Keep calm

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:41 - Aug 29 with 2671 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 15:32 - Aug 29 by E20Jack

But that is the point. right now it is not a pre determined outcome - so nobody knows how it will turn out. But to think Sky know nothing just is not true. Some may point to reports saying we were after Chadli were wrong because he did not en up coming, but at the time of reporting I think it is clear we were.

With Sanches I would imagine not even he knows. But they slashed Swansea from 33/1 to where they currently find themselves and the interest has only just appeared in the media. So they obviously have some sort of accurate informant regarding the deal. Or at least the approach, it will differ with each deal.

They would not offer the market if they were completely blind in the deal, I know that to be a fact.

I'm talking about SSN. Skybet still have us as favourites.

SSN's only reason for saying it's unlikely, if you read their article, is because Liverpool want him. Yet they then say Liverpool have pulled out.

It's nonsense.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 15:43]
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:45 - Aug 29 with 2590 viewsE20Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:41 - Aug 29 by londonlisa2001

I'm talking about SSN. Skybet still have us as favourites.

SSN's only reason for saying it's unlikely, if you read their article, is because Liverpool want him. Yet they then say Liverpool have pulled out.

It's nonsense.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 15:43]

Ah I see, yeah they need an hour to fill in news reports/

Renato Sanchez on 15:50 - Aug 29 with 2554 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think we've clearly made an enquiry. We can't compete with the other clubs mentioned but it's just possible that none of the other clubs will reach a deal with Bayern, particularly at the loan fees mentioned and wages etc.

Could it be possible that due to PC's connection we are waiting in the wings should all other options fail and Bayern will be prepared to offer us a cut price loan at the last minute rather than no deal at all?m

It's unlikely but not impossible and it sits with the whispers about a marquee signing that might happen very late in the window.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Renato Sanchez on 15:56 - Aug 29 with 2474 viewsThornburyswan

Renato Sanchez on 15:50 - Aug 29 by Joe_bradshaw

I think we've clearly made an enquiry. We can't compete with the other clubs mentioned but it's just possible that none of the other clubs will reach a deal with Bayern, particularly at the loan fees mentioned and wages etc.

Could it be possible that due to PC's connection we are waiting in the wings should all other options fail and Bayern will be prepared to offer us a cut price loan at the last minute rather than no deal at all?m

It's unlikely but not impossible and it sits with the whispers about a marquee signing that might happen very late in the window.

Good rationale/logic & could be spot on, I guess we'll see by Thursday
Renato Sanchez on 15:58 - Aug 29 with 2434 viewsBlasterJack

Renato Sanchez on 15:50 - Aug 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Marquee signing?

This is Swansea. It'll be a 2 man pop up tent from Aldi.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Renato Sanchez on 16:14 - Aug 29 with 2300 viewsChippy69

Renato Sanchez on 15:58 - Aug 29 by BlasterJack

Marquee signing?

This is Swansea. It'll be a 2 man pop up tent from Aldi.

Sorry was in aldi's early door's
only 4 berth tents left
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 16:14]

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Renato Sanchez on 16:20 - Aug 29 with 2236 viewsFireboy2

PC has a great relationship with CA and hopefully that will help the deal go through smoothly

And imo we have got rid of alot of deadwood because PC is known to like a small squad where players get alot of gametime

The problem is that we don't have enough quality players in the small squad and PC knows this

I bet he's pulling what hair he has out
Renato Sanchez on 16:29 - Aug 29 with 2129 viewsShaky

No doubt an exciting prospect, but i would be more than a little concerned that if it comes off both the main striker and creative force are loan players.

You would have to set the team up around that but what happens when they bugger off?

What better time to actually buy sutiable players for the long term when the club is flush with cash?

This strikes me as the sort of short-termism that could backfire badly; as you were.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Renato Sanchez on 16:35 - Aug 29 with 2057 viewsunion_jack

Renato Sanchez on 16:29 - Aug 29 by Shaky

No doubt an exciting prospect, but i would be more than a little concerned that if it comes off both the main striker and creative force are loan players.

You would have to set the team up around that but what happens when they bugger off?

What better time to actually buy sutiable players for the long term when the club is flush with cash?

This strikes me as the sort of short-termism that could backfire badly; as you were.

What do you call long term. Any half decent player with us only lasts a couple of seasons before they get bought by the bigger clubs. No loyalty and in fairness for good reason probably.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Renato Sanchez on 16:36 - Aug 29 with 2029 viewsShaky

Renato Sanchez on 16:35 - Aug 29 by union_jack

What do you call long term. Any half decent player with us only lasts a couple of seasons before they get bought by the bigger clubs. No loyalty and in fairness for good reason probably.

Cetainly more than a season!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Renato Sanchez on 16:37 - Aug 29 with 2018 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 16:29 - Aug 29 by Shaky

I agree with that.

But on the flip side, we can't hold on to our best players anyway, so the difference is less about continuity and more about removing the risk (both downside but also, of course upside), from our 'big players' while improving the core around them.

We don't make the big profits like Siggy, but we also don't lose a fortune like Baston (I realise that loan fees are high, but last year's £15m would probably be £27m now so that's what we are comparing with).

I assume it's a short term strategy though, maybe until the commercial side and expansion gets dealt with in whatever way it happens.
Renato Sanchez on 16:39 - Aug 29 with 1988 viewsMo_Wives

About to sign Rene? All we need now is someone from the trust to tweet 'Allo Allo'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024