Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renato Sanchez 19:46 - Aug 25 with 123004 viewsBenJ94

Swans 7/2 to sign him (presumably on loan) on sky bet. Surely got to be Bull? Or a sign of clement finally using his contacts?
Renato Sanchez on 16:32 - Aug 28 with 2794 viewsAl_Bundy

More I read about Sanches the less likely I think he'll come to us.

Think our focus should be on more realistic targets
Renato Sanchez on 16:44 - Aug 28 with 2686 viewsraynor94

Renato Sanchez on 16:32 - Aug 28 by Al_Bundy

I think he sees us as the last resort, but seeing the names of others being mentioned I don't blame him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Renato Sanchez on 16:52 - Aug 28 with 2618 viewsjojaca

File this under keeping fans happy who we are linked with, but zero chance of it happening. Probably end of with like a Jota type signing from Brentford.

Even when you know, you never know?

Renato Sanchez on 16:55 - Aug 28 with 2585 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 16:44 - Aug 28 by raynor94

I think he sees us as the last resort, but seeing the names of others being mentioned I don't blame him

I wouldn't say last resort.

I genuinely think what Lisa was told was correct and maybe there was some sort of verbal interest between the player, Munich and Clement regarding a loan deal with a view to impressing and coming back and challenging for a regular spot at Munich.

Unfortunately is seems Liverpool have moved, thrown a spanner in the works and are discussing a permanent move, something we cannot afford to do and something that is Munich's preference.

If Liverpool and Munich agree a fee then Sanches wont get the choice to join us on loan. If they do agree a deal, as Lisa said, it may then be a domino effect and pave a way for Coutinho to leave.

With all that having to be sorted out first, I think this one will run to deadline day.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Renato Sanchez on 17:15 - Aug 28 with 2483 viewsgolly47

Renato Sanchez on 16:17 - Aug 28 by ABERSWAN

Keita will join Liverpool on July 2018. They could still loan Sanchez for this season.

This is what I get for ignoring 'click bait' articles haha

Poll: What was worse?

Renato Sanchez on 17:18 - Aug 28 with 2436 viewskarnataka

Renato Sanchez on 16:32 - Aug 28 by Al_Bundy

Especially with time running out.
Renato Sanchez on 17:19 - Aug 28 with 2436 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 16:55 - Aug 28 by E20Jack

I wouldn't say last resort.

I genuinely think what Lisa was told was correct and maybe there was some sort of verbal interest between the player, Munich and Clement regarding a loan deal with a view to impressing and coming back and challenging for a regular spot at Munich.

Unfortunately is seems Liverpool have moved, thrown a spanner in the works and are discussing a permanent move, something we cannot afford to do and something that is Munich's preference.

If Liverpool and Munich agree a fee then Sanches wont get the choice to join us on loan. If they do agree a deal, as Lisa said, it may then be a domino effect and pave a way for Coutinho to leave.

With all that having to be sorted out first, I think this one will run to deadline day.

A pretty well respected Liverpool source has said that Liverpool are not interested and that their interest was made up by a Spanish source (Sport?) and then repeated by Sky Italia and it's just a ruse as Sport are pushing for Coutinho to Barcelona.

Another pretty decent source is reporting we have an agreement for a loan and an option to purchase for £28m. (I really can't see that, although the source has well over 100k followers on twitter). And when I say I can't see that, it must be utter nonsense. His price would be double that surely, plus there's no chance of anything other than a loan to a club like us and even that is somewhat crazy.

We are coming in odds wise at the moment btw although I suspect that it's the same as I speculated on yesterday, where local press have now reported the interest and Skybet have reacted as they don't have any independent information.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 17:23]
Renato Sanchez on 17:24 - Aug 28 with 2374 viewsunion_jack

Renato Sanchez on 17:19 - Aug 28 by londonlisa2001

A pretty well respected Liverpool source has said that Liverpool are not interested and that their interest was made up by a Spanish source (Sport?) and then repeated by Sky Italia and it's just a ruse as Sport are pushing for Coutinho to Barcelona.

Another pretty decent source is reporting we have an agreement for a loan and an option to purchase for £28m. (I really can't see that, although the source has well over 100k followers on twitter). And when I say I can't see that, it must be utter nonsense. His price would be double that surely, plus there's no chance of anything other than a loan to a club like us and even that is somewhat crazy.

We are coming in odds wise at the moment btw although I suspect that it's the same as I speculated on yesterday, where local press have now reported the interest and Skybet have reacted as they don't have any independent information.

Even if that fee was correct, what would his wage demand be? I'm sure that may break the bank in itself.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Renato Sanchez on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 2365 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 17:24 - Aug 28 by union_jack

Even if that fee was correct, what would his wage demand be? I'm sure that may break the bank in itself.

God knows.

Although I genuinely think we are not that far away from signing our first £100k a week player.

Which is just mad, isn't it.
Renato Sanchez on 17:27 - Aug 28 with 2326 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 17:19 - Aug 28 by londonlisa2001

That's plausible. Yes ''Sport'' does seem to be the original source from what I can see. The media have a huge influence in Spain as I am sure you know, many say Real Madrid are effectively run by Unidad and their Marca publication.

This would be an absolute perfect signing if we can get a deal done for £28m. He will pretty much always retain that sort of value. If he excels you can possibly treble that fee.

Yes I saw both us and Liverpool are 6/4 now. I guess it is a matter of sourcing Liverpools interest being genuine then seeing a proper odds move again. I suspect the latest minimal movements (7/4 to 6/4) are due to a bit of money now being attracted to the market as it gathers more media attraction.

Don't underestimate Sky though. Remember they moved their price from 33/1 to 7/2 on Swansea and 5/1 to 6/4 on Liverpool before any confirmed press reports of eithers firm interest. I scoured the internet for a Swansea link and found absolutely nothing after that first move, they always seem to have a contact somewhere in deals. The extent of that contacts involvement of course is up for debate. So they may only be informed up until the interest is registered and that is it.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 17:31]

Renato Sanchez on 17:29 - Aug 28 with 2317 viewsunion_jack

Renato Sanchez on 17:25 - Aug 28 by londonlisa2001

God knows.

Although I genuinely think we are not that far away from signing our first £100k a week player.

Which is just mad, isn't it.

The whole financial aspect of football is mad Lisa.

The amounts we are talking in transfer fees and weekly wages is nothing less than obscene and surely cannot last (though many have been saying this for years but still it goes on).

£100k PER WEEK (and that's mild by top 6 standard). No one or nothing can justify that in my opinion.

Renato Sanchez on 17:38 - Aug 28 with 2233 viewsE20Jack

As for the £28m fee Lisa, he does look like he is available for a lot less than the £44m they paid.

I was following the transfer earlier in pre season when he looked set to go to AC Milan. I am sure the fee being talked about was £35m and there ended up being disagreements on how much was paid up front if memory serves.

£28m sounds a bit short but added to what must be a substantial loan fee for this season you may get close to that £35m fee talked about between AC and Munich.

Renato Sanchez on 17:43 - Aug 28 with 2184 viewsThornburyswan

Renato Sanchez on 17:38 - Aug 28 by E20Jack

As for the £28m fee Lisa, he does look like he is available for a lot less than the £44m they paid.

I was following the transfer earlier in pre season when he looked set to go to AC Milan. I am sure the fee being talked about was £35m and there ended up being disagreements on how much was paid up front if memory serves.

£28m sounds a bit short but added to what must be a substantial loan fee for this season you may get close to that £35m fee talked about between AC and Munich.

Good point on the loan fee, IF (& it's a big if in my eyes) there is any truth in this then a loan fee + wages for the season + £28M next summer wouldn't be far short of £35M - Sanches gets first team footie in a top league & the chance to make the Portugal WC squad for next summer - win, win!
Renato Sanchez on 17:44 - Aug 28 with 2177 viewsAl_Bundy

Just as we turn away our heads from this possibility , posters drag our optimism up again
Renato Sanchez on 17:44 - Aug 28 with 2171 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 17:29 - Aug 28 by union_jack

The whole financial aspect of football is mad Lisa.

The amounts we are talking in transfer fees and weekly wages is nothing less than obscene and surely cannot last (though many have been saying this for years but still it goes on).

£100k PER WEEK (and that's mild by top 6 standard). No one or nothing can justify that in my opinion.

Oh I think the line marked obscenity can't even be seen any longer in the premier league's rear view mirror.

But every time I wonder if it can last I see a reason why it will. I was in Burma for a month at the end of last year and every single village (and I'm talking remote hill tribes here as we were trekking) had one TV, powered by solar, where the whole village sits every week watching 3 or 4 live premier league games into the middle of the night.

The interest is insane. Everywhere we went, the local tribespeople had heard of the Swans, and even knew the names of our players. I wished I'd known before, as I would have taken some stuff over for them.
Renato Sanchez on 17:45 - Aug 28 with 2150 viewsE20Jack

Just to further my last post....

That £28m figure is looking more realistic after finding out the sort of loan fee they have been trying to get - eye wateringly it is reported at £9m! Added to the fee to sign him (£28m) that makes £37m and basically the figure they agreed with AC Milan (£36m) if the loan fee would be taken off the figure agreed - which I would imagine to be the case.

link....

Renato Sanches has been given the green light to leave Bayern Munich this summer on loan after a difficult first season in Germany.

The Portugal international started just nine games last term and is expected to leave the Allianz Arena to secure regular first-team football.

Chelsea are known to be interested in the 19-year-old but AC Milan were said to have stolen a march on the Premier League champions.

However, Italian newspaper Tuttosport claims Milan's negotiations with Bayern have now broken down, paving the way for the Blues.

The report says Milan had settled on a £9m loan fee but were keen to include a clause allowing them to buy Sanches for £36m.

However, Bayern have no interest in including a first-refusal clause and have rejected the offer.

Negotiations between the two clubs are said to have ended and Chelsea could now muscle in on the deal.

Bayern chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge revealed last week Antonio Conte had expressed an interest in Sanches after the Blues' 3-2 defeat to the Bundesliga champions in pre-season.

Renato Sanchez on 17:45 - Aug 28 with 2158 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 17:44 - Aug 28 by Al_Bundy

Just as we turn away our heads from this possibility , posters drag our optimism up again

Sorry.

Renato Sanchez on 17:52 - Aug 28 with 2064 viewsone_upmanship

Renato Sanchez on 16:52 - Aug 28 by jojaca

File this under keeping fans happy who we are linked with, but zero chance of it happening. Probably end of with like a Jota type signing from Brentford.

Would love Jota here 👍🏻
Renato Sanchez on 17:53 - Aug 28 with 2052 viewsAl_Bundy

So if we are almost joint favourites why are we not mentioned in any article anywhere apart from WOL?
Renato Sanchez on 17:54 - Aug 28 with 2038 viewsunion_jack

Renato Sanchez on 17:44 - Aug 28 by londonlisa2001

Oh I think the line marked obscenity can't even be seen any longer in the premier league's rear view mirror.

But every time I wonder if it can last I see a reason why it will. I was in Burma for a month at the end of last year and every single village (and I'm talking remote hill tribes here as we were trekking) had one TV, powered by solar, where the whole village sits every week watching 3 or 4 live premier league games into the middle of the night.

The interest is insane. Everywhere we went, the local tribespeople had heard of the Swans, and even knew the names of our players. I wished I'd known before, as I would have taken some stuff over for them.

That's genuinely heart warming and great to hear.

But it doesn't, and I'm sure you agree, justify the amounts players get. Nothing does.

However, it is what it is so let's hope it doesn't hit a brick wall any time soon. A gentle slope downwards wouldn't be so bad though.

Renato Sanchez on 17:56 - Aug 28 with 2013 viewsE20Jack

Renato Sanchez on 17:53 - Aug 28 by Al_Bundy

So if we are almost joint favourites why are we not mentioned in any article anywhere apart from WOL?

That is the Sky link in all this in my opinion. Nowhere have I seen this Swansea link be reported properly. Only reporting on the odds change (WoL).

I also don't think its a publicity stunt to placate the fans either as it is a pretty rubbish publicity stunt when it is accompanied by no publicity

33/1 to 6/4 is a price move of epic proportions with absolutely no media reports.

Renato Sanchez on 18:03 - Aug 28 with 1930 viewsLiam

I think we should stay away from signing him.

Last thing we need is another lazy prima Donna which undoubtedly he is.

Plus we don't have a good track record with Portuguese signings.

Our best bet is a decent English championship attacking midfielder. We've never done bad signing an English player from what I can recall for the past few years.
Renato Sanchez on 18:05 - Aug 28 with 1893 viewsKennedy

Some decent comments here

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6wjyr3/swansea_city_make_audacious_bid_

Just call me JFK

Renato Sanchez on 18:07 - Aug 28 with 1873 viewsunion_jack

Renato Sanchez on 18:03 - Aug 28 by Liam

I think we should stay away from signing him.

Last thing we need is another lazy prima Donna which undoubtedly he is.

Plus we don't have a good track record with Portuguese signings.

Our best bet is a decent English championship attacking midfielder. We've never done bad signing an English player from what I can recall for the past few years.

I don't know enough about this guy but I'd take Ronaldo in a heart beat, Portuguese or not!

Renato Sanchez on 18:14 - Aug 28 with 1785 viewsA_Fans_Dad

About the only advantage that we have is that he wants to play regular first team football, which I very much doubt any of the really big teams can actually guarantee him due to their top class stock of players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024