Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big C 16:42 - Aug 26 with 46211 viewsLord_Bony

Have nt posted on here for a while...though I still help mod the site in the background.

The reason being I was diagnosed on 23rd June with cancer after a routine blood test. It was a bombshell to say the least.

It was discovered I had a large tumour of the colon...6.5cm

Upon further investigation the final results are in . Unfortunately, it has spread to the lymph nodes and metastasised onto the liver. I have a tennis ball,golf ball and two marble sized tumours of the liver.All this must have happened over a long period without me being aware of it.

So I am at stage 4 advanced cancer...having said that I still have no symptoms and am feeling mostly well and still active....even though the prognosis is not good...for most people with liver tumours it is about 6 to 9 months from being diagnosed.

I am trying many different therapies at the moment including radically changing my diet to mainly vegan and drinking freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices every hour or so with tons of water and supplements to flush everything out....many have had great success with alternative treatments ...as I said I still feel ok and exercise regularly no problem..Pen y fan mountain being a favourite.

Still got options open due to start chemo therapy soon then maybe surgery if they can shrink the tumour size....but 3 major operations and months of chemo and radiation is a big ask...

The main reason for writing this is get yourself screened...especially over 50s even over 40s these days...insist on a colonoscopy as this kind of cancer is on the increase for both men and women.

You will not get any symptoms most of the time in many cancers..until it s too late..thats why its called the silent killer.If its caught in the early stages you have a great chance of a cure...once it spreads to other parts of the body it is much more difficult. 1 in 3 of us will be affected during our lifetimes with the figure predicted to be 1 in 2 in a few years...

You have been warned...

Up the Swans and good luck to you all for the future....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Big C on 18:35 - Aug 26 with 2896 viewsScfc2017

Keep fighting. YJB 👍
The Big C on 18:39 - Aug 26 with 2891 viewsjack2jack

So sorry to read about your current health issues,stay strong,keep positive.
We're all rooting for you.
Best wishes
J2J
The Big C on 18:58 - Aug 26 with 2850 viewsNogginthenog

I lost my sister to this disease 3 years ago this month and I had colon/ rectal cancer myself some 25 years ago. I was fortunate that mine was caugt early and was confined to one section of the colon. I underwent very serious surgery though but am here to tell the tale. I hope that you are fortunate enough to eradicate this thing with the correct treatment and I send you my sincerest best wishes. You will have to endure some tribulations but stay positive, it is an important facet of your approach to the treatment. Good luck.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 19:10]
The Big C on 19:03 - Aug 26 with 2838 viewstheloneranger

It must have taken a huge amount of courage to write about your cancer, Lord Bony.
I lost my Mam and Dad to this horrible disease, but if I can add anything positive it is this...

About 9 years ago my brother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 colon and liver cancer, and after chemo and 2 massive ops in hospitals in both Wales and England, was given the all clear.

All the way through he was positive, even through his darkest days, never giving up and continuing to do the things he enjoyed like playing golf!!

So stay positive, and good luck

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Big C on 19:26 - Aug 26 with 2798 viewsBarrySwan

A very sobering read indeed.

So sorry to hear of your news, all the best and keep your chin up
The Big C on 19:31 - Aug 26 with 2789 views3swan

Sad reading, but as you and others have said, stay positive. I have known a few over the years with various forms of this disease and all are still around today.
None are the same and each of us is an individual, but good luck, do as you’re told and fight, fight, fight.
I’m sure there will be some down days, but keep coming back and read the words of support for you
The Big C on 19:32 - Aug 26 with 2783 viewsPrivate_Partz

The bravest and most considerate post I have ever read on here.
The Planet Swans family have said it all and we are with you in your fight. All the very best mate.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 19:32]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Big C on 19:34 - Aug 26 with 2773 viewsCountyJim

Praying for you mate keep your chin up
Login to get fewer ads

The Big C on 20:06 - Aug 26 with 2733 viewsBLAZE

Sat here trying to find the words. Just keep fighting, friend x
The Big C on 20:13 - Aug 26 with 2713 viewsbonymine

Your incredible post has hit me like nothing else I know tonight Sir ; a most sobering reality check.

We all go about our lives every day carefree without really knowing whether this b*stard of a disease may have infiltrated our bodies at any time and to what extent.

Quite how something so deadly and sinister can devastate lives literally overnight is alarmingly frightening and really should make us all appreciate what we have here and now in the present as we most certainly do not know what is around the corner whatsoever.

I truly hope that you are successful in conquering this silent killer and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family this evening.

Take care my friend we are ALL on your side 👍

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Big C on 20:22 - Aug 26 with 2699 viewsplasjack

All the best, but don't worry to much because medical science is making huge strides for this horrible disease, and recovery rates are such that more people are beating the big C.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:37 - Aug 26 with 2669 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Big C on 20:42 - Aug 26 with 2662 viewsYossarian

You are still strong and your post tells me you have the courage to confront and defeat this. Many, many people are diagnosed with stage 4 and beat it. You can do it. We are all willing you on. Stay strong YJB.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Big C on 20:55 - Aug 26 with 2639 viewslondonlisa2001

So very very sorry to read your post.

The past couple of months must have been hell for you and your family.

I wish you all possible luck in your battle to get well.

5 years or so ago, I worked with a lady that was given absolutely no chance of recovery with her cancer. Her family were told that she couldn't be expected to live more than a few weeks, and to make all necessary arrangements. That was 25 years before I met her. She's still fighting fit.
The Big C on 21:14 - Aug 26 with 2610 viewsBrynCartwright

Lord Bony.

My thoughts are with you even though we've never met.

It puts petty football squabbles into true perspective.

Fight it!

Fight it!

You will get through this shite.

Best of luck fella.

x

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Big C on 21:51 - Aug 26 with 2568 viewsDJack

I'm so fcuking gutted for you mate. There is hope (see theloneranger's post) and just fight it day by day.

YJB

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Big C on 22:47 - Aug 26 with 2518 viewsCooperman

Hello Paul. Your post provides so many mixed emotions. You have showed unbelievable courage in even getting this far, more courage than a lot of people will ever show in their entire lifetime. The past few months will have been sheer hell for you and your family and I'm certain that you will have searched for every ounce of comfort and hope available to you.

You've got to promise yourself several things.
Never give up hope. A lot of the battle against cancer is fought in the mind and the biggest controllable factor in overcoming the issue is maintaining a positive attitude. You've got to keep believing in a positive outcome even though it's going to be a case of two steps forward and one back throughout your journey. There will be dark days ahead and when you are met with these you've got to use every resource available to you, even those that you never thought were within your reach. You can do this. Please never give up.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Big C on 22:56 - Aug 26 with 2509 viewsbuilthjack

Stay strong. Hope you are still banning a few for many many years to come.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Big C on 23:13 - Aug 26 with 2485 viewsphact0rri

I wish I had words, but all I have is fight on my friend. I know we've never met, and our interactions over the years cold probably be shown on a single hand, but I just want to give you my good will, for whatever that will mean to you. My positivity is sitting with mate.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Big C on 23:21 - Aug 26 with 2470 viewsKerouac

Sorry to hear that Bony.
I wish you the very best of luck, treasure every day mate and keep fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Big C on 23:24 - Aug 26 with 2471 viewsSwanski

Brave post pal. Stay strong
Plenty of support all round for you.
The Big C on 23:48 - Aug 26 with 2436 viewsjackforever

Can only echo all that's already been said. Ive had a gutsfull of hearing about good people suffering from this horrible disease, my dad and brother in law are seriously ill with it at the moment and they are both the nicest blokes you could wish to meet. Very good advice about getting screened.
Also make sure you have sufficient critical illness cover as the last thing you need when fighting this is to worry about money if you can't work. If you are a youngster just starting out it's cheap as chips to get a lot of cover. We all think it won't happen to us but unfortunately we can't all be right.

Keep fighting mate, more or less said goodbye to my old man last December, last week the old git was down the liberty. ATB YJB.
The Big C on 23:48 - Aug 26 with 2434 viewsLoyal

Blaze said it all.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Big C on 02:29 - Aug 27 with 2357 viewsGaryjack

Ooph! All the best Bonesy! You'll beat it ok!
The Big C on 06:50 - Aug 27 with 2309 viewsSoberBaker

Difficult to respond without clichés, but the very best of luck to you Bony

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024