Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big C 16:42 - Aug 26 with 46078 viewsLord_Bony

Have nt posted on here for a while...though I still help mod the site in the background.

The reason being I was diagnosed on 23rd June with cancer after a routine blood test. It was a bombshell to say the least.

It was discovered I had a large tumour of the colon...6.5cm

Upon further investigation the final results are in . Unfortunately, it has spread to the lymph nodes and metastasised onto the liver. I have a tennis ball,golf ball and two marble sized tumours of the liver.All this must have happened over a long period without me being aware of it.

So I am at stage 4 advanced cancer...having said that I still have no symptoms and am feeling mostly well and still active....even though the prognosis is not good...for most people with liver tumours it is about 6 to 9 months from being diagnosed.

I am trying many different therapies at the moment including radically changing my diet to mainly vegan and drinking freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices every hour or so with tons of water and supplements to flush everything out....many have had great success with alternative treatments ...as I said I still feel ok and exercise regularly no problem..Pen y fan mountain being a favourite.

Still got options open due to start chemo therapy soon then maybe surgery if they can shrink the tumour size....but 3 major operations and months of chemo and radiation is a big ask...

The main reason for writing this is get yourself screened...especially over 50s even over 40s these days...insist on a colonoscopy as this kind of cancer is on the increase for both men and women.

You will not get any symptoms most of the time in many cancers..until it s too late..thats why its called the silent killer.If its caught in the early stages you have a great chance of a cure...once it spreads to other parts of the body it is much more difficult. 1 in 3 of us will be affected during our lifetimes with the figure predicted to be 1 in 2 in a few years...

You have been warned...

Up the Swans and good luck to you all for the future....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Big C on 08:05 - Aug 27 with 2816 viewsSwansNZ

I wish you all the best in your fight against this b@stard.

Good luck Bony.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Big C on 08:25 - Aug 27 with 2802 viewsraynor94

So, so sad to read that, I sincerely wish you and your family all the very best in the world

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Big C on 09:09 - Aug 27 with 2785 viewsHumpty

Very sorry to read this.

All the best mate.
The Big C on 09:22 - Aug 27 with 2770 viewsnicky

So gutting to read your post.

I know what you're going through.

3 years ago I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma - a cancer that affects blood, bone marrow, etc. Following surgery and a stem cell transplant I am now in partial remission.

Different cancer I know but my point is that 5 years ago myeloma, like many cancers, was a death sentence. Now, thanks to incredible medical advances it isn't.

Very very best wishes to you while you go through your treatment. You're doing the right thing by being as healthy as possible.

Stay strong and stay positive.
The Big C on 10:35 - Aug 27 with 2710 viewsSwanzay

Sorry to hear your news Lord B, I just wish to echo the sentiments already posted by others.

Please keep us updated on your fight, if you feel that is appropriate.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 10:37]
The Big C on 10:40 - Aug 27 with 2707 viewsjohnlangy

Bloody hell. Terrible news Bony. Fingers crossed for the treatment.
The Big C on 11:01 - Aug 27 with 2689 viewsJack_Meoff

The Big C on 10:35 - Aug 27 by Swanzay

Sorry to hear your news Lord B, I just wish to echo the sentiments already posted by others.

Please keep us updated on your fight, if you feel that is appropriate.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 10:37]

+1

Sincerest best wishes to you and family pal.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Big C on 11:01 - Aug 27 with 2688 viewsDarran

Just a thought but if there's a moderators job going Phil you know where I am.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The Big C on 11:08 - Aug 27 with 2674 viewscockneyswan

Terrible news Bony, good luck in your fight, very brave of you to share on here 👍
The Big C on 11:31 - Aug 27 with 2657 viewsGowerjack

All the very best to you buddy stay strong.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Big C on 11:52 - Aug 27 with 2634 viewsPegojack

All the very best to you in your fight.

The Planet Swans fraternity can be a bunch of idiots on occasions, but I am totally sure we're all behind you 100%.
The Big C on 14:10 - Aug 27 with 2565 viewslonglostjack

All the best.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Big C on 16:19 - Aug 27 with 2504 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Oh man ,

Come on mush there's not many of us tin hats about ,we need you to back us up .

I'm Truely shocked & I'm wishing you all the hope in the world to beat this horrid disease .

You can do it man .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Big C on 16:34 - Aug 27 with 2497 viewswhoflungdung

Bony.

Make em have it.

You ll beat this

IT won't be easy but life isn't.

Some talented doctors around and treatment improves all the time

Best

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The Big C on 16:59 - Aug 27 with 2474 viewsPacemaker

My 80 year old father recently had the same diagnosis he was operated on fairly quickly and had a very large tumour removed. He has been informed that it is in his lymph nodes and due to other health issues will not receive any further treatment. But his General Heath has improved since the tumour was removed.

Good luck Bony and keep fighting.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Big C on 17:35 - Aug 27 with 2452 viewsjack247

Wow, only just seen this. Stunned. Puts a lot of trivial stuff into perspective.

All the very best LB. YJB
The Big C on 18:04 - Aug 27 with 2419 viewsDan_Swan

Erm, I don't know what to say other than I mirror the words of everyone else within this thread. I wish you all the very best in fighting this god-awful illness. I can see from your post that you are positive & strong, just keep that going!

Take care.

Still following Dr's orders!

The Big C on 19:47 - Aug 27 with 2342 viewsexiledclaseboy

Horrible to read this. My wife's story is remarkably similar. All you can do is keep fighting. All the very best.

Poll: Tory leader

The Big C on 21:21 - Aug 27 with 2257 viewsowainglyndwr

Wishing you the very very best people fight this and we all hope that you do.
Stay strong
The Big C on 21:43 - Aug 27 with 2232 viewsswan65split

Having my wife being diagnosed with Breast Cancer just under 3 years ago, I have some empathy with how you are feeling , Good Luck and chin up YJB I know your in good hands
The Big C (n/t) on 23:49 - Aug 27 with 2158 viewsBillClem

The Big C (n/t) on 23:49 - Aug 27 with 2158 viewsBillClem

The Big C on 00:02 - Aug 28 with 2157 viewsBillClem

Lord Bony, We have never met and possibly the only thing we have in common is that we both follow the Swans When I read your post my mind went back to when I was 66
I too was diagnosed with Cancer and when told it leaves you with mixed emotions. I Had Radical surgery and the Consultant told me he would get me to 70. Three years later had 35 sessions of Radio Therapy which left me in a bit of a mess I am now on 3 monthly courses of injections On Sep 8 I will be 82 and still following the Swans
I know every situation is different but the one thing you must have is a Positive outlook and a firm belief in your Surgeon and live life to the full. My thoughts are with you in this look forward to reading your posts on Planet Swans for a long time yet.
The Big C on 00:48 - Aug 28 with 2139 viewsJack_Meoff

The Big C on 16:19 - Aug 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Oh man ,

Come on mush there's not many of us tin hats about ,we need you to back us up .

I'm Truely shocked & I'm wishing you all the hope in the world to beat this horrid disease .

You can do it man .

Good shout tom, team tinfoil is a man down at present. Conspicuous by absence.

LB, we're all with you man.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Big C on 01:34 - Aug 28 with 2131 viewsTNT

Wow...but for the grace of God.

In adversity, Jacks find strength.

Jacks side by side.

YJB!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024