Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big C 16:42 - Aug 26 with 46228 viewsLord_Bony

Have nt posted on here for a while...though I still help mod the site in the background.

The reason being I was diagnosed on 23rd June with cancer after a routine blood test. It was a bombshell to say the least.

It was discovered I had a large tumour of the colon...6.5cm

Upon further investigation the final results are in . Unfortunately, it has spread to the lymph nodes and metastasised onto the liver. I have a tennis ball,golf ball and two marble sized tumours of the liver.All this must have happened over a long period without me being aware of it.

So I am at stage 4 advanced cancer...having said that I still have no symptoms and am feeling mostly well and still active....even though the prognosis is not good...for most people with liver tumours it is about 6 to 9 months from being diagnosed.

I am trying many different therapies at the moment including radically changing my diet to mainly vegan and drinking freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices every hour or so with tons of water and supplements to flush everything out....many have had great success with alternative treatments ...as I said I still feel ok and exercise regularly no problem..Pen y fan mountain being a favourite.

Still got options open due to start chemo therapy soon then maybe surgery if they can shrink the tumour size....but 3 major operations and months of chemo and radiation is a big ask...

The main reason for writing this is get yourself screened...especially over 50s even over 40s these days...insist on a colonoscopy as this kind of cancer is on the increase for both men and women.

You will not get any symptoms most of the time in many cancers..until it s too late..thats why its called the silent killer.If its caught in the early stages you have a great chance of a cure...once it spreads to other parts of the body it is much more difficult. 1 in 3 of us will be affected during our lifetimes with the figure predicted to be 1 in 2 in a few years...

You have been warned...

Up the Swans and good luck to you all for the future....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Big C on 23:21 - Sep 6 with 8767 viewsEdmundo

Good luck with the fight butt 👍

I've been in remission for 12 years with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma,I was supposed to be dead after 10 years!

I had a minor blip last year, few weeks of radiation treatment and back in remission again.
We have removed a lot of red meat from our diet, eat loads more fresh veg, fruit and some super foods and loads of filtered water......works for us 👍

Be positive and don't let the quacks dictate what treatment suits you. Try alternative treatments and good luck 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Big C on 10:09 - Sep 7 with 8721 viewsawayjack

I hope the treatment goes well. Chemo, radiotherapy and new immunotherapy are making a difference on life expectancy and in some cases (immunotherapy) shrinking and stopping further spread. Talk care and if you haven't already explore immunotherapy currently only available on clinical trials.
The Big C on 20:40 - Sep 7 with 8626 viewsItchySphincter

Are you still paying tribute to popstars Bonehead? I hope you are.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Big C on 10:02 - Sep 8 with 8589 viewscostalotta

So so sorry to hear this.

I'm sure we've all got a story to tell about how this horrible thing can affect directly or indirectly.

it can be beaten though and I know of a few who are around today who perhaps weren't given much of a chance. Fight it with everything from the right diet, no sugar at all, exercise and a positive outlook.

Stay strong and be positive. Sending all the positive energy over to you that I can and wishing you all the success and luck in beating this damned thing.
The Big C on 14:59 - Sep 9 with 8441 viewsLord_Bony

The Big C on 18:24 - Sep 3 by the_gasman

Paul , I come and visit this forum daily , but only the football forum , rarely this board. Only this morning was I wondering where you've been . I'm shell shocked to hear this. I've met you and been to your house eh those few years back . My thoughts with you and your lovely wife and family. Rooting for you to beat this

Stuart x
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 18:27]

Thanks Stuart.

An update still feeling OK in general but last two days pain in liver.

I don't know if this is the treatment shrinking the tumours or if they are growing or the liver is packing up...hoping it's positive.

Seeing a top liver surgeon on Monday to discuss latest scans...fingers crossed.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

The Big C on 16:17 - Sep 9 with 8407 viewsDarran

The Big C on 14:59 - Sep 9 by Lord_Bony

Thanks Stuart.

I don't know if this is the treatment shrinking the tumours or if they are growing or the liver is packing up...hoping it's positive.

You didn't reply to my PM. Just saying.

Love you Paul. 😍

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Big C on 17:07 - Sep 9 with 8387 viewsbonymine

The Big C on 14:59 - Sep 9 by Lord_Bony

Thanks Stuart.

Fight on LB man this b*stard of an illness can be beaten.

Positive Attitude = Positive Results

NEVER give up hope you can see that the JA are behind you and the anecdotes of people on here alone .......

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 17:31]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Big C on 17:26 - Sep 9 with 8376 viewsLord_Bony

The Big C on 16:17 - Sep 9 by Darran

You didn't reply to my PM. Just saying.

Love you Paul. 😍

Thanks for your pm Darran I wrote back it was appreciated. It would be nice to have a lift to Velindre hospital in your new Bentley for sure.

I have had many pm s from posters but can't always reply in depth.

Some very nice inspirational ones from Pencoed Jack,Jackfath,Perchie and The Res believe it or not among others.

My family and I would like to thank all you wonderful people on this forum for your kind wishes.

The main reason for the post remains awareness and prevention.... don't let this happen to you.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

The Big C on 17:38 - Sep 9 with 8357 viewsbonymine

The Big C on 20:13 - Aug 26 by bonymine

Your incredible post has hit me like nothing else I know tonight Sir ; a most sobering reality check.

We all go about our lives every day carefree without really knowing whether this b*stard of a disease may have infiltrated our bodies at any time and to what extent.

Quite how something so deadly and sinister can devastate lives literally overnight is alarmingly frightening and really should make us all appreciate what we have here and now in the present as we most certainly do not know what is around the corner whatsoever.

I truly hope that you are successful in conquering this silent killer and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family this evening.

Take care my friend we are ALL on your side 👍

Thinking of you at all times my friend Love to you & your family take care 👍

The Big C on 18:10 - Sep 9 with 8341 viewsLord_Bony

The Big C on 17:38 - Sep 9 by bonymine

Thinking of you at all times my friend Love to you & your family take care 👍

Thank you my friend.

Let's not forget we are all fighting with cancer everyday of our lives...pre cancerous cells are eradicated by our immune system daily.

The problem is if the immune system is weakened then some of those cells can slip through the net and eventually take hold. This weakened immune system could be through illness,lack of vitamins or even a stressful job or relationship...once the body's defence system is down even for a short while,all kinds of things can take hold only to emerge at a later date...cancer being a major one.

If you're over 50 you really should be taking preventative measures now.

Here's a simple explanation.

The Big C on 18:29 - Sep 9 with 8328 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Big C on 17:26 - Sep 9 by Lord_Bony

Thanks for your pm Darran I wrote back it was appreciated. It would be nice to have a lift to Velindre hospital in your new Bentley for sure.

I have had many pm s from posters but can't always reply in depth.

Some very nice inspirational ones from Pencoed Jack,Jackfath,Perchie and The Res believe it or not among others.

My family and I would like to thank all you wonderful people on this forum for your kind wishes.

The main reason for the post remains awareness and prevention.... don't let this happen to you.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I don't know what scans you've had and I'm sure you're getting the best of care, but...

My mrs was told in July after CT scan that her bowel cancer had spread extensively to her liver and was incurable (although treatable). I don't need to tell you of all people how devastating that news was. A few weeks after that they decided they weren't so sure and sent her for an MRI for confirmation. The MRI showed that she doesn't have cancer in the liver, it's liver damage which has probably been caused by the cocktail of chemo drugs she's been taking since March. They stopped the chemo immediately and we have an appointment with the surgeon on Monday to discuss the op she needs to remove a far less serious (apparently) tumour which is definitely on one of her ovaries. We went from no hope of a cure to being potentially an operation away from a cure within a fortnight. An absolute rollercoaster.

Anyway, my point is that if you haven't had every scan and diagnostic tool possible, insist on it. You probably have, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Still wishing you all the very best obviously.

Poll: Tory leader

The Big C on 18:40 - Sep 9 with 8315 viewsLord_Bony

The Big C on 18:29 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

I don't know what scans you've had and I'm sure you're getting the best of care, but...

My mrs was told in July after CT scan that her bowel cancer had spread extensively to her liver and was incurable (although treatable). I don't need to tell you of all people how devastating that news was. A few weeks after that they decided they weren't so sure and sent her for an MRI for confirmation. The MRI showed that she doesn't have cancer in the liver, it's liver damage which has probably been caused by the cocktail of chemo drugs she's been taking since March. They stopped the chemo immediately and we have an appointment with the surgeon on Monday to discuss the op she needs to remove a far less serious (apparently) tumour which is definitely on one of her ovaries. We went from no hope of a cure to being potentially an operation away from a cure within a fortnight. An absolute rollercoaster.

Anyway, my point is that if you haven't had every scan and diagnostic tool possible, insist on it. You probably have, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

That's good news Andrew ...if there is such a thing in these circumstances....she now has a much better chance of a cure.

I have access to every scan and report it's strangely fascinating to be able to see every bit of cancer in your body...sometimes in 3D on my pc ...the technology is amazing.

Unfortunatley,One of the tumours I have is near the portal vein in the liver and just the simple position of this can decide if it's operable or not...a matter of life or death for some.

I wish you and your wife the very best outcome from this dreadful disease in the future.

The Big C on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 8310 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Big C on 18:40 - Sep 9 by Lord_Bony

That's good news Andrew ...if there is such a thing in these circumstances....she now has a much better chance of a cure.

I have access to every scan and report it's strangely fascinating to be able to see every bit of cancer in your body...sometimes in 3D on my pc ...the technology is amazing.

Unfortunatley,One of the tumours I have is near the portal vein in the liver and just the simple position of this can decide if it's operable or not...a matter of life or death for some.

I wish you and your wife the very best outcome from this dreadful disease in the future.

And us to you mate.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 18:45]

Poll: Tory leader

The Big C on 19:33 - Sep 9 with 8277 viewsbonymine

The Big C on 18:44 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

And us to you mate.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 18:45]

Absolutely best wishes to you and your friends take stock of your life as ever ........

The Big C on 20:22 - Sep 9 with 8253 viewsE20Jack

Is there such thing as a general cancer screening?

Does any kind of cancer show up in blood tests etc?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Big C on 20:34 - Sep 9 with 8245 viewsLord_Bony

The Big C on 20:22 - Sep 9 by E20Jack

Is there such thing as a general cancer screening?

Does any kind of cancer show up in blood tests etc?

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjc4NjY6pjWAhXvvO0KHdHkAmQYABAJGgJkZ can get a general blood test from gp. If you are anaemic with blood in your stool (ýou can't always see it ) they will send you for further tests as this is an indicator of cancer.

There are also several kits online you can use at home from £70

The Big C on 20:40 - Sep 9 with 8237 viewsE20Jack

The Big C on 20:34 - Sep 9 by Lord_Bony

https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjc4NjY6pjWAhXvvO0KHdHkAmQYABAJGgJkZ can get a general blood test from gp. If you are anaemic with blood in your stool (ýou can't always see it ) they will send you for further tests as this is an indicator of cancer.

Thank you.

and thanks for raising the awareness on here. I will certainly get myself and my family checked as a result of this.

Best wishes in this, stay positive.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Big C on 23:50 - Sep 9 with 8198 viewslonglostjack

The Big C on 20:34 - Sep 9 by Lord_Bony

You are a bloody top bloke.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Big C on 10:44 - Sep 10 with 8110 viewsmonmouth

The Big C on 23:50 - Sep 9 by longlostjack

You are a bloody top bloke.

Without doubt. Inspiring.

Beat the bastard, LB.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Big C on 18:49 - Sep 10 with 8027 viewsjedmo_jack

Fook me, puts everything into perspective this.

Good luck in your fight pal, hope you beat the coont.
The Big C on 22:10 - Sep 12 with 7784 viewsbonymine

The Big C on 18:29 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

I hope that you have both had positive news this week but whatever happens we're all rooting for you keep up the fight both.

The Big C on 14:28 - Sep 17 with 7368 viewssully49

This is the greatest post I've ever read, you are a incredible man for sharing thinks with us all a shining example to everyone that reads it. If you keep your
positive outlook you will make the very best of an awful situation you and your family will ever face.

Continue your fight and God bless you know that everyone connected to our wonderful family in Swansea City FC are ready to stand with you during your battles ahead.

You Sir are such an inspiration to us all and please heed Paul's words and get yourself screened as a disabled supporter I will making an appointment with my GP tomorrow.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The Big C on 16:44 - Sep 17 with 7345 viewsmax936

The Big C on 14:28 - Sep 17 by sully49

This is the greatest post I've ever read, you are a incredible man for sharing thinks with us all a shining example to everyone that reads it. If you keep your
positive outlook you will make the very best of an awful situation you and your family will ever face.

Continue your fight and God bless you know that everyone connected to our wonderful family in Swansea City FC are ready to stand with you during your battles ahead.

You Sir are such an inspiration to us all and please heed Paul's words and get yourself screened as a disabled supporter I will making an appointment with my GP tomorrow.

Unfortunately unless you are 60 plus or have relatives who have had these problems, they won't screen until you are 60, I went to see my GP as I was worried and she told me, thankfully it seems my problems were caused by antibiotic's as I'm fine now.

But yes do go and see your GP and see what they say

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Big C on 17:39 - Sep 17 with 7332 viewssully49

The Big C on 16:44 - Sep 17 by max936

Unfortunately unless you are 60 plus or have relatives who have had these problems, they won't screen until you are 60, I went to see my GP as I was worried and she told me, thankfully it seems my problems were caused by antibiotic's as I'm fine now.

But yes do go and see your GP and see what they say

I'm happy your health is now sorted Max and thank you for the information as I didn't realise that it was time constrained, I'm not quite 60 yet but I will still speak to my GP. Thank you.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The Big C on 18:07 - Sep 17 with 7327 viewsmax936

The Big C on 17:39 - Sep 17 by sully49

I'm happy your health is now sorted Max and thank you for the information as I didn't realise that it was time constrained, I'm not quite 60 yet but I will still speak to my GP. Thank you.

Yep, its always worth asking hope you get a positive outcome.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024