Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big C 16:42 - Aug 26 with 46156 viewsLord_Bony

Have nt posted on here for a while...though I still help mod the site in the background.

The reason being I was diagnosed on 23rd June with cancer after a routine blood test. It was a bombshell to say the least.

It was discovered I had a large tumour of the colon...6.5cm

Upon further investigation the final results are in . Unfortunately, it has spread to the lymph nodes and metastasised onto the liver. I have a tennis ball,golf ball and two marble sized tumours of the liver.All this must have happened over a long period without me being aware of it.

So I am at stage 4 advanced cancer...having said that I still have no symptoms and am feeling mostly well and still active....even though the prognosis is not good...for most people with liver tumours it is about 6 to 9 months from being diagnosed.

I am trying many different therapies at the moment including radically changing my diet to mainly vegan and drinking freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices every hour or so with tons of water and supplements to flush everything out....many have had great success with alternative treatments ...as I said I still feel ok and exercise regularly no problem..Pen y fan mountain being a favourite.

Still got options open due to start chemo therapy soon then maybe surgery if they can shrink the tumour size....but 3 major operations and months of chemo and radiation is a big ask...

The main reason for writing this is get yourself screened...especially over 50s even over 40s these days...insist on a colonoscopy as this kind of cancer is on the increase for both men and women.

You will not get any symptoms most of the time in many cancers..until it s too late..thats why its called the silent killer.If its caught in the early stages you have a great chance of a cure...once it spreads to other parts of the body it is much more difficult. 1 in 3 of us will be affected during our lifetimes with the figure predicted to be 1 in 2 in a few years...

You have been warned...

Up the Swans and good luck to you all for the future....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Big C on 19:03 - Sep 18 with 10516 viewsLord_Bony

The Big C on 16:44 - Sep 17 by max936

Unfortunately unless you are 60 plus or have relatives who have had these problems, they won't screen until you are 60, I went to see my GP as I was worried and she told me, thankfully it seems my problems were caused by antibiotic's as I'm fine now.

But yes do go and see your GP and see what they say

A good point about screening.

To get a colonoscopy in Scotland you have to be over 50, in England you have to be over 55, but unfortunately in Wales do you have to be over 60, that's down to the W a G again. They really need to drop the criteria on this as bowel cancer is on the increase with younger people getting it more frequently than previously. Its why I could not get one despite asking on two occasions,had I had one I would have been treated much earlier and saved the NHS a shed full of money.

If you really want a colonoscopy and blood tests you're basically going to have to tell a little white lie to the doctor, you have to say that you have had a change in bowel habit of bleeding or pain or somebody in your family has had cancer and you're worried. Anything just to get the test otherwise they will put you off until you are over 60 by that time it may be too late.

The only other alternative is to get a Private test that over 50s should get themselves checked regular

Unfortunately lifestyle also plays a huge part so you need to cut down on the white sugar white flour and alcohol for starters… Good luck.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

The Big C on 19:11 - Sep 18 with 10506 viewsDarran

The Big C on 19:03 - Sep 18 by Lord_Bony

To get a colonoscopy in Scotland you have to be over 50, in England you have to be over 55, but unfortunately in Wales do you have to be over 60, that's down to the W a G again. They really need to drop the criteria on this as bowel cancer is on the increase with younger people getting it more frequently than previously. Its why I could not get one despite asking on two occasions,had I had one I would have been treated much earlier and saved the NHS a shed full of money.

If you really want a colonoscopy and blood tests you're basically going to have to tell a little white lie to the doctor, you have to say that you have had a change in bowel habit of bleeding or pain or somebody in your family has had cancer and you're worried. Anything just to get the test otherwise they will put you off until you are over 60 by that time it may be too late.

The only other alternative is to get a Private test that over 50s should get themselves checked regular

Unfortunately lifestyle also plays a huge part so you need to cut down on the white sugar white flour and alcohol for starters… Good luck.

Hello Paul how's things?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Big C on 19:12 - Sep 18 with 10506 viewsLord_Bony

Ok thanks

No real discomfort yet. Using many alternative therapies.

Starting chemo next week.

The Big C on 19:14 - Sep 18 with 10500 viewsJackfath

The Big C on 19:12 - Sep 18 by Lord_Bony

Ok thanks

My very best wishes to you my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Big C on 19:19 - Sep 18 with 10491 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ok thanks

Hang in there mate. Which chemo are they giving you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Big C on 19:21 - Sep 18 with 10488 viewsLord_Bony

Thank you Fath.

The Big C on 19:24 - Sep 18 with 10477 viewsPhil_S

And my continued best wishes to you - keep fighting as hard as you can
The Big C on 19:26 - Sep 18 with 10474 viewsLord_Bony

Thanks boss.

Login to get fewer ads

The Big C on 19:26 - Sep 18 with 10471 viewsLord_Bony

The Big C on 19:19 - Sep 18 by exiledclaseboy

Hang in there mate. Which chemo are they giving you?

Folfox mixed with bevacizumab,an iinhibitor for the tumours.

Been told I will have a face like a pizza soon...

The Big C on 19:30 - Sep 18 with 10463 viewsDarran

Ok thanks

Love you Dude. X
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 19:30]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Big C on 21:23 - Sep 18 with 10421 viewsdickythorpe

The Big C on 19:26 - Sep 18 by Lord_Bony

Rooting for you here. I hope the treatment plays hell with those tumours.
The Big C on 22:40 - Sep 18 with 10391 viewsmax936

The Big C on 19:03 - Sep 18 by Lord_Bony

Bless you Paul Thanks for the advice again and hope your forth coming treatment its to harsh, but most of all works.

As for me the symptoms I was having subsided after I finished the Antibiotic's, but the wound on my foot isn't healing as well as it should be apparently, so they've put me back on antibiotic's tonight, but at least I know what to expect now..

All the best Paul and keep your chin up as usual.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Big C on 13:12 - Sep 20 with 10239 viewsfbreath

The Big C on 21:12 - Sep 1 by Lord_Bony

Well done my friend for getting yourself checked.

All colon cancers start off as polyps,some are benign,some are malignant or cancerous.

Had you not had it discovered you could well have been another statistic in a few years.

Keep an eye in future though.

Get yourselves checked people.

The worst bit is having to wait between 4-6 weeks for the results of the samples they have taken.

Been about 3 weeks since I had my colonoscopy.

Hope all is going well with you and your treatment.

Stay strong.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Big C on 13:13 - Sep 20 with 10239 viewssully49

I wish you the very best wishes in the next step in your upcoming procedures, keep your positive outlook. All your hopes sir.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The Big C on 13:12 - Sep 21 with 10156 viewsSwanzay

Ok thanks

All the very best to you LB, positive vibes!
The Big C on 14:17 - Sep 22 with 10031 viewswaynekerr55

The Big C on 19:26 - Sep 18 by Lord_Bony

Good luck Bony!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Big C on 21:33 - Sep 22 with 9973 viewswhoflungdung

Pizzas vary.

Can't stand the supermarket ones

Full of shite and sugar but they are pretty ,as your face will be

You give it hELl ,son

PErCh sends his Boxt we she's

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The Big C on 22:43 - Sep 23 with 9826 viewsBloodyhills

Bloody Hell. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Big C on 09:18 - Oct 1 with 9171 viewsbermudajack

The Big C on 22:43 - Sep 23 by Bloodyhills

Bloody Hell. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Good luck in your fight... never give in... Cancer has a habit of knowing when your ready to chuck the towel in...
As someone who is now 10 years in remission from stage 4 lymphoma, I kinda know the journey your about to embark on...
There’s some excellent advice already been written on here
Stay positive and busy your mind, let the surgeons and Chemo do their thing...
You will beat this 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

The Big C on 11:22 - Oct 5 with 8890 viewswaynekerr55

The Big C on 21:33 - Sep 22 by whoflungdung

Pizzas vary.

Can't stand the supermarket ones

Full of shite and sugar but they are pretty ,as your face will be

You give it hELl ,son

PErCh sends his Boxt we she's

PErCh sends his Boxt we she's?

Officer Crabtree

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Big C on 15:53 - Oct 5 with 8862 viewsLoyal

Watched a documentary on andy Whitfield, Welsh actor yesterday.
Amazing courage.

Can I ask LB, was the initial blood test a PSA test ?
Sorry if you have already answered this.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024