Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big C 16:42 - Aug 26 with 46229 viewsLord_Bony

Have nt posted on here for a while...though I still help mod the site in the background.

The reason being I was diagnosed on 23rd June with cancer after a routine blood test. It was a bombshell to say the least.

It was discovered I had a large tumour of the colon...6.5cm

Upon further investigation the final results are in . Unfortunately, it has spread to the lymph nodes and metastasised onto the liver. I have a tennis ball,golf ball and two marble sized tumours of the liver.All this must have happened over a long period without me being aware of it.

So I am at stage 4 advanced cancer...having said that I still have no symptoms and am feeling mostly well and still active....even though the prognosis is not good...for most people with liver tumours it is about 6 to 9 months from being diagnosed.

I am trying many different therapies at the moment including radically changing my diet to mainly vegan and drinking freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices every hour or so with tons of water and supplements to flush everything out....many have had great success with alternative treatments ...as I said I still feel ok and exercise regularly no problem..Pen y fan mountain being a favourite.

Still got options open due to start chemo therapy soon then maybe surgery if they can shrink the tumour size....but 3 major operations and months of chemo and radiation is a big ask...

The main reason for writing this is get yourself screened...especially over 50s even over 40s these days...insist on a colonoscopy as this kind of cancer is on the increase for both men and women.

You will not get any symptoms most of the time in many cancers..until it s too late..thats why its called the silent killer.If its caught in the early stages you have a great chance of a cure...once it spreads to other parts of the body it is much more difficult. 1 in 3 of us will be affected during our lifetimes with the figure predicted to be 1 in 2 in a few years...

You have been warned...

Up the Swans and good luck to you all for the future....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Big C on 16:46 - Aug 26 with 9336 viewsgolly47

All the best lord bony, horrible, horrible thing to go through. Be sure to keep us updated with your progress.

Poll: What was worse?

The Big C on 16:47 - Aug 26 with 9329 viewsPhil_S

I really have no idea what to say other than a very simple anything you need then just ask. A F**king horrible disease that hits far too many people

Puts everything into perspective
The Big C on 16:49 - Aug 26 with 9319 viewsLohengrin

The very best of luck, mate.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Big C on 16:52 - Aug 26 with 9309 viewsdickythorpe

Sorry to hear about your battle with this bloody cancer.
Keep fighting and remember that every cancer is different to every individual.

You deserve a lot of praise in posting this and also urging people to get screened.

Cancer took my mother and almost my dad, but he was being regularly screened and I think that is why he is still here today.

There are so many treatments offered by the medical experts, and an individual sufferers approach as you say with your diet could be very beneficial.

Take good care and I am wishing you all the best wishes and fortune in the world in trying to beat this despite its advanced stage.
The Big C on 16:57 - Aug 26 with 9262 viewsNeath_Jack

F*ck me, i went a bit dizzy reading that then.

Keep fighting pal, you can do it.

YJB

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Big C on 16:58 - Aug 26 with 9248 viewsmax936

Saddened to read this Paul, terrible news, well done for posting this Tread and very brave of you and your thought for others sent a shiver through me.
Best of best wishes to you, keep doing what you doing and you can get through this with your positivity.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Big C on 16:59 - Aug 26 with 9238 viewsMo_Wives

Sorry to hear. All the best.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The Big C on 17:04 - Aug 26 with 9170 viewsTreforys_Jack

Had a few recent scares myself over the last 12mths, so echo the OP's message, get yourself screened and tested, the earlier it's detected the better chance of successful treatment. Best wishes mate.
Login to get fewer ads

The Big C on 17:08 - Aug 26 with 9124 viewsZZoric

in 2008 i learnt that there's a huge incidence of colonic cancer in swansea area, apparently traced back to industrial waste in rivers etc etc. A shock to us as a family
The Big C on 17:09 - Aug 26 with 9110 viewscimlajack

Brave post, be the best patient anyone could ever be,fight with everything you can,medication,diet,exercise.
All the very best.
The Big C on 17:14 - Aug 26 with 9050 viewsBournedore

Keep fighting and very best of luck. YJB.
The Big C on 17:17 - Aug 26 with 9035 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I wish you all the very best mate, you're a brave man and it puts trivial things that we get worked up about into perspective.

Keep fighting.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Big C on 17:17 - Aug 26 with 9028 viewsShaky

Stay positive, stay strong.

Best of luck.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Big C on 17:21 - Aug 26 with 8996 viewsjacktar

Keep your positive thinking as that can only help.
Good luck and best wishes.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

The Big C on 17:26 - Aug 26 with 8964 viewsWitneyjack

Sorry to hear this. Stay strong and think positively. Hope things improve .
The Big C on 17:27 - Aug 26 with 8963 viewsmonmouth

Oh for f*cks sake. I'm welling up here Paul. ``i know it's no help, but read staring at the sun, by Irvin Yalom.

I know I wouldn't have the courage to do this, because I'm a coward, but try and role model how to deal with this for your family.

Jesus. I'm so,so sorry.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Big C on 17:48 - Aug 26 with 8846 viewslifelong

Just like to echo all that's been said, all the very best to you.
The Big C on 17:54 - Aug 26 with 8826 viewsBanosswan

I've had cancer that metastasised to my lymph nodes and liver (amongst others) and thankfully made it through, so don't give up all hope. Obviously each case is different, but positivity helps, especially those around you.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Big C on 17:58 - Aug 26 with 8811 viewsunion_jack

Very little to add other than what's been said above.

Keep strong, keep fighting but above all keep positive.

The very best to you.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Big C on 18:04 - Aug 26 with 8780 viewsSwansea_Viking

Jeez. Horrible disease. Keep fighting YJB

You Stupid Boy!

The Big C on 18:17 - Aug 26 with 8714 viewsSwanseajill

You're being incredibly positive, fighting to keep that going will be a bonus LB

I second all of the above comments, and I wish you all the very best of outcomes with your treatment.x
The Big C on 18:25 - Aug 26 with 8680 viewsFlashberryjack

So sorry to hear this awful news my friend.

Good luck in your fight with this f*cking horrible disease, plenty have beaten the bast*rd thing.

That post must have been hard for you, and if you feel up to it please continue to post, we're all behind.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Big C on 18:25 - Aug 26 with 8679 viewstrampie

All the best Lord Bony, hope the treatment go's well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Big C on 18:31 - Aug 26 with 8641 viewsMartyrman57

So sad to hear. Keep positive. Best wishes YJB
The Big C on 18:31 - Aug 26 with 8636 viewsItchySphincter

Keep fighting it, we haven't even had World War III yet. You've got to hang about for that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024